The Collapsing American Middle Class

I have to go somewhere. But, imo, the question is simply. Can society set a bottom limit on what price a certain market can value something at, such as labor?

I would argue that what we saw with GM and the UAW in the late 70s was that unions could force a corporation to set the price of labor too high for the corporations to sell a product at a profit.

But at the same time, we also saw a management that could not design a product that could successfully compete with Toyota, so blaming labor for GM's demise would be overly simplistic. But now, GM is union owned, so labor's price is set more by market forces. Yet, GM is outsourcing jobs to non-union countries.
Your question is absurd. Of course society can set those limits. Society can set limits on anything--the price of bread, the number of hours worked, the amount of overtime, the size of a company.
The question is whether that is good policy and the answer is resoundingly NO.

Yeah, monopolies are great for a society.
Monopolies today are products of government action, simp.

And who do you think lobbied for the policies shoog? Jesus man.
ANyone can lobby for anything, dunce.

I wish you understood how your power structure works. We might be able to converse.

You do not know what "neo conservatism" is any more than you know the go/no-go specs of 30-06.

That is interesting. I was in the infantry and we set the timing gap to the 50 cal with a go/no go gauge but I have never heard of it for a 30 ought six.

What model did they have a 30-06 machine gun in use during your time?
Dumbshit. Go/No Go is for headspace and every rifle chambered for it has headspace.
Yeah, that is why they call it a head space/timing gauge.

And no, not every rifle has to have the user set the head space and timing in the field. That is usually the job of the armorer, if there is a minor issue, or they send it back. In the field is mostly for belt fed weapons as bolt action rifles have the head space built in to the dimensions of the bolt and the chamber of the rifle to fit the conical front of the round. Improper head space with these is readily noticed when you chamber a round.

At least that is how I remember it from about 30 years ago with a little help from Wikipedia, lol.

Dumbshit, roflmao.
I didnt say the headspace needed to be set, asswipe. But every gun with a chamber has a headspace.
Face it, you fucked up. You went somewhere you didnt know what you were talking about. And you looked like a dolt. Get over it and move on.

You do not know what "neo conservatism" is any more than you know the go/no-go specs of 30-06.

That is interesting. I was in the infantry and we set the timing gap to the 50 cal with a go/no go gauge but I have never heard of it for a 30 ought six.

Dumbshit. Go/No Go is for headspace and every rifle chambered for it has headspace.

And no, not every rifle has to have the user set the head space and timing in the field. That is usually the job of the armorer, if there is a minor issue, or they send it back. In the field is mostly for belt fed weapons as bolt action rifles have the head space built in to the dimensions of the bolt and the chamber of the rifle to fit the conical front of the round. Improper head space with these is readily noticed when you chamber a round.

At least that is how I remember it from about 30 years ago with a little help from Wikipedia, lol.

Dumbshit, roflmao.
I didnt say the headspace needed to be set, asswipe. But every gun with a chamber has a headspace.
Face it, you fucked up. You went somewhere you didnt know what you were talking about. And you looked like a dolt. Get over it and move on.

Actually you got your shit packed and lack the common sense to stop posting on and on about it. Very telling.

And no, not every rifle has to have the user set the head space and timing in the field. That is usually the job of the armorer, if there is a minor issue or they send it back. In the field is mostly for belt fed weapons as bolt action rifles have the head space built in to the dimensions of the bolt and the chamber of the rifle to fit the conical front of the round. Improper head space with these is readily noticed when you chamber a round.

Dumbshit, roflmao.

Oh fuck, that's gonna leave a mark!
haha I see I'm dealing with a real PhD candidate here. I've been a firearms dealer and armorer for over a decade, simp. Not some shit I half remember from 30 years ago.

And no, not every rifle has to have the user set the head space and timing in the field. That is usually the job of the armorer, if there is a minor issue or they send it back. In the field is mostly for belt fed weapons as bolt action rifles have the head space built in to the dimensions of the bolt and the chamber of the rifle to fit the conical front of the round. Improper head space with these is readily noticed when you chamber a round.

Dumbshit, roflmao.

haha I see I'm dealing with a real PhD candidate here. I've been a firearms dealer and armorer for over a decade, simp. Not some shit I half remember from 30 years ago.

You're just a fucking idiot here pard.

Just to head this deflection off; this is due to the leadership of BOTH parties being bought by the corporate crony network.

This is not a slam on Dems alone, but all the bastards that undermine our lives and economic future in DC by carrying corporate water for them.

The Bruised and Battered Middle Class

Likewise, California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas have the 10 areas with the highest share of lower-income earners. With the exception of New Mexico, all those states have favored either Republicans or Democrats in four straight presidential elections.

The metro regions with the highest percentage of middle-income households, though, are disproportionately located in swing states or states that the Trump campaign believes are ripe for the New York billionaire's economic message. Pennsylvania and Ohio each have one, and Wisconsin alone has four.

"That tells me the trends described in this report are going to benefit the more populist candidates," said Alan Tonelson, an economic policy analyst who is critical of U.S. trade policy. "That seems to me to translate into good news for Trump … [Clinton] doesn't have very deep roots as a trade policy critic."
This meme is utter bullshit. The middle class is better off than they were 20 years ago. Yes, the last 8 years have sucked due to the low growth that Dem policies produce. But otherwise this is just dog whistle.

This meme is utter bullshit. The middle class is better off than they were 20 years ago. Yes, the last 8 years have sucked due to the low growth that Dem policies produce. But otherwise this is just dog whistle.

Young people today don't have anywhere near the buying power their Fathers and Grand Fathers had.
Thank government policies that caused huge inflation.

Your question is absurd. Of course society can set those limits. Society can set limits on anything--the price of bread, the number of hours worked, the amount of overtime, the size of a company.
The question is whether that is good policy and the answer is resoundingly NO.

I wish you understood how your power structure works. We might be able to converse.
Just because someone lobbies for something doesnt make it so. Government makes the decision and makes the laws. Ergo monopolies are functions of government intervention, not the free market.

Just to head this deflection off; this is due to the leadership of BOTH parties being bought by the corporate crony network.

This is not a slam on Dems alone, but all the bastards that undermine our lives and economic future in DC by carrying corporate water for them.

Likewise, California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas have the 10 areas with the highest share of lower-income earners. With the exception of New Mexico, all those states have favored either Republicans or Democrats in four straight presidential elections.

The metro regions with the highest percentage of middle-income households, though, are disproportionately located in swing states or states that the Trump campaign believes are ripe for the New York billionaire's economic message. Pennsylvania and Ohio each have one, and Wisconsin alone has four.

"That tells me the trends described in this report are going to benefit the more populist candidates," said Alan Tonelson, an economic policy analyst who is critical of U.S. trade policy. "That seems to me to translate into good news for Trump … [Clinton] doesn't have very deep roots as a trade policy critic."

Young people today don't have anywhere near the buying power their Fathers and Grand Fathers had.

Go on, elaborate, tell us more.

Dumbshit, roflmao.

You're just a fucking idiot here pard.
Translation: I look stupid.
Thats gonna leave a mark.

Illegals water down wages in this country. That is the culprit right there.

no. outsourcing waters down wages....and the second largest employer in this country forces down wages by refusing to buy goods over a certain dollar amount, regardless of wages.... and you wingers drive down wages by destroying collective bargaining.

if you're competing with someone who doesn't speak English for a menial job, then you should probably up your game.

Im not here to make up for the education you obviously missed out on. Go read any book on monetary policy, esp with reference to the 1970s.

You'd better thank God that the Air Traffic Controllers had an illegal strike, because of it ALL FAA towers have Doppler radar.

Employees aren't commodities!
Agreed employees aren't commodities but I fail to what Reagan firing all the PATCO controllers has to do with technological advancement.

no. outsourcing waters down wages....and the second largest employer in this country forces down wages by refusing to buy goods over a certain dollar amount, regardless of wages.... and you wingers drive down wages by destroying collective bargaining.

if you're competing with someone who doesn't speak English for a menial job, then you should probably up your game.
Actually for every job outsourced three are created domestically.
You're so fucking uninformed. It's like explaining quantum physics to a hamster.

Just because someone lobbies for something doesnt make it so. Government makes the decision and makes the laws. Ergo monopolies are functions of government intervention, not the free market.

You have some, ahem, rather interesting pronouncements. You can't really articulate, explain, or discuss anything. You just spin off one liners and slogans.

You're so fucking uninformed. It's like explaining quantum physics to a hamster.

"Actually for every job outsourced three are created domestically."

Source please.

Source please.
Which of my Ignored idiots are you wasting your time on?

Im not here to make up for the education you obviously missed out on. Go read any book on monetary policy, esp with reference to the 1970s.

That's what I thought, you never can.

Source please.

All of them, I donate time to attempting to discuss current events with the handicapped.

Source please.

All of them, I donate time to attempting to discuss current events with the handicapped.
You know you're wasting pixels.

Forum List

Back