The Common Denominator: Islam

Isn't it like them blaming all Westerners? And just as mature?

What happens to Westerners who embrace Islam, you know....the religion of peace?

"Following Ayatollah Khomeini's 14 February 1989 death fatwa against author Salman Rushdie, convert to Islam and recording artist Yusuf Islam, previously known as Cat Stevens, made statements that were interpreted [Liberal obfuscation!] as endorsing the killing of Rushdie."
Cat Stevens comments about Salman Rushdie - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

On 21 February 1989, Yusuf Islam addressed students at
Kingston University in London about his conversion to Islam and was asked about the controversy in the Muslim world and the fatwa calling for Salman Rushdie's execution. He replied, "He must be killed. The Qur'an makes it clear – if someone defames the prophet, then he must die."
Philadelphia Inquirer
, 24 February 1989, p.5A

"LONDON, May 22 -- The musician known as Cat Stevens said in a British television program to be broadcast next week that rather than go to a demonstration to burn an effigy of the author Salman Rushdie, ''I would have hoped that it'd be the real thing.... He also said that if Mr. Rushdie turned up at his doorstep looking for help, ''I might ring somebody who might do more damage to him than he would like.''

''I'd try to phone the Ayatollah Khomeini and tell him exactly where this man is,'' said Mr. Islam, who watched a preview of the program today and said in an interview that he stood by his comments.''
Cat Stevens Gives Support To Call for Death of Rushdie

Please do go on about how one should not blame all adherents to Islam.....

One shouldn't because nothing in your post even comes close to making all Muslims blameworthy.

Hitler blamed all the Jews, so I guess at least we have precedent for this manner of assigning blame.

Another nugatory post from a nugatory individual.

Do you disagree that Hitler blamed all Jews? Was that a good idea, in principle?

Were the jews going around chopping people's head off and raping and murdering little girls back then.........

I don't fing think so..........

What happens to Westerners who embrace Islam, you know....the religion of peace?

"Following Ayatollah Khomeini's 14 February 1989 death fatwa against author Salman Rushdie, convert to Islam and recording artist Yusuf Islam, previously known as Cat Stevens, made statements that were interpreted [Liberal obfuscation!] as endorsing the killing of Rushdie."

Kingston University in London about his conversion to Islam and was asked about the controversy in the Muslim world and the fatwa calling for Salman Rushdie's execution. He replied, "He must be killed. The Qur'an makes it clear – if someone defames the prophet, then he must die."
Philadelphia Inquirer
, 24 February 1989, p.5A

"LONDON, May 22 -- The musician known as Cat Stevens said in a British television program to be broadcast next week that rather than go to a demonstration to burn an effigy of the author Salman Rushdie, ''I would have hoped that it'd be the real thing.... He also said that if Mr. Rushdie turned up at his doorstep looking for help, ''I might ring somebody who might do more damage to him than he would like.''

''I'd try to phone the Ayatollah Khomeini and tell him exactly where this man is,'' said Mr. Islam, who watched a preview of the program today and said in an interview that he stood by his comments.''

One shouldn't because nothing in your post even comes close to making all Muslims blameworthy.

Hitler blamed all the Jews, so I guess at least we have precedent for this manner of assigning blame.

Isn't the common denominator of evil North Korea that they're all Koreans?

They are evil because they are led by another mad dictatorship who starves his own people, and butchers anyone who disagrees are history.................Same of all major dictators throughout time.........It is how they maintain power, same as the Shah, Saddam, and Assad.............

It appears Joe has left the site...........after not answering my question.............

Lame................ass...............liberal

Philadelphia Inquirer
, 24 February 1989, p.5A

Do you disagree that Hitler blamed all Jews? Was that a good idea, in principle?

Were the jews going around chopping people's head off and raping and murdering little girls back then.........

What percent of the 2 billion Muslims in the world have murdered an innocent person?

Part two: how many innocent Palestinians did the Israelis kill in their recent terror attacks?

Philadelphia Inquirer
, 24 February 1989, p.5A

They are evil because they are led by another mad dictatorship who starves his own people, and butchers anyone who disagrees are history.................Same of all major dictators throughout time.........It is how they maintain power, same as the Shah, Saddam, and Assad.............

Ok, so it's justified to blame all Koreans for North Korea's existence?

Very interesting.

Philadelphia Inquirer
, 24 February 1989, p.5A

Do you blame all Catholics for the sex scandals in the Catholic priesthood over the years, or do you only blame the individuals who actually committed the crimes?

Philadelphia Inquirer
, 24 February 1989, p.5A

What percent of the 2 billion Muslims in the world have murdered an innocent person?

Part two: how many innocent Palestinians did the Israelis kill in their recent terror attacks?

What percentage of Muslims have torn the Nation of Syria in 2........Causing HALF, I REPEAT HALF of the Population to be displaced........................I'm talking 10 million people there..............

That isn't a small group of people unless you try to divert the facts on the ground saying well 900 million Muslims are the good guys shit.

Face it...........This is Radical Jihad via fanatical Islamist causing the danged problems in Syria........And the people of that country are fleeing all over the dang place to escape it.

What percentage of Muslims have torn the Nation of Syria in 2........Causing HALF, I REPEAT HALF of the Population to be displaced........................I'm talking 10 million people there..............

That isn't a small group of people unless you try to divert the facts on the ground saying well 900 million Muslims are the good guys shit.

Face it...........This is Radical Jihad via fanatical Islamist causing the danged problems in Syria........And the people of that country are fleeing all over the dang place to escape it.

The nation with the largest number of Muslims is Indonesia...

Should we bomb them for what ISIS is doing? After all, the common denominator justifies it. Just ask the OP.

Last edited:

Philadelphia Inquirer
, 24 February 1989, p.5A

Ok, so it's justified to blame all Koreans for North Korea's existence?

Very interesting.

BS and deflection

North Korea is because of you......Because people like you whine like a little bitch when we go to War and call the Korean War a POLICE ACTION instead of a War..............and then people like you REFUSE TO FINISH THE WAR AND WIN IT..........creating a North Korea in the 1st place............

So you caused North Korea to exist.........even if you weren't there because of your mentality on refusing to finish a War and fight it like a War.........

To another issue. Vietnam..........We didn't lose the War because of the Troops fighting it........We lost it because of people like you again, who refused to fight it like a War and Win it.

Iraq II happended because we didn't finish Iraq I.

The nation with the largest number of Muslims is Indonesia?

Should we bomb them for what ISIS is doing? After all, the common denominator justifies it. Just ask the OP.

Again deflection. Are they beheading our people there.........Don't think so...........So now you'll say the spin and say look they see good Muslims there........So what........

I've praised Muslims like Egypt for choosing Peace over War..........But your straw man doesn't change the fact that ISIS is an Islamic Group on a Caliphate...........ROOT CAUSE.......RADICAL ISLAM.

[

Which part of one side being destroyed to end this didn't you understand. That is War..........In all it's barbarity...........And one side will not fair thee well in the outcome......................

To our current policy............Obama's............The place is on fire..........He fights the fire with ISIS with fire..............Then pours GASOLINE on the other side of the equation by arming the FSA and wanting Assad gone.................

I'm asking you POINT BLANK..............Is Obama WRONG ON HIS CURRENT STRATEGY.......................

No, Obama's strategy is to look like we are doing something until everyone loses interest, but not getting us stuck to this tar baby. Unlike Bush who got us bogged down over there for a decade.

I don't care which side wins, i'm sure they'll be a problem when they do. I just don't see a good reason to get involved.

[

Which part of one side being destroyed to end this didn't you understand. That is War..........In all it's barbarity...........And one side will not fair thee well in the outcome......................

To our current policy............Obama's............The place is on fire..........He fights the fire with ISIS with fire..............Then pours GASOLINE on the other side of the equation by arming the FSA and wanting Assad gone.................

I'm asking you POINT BLANK..............Is Obama WRONG ON HIS CURRENT STRATEGY.......................

No, Obama's strategy is to look like we are doing something until everyone loses interest, but not getting us stuck to this tar baby. Unlike Bush who got us bogged down over there for a decade.

I don't care which side wins, i'm sure they'll be a problem when they do. I just don't see a good reason to get involved.

LOL

That was the lamest No I've ever seen..........you still try to defend him even after your posts say the opposite.........and throw Bush into the equation.............Obama's arming and has been arming the FSA............Openly wants Assad gone.............

I had no trouble throwing Bush under the bus when I thought he was wrong...........I guess we are different on that issue aren't we.

[

"But PC was here telling us that we need to fear Islam as an institution."

Let's try to be more accurate.

1. The only major religion actually endorsing the slaughter of innocents today is Islam.

2. The Q'ran is a book of war, promising rewards to adherents for either slaying non-believers, or dying in the effort.

3.There are no moderating verses in the Q'ran that are not overruled by more violent ones.

Only a fool would deny the above.

Okay, let's look at that.

According to the SKeptics Annotated Koran, the Koran has 532 verses that advocate or depict violence.

Cruelty in the Quran

And the Holy Bible has 1332.

Cruelty and Violence

19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Philadelphia Inquirer
, 24 February 1989, p.5A

What percent of that 2B publicly condemn beheadings and terrorism?

Again deflection. Are they beheading our people there.........Don't think so...........So now you'll say the spin and say look they see good Muslims there........So what........

I've praised Muslims like Egypt for choosing Peace over War..........But your straw man doesn't change the fact that ISIS is an Islamic Group on a Caliphate...........ROOT CAUSE.......RADICAL ISLAM.

It's a deflection to talk about ALL MUSLIMS when the subject of the thread is an attack on ALL MUSLIMS?

lol

LOL

That was the lamest No I've ever seen..........you still try to defend him even after your posts say the opposite.........and throw Bush into the equation.............Obama's arming and has been arming the FSA............Openly wants Assad gone.............

I had no trouble throwing Bush under the bus when I thought he was wrong...........I guess we are different on that issue aren't we.

Not really defending him. I think it's stupid to arm the FSA, but that's what all the Cool Kids in Washington want to do.

Is his policy going to result in thousands of Americans coming home in Body Bags?

Probably not.

It's a deflection to talk about ALL MUSLIMS when the subject of the thread is an attack on ALL MUSLIMS?

lol

When Muslims are going around chopping off heads and performing Genocide........who are we supposed to talk about............The Easter Bunny............hmmmmmmm.

Forum List

Back