The Derek Chauvin Trial Thread

I didn't see one, so forgive me if there's already one, two or three in existence.

If not, let this be the official thread to discuss the biggest trial of the century.

No bruising, no reticial hemorrhaging....no suffocation by the police officer. His air supply was not cut off....

2X the lethal dose of fentanyl....
[/QUOTE
PETECHIAL !! Can I kneel on your neck for about 10 minutes while you're handcuffed.... Please!!!!

The pathologists who analyzed Mr. Floyd found fentanyl mixed with other mind-altering substances produced a most convincing likelihood that Mr. Floyd, sadly, was already dying when apprehended by police, and his uncooperative with police led them to thinking he intended to kill someone, including themselves, and the steps they took coincided with saving lives the perpetrator was aiming to take, in accordance with their training. Cops are required to stop threats to other human beings' lives. The rules apply equally to everyone, including the prodigy of slaves who were set free from their oppression 160 years ago. Mr. Floyd broke all the rules that day including a suicidal amount of highly dangerous drug cocktails. The foot on the throat possibly postponed death by fifteen minutes if it slowed the flow of toxins in his bloodstream to the brain. It is truly sad that Mr. Floyd guaranteed his death by the mixed up drugs he used his final day on this earth.
Why isn't the defense arguing that Chauvin followed his training?

Do you understand anything about actual Trials? The prosecution starts first, they bring out their witnesses, then rest their case...then the Defense brings out their witnesses...that is when the actual manual and trainers will come out and state Chauvin followed his training...

faulty training
The hold he used was taught to him in his training.
I don't know about what police training involves so I can't comment on the actual hold that Chauvin was doing. The faulty training was the overall situation. I'm sure those officers have to take classes on how to deal with different situations, and I believe they even have to take some psychology classes as well. They need to be able to read the situation, and respond appropriately.

Floyd said many times that he had anxiety and claustrophobia, and the lady at the start of the video told one of the officers that floyd "had something going on up there". Sure, thats a bit vague, but, again, it all has to be considered.

Now, I know its going to be hard to keep everything straight, especially when so much is going on, and all happening so fast, but, when they heard "clausterphobia", "anxiety", and "i can't breathe", that should have sparked something in someone that "hey, maybe we should just let this guy stand up, as long as he's still"

The best coverage of the trial is here...

Now, I know its going to be hard to keep everything straight, especially when so much is going on, and all happening so fast, but, when they heard "clausterphobia", "anxiety", and "i can't breathe", that should have sparked something in someone that "hey, maybe we should just let this guy stand up, as long as he's still"

Also.....he wasn't being still he was resisting.......and it isn't the cops job to take the suspects words as honest when they are trying to arrest them....

There job was to put him in the squad car........he resisted that....that's on him...
I disagree. An officers job is to serve and protect, and that even means the people in your custody.

No, the officers are not bound to take the person words as honest, but they are duty bound to listen and make the best judgment based on what they see and hear. As an officer, you have to be keenly aware of what is going on. You can't just arrest someone and treat them any way you want. You have to be careful and make sure your detainee is not in harms way.

Again, if you read what I wrote, and watched the video, you'd see that Floyd was not resisting, he was panicking. He was fearful of being restrained and then put into the car. He was in fight or flight mode, and that is a reaction to his fear. The officers should have seen that, from the very beginning, Floyd was distraught, even crying. Floyd was worried, and he repeatedly made his concerns known

I think the officers should have been able to see that and react differently.

From watching the trial, I find out that the police actually called the police, on the police.

That doesn't bode well for Chauvin. Yet another nail in his coffin.

Why do we even need a trial? Can't we just take him out and lynch him?.
We can't lynch blacks anymore Ms Queen, they'll riot, so we'll just have to let mark go! And for Gods sakes, please forgive me for assuming your gender!

I didn't see one, so forgive me if there's already one, two or three in existence.

If not, let this be the official thread to discuss the biggest trial of the century.

No bruising, no reticial hemorrhaging....no suffocation by the police officer. His air supply was not cut off....

[/QUOTE
PETECHIAL !! Can I kneel on your neck for about 10 minutes while you're handcuffed.... Please!!!!

Sure.........go ahead........I won't die because I didn't take a chemical cocktail, then down pills on top of that to hide them from police.

faulty training
I don't know about what police training involves so I can't comment on the actual hold that Chauvin was doing. The faulty training was the overall situation. I'm sure those officers have to take classes on how to deal with different situations, and I believe they even have to take some psychology classes as well. They need to be able to read the situation, and respond appropriately.

Floyd said many times that he had anxiety and claustrophobia, and the lady at the start of the video told one of the officers that floyd "had something going on up there". Sure, thats a bit vague, but, again, it all has to be considered.

Also.....he wasn't being still he was resisting.......and it isn't the cops job to take the suspects words as honest when they are trying to arrest them....

There job was to put him in the squad car........he resisted that....that's on him...
I disagree. An officers job is to serve and protect, and that even means the people in your custody.

No, the officers are not bound to take the person words as honest, but they are duty bound to listen and make the best judgment based on what they see and hear. As an officer, you have to be keenly aware of what is going on. You can't just arrest someone and treat them any way you want. You have to be careful and make sure your detainee is not in harms way.

Again, if you read what I wrote, and watched the video, you'd see that Floyd was not resisting, he was panicking. He was fearful of being restrained and then put into the car. He was in fight or flight mode, and that is a reaction to his fear. The officers should have seen that, from the very beginning, Floyd was distraught, even crying. Floyd was worried, and he repeatedly made his concerns known

You haven't had enough of spewing stupid in this thread yet? Thank God you are nobody.

faulty training

Panicking is resisting.......he refused to stay in the car and they restrained him....according to MPD training.

Just what do you think the cops do if you "panic" once you realize that you are actually going to be arrested and you start to resist?

Do you understand anything about police work?

Note the same people that swore that the "ground and pound" claim in the George Zimmerman trial was legit, although there was no evidence, just the word of a friend of the murderer, but here we have video evidence of the murder, and watch them switch up on the "blood choke" claim, not willing to take that as legit, even though we all saw it w/our own eyes.

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

From watching the trial, I find out that the police actually called the police, on the police.

That doesn't bode well for Chauvin. Yet another nail in his coffin.

Why do we even need a trial? Can't we just take him out and lynch him?.
We can't lynch blacks anymore Ms Queen, they'll riot, so we'll just have to let mark go! And for Gods sakes, please forgive me for assuming your gender!

That's Mr. Queen to you mister. And I like Marky Mark. We've both been on this board for years. He's my comic relief. :thup:

The pathologists who analyzed Mr. Floyd found fentanyl mixed with other mind-altering substances produced a most convincing likelihood that Mr. Floyd, sadly, was already dying when apprehended by police, and his uncooperative with police led them to thinking he intended to kill someone, including themselves, and the steps they took coincided with saving lives the perpetrator was aiming to take, in accordance with their training. Cops are required to stop threats to other human beings' lives. The rules apply equally to everyone, including the prodigy of slaves who were set free from their oppression 160 years ago. Mr. Floyd broke all the rules that day including a suicidal amount of highly dangerous drug cocktails. The foot on the throat possibly postponed death by fifteen minutes if it slowed the flow of toxins in his bloodstream to the brain. It is truly sad that Mr. Floyd guaranteed his death by the mixed up drugs he used his final day on this earth.
Why isn't the defense arguing that Chauvin followed his training?
The trial has not ended to the best of my knowledge.

I am not aware of Joe Biden lynching anyone, but the Dim Party invented lynching and the Klan. :D. Maybe your team can get this cop lynched.
You are not aware of many things my very slow, and dimwitted fellow-poster, no surprise there.

First you say:

his actions showed a gross and severe lack of judgment and faulty training

Then you say:

I don't know about what police training involves so I can't comment on the actual hold that Chauvin was doing

Please, just stop.
I don't have to know the specifics of police maneuvers and policy to know that what I saw on video, if he was following his training, is faulty training.

I know those officers have to take classes on more than just how to use a gun and how to take down someone. Officers generally have to take classes periodically throughout their career and I believe some of them are psychology classes.

I don't disagree that Chauvin was taught the knee on the neck maneuver in training, but when they failed to consider his pleading, his repeated claims, and for 5 minutes they knelt on his limp body, either they ignored their training, or the training was faulty to not teach them to be more aware of the situation.

Note the same people that swore that the "ground and pound" claim in the George Zimmerman trial was legit, although there was no evidence, just the word of a friend of the murderer, but here we have video evidence of the murder, and watch them switch up on the "blood choke" claim, not willing to take that as legit, even though we all saw it w/our own eyes.

Are you this stupid in real life, or just when you post.....?

The witness who saw martin attacking Zimmerman wasn't zimmerman's friend......

"Blood" Choke? Do you even know what that is? And as the Andrew Branca pointed out, you have to cut off blood flow to both carotid arteries, not just one, you dumb ass.......

I don't have to know the specifics of police maneuvers and policy to know that what I saw on video, if he was following his training, is faulty training.

I know those officers have to take classes on more than just how to use a gun and how to take down someone. Officers generally have to take classes periodically throughout their career and I believe some of them are psychology classes.

I don't disagree that Chauvin was taught the knee on the neck maneuver in training, but when they failed to consider his pleading, his repeated claims, and for 5 minutes they knelt on his limp body, either they ignored their training, or the training was faulty to not teach them to be more aware of the situation.
The part that will be the most damning, is the reaction of the on-lookers.

They were all screaming, begging them to let up on him, clearly saw the man dying.

How can civilians understand what was happening more than trained professionals?!?? This is inexcusable....aka willful.

Not to mention, their fellow police, who saw it necessary to report their actions to their superiors.

It was wrong.

And Chauvin will pay for it.

Here....from Andrew Blanca over at Legal Insurrection explaining the "Blood" Choke...you twit...

Of particular note, Williams affirmatively characterized Chauvin’s neck restraint as constituting a so-called “blood choke.” In fact, it could not possibly have been anything of the sort.

A carotid choke hold, which involves cutting off the blood supply to the brain, requires pressure to both of the neck’s carotid arteries.

Applying pressure to only one side of the neck, as Chauvin’s knee was doing, cannot block both arteries, and Floyd’s neck was not so positioned on the street that the ground would provide the necessary force to the opposite side of Floyd’s neck. Further, a “blood choke” results in the loss of consciousness within seconds and does not require nearly 10 minutes to achieve that physiological state.

In addition, Williams spent much time describing how small movements on the part of Chauvin were intentional “shimmies” intended to “tighten” the “blood choke” that Chauvin was demonstrably not applying. The notion that Chauvin’s body might have been moving slightly in order to maintain the neck restraint of the continually squirming and very large Floyd appears not to have occurred to Williams.

The court only got partially through Williams’ testimony today, and he’ll be back on the stand tomorrow. I expect the state has more direct for him, after which we’ll get to see what Nelson makes of this purported security and martial arts expert.

The part that will be the most damning, is the reaction of the on-lookers.

They were all screaming, begging them to let up on him, clearly saw the man dying.

How can civilians understand what was happening more than trained professionals. This is inexcusable....aka willful.

Not to mention, their fellow police, who saw it necessary to report their actions to their superiors.

It was wrong.

And Chauvin will pay for it.

Moron, they didn't understand what was happening.....the ambulance was on the way......and because of the crowd, the ambulance crew refused to try to treat floyd at the scene and drove several blocks away to try to help him...because of the crowd, you doofus.

Which one of you palookas will volunteer to have me kneel on your neck for just 3 minutes?

Think you'll survive?

Moron, they didn't understand what was happening.....the ambulance was on the way......and because of the crowd, the ambulance crew refused to try to treat floyd at the scene and drove several blocks away to try to help him...because of the crowd, you doofus.
Yeah, their fellow police, who reported on them didn't understand what was happening.

Good luck w/that.

First you say:

his actions showed a gross and severe lack of judgment and faulty training

Then you say:

I don't know about what police training involves so I can't comment on the actual hold that Chauvin was doing

Please, just stop.

[/QUOTE

Sure.........go ahead........I won't die because I didn't take a chemical cocktail, then down pills on top of that to hide them from police.
I was being a little facetious. Mr FLoyd was quite capable of speaking if he said he couldn't breathe. And I'm reasonably sure a veteran Minneapolis Police officer has heard violent dangerous drug abusers being taken into custody say they can't breathe. Maybe letting him regain his ability to resist was not a risk the officers were willing to take. They had contact with him before in the past as I understand

Forum List

Back