The Complicated State Of Black America

National Urban League's State Of Black America 2013 Report Illustrates Mix Of Achievement And Disparity

Education:
The high school completion gap has closed by 57 percentage points.

There are more than triple the number of Blacks enrolled in college.

For every college graduate in 1963, there are now five.

Standard of Living:

The percentage of Blacks living in poverty has declined by 23 points.

The percentage of Black children living in poverty has fallen by 22 points.

The percentage of Blacks who own their home has increased by 14 points.

However, these steps forward stand in stark contrast to the ongoing lack of progress in closing the racial gap in major areas including:

In the past 50 years, the Black-White income gap has only closed by 7 points (now at 60%).
The unemployment rate gap has only closed by 6 points (now at 52%).

As in 1963, the Black/white unemployment ratio is still about 2-to-1--regardless of education, gender, region of the country, or income level.

Discuss.

These numbers are no doubt fudged by black statisticians.

No doubt...but everyone knows black people don't run anything.

And probably for good reason.

And probably for good reason.

White racism and bigotry and fear of level playing field competition.

Blacks are far more racist than whites and there is no way blacks could compete on a level playing field. That's why we have AA and the reason civil tests have to be dumbed down.

The U.S. Department of Justice ordered the Dayton, Ohio, Police Department to lower testing standards on its recruitment exam. Why? Because not enough blacks passed the test the first time around.

Why do you let your racism and bigotry define you?

You'll excuse me if I don't take your word for it. Where are the links to the stats?

Race and ethnicity in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The non-Hispanic White percentage (63% in 2012[5]) tends to decrease every year, and this sub-group is expected to become a plurality of the overall U.S. population after the year 2043. However, White Americans overall (non-Hispanic Whites together with White Hispanics) will remain the majority, at 73.1% (or 303 million out of 420 million) in 2050, from its current, official 80%.[15][16]

About 12.4% of the American people (37.6 million, including about 885,000 Hispanic or Latino) are Black or African American.[6] Also known more simply as Black Americans, the Black or African American group is the largest racial minority, as opposed to Hispanics and Latinos, who are the largest ethnic minority. Historically, any person with any sub-Saharan African ancestry, even if they were mostly white, were designated and classified as "Black", according to the "one drop rule". Today, racial categorization depends on self-ascription.[3] Three major subgroups come under the rubric of Black American.

What is the breakdown of people on Welfare by Race? | ChaCha

hWith regard to AFDC the figures are: White 38.8% Black 39.8 Hispanic 15.7 Asian 2.4 other 3.3

You'll excuse me if I don't buy into stats that are compiled by whites, in order to demonize and demean blacks.

Then remain an ignorant house slave, and keep doing your best to keep other blacks there.

Prove these numbers were put together by whitey to keep the black man down

or

just admit you're a gutless worm.

National Urban League's State Of Black America 2013 Report Illustrates Mix Of Achievement And Disparity

Education:
The high school completion gap has closed by 57 percentage points.

There are more than triple the number of Blacks enrolled in college.

For every college graduate in 1963, there are now five.

Standard of Living:

The percentage of Blacks living in poverty has declined by 23 points.

The percentage of Black children living in poverty has fallen by 22 points.

The percentage of Blacks who own their home has increased by 14 points.

However, these steps forward stand in stark contrast to the ongoing lack of progress in closing the racial gap in major areas including:

In the past 50 years, the Black-White income gap has only closed by 7 points (now at 60%).
The unemployment rate gap has only closed by 6 points (now at 52%).

As in 1963, the Black/white unemployment ratio is still about 2-to-1--regardless of education, gender, region of the country, or income level.

Discuss.

wow

Didn't know you were a self hating black person.

I can't comprehend the depths one must go to hate the color of his own skin.

The elistment rates should drop by a high margin also,why fight for a country who wont even give you a job when you get back and keeps starting these damn wars.If whitey wants to fight let him.Then again if we let him we will probably lose the war now thats a beotch.You are damned if you fight with him and damned if you dont.Blacks cant win.

Thinking it's the country's responsibility to find you work is the intellectual cornerstone of the low information voters.

wow

Duh. How did you come to that conclusion? I don't hate myself, nor my blackness.
Blacks don't have the ability to "fudge data", and "make it stick". Whites, on the otherhand, do have that ability, write the laws and choose whether to enforce them or not.

The elistment rates should drop by a high margin also,why fight for a country who wont even give you a job when you get back and keeps starting these damn wars.If whitey wants to fight let him.Then again if we let him we will probably lose the war now thats a beotch.You are damned if you fight with him and damned if you dont.Blacks cant win.

Thinking it's the country's responsibility to find you work is the intellectual cornerstone of the low information voters.

It's worse than that.

It's thinking it's the country's responsibility to provide the lifestyle that work used to provide without having to work at all that is the cornerstone of Low Information Voters.

Race and ethnicity in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The non-Hispanic White percentage (63% in 2012[5]) tends to decrease every year, and this sub-group is expected to become a plurality of the overall U.S. population after the year 2043. However, White Americans overall (non-Hispanic Whites together with White Hispanics) will remain the majority, at 73.1% (or 303 million out of 420 million) in 2050, from its current, official 80%.[15][16]

About 12.4% of the American people (37.6 million, including about 885,000 Hispanic or Latino) are Black or African American.[6] Also known more simply as Black Americans, the Black or African American group is the largest racial minority, as opposed to Hispanics and Latinos, who are the largest ethnic minority. Historically, any person with any sub-Saharan African ancestry, even if they were mostly white, were designated and classified as "Black", according to the "one drop rule". Today, racial categorization depends on self-ascription.[3] Three major subgroups come under the rubric of Black American.

What is the breakdown of people on Welfare by Race? | ChaCha

hWith regard to AFDC the figures are: White 38.8% Black 39.8 Hispanic 15.7 Asian 2.4 other 3.3

You'll excuse me if I don't buy into stats that are compiled by whites, in order to demonize and demean blacks.

Then remain an ignorant house slave, and keep doing your best to keep other blacks there.

or

Really? I don't get how, me, not believing "the lie" or lies, renders me "an ignorant house slave", and how anything I say, think, do, or believe impacts other blacks. Are you simply pulling rhetoric "out of your ass", because you can't operate in logic?
Prove? I don't have to prove anything. The mere fact that statistics dictate that more whites are on welfare, than any other group, yet, blacks make up the bulk of those on welfare is a contradiction, in and of itself. And that blacks commit more crimes, are more prone to violence, rapes and murders, have more incidences of pregnancies and abortions, are less likely to go to college, or secure a job....."screams" fudged data. Blacks are simply not culpable in every instance, by the laws of probability. The fact that you insist that the stats are accurate and true, suggests you have an agenda, to cover your own shortcomings.

wow

Duh. How did you come to that conclusion? I don't hate myself, nor my blackness.
Blacks don't have the ability to "fudge data", and "make it stick". Whites, on the otherhand, do have that ability, write the laws and choose whether to enforce them or not.

It's crystal clear.

You 'know' black are weak, 'can't' run anything, have no say in their lives.

That's hate, pure as pure can be.

or

Really? I don't get how, me, not believing "the lie" or lies, renders me "an ignorant house slave", and how anything I say, think, do, or believe impacts other blacks. Are you simply pulling rhetoric "out of your ass", because you can't operate in logic?
Prove? I don't have to prove anything. The mere fact that statistics dictate that more whites are on welfare, than any other group, yet, blacks make up the bulk of those on welfare is a contradiction, in and of itself. And that blacks commit more crimes, are more prone to violence, rapes and murders, have more incidences of pregnancies and abortions, are less likely to go to college, or secure a job....."screams" fudged data. Blacks are simply not culpable in every instance, by the laws of probability. The fact that you insist that the stats are accurate and true, suggests you have an agenda, to cover your own shortcomings.

Then find some proof that backs up what you claim.

I took the first links that gave me clear information.

What a coward, until you are prepared to face the truth, there's nothing that can be done.

They actually can't. Not until whites get off of their racism.

We have. Your turn now.

wow

Bullshit! in the US Congress, blacks represent 8% of the membership. When you consider that nearly 10% of all African Americans have been disenfranchised due to felony convictions, blacks are fairly represented.
As far as choosing whether to enforce laws goes, we currently have a black President and a black Attorney General who seem adept at choosing what cases and crimes are prosecuted.

Lost again, little one, but then you're used to that, aren't you?

Last edited:

They actually can't. Not until whites get off of their racism.

We have. Your turn now.

Where is the proof of that? Explain the machinations of this forum. A cesspool of racism.

or

Then find some proof that backs up what you claim.

I took the first links that gave me clear information.

What a coward, until you are prepared to face the truth, there's nothing that can be done.

The truth? From people who think that black people should be grateful they were 'rescued" from The Dark Continent? And that our collective bid for the American Dream is to be mired with negative statistics, to make you white people feel guiltless about the black holocaust??? I don't believe the lies. Or some fudged data. Period. I'm that n-word.

Forum List

Back