The fallacy of black unwed births

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here, but if you go into the data, there are 5 racial listings used: Non-hispanic white, Non-hispanic black, American Indian or Alaskan Native, Asian or Pacific Islanders, and Hispanic. The CDC report lists the percentages of babies born within each race to unmarried mothers. In order, those percentages are 29.2, 70.4, 65.8, 16.4, and 52.9.

So yes, fewer babies are born to unwed black mothers than unwed white mothers. However, the odds of a black mother being unwed when giving birth are far greater than the odds of a white mother being unwed when giving birth. The odds of an Asian or Pacific Islander mother being unwed when giving birth are the lowest.

Age is also a big indicator, as the younger a new mother is, the greater the chance she will be unwed.

I'm not sure just what you think you are proving with these statistics. :dunno:

Here's the link directly to the CDC report, rather than just the article: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr65/nvsr65_03.pdf

Montrovant, I have access to that. I know those numbers.I went into the data. I'm proving that the number of black unwed births is actually small when compared to ALL BIRTHS. We ain't talking about no freaking odds because the odds are greater that black married women are not having children compared to white women. What you see here is the same type of bullshit whites try pulling with black on black crime. The truth of this matter montrovant is you believe only half the story at best. If you cannot look at all the facts don't come thinking you can show me a link to 1/4th of the facts like that's supposed tp mean something.

Has anyone claimed that the number of black babies born to unwed mothers is a majority of all births?

The numbers indicate that black women have babies out of wedlock at a higher rate than other races. The numbers also indicate that young women have babies out of wedlock at a higher rate than older women. Whites and hispanics both had higher total numbers of births out of wedlock. Blacks had a higher rate of births out of wedlock. These are all true statements based on the CDC data. And?

What is the point you are making? Are you just wanting to point out that black babies born to unwed mothers are a bit less than 10% of total births? OK.....that's an odd reason to make a thread, though.

I don't "believe only half the story at best." I haven't even heard just what you consider the story to be.

By the way, blacks had a higher rate of Cesarean births than any other race. Should I make a thread about that? :p

CDC: 40%+ of U.S. Babies Born to Unmarried Women for 8th Straight Year

Of the 3,977,745 babies born in the United States of America in 2015, 1,600,208 of them—or 40.2 percent--were born to unmarried mothers, according to data released this month by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

"CDC: 40%+ of U.S. Babies Born to Unmarried Women for 8th Straight Year"

In 2015 there were just over 415,000 babies born to unwed black moms. There were 3,977,745 babies born over all. So the percentage of unwed black babies born as a percentage of all babies was approximately 10,4 percent. Blacks had just over 500,000 babies total. Whites had over 1.9 million total and over 600,000 babies born to unwed moms or about 16 percent of all unwed births as a percentage of all births.

Table I–4. Births to unmarried women, by race and Hispanic origin of mother: United States, each state and territory, 2015, National Vital Statistics Reports, Volume 66, Number 1 ... - CDC

The reality of this information shows that whites actually had more unwed children than blacks had children. In 2015 blacks had just over 500,000 children total. Whites had over 620,000 unwed births. Now I'm sure the mathematical "geniuses" around here will try talking their usual trash, but the facts are as they are. The unwed birth percentage of blacks as opposed to the total number of births was just over 10 percent. By both number and percentage whites had more unwed births. Now you can argue the usual dumb white supremacist argument based only on the number of total black babies born and back babies born out of wedlock, but that paints a false picture and that's the picture whites gave been painting for 400 years.

These are very disturbing figures. Your date- 415,000 unwed births out of 500,000 total births from blacks. That means that nearly 80% of black births are to unwed mothers. We need to address this as a society.

But most white mothers have jobs or family support so they don't depend on Tyrone Dequan knocking off dudes in da hood! :laugh:

The psychosis just doesn't stop.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here, but if you go into the data, there are 5 racial listings used: Non-hispanic white, Non-hispanic black, American Indian or Alaskan Native, Asian or Pacific Islanders, and Hispanic. The CDC report lists the percentages of babies born within each race to unmarried mothers. In order, those percentages are 29.2, 70.4, 65.8, 16.4, and 52.9.

So yes, fewer babies are born to unwed black mothers than unwed white mothers. However, the odds of a black mother being unwed when giving birth are far greater than the odds of a white mother being unwed when giving birth. The odds of an Asian or Pacific Islander mother being unwed when giving birth are the lowest.

Age is also a big indicator, as the younger a new mother is, the greater the chance she will be unwed.

I'm not sure just what you think you are proving with these statistics. :dunno:

Here's the link directly to the CDC report, rather than just the article: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr65/nvsr65_03.pdf

Montrovant, I have access to that. I know those numbers.I went into the data. I'm proving that the number of black unwed births is actually small when compared to ALL BIRTHS. We ain't talking about no freaking odds because the odds are greater that black married women are not having children compared to white women. What you see here is the same type of bullshit whites try pulling with black on black crime. The truth of this matter montrovant is you believe only half the story at best. If you cannot look at all the facts don't come thinking you can show me a link to 1/4th of the facts like that's supposed tp mean something.

Has anyone claimed that the number of black babies born to unwed mothers is a majority of all births?

The numbers indicate that black women have babies out of wedlock at a higher rate than other races. The numbers also indicate that young women have babies out of wedlock at a higher rate than older women. Whites and hispanics both had higher total numbers of births out of wedlock. Blacks had a higher rate of births out of wedlock. These are all true statements based on the CDC data. And?

What is the point you are making? Are you just wanting to point out that black babies born to unwed mothers are a bit less than 10% of total births? OK.....that's an odd reason to make a thread, though.

I don't "believe only half the story at best." I haven't even heard just what you consider the story to be.

By the way, blacks had a higher rate of Cesarean births than any other race. Should I make a thread about that? :p

The numbers do not indicate what you say. OK? .That's my point. I have a real good reason for making this thread and you as the so called "colorblind" white don't seem to understand why. It is to shut up those who are racists and want to parade this bullshit 70 percent all the time using it as a moral judgment of blacks. OK? So you stay confused as to why I did this, but understand that when we talk about these things it's time whites looked at total numbers, There were more white children born out of wedlock than total backs who were born. You can excuse that by talking about rates and probability all you want, but that doesn't change the total number.

Of the 3,977,745 babies born in the United States of America in 2015, 1,600,208 of them—or 40.2 percent--were born to unmarried mothers, according to data released this month by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

In 2015 there were just over 415,000 babies born to unwed black moms. There were 3,977,745 babies born over all. So the percentage of unwed black babies born as a percentage of all babies was approximately 10,4 percent. Blacks had just over 500,000 babies total. Whites had over 1.9 million total and over 600,000 babies born to unwed moms or about 16 percent of all unwed births as a percentage of all births.

Table I–4. Births to unmarried women, by race and Hispanic origin of mother: United States, each state and territory, 2015, National Vital Statistics Reports, Volume 66, Number 1 ... - CDC

The reality of this information shows that whites actually had more unwed children than blacks had children. In 2015 blacks had just over 500,000 children total. Whites had over 620,000 unwed births. Now I'm sure the mathematical "geniuses" around here will try talking their usual trash, but the facts are as they are. The unwed birth percentage of blacks as opposed to the total number of births was just over 10 percent. By both number and percentage whites had more unwed births. Now you can argue the usual dumb white supremacist argument based only on the number of total black babies born and back babies born out of wedlock, but that paints a false picture and that's the picture whites gave been painting for 400 years.

These are very disturbing figures. Your date- 415,000 unwed births out of 500,000 total births from blacks. That means that nearly 80% of black births are to unwed mothers. We need to address this as a society.

LOL! There were more than 500,000 blacks. And what you needs to address is the more than 621,000 whites born out of wedlock, which means whites had more out of wedlock births than backs had total births.

Exact 2015 numbers from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr65/nvsr65_03.pdf underlined.

In 2015 there were just over 415,000 (415,029-non-Hispanic black) babies born to unwed black moms........ Blacks had just over 500,000 (589,605-non-Hispanic black) babies total.

70% of black births were to unwed mothers.

Whites had over 1.9 million (2,129,657-non-Hispanic white) total and over 600,000 (621,498-non-Hispanic white) babies born to unwed moms

29% of white births were to unwed mothers.

We can see that 5.13 times the total number of white births, compared to total black births, resulted in 1.5 times the number of out of wedlock white births, compared to out of wedlock black births.

That's why, while total white unwed births are 50% higher, the black unwed birth rate is about 2.4 times the white rate.

Yawn. Your excuses just don't have merit.

Exact 2015 numbers from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr65/nvsr65_03.pdf underlined.

In 2015 there were just over 415,000 (415,029-non-Hispanic black) babies born to unwed black moms........ Blacks had just over 500,000 (589,605-non-Hispanic black) babies total.

Whites had over 1.9 million (2,129,657-non-Hispanic white) total and over 600,000 (621,498-non-Hispanic white) babies born to unwed moms

We can see that 5.13 times the total number of white births, compared to total black births, resulted in 1.5 times the number of out of wedlock white births, compared to out of wedlock black births.

That's why, while total white unwed births are 50% higher, the black unwed birth rate is about 2.4 times the white rate.

What excuses? Where?

What I'm getting out of this is that fewer black women are having children. But those that do, 7 0% of them have children out of wedlock. What that portends is that as the number of black women having babies continues to decrease, those having babies out of wedlock are going to keep the unwed birth rate high. So even if it gets down to 100 black births per year with 90% to unwed mothers,.white pundits are going to see that as a crisis and ignore the decrease in the black fertility rate.

What excuses? Where?

Everywhere. The only rate that counts is the total.

What excuses? Where?

Total isn't a rate, moron.

The genetic disorders in the Black population include:
low levels of vitamin D due to skin pigmentation
low levels of subcutaneous fat an adaptation to tropical hyperthermia
And while this list can be extended why are blacks reared by whites smarter than whites reared by whites?

What excuses? Where?

But it does mean something. I just wonder what you white folks are going to do about all those unwed mothers in your community. You've got all the advantages and all the resources and you still have over 600,000 unwed mothers.

What I'm getting out of this is that fewer black women are having children. But those that do, 7 0% of them have children out of wedlock. What that portends is that as the number of black women having babies continues to decrease, those having babies out of wedlock are going to keep the unwed birth rate high. So even if it gets down to 100 black births per year with 90% to unwed mothers,.white pundits are going to see that as a crisis and ignore the decrease in the black fertility rate.

What excuses? Where?

The only rate that counts is the total.

Moron.

1430468619637.jpg

I don't know where you went to school but wherever it was they didn't teach you much math. There is one and only one way to determine the percentage of unwed Black births. You create a fraction with the number of unwed Black births on the top and the total number of Black births on the bottom. Then you divide the top number by the bottom. You do the same thing for White mothers, dividing the number of illegitimate White births by the total number of White births. Then you can compare the percentage of illegitimate Black births to the percentage of illegitimate White births.

I don't know how old you are but you must be very young because there are countless studies and many millions of references to the number of unmarried births by race and they all show the same thing: About 70 percent of Black children are born to unwed mothers compared to about 30% for White mothers. You notion that the illegitimacy rate for Black mother is only about 10 is laughable. Here is one of millions of links:

“More than three quarters of African American births are to unmarried women, nearly double the illegitimacy rate of all other births, according to new federal data.

“The National Center for Health Statistics said that in 2015, 77.3 percent of non-immigrant black births were illegitimate. The national non-immigrant average is 42 percent, and it was 30 percent for whites.

“More than three quarters of African American births are to unmarried women, nearly double the illegitimacy rate of all other births, according to new federal data.

“The National Center for Health Statistics said that in 2015, 77.3 percent of non-immigrant black births were illegitimate. The national non-immigrant average is 42 percent, and it was 30 percent for whites."

77% black births to single moms, 49% for Hispanic immigrants

CONCLUSION: Every study, including those done by various government agencies and elements in the private sector prove the same thing: the percentage of illegitimate Black children is much higher than the percentage of illegitimate White children. I wouldn't be surprised if White mothers had a greater number (not percentage) of illegitimate births because there are a lot more White mothers (around six times as many).

PS: Using the figures you provided (415,000 Black babies born to unwed mothers and only a little over 500,000 total Black births), the percentage of illegitimate Black births would be 83 percent.

Last edited:
I don't know how old you are but you must be very young because there are countless studies and many millions of references to the number of unmarried births by race and they all show the same thing: About 70 percent of Black children are born to unwed mothers compared to about 30% for White mothers. You notion that the illegitimacy rate for Black mother is only about 10 is laughable. Here is one of millions of links:

Your reading comprehension is very flawed even for a fake professor. IM2 wrote that the unwed Black rate is only 10% of all unwed births in the USA. See how eager you were to rush to judgment and make a fool of yourself while doing so?

PS: Using the figures you provided (425,000 Black babies born to unwed mothers and only a little over 500,000 total Black births), the percentage of illegitimate Black births would be 83 percent.

Again, you are an incompetent oaf trying to look smart and fucking up all the while.
The figures you posted aren't the figures IM2 provided. He used RED bold highlighted letters and you still got it wrong. The numbers Im2 used was 415,000 babies born to unwed black mothers out of 500,000. and the percentage would be
83 %. Your mistake was probably a typo but it makes you look foolish. BTW if you use the 425,000 figure the percentage would be 85%.

Your reading comprehension is very flawed even for a fake professor. IM2 wrote that the unwed Black rate is only 10% of all unwed births in the USA. See how eager you were to rush to judgment and make a fool of yourself while doing so?

PS: Using the figures you provided (425,000 Black babies born to unwed mothers and only a little over 500,000 total Black births), the percentage of illegitimate Black births would be 83 percent.

Again, you are an incompetent oaf trying to look smart and fucking up all the while.
The figures you posted aren't the figures IM2 provided. He used RED bold highlighted letters and you still got it wrong. The numbers Im2 used was 415,000 babies born to unwed black mothers out of 500,000. and the percentage would be
83 %. Your mistake was probably a typo but it makes you look foolish. BTW if you use the 425,000 figure the percentage would be 85%.

You're as ignorant as he is. He was using a wrong method to compare illegitimacy rates and I showed him (and you) the right way. He was comparing the number of illegitimate Black births to the total number of all births for all races and and that doesn't prove anything. He divided 415,000 by 3,977,745 and came up with 10.4 percent.. Than he did the same thing for unwed White births and cam up with 15 percent. This is supposed to prove that Whites have a bigger problem than Blacks and it does not. The reason why White women have a greater greater percentage of illegitimate births – COMPARED TO THE ENTIRE NUMBER OF BIRTHS FOR ALL RACES - is that there are a hell of a lot more White mothers than Black mothers. Now, my unenlightened, uneducated antagonist, tell me which race has the greater problem with illegitimate births. The answer: Blacks. The “statistics” provided by your friend are meaningless and produce misleading information. The statistics I provided are real and relevant.

Hypothetically, if there were 500,000 Black births and the were ALL illegitimate, and there were five times as many White births with 600,000 being illegitimate, which race you conclude had the greater problem. The OP seems to think White women do and he is wrong.

Now, I showed you both the right way to do it and and I am done with both of you and this thread.

You have the last word. I'm outta here.

You strictly made this thread (and ones like it) to bait people so you could call them names. It's what you do.

No, I made this thread to show that the belief about unwed births are fallacy. You called me the name. Secondly there are 1,000 white racist troll threads or more in this section. The ones I have seen does not contain nary a comment from you calling anyone a baiter.

I don't know where you went to school but wherever it was they didn't teach you much math. There is one and only one way to determine the percentage of unwed Black births. You create a fraction with the number of unwed Black births on the top and the total number of Black births on the bottom. Then you divide the top number by the bottom. You do the same thing for White mothers, dividing the number of illegitimate White births by the total number of White births. Then you can compare the percentage of illegitimate Black births to the percentage of illegitimate White births.

“The National Center for Health Statistics said that in 2015, 77.3 percent of non-immigrant black births were illegitimate. The national non-immigrant average is 42 percent, and it was 30 percent for whites.

“The National Center for Health Statistics said that in 2015, 77.3 percent of non-immigrant black births were illegitimate. The national non-immigrant average is 42 percent, and it was 30 percent for whites."

77% black births to single moms, 49% for Hispanic immigrants

CONCLUSION: Every study, including those done by various government agencies and elements in the private sector prove the same thing: the percentage of illegitimate Black children is much higher than the percentage of illegitimate White children. I wouldn't be surprised if White mothers had a greater number (not percentage) of illegitimate births because there are a lot more White mothers (around six times as many).

PS: Using the figures you provided (415,000 Black babies born to unwed mothers and only a little over 500,000 total Black births), the percentage of illegitimate Black births would be 83 percent.

Blacks had approximately 593,000 babies total. I am 57 and have read one sided stats from white agencies all my life.

Actually you cmpare the unwed births to the total number of births. That how they go the 40 percent out of wedlock birth rate. You know putting 1,600,208 over 3,977,745 and then dividing. So you take the 415,000 and put that over the 1,600,208 and you end up with 26 percent of all unwed children were back. Now if you only go by black births total compared to unwed births only by backs you get your total, But when we look at unwed births as a societal or cultural problem then we must look at the entire picture not just one race make the claim. So then we look at the total number of blacks born out of wedlock 415,000 and we put that over the 3,977,745 to come to the conclusion that 10.4 prcent of all races born were back out of wedlock babies.

So unless you went to the Kollege of the KI KLUX KLAN, the numbers shown represent the total number of black babies born out of wedlock as a percentage of total births in America in 2015. 10.4 percent. md in the usual white r axis fashion, you want to deny that having more out of wedlock births than blacks had total births doesn't represent a problem only the manufactured story of backs having a 70 percent unwed rate is much more of a problem.

So if you are t he professor, I'm the dean. So is JQPublic.

Oh I see mr chicken ran away.

Forum List

Back