The death of Thanksgiving?

Will you shop on Thanksgiviong Day

• Total voters
You should have used those hours to study English, you dope.

Wow you're life must be fucking pathetic if you have nothing better to do than police other people's grammar mistakes.

Wow you must be fucking pathetic if you can't communicate any better than a dimwitted three year-old.

What drives a pathetic person such as yourself ?

Do you really need to feel so superior to people that you actually spend your time looking for grammatical errors on an anonymous message board?

It would be funny if it wasn't so fucking sad.

In my experience those that need to criticize and nit pick the actions of others are to be pitied because their lives are so utterly devoid of satisfaction that the only pleasure they get is the false sense of superiority that denigrating others gives them.

So just to make you feel better I will endeavor to make a few mistakes here and there. I liken it to throwing a dollar into a homeless man's cup.

You're welcome.

Do you really need to feel so superior to people that you actually spend your time looking for grammatical errors on an anonymous message board?

Are you really so lacking in self respect that you don't mind presenting yourself as an illiterate buffoon?

The poll tells the story....43-3 for spending T-Day with the family and waiting for Black Friday to bust out the Visa card....well done.

oksUN.gif

I noticed that too (now 44-3 or 94 percent) - which either means a whole lot of those 94 percenters are here for no other purpose than to argue things they don't believe in, or that the 94% is a truly silent majority.

Speaking of having no point but to argue, as for UnkaPunk............. :dig:

:trolls:

Last edited:

Are you really so lacking in self respect that you don't mind presenting yourself as an illiterate buffoon?

So one grammatical mistake makes one illiterate?

Tell me what is it that you need to prove to the world so badly that criticizing a nameless faceless anonymous person on a message board is so important to you?

There has to be some pathology there.

You should get into counseling to discover the root of your problems and fix them.

But until then here's another msitake for you to jump on. I hope your upcoming rant about my spelling will make you feel better about yourself for a minute or two.

You're welcome.

The poll tells the story....43-3 for spending T-Day with the family and waiting for Black Friday to bust out the Visa card....well done.

oksUN.gif

I'd rather have a vasectomy without anesthetic than shop Black Friday.

I think my wife may have to worth Thanksgiving...I know she's working Christmas.

oksUN.gif

I noticed that too (now 44-3 or 94 percent) - which either means a whole lot of those 94 percenters are here for no other purpose than to argue things they don't believe in, or that the 94% is a truly silent majority.

Or many people (including me) did not vote because we either have already done holiday shopping or do so online. (Note: I probably WILL "shop" on Thanksgiving...as in, I will place an order with Amazon to send to my nephew.)

oksUN.gif

Or many people (including me) did not vote because we either have already done holiday shopping or do so online. (Note: I probably WILL "shop" on Thanksgiving...as in, I will place an order with Amazon to send to my nephew.)

Ah, that doesn't really count. Shopping online is sitting at the computer which is what we're doing here. Clearly the poll meant going out to shop. So go ahead and vote on that basis.

So one grammatical mistake makes one illiterate?

Your attitude on this thread and others reveals that you are an ignorant fool with no interest in bettering himself.

Not all places pay "holiday pay". I highly suspect that those department stores that hired all that seasonal help won't be paying "holiday pay" for their temporary workers.

But those seasonal workers sure line up to get those jobs, don't they? I simply can't fault them for that because they need the money or they wouldn't apply for the jobs. And I can't see how my enjoyment of Thanksgiving is in any way compromised because they choose to work or others agree to work on Thanksgiving any more than it is compromised because some people play football on Thanksgiving and/or go to the games instead of having a family Thanksgiving at home.

A spirit of liberty allows people to choose how they will live their life. I just can't bring myself to believe everybody has to do everything the same way in order to be acceptable. And if I am the last person on Earth celebrating Thanksgiving in what is considered the traditional way, will I enjoy that any less?

Though they may be lining up to get those jobs these days, that wasn't the case in the past, and people had very tough financial times in the past too--I know that from personal experience. But people valued the tradition of Thanksgiving then and didn't choose to work, though it meant more money. For example, holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter may be the only days in the year I'd see my grandmother, who always spent the day with us. Or for her, it would be a major day because she would get to see all her grandkids together, and spend the whole day with them. A few extra dollars were less important than things like that then; and we were a poor family. My parents did not want to work; they would only work on those days if required.

I'm not saying people shouldn't have the choice, but that it's too damn bad people just don't care anymore. I think some people feel like they are forced to spend the days, a holiday like Christmas or Thanksgiving, with people they don't like, usually meaning extended family. Other than Christmas Eve, when we did spend a few hours with extended family, we spent the holidays with just nuclear family, and my grandmother. Mom, Dad and the kids. Not a whole tribe. Maybe it's trying to force the whole tribe to be together that is the problem, or maybe it's because families are so disjointed now, with so much divorce, step parents, step kids, etc.

My mom worked for the Post Office when I was growing up, and this is in the 60's and 70's. The bulk mail facility at the Airport. I remember Christmases when she worked on Christmas 'eve (my birthday) and Christmas. It wasn't easy for us as a family. I would really, really hate to cause more children to remember their mom's not being there for Christmas day or Thanksgiving day. I don't think anyone here really experienced that. It's a big thing when you're the only kid in the neighborhood who's mom worked on Thanksgiving and/or Christmas. We had to get up one Christmas at 4:30am to open our presents before mom went to work. Then we cooked the dinner so that we could have dinner when she got home. Today there are so many single parent homes that these kids would be left alone on Christmas and/or Thanksgiving and I can't imagine anything sadder.

But those seasonal workers sure line up to get those jobs, don't they? I simply can't fault them for that because they need the money or they wouldn't apply for the jobs. And I can't see how my enjoyment of Thanksgiving is in any way compromised because they choose to work or others agree to work on Thanksgiving any more than it is compromised because some people play football on Thanksgiving and/or go to the games instead of having a family Thanksgiving at home.

A spirit of liberty allows people to choose how they will live their life. I just can't bring myself to believe everybody has to do everything the same way in order to be acceptable. And if I am the last person on Earth celebrating Thanksgiving in what is considered the traditional way, will I enjoy that any less?

Though they may be lining up to get those jobs these days, that wasn't the case in the past, and people had very tough financial times in the past too--I know that from personal experience. But people valued the tradition of Thanksgiving then and didn't choose to work, though it meant more money. For example, holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter may be the only days in the year I'd see my grandmother, who always spent the day with us. Or for her, it would be a major day because she would get to see all her grandkids together, and spend the whole day with them. A few extra dollars were less important than things like that then; and we were a poor family. My parents did not want to work; they would only work on those days if required.

I'm not saying people shouldn't have the choice, but that it's too damn bad people just don't care anymore. I think some people feel like they are forced to spend the days, a holiday like Christmas or Thanksgiving, with people they don't like, usually meaning extended family. Other than Christmas Eve, when we did spend a few hours with extended family, we spent the holidays with just nuclear family, and my grandmother. Mom, Dad and the kids. Not a whole tribe. Maybe it's trying to force the whole tribe to be together that is the problem, or maybe it's because families are so disjointed now, with so much divorce, step parents, step kids, etc.

My mom worked for the Post Office when I was growing up, and this is in the 60's and 70's. The bulk mail facility at the Airport. I remember Christmases when she worked on Christmas 'eve (my birthday) and Christmas. It wasn't easy for us as a family. I would really, really hate to cause more children to remember their mom's not being there for Christmas day or Thanksgiving day. I don't think anyone here really experienced that. It's a big thing when you're the only kid in the neighborhood who's mom worked on Thanksgiving and/or Christmas. We had to get up one Christmas at 4:30am to open our presents before mom went to work. Then we cooked the dinner so that we could have dinner when she got home. Today there are so many single parent homes that these kids would be left alone on Christmas and/or Thanksgiving and I can't imagine anything sadder.
Mom having to work on Christmas is not that uncommon today and it will be more common in the future as more businesses push employees harder and harder. My daughter and her husband work every day including Christmas and Thanksgiving either at the office or at home.

You should have used those hours to study English, you dope.

Wow you're life must be fucking pathetic if you have nothing better to do than police other people's grammar mistakes.

He/she is the most miserable little turd here.....never offers anything but snide remarks and nasty gutless PMs.

The purpose of the snide remarks is to get you to participate in some kind of flame war where endless bandwidth is taken up by little tit for tats that gain he/she the attention it craves. You are just the latest in a long list as follows:

Moonglow, Buford, Oohpoopahdoo, Skydancer, GHook93, Dante, Jake Starkey, Huggy, Catzmeow, Big Fitz, Bobgnote, Blimpo, 52ndStreet, Rightwinger, Hatinring, There4eyem, Jack131, SW2Silver, Bloodline, Lilollady, Saigon, Joe B, A BikerSailor, JPTR, Joe B, Shoot Speeders, Mister Beale, William Joyce, Varelse, 4horsemen. Lonestar Logic, Friends, Matthew, Bleipriester, mememe, Dugdale Jukes

That's how many, aside from myself and now you as the newest name on the list, have been suckered by this attention whore. The best thing is to ignore it and don't take the bait.

My mom worked for the Post Office when I was growing up, and this is in the 60's and 70's. The bulk mail facility at the Airport. I remember Christmases when she worked on Christmas 'eve (my birthday) and Christmas. It wasn't easy for us as a family. I would really, really hate to cause more children to remember their mom's not being there for Christmas day or Thanksgiving day. I don't think anyone here really experienced that.

Why do you think so?

My mom worked for the Post Office when I was growing up, and this is in the 60's and 70's. The bulk mail facility at the Airport. I remember Christmases when she worked on Christmas 'eve (my birthday) and Christmas. It wasn't easy for us as a family. I would really, really hate to cause more children to remember their mom's not being there for Christmas day or Thanksgiving day. I don't think anyone here really experienced that.

Why do you think so?

Maybe because when I was a kid, my mom was the only one in the neighborhood that worked. All the other kids had stay at home moms.

He/she is the most miserable little turd here.....never offers anything but snide remarks and nasty gutless PMs.

The purpose of the snide remarks is to get you to participate in some kind of flame war where endless bandwidth is taken up by little tit for tats that gain he/she the attention it craves. You are just the latest in a long list as follows:

Moonglow, Buford, Oohpoopahdoo, Skydancer, GHook93, Dante, Jake Starkey, Huggy, Catzmeow, Big Fitz, Bobgnote, Blimpo, 52ndStreet, Rightwinger, Hatinring, There4eyem, Jack131, SW2Silver, Bloodline, Lilollady, Saigon, Joe B, A BikerSailor, JPTR, Joe B, Shoot Speeders, Mister Beale, William Joyce, Varelse, 4horsemen. Lonestar Logic, Friends, Matthew, Bleipriester, mememe, Dugdale Jukes

That's how many, aside from myself and now you as the newest name on the list, have been suckered by this attention whore. The best thing is to ignore it and don't take the bait.

= You don't have the character to handle it when you are called out for saying stupid things.

Why do you think so?

Maybe because when I was a kid, my mom was the only one in the neighborhood that worked. All the other kids had stay at home moms.

And you think your experience represents the entire world and no one else has ever had a similar experience because no one else in your neighborhood did?

Not a very logical conclusion.

Why do you think so?

so now we have it....and your reason for why you think no one should work on thanksgiving.

you are putting your shit, drama, angst and psyco childhood issues onto others......and what you think pleasnatville should be like

You wanted your mommy to stay home with you...... so you think that everyone should stay home with their family on thanksgiving and christmas.

Forum List

Back