The Dangerous Lie That ‘Bush Lied’

Powell's remarks don't exactly sound like a ringing endorsement for the decision to invade Iraq.

Yet does NOT support the far left propaganda being posted..

However does support the OP..

See how the far left will watch the world burn than admit they are wrong!

I'm not very interested in whether or not Bush lied, he's a politician so I assume that he lied every day. His advisers read the intelligence the way they wanted to, and Bush followed their advise; simple as that. I never considered him clever enough to construct a very complicated lie on his own. I'm more concerned about the results of his ill considered decisions, which we will continue to deal with for many years to come. They kicked the ant hill apart and then they wonder why these little fuckers are running around all over the place.
I would be nice if occasionally you would let some facts get in the way of your thinking.
Bush had higher grades in college than Obama did.

That's very interesting. How did you do in school?
I was graduated magna cum laude. Were you a gold star student? Or did you get a trophy just for showing up?
What school did you go to? I ask because it is obvious from your posts that you weren't taught critical thinking.

Study Bush aides made 935 false statements in run-up to war - CNN.com

According to the study, Bush and seven top officials -- including Vice President Dick Cheney, former Secretary of State Colin Powell and then-National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice -- made 935 false statements about Iraq during those two years.

...The study says Bush made 232 false statements about Iraq and former leader Saddam Hussein's possessing weapons of mass destruction, and 28 false statements about Iraq's links to al Qaeda.
Bullshit story that proves nothing.

Search the 935 Iraq War false statements Center for Public Integrity

You can search through the statements yourself. The last one is especially relevant to your interests:

These 24 months have been a time of progress against the enemy. Terrorists have lost their training camps in Afghanistan. They lost the protection of the Taliban. Al Qaeda has lost nearly two-thirds of its known leaders. They've either been captured, or they've been killed. Terror networks have lost access to some $200 million, which we have frozen or seized in more than 1,400 terrorist accounts around the world. The terrorists have lost a sponsor in Iraq. And no terrorist networks will ever gain weapons of mass destruction from Saddam Hussein's regime.

And we acted in Iraq, where the former regime sponsored terror, possessed and used weapons of mass destruction, and for 12 years defied the clear demands of the United Nations Security Council. [text omitted] For the Middle East and the world, there will be no going back to the days of fear, when a brutal and aggressive tyrant possessed terrible weapons.

The threat comes from Iraq. It arises directly from the Iraqi regime's own actions -- its history of aggression, and its drive toward an arsenal of terror. Eleven years ago, as a condition for ending the Persian Gulf War, the Iraqi regime was required to destroy its weapons of mass destruction, to cease all development of such weapons, and to stop all support for terrorist groups. The Iraqi regime has violated all of those obligations. It possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons. It is seeking nuclear weapons. It has given shelter and support to terrorism, and practices terror against its own people. The entire world has witnessed Iraq's eleven-year history of defiance, deception and bad faith.
Tje last quote is correct. Saddam was a 20 year state sponsor of terrorism. One of the first people apprehended when we entered Baghdad was the mastermind of the Achille Lauro hijacking.
Dont you assholes know anything?

Why do discussions about Bush lying us into war end up as Obama derangement threads?
Because the left deflec-drones when shown theyre wrong deflect to Obama.
You still have not answered the question of how Saddam gave aid and protection to al Qaeda. Until you answer that question everything you post is a deflection. I just posted the speech in it's entirety and a short video that captures the quote.
I dont recall ever making that claim. In fact I dont recall anyone outside of you making that claim. Why did you claim that?
Bush made the claim. I have been asking the Bush defenders to answer the question of how Saddam was giving aid and protection to al Qaeda as Bush told us he was doing in his 2003 State of the Union Address. None of you are ever able to answer the question.
You're simply lying. Bush never made that claim. Post the evidence of STFU.

The quote is 14 paragraphs up from the bottom of the page.
thisnation.com/library/sotu/2003gwb.html
Here it is in video
youtube.com/watch?v=jTpZYH2x9-k

Bush made the claim. I have been asking the Bush defenders to answer the question of how Saddam was giving aid and protection to al Qaeda as Bush told us he was doing in his 2003 State of the Union Address. None of you are ever able to answer the question.

And this Congress and the American people must recognize another threat. Evidence from intelligence sources, secret communications and statements by people now in custody reveal that Saddam Hussein aids and protects terrorists, including members of Al Qaida. Secretly, and without fingerprints, he could provide one of his hidden weapons to terrorists, or help them develop their own.

CNN.com - Transcript of State of the Union - Jan. 29 2003

You're fucking wrong again, Rabbi.

According to the study, Bush and seven top officials -- including Vice President Dick Cheney, former Secretary of State Colin Powell and then-National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice -- made 935 false statements about Iraq during those two years.

...The study says Bush made 232 false statements about Iraq and former leader Saddam Hussein's possessing weapons of mass destruction, and 28 false statements about Iraq's links to al Qaeda.

You can search through the statements yourself. The last one is especially relevant to your interests:

These 24 months have been a time of progress against the enemy. Terrorists have lost their training camps in Afghanistan. They lost the protection of the Taliban. Al Qaeda has lost nearly two-thirds of its known leaders. They've either been captured, or they've been killed. Terror networks have lost access to some $200 million, which we have frozen or seized in more than 1,400 terrorist accounts around the world. The terrorists have lost a sponsor in Iraq. And no terrorist networks will ever gain weapons of mass destruction from Saddam Hussein's regime.

And we acted in Iraq, where the former regime sponsored terror, possessed and used weapons of mass destruction, and for 12 years defied the clear demands of the United Nations Security Council. [text omitted] For the Middle East and the world, there will be no going back to the days of fear, when a brutal and aggressive tyrant possessed terrible weapons.

The threat comes from Iraq. It arises directly from the Iraqi regime's own actions -- its history of aggression, and its drive toward an arsenal of terror. Eleven years ago, as a condition for ending the Persian Gulf War, the Iraqi regime was required to destroy its weapons of mass destruction, to cease all development of such weapons, and to stop all support for terrorist groups. The Iraqi regime has violated all of those obligations. It possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons. It is seeking nuclear weapons. It has given shelter and support to terrorism, and practices terror against its own people. The entire world has witnessed Iraq's eleven-year history of defiance, deception and bad faith.
Tje last quote is correct. Saddam was a 20 year state sponsor of terrorism. One of the first people apprehended when we entered Baghdad was the mastermind of the Achille Lauro hijacking.

You were in Baghdad! I underestimated you. You are not only an esteemed scholar but a hero as well. You're like a modern renaissance man, I wish I could be more like you.

Because the left deflec-drones when shown theyre wrong deflect to Obama.
You still have not answered the question of how Saddam gave aid and protection to al Qaeda. Until you answer that question everything you post is a deflection. I just posted the speech in it's entirety and a short video that captures the quote.
I dont recall ever making that claim. In fact I dont recall anyone outside of you making that claim. Why did you claim that?

Here it is in video
Please quote the exact text where he says Saddam gave aid to al Qaeda.

And this Congress and the American people must recognize another threat. Evidence from intelligence sources, secret communications and statements by people now in custody reveal that Saddam Hussein aids and protects terrorists, including members of Al Qaida. Secretly, and without fingerprints, he could provide one of his hidden weapons to terrorists, or help them develop their own.

You're a fucking idiot.
He's relying on the report by the Czech secret service. A report they stand by to this day.
There are no lies here, except by those on the Left.

You were in Baghdad! I underestimated you. You are not only an esteemed scholar but a hero as well. You're like a modern renaissance man, I wish I could be more like you.
I iwsh you would go kill yourself. Seriously.

Here it is in video
Please quote the exact text where he says Saddam gave aid to al Qaeda.
I gave you a text of the speech and told you it was 14 paragraphs up from the bottom of the page. I also provided a video of the President making the quote. It is a three minute video. This is the third time today I have posted the links on two different threads. It has been posted and the quote posted by others as well.

Here, watch this.

You're a fucking idiot.
He's relying on the report by the Czech secret service. A report they stand by to this day.

According to an article in the Washington Post more recently, the Czechs backed away from the claim: "After months of further investigation, Czech officials determined last year that they could no longer confirm that a meeting took place, telling the Bush administration that al-Ani might have met with someone other than Atta." This perception seems confirmed by an associate of al-Ani's who suggested to a reporter that the Czech informant had mistaken another man for Atta. The associate said "I have sat with the two of them at least twice. The double is an Iraqi who has met with the consul. If someone saw a photo of Atta he might easily mistake the two."

In 2014 Jiří Růžek, the former head of Czech intelligence agency BIS, published his memoirs. Here he claims that the USA tried to push Czech prime minister Miloš Zeman to announce that 9/11 attack was planned with the help of Iraq in Prague. All blame for the false cause of conflict would then fall on Czech authorities

Mohamed Atta s alleged Prague connection - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I iwsh you would go kill yourself. Seriously.

I'm so stupid some times. I should have realized that you don't like to talk about it because truly great men tend to be modest about their accomplishments.

presidunce.jpg

Yet does NOT support the far left propaganda being posted..

However does support the OP..

See how the far left will watch the world burn than admit they are wrong!

I'm not very interested in whether or not Bush lied, he's a politician so I assume that he lied every day. His advisers read the intelligence the way they wanted to, and Bush followed their advise; simple as that. I never considered him clever enough to construct a very complicated lie on his own. I'm more concerned about the results of his ill considered decisions, which we will continue to deal with for many years to come. They kicked the ant hill apart and then they wonder why these little fuckers are running around all over the place.
I would be nice if occasionally you would let some facts get in the way of your thinking.
Bush had higher grades in college than Obama did.

That's very interesting. How did you do in school?
I was graduated magna cum laude. Were you a gold star student? Or did you get a trophy just for showing up?
What school did you go to? I ask because it is obvious from your posts that you weren't taught critical thinking.
whistle.gif

You're a fucking idiot.

According to an article in the Washington Post more recently, the Czechs backed away from the claim: "After months of further investigation, Czech officials determined last year that they could no longer confirm that a meeting took place, telling the Bush administration that al-Ani might have met with someone other than Atta." This perception seems confirmed by an associate of al-Ani's who suggested to a reporter that the Czech informant had mistaken another man for Atta. The associate said "I have sat with the two of them at least twice. The double is an Iraqi who has met with the consul. If someone saw a photo of Atta he might easily mistake the two."

In 2014 Jiří Růžek, the former head of Czech intelligence agency BIS, published his memoirs. Here he claims that the USA tried to push Czech prime minister Miloš Zeman to announce that 9/11 attack was planned with the help of Iraq in Prague. All blame for the false cause of conflict would then fall on Czech authorities

Wow, Wikipedia. Last refuge of morons.
You're dismissed.

All presidents lie...as do nearly all politicians. Of course it hurts the country, but it continues unabated because the American people accept it.

A good example of this is a known serial liar like Mrs. Clinton, is a front runner for 2016?
All presidents lie...as do nearly all politicians.
aint that the truth.....

Nearly?
Yes...all Americans should assume ALL politicians are f-ing liars, until proven otherwise. Sadly most Americans are easily duped by lying, deceitful, and corrupt pols over and over again....one would think they would learn, but no.

Last edited:

You're a fucking idiot.

You're dismissed.
How would meeting with a member of al Qaeda add up to aiding and protecting? Rabbi complains the Wikipedia link can not be relied on or counted as a good viable source, but even if that is true the question remains, what does a meeting in Prague have to do with aiding and protecting? How would evidence of a possible meeting to communicate what can only be speculated about equal some sort of aid or protection? It is just as reasonable to speculate that some Iraqi agent was communicating a message that al Qaeda operatives and members needed to stay away from Iraqi interest of face the wrath of Iraq. It could just as reasonably be a meeting to convey a negative warning from Iraq to al Qaeda. That kind of speculation is far more logical than anything else.
My question has been a very simple one. What did Bush mean when he claimed al Qaeda received aid and protection from Iraq? Where is the evidence that shows that ever happened? The only answer so far has been speculative guesses that a meeting may have occurred and not even viable speculation about what the meeting might have been about.
Proof that President Bush has been presented. Not a single poster has been able to refute the proof. Bush claimed there was collusion, a working relationship between Saddam and al Qaeda and there was not.

You're a fucking idiot.

You're dismissed.
How would meeting with a member of al Qaeda add up to aiding and protecting? Rabbi complains the Wikipedia link can not be relied on or counted as a good viable source, but even if that is true the question remains, what does a meeting in Prague have to do with aiding and protecting? How would evidence of a possible meeting to communicate what can only be speculated about equal some sort of aid or protection? It is just as reasonable to speculate that some Iraqi agent was communicating a message that al Qaeda operatives and members needed to stay away from Iraqi interest of face the wrath of Iraq. It could just as reasonably be a meeting to convey a negative warning from Iraq to al Qaeda. That kind of speculation is far more logical than anything else.
My question has been a very simple one. What did Bush mean when he claimed al Qaeda received aid and protection from Iraq? Where is the evidence that shows that ever happened? The only answer so far has been speculative guesses that a meeting may have occurred and not even viable speculation about what the meeting might have been about.
Proof that President Bush has been presented. Not a single poster has been able to refute the proof. Bush claimed there was collusion, a working relationship between Saddam and al Qaeda and there was not.

Yes we know that the far left drones believe that history of Iraq started in 2003 and led to 9/11

Camp, there is no honest dialogue to be had with the rabbit. You prove him wrong, he just ignores it and continues posting his same fantasies. Good luck. Try for his ignore list. Lots of older posters have already made it. Just keep bashing the rabbit over the head. Eventually he gets tired of you doing that and poof, like a rabbit pulled from a hat, you are on "ignore". Have fun.

Forum List

Back