The electric car you feel is creating no emissions...

First of all, an electric motor is a MORE efficient one than an internal combustion engine.

Also, many places use electricity generated by hydro-electric plants.

Also, unless you have a means of comparing the pollution from a coal powered electric plant to the pollution from the number of internal combustion engines equal to the number of electric engine powered, you have no claim.

In other words, if a coal plant can provide power for 5,000 electric cars while putting out X amount of pollution, how many individual combustion engines can you run without creating more than X amount of pollution.

Electric cars are the future.

only if you can recharge them for free-------------and you will never be able to do that.

If you drive a Tesla, you can do exactly that.

The conversation got de-railed by a low IQ...

Clearly if the Electric Cars weren't dangerous to a Monopoly, they wouldn't have been impounded and the blue prints would not have went missing.

Very..........basic...........stuff..
electric cars feel out of favor in the mid 19th century due to limitations of batteries. Since batteries have evolved, the tesla basically uses lap top batteries they are coming back around.

First of all, an electric motor is a MORE efficient one than an internal combustion engine.

Also, many places use electricity generated by hydro-electric plants.

Also, unless you have a means of comparing the pollution from a coal powered electric plant to the pollution from the number of internal combustion engines equal to the number of electric engine powered, you have no claim.

In other words, if a coal plant can provide power for 5,000 electric cars while putting out X amount of pollution, how many individual combustion engines can you run without creating more than X amount of pollution.

Electric cars are the future.

only if you can recharge them for free-------------and you will never be able to do that.

My co-worker has a Leaf that he is allowed to charge at work...special charging stations set up for it. He also gets a free charge at Nissan dealerships if he needs it. One even stayed open late for him.

Didn't you also mean the 20th Century?
nope, 19th century. There were several manufacturers of electric cars. They were mostly taxis in metropolitan areas. They actually held the land speed record for most of the 19th century. And part of the twentieth.

Did not know that. Cool, thanks.
The electric car has an interesting history. It was developed from a locomotive which today are still electric.

I am a bit of a gear head.

My co-worker has a Leaf that he is allowed to charge at work...special charging stations set up for it. He also gets a free charge at Nissan dealerships if he needs it. One even stayed open late for him.

That's great if you want to go to a Nissan dealership and wait for 3 hours.

Electric cars:

Wait to go to work
Wait to go home
Wait to go the grocery store.

Yeah, great cars.

Electric cars:

Wait to go to work
Wait to go home

Yeah, great cars.
You will never pay for gasolinethough. Some folks may think it's worth it.

Electric cars:

Wait to go to work
Wait to go home

Yeah, great cars.

Fine. Let them pay the full cost of the vehicle.

Speak for yourself. I live in California, we get almost none of our power from coal.

You get it from Magic Fairies like Howey in Hollywood?... :rofl:

Electricity is a PAINFULLY Inefficient Source for Power for moving something that weighs as much as a car. :thup:

So if it's Nuclear that is the source for your plug or whatever it is, it's still a REALLY Stoo-pit use of Power.

And for the Record... Cali's Energy Sources for Electricity:

Natural Gas 46.5%
Nuclear 14.9%
Large Hydro 9.6%
Coal 15.5%
Renewables 13.5%

Again... Plug in Cars are Stoo-pit.

:)

peace...

I'm sure if you were alive in the late 19th Century you would call those stupid who believed the horseless carriage would replace the horse and heavier than air crafts would never fly.

I suppose you have no imagination, and post simply to garner attention. Feeding into the bias and ignorance of the putative beliefs of others seems to be your special forte.

nope, 19th century. There were several manufacturers of electric cars. They were mostly taxis in metropolitan areas. They actually held the land speed record for most of the 19th century. And part of the twentieth.

The electric car has an interesting history. It was developed from a locomotive which today are still electric.

Locomotives are diesel/electric. A diesel engine drives a generator which creates electircity, the electricity turns a motor which puts power to the wheels. Many ships are also diesel electric. It makes for a lighter quieter ship with no long propeller shaft.

But they are not "electric" vehicles. They run on diesel fuel, made from OIL.

some streetcars are pure electric using overhead wires to get the electricity to their motors. But something still has to be burned to create the electricity.

Last edited:

Electric cars:

Wait to go to work
Wait to go home

Yeah, great cars.

what creates the electricity to recharge them? Oh, I know, it just comes out of the outlet in your garage :cuckoo:

Locomotives are diesel/electric. A diesel engine drives a generator which creates electircity, the electricity turns a motor which puts power to the wheels. Many ships are also diesel electric. It makes for a lighter quieter ship with no long propeller shaft.

But they are not "electric" vehicles. They run on diesel fuel, made from OIL.

some streetcars are pure electric using overhead wires to get the electricity to their motors. But something still has to be burned to create the electricity.

If you're moving the vehicle with an electric engine, then it's electric. Regardless how you generate the electricity.

Electric cars:

Wait to go to work
Wait to go home

Yeah, great cars.

The entire idea of EVs is, and always has been, to substitute for the local commuting that makes up about 80% of our total driving; the six miles to work, the three miles to the grocery, the seven miles to school. It doesn't even need a halfway charge for that. Keep an ICE (or rent one when you need it) for those trips over 50 miles. Just by doing that you cut out 80% of the personal vehicle gasoline usage.

Or, sit in the corner and hold your breath 'til you turn blue, or until some inventor figures out how to run cars on butthurt and whine.

The conversation got de-railed by a low IQ...

Clearly if the Electric Cars weren't dangerous to a Monopoly, they wouldn't have been impounded and the blue prints would not have went missing.

Very..........basic...........stuff..
electric cars feel out of favor in the mid 19th century due to limitations of batteries. Since batteries have evolved, the tesla basically uses lap top batteries they are coming back around.

Clearly you don't know what we are talking about.. Unless "fell out of favor" means Big Oil controlling the market.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back