The BudLight of Gun Safes...Liberty Safes

The issue is now people know that the company has access to their combinations, and will give those over as well as any other information without hesitation............they just declared they really want to go out of business...

Or just change the combo and do not tell the company.

Maybe so.
I'm not going to sell mine, but I wont buy another unless something changes.

Can you change the combination on your safe? Just wondering why the company would still have the combination on record....

Maybe so.
I'm not going to sell mine, but I wont buy another unless something changes.

You should take it out in the woods and video yourself shooting it till it is destroyed.

That sort of thing is very popular with the right wingers.

Or just change the combo and do not tell the company.
Ah. You don't understand the issue.
Everyone can change the combination - its the first thing you do.
The factory has a 'back door' combination that it keeps on record in case you lose yours.
Liberty voluntarily gave that combination up to the FBI.

Last edited:
Ah. You don't understand the issue.
Everyone can change the combination - its the first thing you do.
The factory has a 'back door' combination that it keeps on record in case you lose yours.
Liberty voluntarily gave that combination up to the FBI.

I thought they might....

And the issue here is they didn't wait to get a search warrant? The company just gave it up like a democrat female to a democrat male politician?

You can't disregard a federal warrant. The feds had a warrant didn't they? If you have a tendency to resist the powerful law enforcement arm of the federal government, look what happened on Ruby Ridge and the tanks and poison gas it took to incinerate the 80 people at Waco. Access to your gun safe is the least of your worries. It should be noted that the mainstream media gave scant notice when federal law enforcement shipped thousands of illegal weapons to Mexican drug cartels under Obama and one of the weapons turned up in the murder of a Border Patrol Officer.

You can't disregard a federal warrant. The feds had a warrant didn't they? If you have a tendency to resist the powerful law enforcement arm of the federal government, look what happened on Ruby Ridge and the tanks and poison gas it took to incinerate the 80 people at Waco. Access to your gun safe is the least of your worries. It should be noted that the mainstream media gave scant notice when federal law enforcement shipped thousands of illegal weapons to Mexican drug cartels under Obama and one of the weapons turned up in the murder of a Border Patrol Officer.

It doesn’t sound like they had a warrant…….do you know if they did?

From Saint Herrera, it sounds like the FBI searched the house, carted off the safe and asked Liberty for the code.

Surprising given a good thief can open one in what, a few minutes? (Safes are meh against criminals but good for their fire rating)

The issue is now people know that the company has access to their combinations, and will give those over as well as any other information without hesitation............they just declared they really want to go out of business...
Liberty has advised that owners can request that all access codes/combos retained for that specific customer owned safe can be expunged from Liberties databases.

This however poses a concern for a customer who may lose/forget their safe code as they will have no other recourse to recover. Those customers who do not ask Liberty to remove access codes/combos, Liberty will only act and provide those codes when legally obligated by a subpoena.

The realized they made a mistake, they owned up to it, and are making the correct policy changes.

From Saint Herrera, it sounds like the FBI searched the house, carted off the safe and asked Liberty for the code.

Surprising given a good thief can open one in what, a few minutes? (Safes are meh against criminals but good for their fire rating)
Yep most LEO Agencies have Union Locksmiths ( Safecracker Trained ) on speed dial and under retainer

The correct response from Liberty should have been

"Fuck you and horse you rode in on".

The FBI does not serve the American people. It serves the rulers of this filthy ass Banana Republic that use to be the United States of America.

The FBI does not serve the American people. It serves the rulers of this filthy ass Banana Republic that use to be the United States of America.
Exactly ( Apple ? ) made Feds wait Months and go through several Court Cases then said FU again to Feds gettin in various Criminals & Terrorists IPhones

However, given the PoPo can physically do it, this is not preserving anything. However, it sounds like Liberty's revised policy is a good one.

Forum List

Back