The Cappucino Corral

Sigh...

Hobbes.

Tree.

Number six.
In the 37 degree rain.

:banghead:

Just figured out where he is, right in back of the house this time, yet he said nothing until now.

We're making progress. He's only got 487 trees left to explore.
Dealing with it in the morning.

Uh, Pogo - Have you ever thought of just keeping him in?

Ours are inside-only and do really well.

Just a thought.

So, what is it with people's fascination with the Kardashians? And Kanye West?

Have to admit I've never heard him sing so maybe he's really talented and I just don't know it. But, they have some brilliant publicists because, as far as I have seen, they don't really do anything worthwhile. I've read you can buy apps for your phone that tell you exactly what they're wearing, eating and doing so you can copy them.

Another one I've seen advertised is Tori Spelling. WTH?

Why do we idolize such useless people?

So, what is it with people's fascination with the Kardashians? And Kanye West?

Have to admit I've never heard him sing so maybe he's really talented and I just don't know it. But, they have some brilliant publicists because, as far as I have seen, they don't really do anything worthwhile. I've read you can buy apps for your phone that tell you exactly what they're wearing, eating and doing so you can copy them.

Another one I've seen advertised is Tori Spelling. WTH?

Why do we idolize such useless people?
I don't think many people idolize them. Tori Spelling is like a train wreck, the Kardashians are too. Unfortunately she got her father's looks and his wife got all his money.

Good morning, All. Wish I knew how to make a good cappuccino.

There is a cafe down the corner from my place (in Germany), an italian cafe, that makes the best cappuccino I've ever had. The stuff has more calories than normal coffee, to be sure. And there is a special form of biscotti that goes with the drink that is most excellent.

I have seen that there are some very good and affordable cappuccino/espresso machines in the USA these days.

There is a cafe down the corner from my place (in Germany), an italian cafe, that makes the best cappuccino I've ever had. The stuff has more calories than normal coffee, to be sure. And there is a special form of biscotti that goes with the drink that is most excellent.

I have seen that there are some very good and affordable cappuccino/espresso machines in the USA these days.
Ahh you need a machine. Doh..

When I was as kid I asked my Mom why she watched soap operas and she said "People like to see that others have problems too". Of course it didn't occur to me at that time that my Mom was having problems.

As far as the Kardashians are concerned, I think they're a richer, less intelligent version of Honey Boo Boo.

When I was as kid I asked my Mom why she watched soap operas and she said "People like to see that others have problems too". Of course it didn't occur to me at that time that my Mom was having problems.

As far as the Kardashians are concerned, I think they're a richer, less intelligent version of Honey Boo Boo.
All of those Kardashian girls are rich. They all have really nice houses, anything else they'd ever want..

The Kardashians are pretty unkown in Germany, but I saw a pic of Kim and was pretty unimpressed.

Hey, Mad, glad to see you here, hope you stop by often!

Ahh you need a machine. Doh..

There is a way to do it by hand, but frankly, it's more effort than it is worth.

3 Ways to Make a Cappuccino - wikiHow

I have one of those small espresso pots and have made my own cappuccino at home, but it's hard to get it just right.

Last edited:

BTW, I just read someplace that Germany is considered the best country to live in. Wish I'd kept the link but I don't remember where I saw that.

We have friends both in Paris and Brussels ... Sometimes we're a little tempted. But, we love our lake house so much that we can't imagine ever leaving it.

Have you ever heard the "suitcase" story? That if we all packed our troubles up in a suitcase, went down to the corner and exchanged our suitcases with other people's suitcase, we'd all end up bringing our own suitcases back home with us.

BTW, I just read someplace that Germany is considered the best country to live in. Wish I'd kept the link but I don't remember where I saw that.

We have friends both in Paris and Brussels ... Sometimes we're a little tempted. But, we love our lake house so much that we can't imagine ever leaving it.

I don"t think there is any one best place to live in the world. Some places are obviously maybe somewhat more desirable, but I think you can find good and bad pretty much anywhere. And I think that perspective plays a role as well.

Have you ever heard the "suitcase" story? That if we all packed our troubles up in a suitcase, went down to the corner and exchanged our suitcases with other people's suitcase, we'd all end up bringing our own suitcases back home with us.
Did you ever see that movie Up in the Air? George Clooney gave motivational speeches in it and he had a story about packing your life into suitcases. I love those. :) I love speeches generally.

We have one of those Keurig single-brew machines. Mrs. H. likes the little "K" cups, and they do make for a superior brew. But even if you buy an 80-count box at say Sam's Club they still come out to 50 cents a pop. I bought a big tub of Folger's dark brew that was on sale and figured the per-cup price at around 5 cents.
Do the math. Sure it tastes like crap but geez Louise I ain't going that K cup route again.

You can purchase a stainless steel refillable K-cup. Mrs Te fills it up with her favorite brew from Dunkin Donuts. Much cheaper than the disposable k-cups. :)
I've been wanting to try Dunkin Donuts coffee. Maybe I'll pick some up this week.

That's the kind we use. We like Cracker Barrel's coffee....and Gevalia, too.
I want to try Gevalia too. I almost got it once but it's expensive and I wasn't sure I'd like it.

I tried it when it first came out -- they were giving away some gift with a subscription, a coffee machine I think --- but it was probably the weakest puniest most what's-the-point coffee I ever had. :puke: I never went back to it. Kept the coffee maker though.

Okay, Pogo, you're one of those people that likes coffee so strong you have to spoon it out of your cup :eusa_wall: .....Gevalia has different strengths. I always get the weakest because I don't like very strong coffee. I don't like it really weak, either, but Mr Mertex thinks my coffee is weak.....:(....is that a Keurig you are talking about?

Last edited:
Sigh...

Hobbes.

Tree.

Number six.
In the 37 degree rain.

:banghead:

Just figured out where he is, right in back of the house this time, yet he said nothing until now.

We're making progress. He's only got 487 trees left to explore.
Dealing with it in the morning.

I think Hobbes may be part monkey.....why he likes trees so much....:rolleyes:

That's a thought. Next time I'll see if I can entice him down with a banana. :banana:

I think this time he may have been spooked by the two dogs that followed me home after a walk -- one of them was a stranger. Big black lab from down the street, not aggressive at all, just a big sweet playful oaf. But he is a big guy, and I suspect Hobbes is intimidated by big canines.

He also might have gotten jealous....decided to give you another lesson.....:eusa_think:

Good morning everyone! Once again, wanted to sleep in but instead of being awakened by cats and dog making noise, I woke up to absolute quiet - wide awake, just sure that I had not seen Catsby before I closed the bedroom door last night and feared I had accidentally left the little blighter out on the screened in porch. So, rushed out into the cold house, stark naked, headed for the porch, only to find him sitting in the in the big front window, quietly watching a deer in our front yard.

He ignored me, of course. Dogs do that "huh?" look really well but cats don't even turn their head.

Sarah, I don't know how to make cappuccino either and it sounds good this morning.

Its a veritable heat wave this morning - 38 degrees! I'm through one cup of coffee, put the bird feeders out and saw an eagle fly by.

I think you have to have a special kind of coffee maker, don't you? Seems I recall having one some years back and it finally gave out (probably because we didn't use it much)......you could make different kinds, but as I recall....the cappuccino was always very strong....not something I would like.

Forum List

Back