The debt limit!

Democrats don’t negotiate with terrorists
They just release 4 of them for an Army deserter who cost the lives of 5 Americans trying to find him after he deserted..........or release the Merchant of Death for a Dyke WNBA druggie.

Nope. No negotiation there...............just bending over and grabbing your ankles.

Then it sounds like a good idea for the democrats to negotiate, right? Why is it that larger numbers is only a problem when Republicans have them? It's okay for the democrats to run a mini-dictatorship with everyone bowing to the queen bee who rules with an iron fist, but boy, don't let the other guys have any power. It's okay for them to force the minority party to negotiate to get anything they want, but not for Republicans to do it?
3 times we raised the debt under Trump, traitor, 2 times when you slime held the House and Senate Why blackmail America now??

Does even one of our republican traitors know that ONE QUARTER of our debt was accumulated in Dumps 4 years????

Biden is on the same track as Trump when it comes to spending, and much of the spending under Trump took place because of a worldwide pandemic that killed hundreds of thousands of Americans. When Dementia got in he had two Trump vaccines at his disposal and a third one only weeks away. The economy was on the uptick and he decided to pay people to stay home for over half of that first year in office.

Apples and oranges.

If we did that then the 87,000 new IRS agents Dementia wants to hire wouldn't be nearly enough. I understand the point but the reason we have social safety nets in the first place is for the large percentage of our country not responsible enough to do the right thing.

IMO there is only one way to bring this spending under control, and that is to get everybody involved in it. When they passed the 1.7 trillion dollar pork bill, did anybody care? Outside of us who follow politics nobody did because it didn't affect their lives. It's just another day.

If that passage of the bill increased our consumption tax from five cents on the dollar to eight cents on the dollar, it would be a cold day in hell before the Democrats would ever take leadership again.
A constitution amendment would be the only way to bring debt under control. As long as a legislature elected by the people makes decisions as to whether to spend money that in some way benefits the people or at least appear to, that legislature will do so simple because they want to be reelected. People will vote for what they believe benefits them. Thus democrats will spend and republicans will cut taxes giving voters what want. This is one of the problems with democratic forms of government. It seems to me that net increases in spending should be based on GDP growth.

Biden is on the same track as Trump when it comes to spending, and much of the spending under Trump took place because of a worldwide pandemic that killed hundreds of thousands of Americans. When Dementia got in he had two Trump vaccines at his disposal and a third one only weeks away. The economy was on the uptick and he decided to pay people to stay home for over half of that first year in office.

Apples and oranges.
Biden extended corvid relief for families to the end of 2021. Covid was going strong in 2021 surpassing the death toll in 2020. Death tolls began falling in the later part of 2021 and continue to fall in 2022. It seems Dec 31st 2021 was the right time to stop covid relief for families. The covid unemployment supplement ended in Sept 2021. Most of funding available in 2022 went to medical care providers.

Biden extended corvid relief for families to the end of 2021. Covid was going strong in 2021 surpassing the death toll in 2020. Death tolls began falling in the later part of 2021 and continue to fall in 2022. It seems Dec 31st 2021 was the right time to stop covid relief for families. The covid unemployment supplement ended in Sept 2021. Most of funding available in 2022 went to medical care providers.

But people who got it already were immune, the shots started going out in late December of 2020, the economy was on the uptick with employers looking for people to work that they couldn't find because they were on the unemployment gravy train. So there was no need to spend the money. It was all vote buying.

A constitution amendment would be the only way to bring debt under control. As long as a legislature elected by the people makes decisions as to whether to spend money that in some way benefits the people or at least appear to, that legislature will do so simple because they want to be reelected. People will vote for what they believe benefits them. Thus democrats will spend and republicans will cut taxes giving voters what want. This is one of the problems with democratic forms of government. It seems to me that net increases in spending should be based on GDP growth.

You will never see any constitutional amendment ever. Yes people elect representatives to spend money, tax and create law, but when they spend the money like drunken sailers, not many people care. It keeps bringing us closer to collapse that people not even born yet will have to deal with.

So instead of heading in that direction, put it to a stop. All deficit spending must be paid for via a consumption tax. If the current rate of consumption tax is more than deficit spending, then it goes towards paying off the debt. The increases in consumption tax start the day the President signs the spending bill.

They just release 4 of them for an Army deserter who cost the lives of 5 Americans trying to find him after he deserted..........or release the Merchant of Death for a Dyke WNBA druggie.

Nope. No negotiation there...............just bending over and grabbing your ankles.
Republican Terrorists are trying to shut down our economy

Democratic PATRIOTS wont let them

Why the hell didn't the democrats abolish this stupid limit? This is just red meat for the extreme right that doesn't give a damn if we become a third world country to bitch about how they hate America and our success.

Why the hell didn't the democrats abolish this stupid limit? This is just red meat for the extreme right that doesn't give a damn if we become a third world country to bitch about how they hate America and our success.
You want to blame the DEMOCRATS?

Why didn’t they stop us?

And the Democrats that won't come to the table to discuss spending cuts don't hate America?

As evidenced by the fat slob giving his rich Mara Lugo buddies Billions.

Communist bullshit. Most Americans got a tax cut including me. Under Trump I got to keep a portion of my money. Under this dementia patient it's already cost me thousands in inflated prices particularly at the gas station and grocery store, not to mention the thousands I lost in my IRA account.

If Trump was here I'd have that money in my pocket and more.

Forum List

Back