The Common Denominator: Islam

[

It's not surprising that you are a thoroughly brainwashed progressive.

Up until 2008 I was Republican.

Then my Romney-loving boss screwed me over when I was injured in an accident.

I call it knowing who my enemies are.

The only brainwashed people I see here are Wingnuts like you who vote against your own economic interests because Jesus said so.

Yep. A true prog who generalizes the actions of one person he met to be those of everyone who disagrees with him.

I suspect you were a pain in the ass i
[
There are very few real Universities these days. Most are Centers for Indoctrination and Promotion of Progressive Statism.

I can see how that worked for you.

Yup, if they don't teach you to love "Murica" they are clearly Indoctrinating people.

You really are a moron. I used simple words so you'll know what I'm saying.

[

There never was a "genocide of Native Americans."

Only America haters propound that slander.

Raise your paw.

Well, as someone who is part Cherokee, I beg to differ. Never heard of the "Trail of Tears".

Hey, what happened to the INcas and the Aztecs?

Demographic history of the indigenous peoples of the Americas - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

A fun time was had by all.

Aren't you embarrassed at how, with metronomic regularity, I show that you know less than nothing???

I almost feel sorry for you.

I said almost.

1. The decimation of Indian populations stemmed only rarely from massacres or military actions, but the majority of Indian deaths came from infectious disease. There is the romanticized view that paints the settlers as barbaric, and the Indians as peaceful victims.
It is a myth that finds a home among America haters, who attempt to use slander of the settlers as a proxy for slandering today's Americans

2. Genocide means deliberate and systematic. As described by the UN Convention, Article II, it involves “ a series of brutal acts committed with intent to destroy, …a national, ethnical, racial, or religious group as such.”
No such thing happened.

3. Guenter Lewy (born 1923, Germany) is an author and historian, and a professor emeritus of political science at the University of Massachusetts. In September 2004, Lewy published an essay entitled Were American Indians the Victims of Genocide ?in which he says [Ward] Churchill's assertion that the U.S. Army intentionally spread smallpox among American Indians by distributing infected blankets in 1837 is false. Lewy calls Churchill's claim of 100,000 deaths from the incident "obviously absurd".

4. During the 4 centuries following European entry into North America, Indian population fell. By the beginning of the 20th Century, officials found only 250,000 Indians in the territory of the US, as opposed to 2,476,000 identified as “American Indians or Alaska Natives” in the 2000 census. Scholars estimate pre-Columbian North American population range from 1.2 million (1928 tribe-by-tribe assessment) up to 20 million by activists.

The only way one can claim the disease induced deaths of the natives was a "genocide" is by also attributing the deaths in Europe from the Black Plague as a genocide, as well.

Go ahead.....the plague began in Egypt....so you'll have to claim it was an Arab genocide.

Double dog dare ya.'

Do you need of list of all the wars fought against Indians in the process of taking their lands from them?

Aren't you embarrassed at how, with metronomic regularity, I show that you know less than nothing???

I said almost.

1. The decimation of Indian populations stemmed only rarely from massacres or military actions, but the majority of Indian deaths came from infectious disease. .'

Infectous diseases that the White Man intentionally spread. You know, like giving the Indians SmallPox infected blankets.

"The only good Indian is a Dead Indian" - General Philip Sheridan

Sheridan was also famous for encouraging the slaughter of the Bison so that the Indians wouldn't have a food source.

"....like giving the Indians SmallPox infected blankets."

It never happened, you dope.

I suggest a nice letter to the folks you claim gave you a degree....include these posts, and you'll get every cent back!

1. Whatever the original number, historians agree that infectious disease brought about 75-95% decline after European settlement began. Jared Mason Diamond is an American geographer, evolutionary biologist, physiologist, lecturer, and nonfiction author. Diamond works as a professor of geography and physiology at UCLA. He is best known for the Pulitzer Prize-winning book Guns, Germs, and Steel (1998), which also won the Phi Beta Kappa Award in Science, in which he states “diseases introduced with Europeans spread from tribe to tribe far in advance of the Europeans themselves…[including] smallpox, measles, influenza, and typhus…”

2. Now for your hate America/Europeans myth:

There is the often repeated story of Lord Jeffrey Amherst ordering the distribution of smallpox-infected blankets to the Indians, as an example of ‘germ warfare’ used by Europeans. The story is not documented, except as a ‘possibility.’ See the study of Professor d’Errico:

Historian Francis Parkman, in his book The Conspiracy of Pontiac and the Indian War after the Conquest of Canada [Boston: Little, Brown, 1886] refers to a postscript in an earlier letter from Amherst to Bouquet wondering whether smallpox could not be spread among the Indians:

“Could it not be contrived to send the Small Pox among those disaffected tribes of Indians? We must on this occasion use every stratagem in our power to reduce them”. [Vol. II, p. 39 (6th edition)]

I have not found this letter, but there is a letter from Bouquet to Amherst, dated 23 June 1763, [189k] three weeks before the discussion of blankets to the Indians, stating that Captain Ecuyer at Fort Pitt (to which Bouquet would be heading with reinforcements) has reported smallpox in the Fort. This indicates at least that the writers knew the plan could be carried out.

It is curious that the specific plans to spread smallpox were relegated to postscripts.

"Some people have doubted these stories; other people, believing the stories, nevertheless assert that the infected blankets were not intentionally distributed to the Indians, or that Lord Jeff himself is not to blame for the germ warfare tactic."
Amherst and Smallpox

Did you note that Parkman "never found the letter"?

Feel like a dunce?

You are.

[

Raise your paw.

Well, as someone who is part Cherokee, I beg to differ. Never heard of the "Trail of Tears".

Demographic history of the indigenous peoples of the Americas - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I said almost.

1. The decimation of Indian populations stemmed only rarely from massacres or military actions, but the majority of Indian deaths came from infectious disease. There is the romanticized view that paints the settlers as barbaric, and the Indians as peaceful victims.
It is a myth that finds a home among America haters, who attempt to use slander of the settlers as a proxy for slandering today's Americans

2. Genocide means deliberate and systematic. As described by the UN Convention, Article II, it involves “ a series of brutal acts committed with intent to destroy, …a national, ethnical, racial, or religious group as such.”
No such thing happened.

3. Guenter Lewy (born 1923, Germany) is an author and historian, and a professor emeritus of political science at the University of Massachusetts. In September 2004, Lewy published an essay entitled Were American Indians the Victims of Genocide ?in which he says [Ward] Churchill's assertion that the U.S. Army intentionally spread smallpox among American Indians by distributing infected blankets in 1837 is false. Lewy calls Churchill's claim of 100,000 deaths from the incident "obviously absurd".

4. During the 4 centuries following European entry into North America, Indian population fell. By the beginning of the 20th Century, officials found only 250,000 Indians in the territory of the US, as opposed to 2,476,000 identified as “American Indians or Alaska Natives” in the 2000 census. Scholars estimate pre-Columbian North American population range from 1.2 million (1928 tribe-by-tribe assessment) up to 20 million by activists.

The only way one can claim the disease induced deaths of the natives was a "genocide" is by also attributing the deaths in Europe from the Black Plague as a genocide, as well.

Go ahead.....the plague began in Egypt....so you'll have to claim it was an Arab genocide.

Double dog dare ya.'

Do you need of list of all the wars fought against Indians in the process of taking their lands from them?

And another of the hate America brigade puts his two cents in.

Your post is totally bogus.

Indians didn't have a concept of ownership of land.

Where ever they hunted at the moment was 'their land.'

"One popular history of Manhattan notes that the Canarsie Indians "dwelt on Long Island, merely trading on Manhattan, and their trickery [in selling what they didn't possess to the Dutch] made it necessary for the white man to buy part of the island over again from the tribes living near Washington Heights. Still more crafty were the Raritans of [Staten Island], for the records show that Staten Island was sold by these Indians no less than six times."
The Straight Dope How much would the 24 paid for Manhattan be worth in today s money

[

Raise your paw.

I said almost.

No such thing happened.

Double dog dare ya.'

"One popular history of Manhattan notes that the Canarsie Indians "dwelt on Long Island, merely trading on Manhattan, and their trickery [in selling what they didn't possess to the Dutch] made it necessary for the white man to buy part of the island over again from the tribes living near Washington Heights. Still more crafty were the Raritans of [Staten Island], for the records show that Staten Island was sold by these Indians no less than six times."
The Straight Dope How much would the 24 paid for Manhattan be worth in today s money

We bought the Louisiana Purchase from the French. Whom did they buy it from?

[

Raise your paw.

I said almost.

No such thing happened.

Double dog dare ya.'

We bought the Louisiana Purchase from the French. Who did they buy it from?

I note your abrupt retreat.

Good move.

[

Raise your paw.

I said almost.

No such thing happened.

Double dog dare ya.'

[

Raise your paw.

I said almost.

No such thing happened.

Double dog dare ya.'

So the forced removal of Indians from the lands THEY LIVED ON was morally justifiable because they didn't have some form of property rights that suited the invaders?

lol, beautiful.

I said almost.

No such thing happened.

Double dog dare ya.'

Good move.

You're claiming we bought America from the natives in a legitimate transaction. You're retarded.

[

Raise your paw.

I said almost.

No such thing happened.

Double dog dare ya.'

You can start reading here to begin the process of ridding your mind of the nonsensical notion that Indians didn't have any concepts of land ownership, or property rights:

Property Rights Among Native Americans The Freeman Foundation for Economic Education

I said almost.

No such thing happened.

Double dog dare ya.'

[

Raise your paw.

I said almost.

No such thing happened.

Double dog dare ya.'

So the forced removal of Indians from the lands THEY LIVED ON was morally justifiable because they didn't have some form of property rights that suited the invaders?

lol, beautiful.

No. I won't change the subject.

Nothing left for you but to start lying.

I said almost.

No such thing happened.

Double dog dare ya.'

Good move.

You're claiming we bought America from the natives in a legitimate transaction. You're retarded.

And, as predicted.....you're lying.

Good move.

Ok, so you're conceding that we took the land from the Indians in 'transactions' that were NOT legitimate.

Okay. I win.

Good move.

You know, since you've obviously given up trying to debate me, your best bet might be to just not reply to my posts.

From his facebook page.
And an fyi, the other 2 he killed were gay.

screen-shot-2014-08-04-at-4-31-39-pm.png
Can you post some religious affliations concerning the murderer? I mean, I could blame my rampage on the tuna God telling me to take out fishermen.

[

Let's cut to the chase:

How many religions can you name where the adherents attend religious services and then rush out and kill people?

Only one.....

There's a Mosque a couple miles from where I live. No one has ever rushed out after services and killed anyone that I know of.

It does have to keep a big iron fence around it to keep people from vandalizing it, though.

Good thing you don't live in Oklahoma, huh.

"Police: Woman beheaded at Oklahoma workplace

While questioning the suspect’s co-workers, investigators learned he had recently started trying to convert several employees to Islam,...."

Police Woman beheaded at Oklahoma workplace Alex Jones Infowars There s a war on for your mind

ErroneousJoe....get out there quick and remind him that Islam is a religion of peace!!!!

"Lewis said he does not yet know what charges will be filed, adding that police are waiting until the man is conscious to arrest him."

Well....he better not file ANY charges.....or Obama will be furious.

Rumor has it, the beheader was in line to replace Eric Holder..

Alex Jones? Seriously?

Okay, my guess is, when all is said and done, we are going to find out this guy was mentally ill and got fired from his job at a slaughterhouse.

Oh, guess what, he "converted" to Islam in prison and had just been fired from the job. Yeah, but let's blame Islam, not that he was a violent ex-con who just got fired.

So....just one nutty guy, more crazy than Muslim.....kind of a loner?

OK......

...oh...wait.....

"Suhaib Webb, an Imam with ties to former Al Qaeda mastermind Anwar al-Awlaki, had also previously been the leader of the Islamic Society of Greater Oklahoma City, which had been attended by Alton Nolen -- the man who on Thursday beheaded a former coworker after recently converting to Islam, Breitbart News has learned. Webb now serves as Imam of the sister organization of the mosque attended by Boston Marathon bombers Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev."
Oklahoma Beheader Linked to Al Qaeda Leader Awlaki Boston Bomber s Mosque

Kinda gives new life to the 'common denominator- Islam' title, huh?

[

Yep. A true prog who generalizes the actions of one person he met to be those of everyone who disagrees with him.

I suspect you were a pain in the ass i

I am always a pain in the ass. But I get the job done. When I was there, that branch went from 10 million in annual revenues to 60 million. Then they fucked it up, and a lot of us who took them along got fired.

Now, if they fired the people who made the bad decisions that got them into trouble, I'd have no problem. BUt it never works that way.

[
[
There are very few real Universities these days. Most are Centers for Indoctrination and Promotion of Progressive Statism.

I can see how that worked for you.

Yup, if they don't teach you to love "Murica" they are clearly Indoctrinating people.

You really are a moron. I used simple words so you'll know what I'm saying.

Oh, so you intentionally repeated mindless propaganda from hate radio becuase you didn't think you'd be clear otherwise?

[

Oh, yes....I really did.

Muslims were behaving as they do now before there was a United States.

Proven in post #577

I actually had to go back and find out if that was as retarded as I suspected it would be.

Okay, boiling it down, PC's argument was that the Muslims were bad in the past because the Barbary States raided ships and took White People into slavery. Ohhhhh, nooes.

Okay, in that time period, you cite a figure of 1 million or so Europeans who got snatched.

In that same time period you cited, between the 16th and 19th centuries, Europeans first enslaved the people of the New World, resulting in the death of millions because they just were used to being worked to death like European Peasants were.

They then had the brilliant idea to bring African slaves over. About 11 million were brought over, about 1.5 million died in transit. That's not counting all the slaves who died on raids to capture them.

So wait, again, so the Barbary Pirates capture 1.5 million Europeans, and they are evil.

BUt the Europeans capture and enslave 13 million or so Africans, and they are good because they taught them about Jesus...

Am I getting your logic right here, PC?

Because it seems like you are exaggerating Islamic offenses while downplaying Christian ones.

"Okay, boiling it down..."

You found zero errors in post #577.

In particular, you read that the Q'ran dictated attacking innocents if they were not Muslim.

Case closed?

Are your reading comprehension skills that poor?

Hint- time period you talk about, Christians enslaved and murdered a lot more people than Muslims did.

But you never, ever want to talk about that.

Forum List

Back