The Democrats war on babies.

:clap2:

I have often wondered, why we have fetology, if life is not viable or human while in the womb
I fail to see how the study of the fetus means anything to the subject, other than of course using science to help define things. It's actually BECAUSE of fetology that I hold the belief I do and support the beliefs I do. Without the science to back my opinion up it's likely I would be pro-life instead of pro-choice.

Science backs your opinion in what way? Do share
Well... I think it would be more accurate for me to say that I use science to form my opinion.

Science can also back my opinion that the fetus has it's own identity, making it a separate entity from that of the Mother, because his/her identity is based on his/her genetic code, (from the moment of conception), not that of the body of the Mother in which he/she resides.

So when she says that it is her body, that is just scientifically wrong.
That's true. However... Say there is a 30 year old that is brain dead in a hospital. The cognitive part of the brain does not, and will never work. Does the body have the right to life? I don't think so. There is no person there. It's just a body. But it's alive. It has life. It will continue to age and grow should you feed and water it. It has a heart beat, it has a nervous system... It'll even react to stimuli assuming the brain stem is still functioning. But there is no person there... Why should care if it lives? Why should I waste resources on it?

Edit: In case I have to explain the connection... How is a fetus any different than a person that is brain dead who's body is alive?

Last edited:
I fail to see how the study of the fetus means anything to the subject, other than of course using science to help define things. It's actually BECAUSE of fetology that I hold the belief I do and support the beliefs I do. Without the science to back my opinion up it's likely I would be pro-life instead of pro-choice.

Well... I think it would be more accurate for me to say that I use science to form my opinion.

Science can also back my opinion that the fetus has it's own identity, making it a separate entity from that of the Mother, because his/her identity is based on his/her genetic code, (from the moment of conception), not that of the body of the Mother in which he/she resides.

That's true. However... Say there is a 30 year old that is brain dead in a hospital. The cognitive part of the brain does not, and will never work. Does the body have the right to life? I don't think so. There is no person there. It's just a body. But it's alive. It has life. It will continue to age and grow should you feed and water it. It has a heart beat, it has a nervous system... It'll even react to stimuli assuming the brain stem is still functioning. But there is no person there... Why should care if it lives? Why should I waste resources on it?

What does a 30 year old, that is brain dead, have to do with abortion? At least the 30 year old had a chance at life

strawman

Edit: In case I have to explain the connection... How is a fetus any different than a person that is brain dead who's body is alive?

I wish I could rep you again for this.

This is my opinion, exactly :)

Save a child.

There are over 150, 000 kids needing adoption waiting in foster care right now.

How about we just stop killing them? Seems like a better way to SAVE A CHILD

Good plan. Who cares what happens after theyre born anyway. Its not like they sit there in foster homes, year after year, hoping to be adopted, until they turn 18 and get a pat on the back and the boot. It's not like 1/3 of them are homeless within 4 years, a quarter of them convicted of a crime, almost all of them living in poverty.

All that really matters is what happens the 9 months before theyre born.

To your edit. The difference is that the unborn child takes an active role in his own development, controlling the course of the pregnancy and the time of birth.

What does a 30 year old, that is brain dead, have to do with abortion? At least the 30 year old had a chance at life

strawman
Edit came too slow obviously. But if you couldn't make the connection naturally it's likely you aren't logical enough to have this conversation with me. It'll be a waste of your time if you can't address this logically with me.

The edit:

To your edit. The difference is that the unborn child takes an active role in his own development, controlling the course of the pregnancy and the time of birth.
No... the body takes an active role in it's own development. Not the unborn child. You seem to think of it as a person, when there is no person there. Just like a brain dead adult.

strawman
Edit came too slow obviously. But if you couldn't make the connection naturally it's likely you aren't logical enough to have this conversation with me. It'll be a waste of your time if you can't address this logically with me.

The edit:

I think you are too busy being all arrogant and nefarious to even notice I posted a few times. May I add I am being logical

Save a child.

There are over 150, 000 kids needing adoption waiting in foster care right now.

Good plan. Who cares what happens after theyre born anyway. Its not like they sit there in foster homes, year after year, hoping to be adopted, until they turn 18 and get a pat on the back and the boot. It's not like 1/3 of them are homeless within 4 years, a quarter of them convicted of a crime, almost all of them living in poverty.

I was raised in foster care and group homes. I'm quite happy I wasn't killed instead

strawman

The edit:

I think you are too busy being all arrogant and nefarious to even notice I posted a few times.
Opinions vary.

May I add I am being logical
I just don't want to waste your time or mine. For me there is no difference between a fetus before Rapid Brain Development stage and a brain dead adult.

Please note... that Rapid Brain Development happens while still in the mothers womb. So while I am pro-choice, it is only until such time as there is a inkling of a person being there. Not just a body.

Edit: To change that opinion that I have one would have to logically explain why the body of a human (fetus) is more important than the person who is carrying it (mother). If a person(mother) is carrying another person(Fetus in process of or completed Rapid brain development), then hey... No abortion... I don't support that at all unless lives are in danger, and then it's not an abortion it's a emergency medical procedure to save lives. Then we have the ability to try to save both. And we should in my opinion.

Last edited:
Here's some science for ya.

"The study finds that adolescent girls who have an abortion are five times more likely to seek help for psychological and emotional problems than those who keep their baby."

"When women feel forced into abortion by others or by life circumstances, negative post-abortion outcomes become more common," she wrote. "Adolescents are generally much less prepared to assume the responsibility of parenthood and are logically the recipients of pressure to abort."

"The scientific evidence is now strong and compelling," Coleman said. "Abortion poses more risks to women than giving birth."

Abortions Cause Psychological Damage More Than Unwanted Pregnancies - Endowment for Medical Research - FREE Education - Glycomics - Brain Function - Trehalose

Interesting, perhaps, but legally and Constitutionally irrelevant. Citizens do many things in the context of their civil liberties that may involve risk, but the possibility of risk in no way justifies the state preempting one’s civil liberties.

I was raised in foster care and group homes. I'm quite happy I wasn't killed instead

You also were convicted of a crime, and went to a correctional facility, as you've reminded us a few times. So aren't you kind of making Amy's point?

Last edited:
If y'all want to save some baybees, here's a way.

Find a pregnant woman considering an abortion, and pay her to give birth. Don't call her a whore. Offer cash instead.

You can't put a price on human life right? Oh wait, if it's your money, you can. And do. Never mind. I guess the poor wee baybees just aren't worth you giving up your petty conveniences.

(Don't worry pro-lifers. It's not like anyone ever believed you anyways.)

Find a pregnant woman considering an abortion, and pay her to give birth. Don't call her a whore. Offer cash instead.

You can't put a price on human life right? Oh wait, if it's your money, you can. And do. Never mind. I guess the poor wee baybees just aren't worth you giving up your petty conveniences.

No one ever wants to talk about ways to prevent abortion that don't include shame, abstinance, or outlawing abortion, none of which have ever proved useful on their own.

Awwww I am sorry your mommy did that to you but I still fail to see what the Baby did that was so wrong that it has to be executed?

No one ever wants to talk about ways to prevent abortion that don't include shame, abstinance, or outlawing abortion, none of which have ever proved useful on their own.

You want to act like a adult take responsibility like a adult ..Killing something so you don't get fat isn't responsibility is is being a spoiled child.

Pro-life conservatives only pretend to care about babies. Once the babies are born, they don't give a shit about them. The thing they care about is installing their values on others under the guise of caring about the unborn.

If they were serious about the welfare of babies, you'd see them supporting programs that care for the unwanted and babies who need assistance. You'd see them adopting as many babies as they can...ya know because they care about their well being. But they don't do any of that. Why? Because it's all an act.

And you post this based on pure ignorance :eusa_hand: And propaganda

Nope, just the facts.

Forum List

Back