The Flint Water Crisis: An insight into Republicanism.

Why would they? They're republicans. They don't actually give a shit when another republican fucks up.

Faint GOP interest in Flint’s pain is a mistake, party members say
How is that a Republican party issue? Just because you feces mongers try to twist it that way doesn't make it a fact. The truth is it's being dealt with and any guilty people will pay the price, regardless of party affiliation.
Naw, shit rolls downhill. Snyder's hatchet man made the decision to change Flint's water sources without ordering a risk assessment or creating one. Snyder should have insisted on one being done BEFORE messing with people's drinking water. That is a stone that keeps Snyder's shit from rolling downhill.
I've had too much experience with government to assume any efficiency or forethought. The point is liberals are trying to broadbrush the GOP and scare people because spending less of our money is the unpardonable sin.

Yeah I read it but the point is the EPA sat on this, there is plenty of blame to toss around and democrats have to accept their share of it

This seems simple enough for any elected official to get under control right away?
Water testers need to provide Quality reports (hourly, daily, monthly etc.) step 1. was this done?

Results need approval. Who approved the water quality? Who monitors the monitors (EPA, state)? step 2

if they knowingly sent out bad water, they must do time. no pensions. EPA seems useless, close it. Time to send a message. We out of money. do your job or do your time. Enough parties and pensions.

Therefore they deserved lead water. We got it...

No, therefore they BOUGHT (cheaper) lead water. Is that the GOP's fault? Why are Democrats never held accountable for their actions? Are they children who have to rely on adults to clean up their messes?

Therefore they deserved lead water. We got it...
Deserved is an inappropriate word. If you get on a bus and refuse to pay the fare you will be put off the bus. Do you deserve being stranded where you don't want to be? Isn't travel a human right?

The blame goes to the judge that ruled that the city could not shut off the water for non payment. That caused the majority to stop paying leaving only a small number of people supporting water distribution for the entire city. You know this isn't going to end well. Deserved might be wrong. Expected is better.

Yes yes yes, we heard all the stories, to sum it up; they got poisoned like rats, because they couldn't afford clean water.

Welcome to the jungle...
Welcome to the real world. If you don't pay, you don't get. Pay the electric bill or sit in the dark.

This is the end result of running out of other people's money.
It is hard to believe that every post so far in this thread is just plain ignoring the fact that the decision to switch the water source was one made by Governor Snyder's Emergency manager. That unilateral decision by the EM puts the blame for any thing related to that decision squarely on HIS shoulders and indirectly on Snyder's shoulders. When Obama's underlings mess up, you are quick to point fingers at Obama, not the people who screwed up. But because Snyder is one of YOU...one of the "good ol" republican boys," he gets a pass. Well, not on MY watch.

1.The city council nor the mayor had a say in making the switch. The Em should have made a risk assessment BEFORE making the decision to use water known to be polluted. Here is an excerpt from MLIVE ..(real time observers at the scene.}

"
City officials did not drive the decision to take water from the Flint River. There was never such a vote by the city council, which really didn't have the power to make such a decision anyway, because the city was under the control of a state-appointed emergency manager.

2. There was no 7-1 vote by the council to use Flint River water. SO where did THAT lie come from? Here is what the MLIVE crew says:

Snyder said that Detroit, after being informed of the Flint council vote, sent a "letter of termination" of water service. Detroit sent a letter giving Flint one year on its existing contract, but that didn't mean Flint couldn't get water from Detroit after that date. In fact, there was a flurry of negotiations between Detroit and Flint to sign a new contract that would carry Flint through until it could connect to the under-construction pipeline. That new contract was going to cost Flint more money.
This distinction is important to note because merely stating that Flint received a "letter of termination" makes it sound as if a thirsty Flint had no choice but to stick a straw in the Flint River. Flint could have elected to sign a new contract with the the Detroit water system (in fact, Flint reconnected to Detroit water after the situation in the city became a full-fledged, hair-on-fire crisis). Flint disconnected from Detroit because it was cheaper to take water from the Flint River until the new pipeline was completed. Here's a letter from then-emergency manager Darnell Earley saying Flint was choosing to use Flint water instead of Detroit water.

Some of you die hard republicans won't read the damning synopsis because it is too painful for you to know that Michigan's un official "conservative coalition headed by republican gov Snyder failed the people of Flint.
When Synder told us what Flint did or did not do he attempted to shift blame from the Flint ruled by his EM to the Flint represented by
politically neutered elected officials. Substitute the word "Flint" for "EM "in Snyder's comments and the picture becomes crystal clear.[/FONT]

Michigan Truth Squad: Who approved switch to Flint River? State's answers draw fouls
It was more than just the switch. The river water needed to be treated to make it less corrosive. It wasn't treated properly which led to lead from the pipes getting into the water.

That's why the EPA official resigned.

But where is the EM's risk assessment that should have been sent to the EPA in advance of the switch? Why did Gov. Snyder become truculent when asked about when he knew about the lead leeching into Flint's water source?

A lawyer for the people of Flint,Michael Pitt, says state officials knew about the lead leak since early 2014 and they sat on it . They must have been informed by the EPA regional chief who thought that was enough and that the state would fix the problem. The state didn't fix the problem so the EPA took the fall for not making the info public after Virginia tech experts came forward with their revelations.

Yeah I read it but the point is the EPA sat on this, there is plenty of blame to toss around and democrats have to accept their share of it

This seems simple enough for any elected official to get under control right away?
Water testers need to provide Quality reports (hourly, daily, monthly etc.) step 1. was this done?

Results need approval. Who approved the water quality? Who monitors the monitors (EPA, state)? step 2

if they knowingly sent out bad water, they must do time. no pensions. EPA seems useless, close it. Time to send a message. We out of money. do your job or do your time. Enough parties and pensions.

The dems smell blood....they just don't realize it's EPA blood also. The truth always comes out

Why must the elite left politicize everything?

Answer...to dupe their foolish believers and keep America divided. Seems to work EVERY time.

yep and then they have their sheep/tools to pass it around. but they wail it's the Republicans tearing the country apart. it's just sad to see people led around by the nose

Why must the elite left politicize everything?

Answer...to dupe their foolish believers and keep America divided. Seems to work EVERY time.

yep and then they have their sheep/tools to pass it around. but they wail it's the Republicans tearing the country apart. it's just sad to see people led around by the nose
Agreed. They can't see that they are being duped and are promoting division, by accepting and promoting the divisive propaganda of the elite left. How they can still get duped after so many lies have been exposed, is nothing short of miraculous.
======
The ONLY lies involved were from Republicans trying to cover their ass and the asses of their heros whom they worship because they have lots of money. TRUTH is irrelevant to right wingers. Ideology is all.

If Bush or Trump or Cruz were president the dems would be marching on the white house for the lead in Flints water. And the dishonest big government loving news media would be cheering them on. Obama escapes any damage...amazing to watch. less than a year thank GOD!

Why would they? They're republicans. They don't actually give a shit when another republican fucks up.

How is that a Republican party issue? Just because you feces mongers try to twist it that way doesn't make it a fact. The truth is it's being dealt with and any guilty people will pay the price, regardless of party affiliation.

Naw, shit rolls downhill. Snyder's hatchet man made the decision to change Flint's water sources without ordering a risk assessment or creating one. Snyder should have insisted on one being done BEFORE messing with people's drinking water. That is a stone that keeps Snyder's shit from rolling downhill.
He wasn't in it by himself. although they had to approve the decisions by the Mayor and city council before proceeding..............Who voted to go forward with it.

I'm sure that the NEW WATER AUTHORITY ASSURED THEM THAT THE NEW TREATMENT PLANT would properly TREAT THE WATER......................

Let me state this a little more BLUNTLY..............we CAN MAKE PURE WATER OUT OF PISS.......................It is all in the chemicals used to treat the incoming water. This was a BRAND NEW TREATMENT FACILITY..............Saying they could purify the water and send it down the line..........................that water treatment facility DIDN'T TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE OLD PIPES.................which is the main MALFUNCTION.

Now after they found it was screwing up the water by bleeding the pipes..........WHO knew what and WHEN????? WHO COVERED IT UP................I'm sure there is a long list of guilty parties on that one.
Snyder is the GOVERNOR! The buck stops with HIM alone. He knew the river water was toxic and the EM surely must have told Snyder beforehand that he intended to switch Flint to river water to reduce costs. There WAS NO city council VOTE TO USE THE FLINT RIVER AS A SOURCE. OF WATER..That is bogus!

SNYDER or his EM should have ordered a risk assessment BEFORE the switch took place. If they did, and the EPA did the assessment..where is the documentation...I want to see..or I want to see an accounting for the lack thereof!
In either case,something smells here and it isn't just the water from the Flint River.

Oh sorry; It is just poor people getting poisoned "by democrats", nothing to see, move along...

The whole situation makes me angry. It has been two years. Many local officials let it go on and on. DET water must have something different not to suck as much lead out of pipes? They should have found this out right away. There must be housecleaning starting with Local. EPA is proven useless again. They must go too. No pensions. No parties. I want somebodies rear end on this!

If the water going out was "good" then it is different? reacts differently to 50 year old lead pipes! Fist complaints. Find out. Is it every house? are copper houses OK? God almighty I could fix this from here! This should show everyone how BIG GOVT is a BIG FAILURE again.

I've had too much experience with government to assume any efficiency or forethought. The point is liberals are trying to broadbrush the GOP and scare people because spending less of our money is the unpardonable sin.

So spending money to keep babies from drinking lead laced water is no worth spending money on? OK, I see... You must be a demon because NO human could ever be that cold... ice weasel, indeed....

He wasn't in it by himself. although they had to approve the decisions by the Mayor and city council before proceeding..............Who voted to go forward with it.

I'm sure that the NEW WATER AUTHORITY ASSURED THEM THAT THE NEW TREATMENT PLANT would properly TREAT THE WATER......................

Let me state this a little more BLUNTLY..............we CAN MAKE PURE WATER OUT OF PISS.......................It is all in the chemicals used to treat the incoming water. This was a BRAND NEW TREATMENT FACILITY..............Saying they could purify the water and send it down the line..........................that water treatment facility DIDN'T TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE OLD PIPES.................which is the main MALFUNCTION.

Now after they found it was screwing up the water by bleeding the pipes..........WHO knew what and WHEN????? WHO COVERED IT UP................I'm sure there is a long list of guilty parties on that one.
Snyder is the GOVERNOR! The buck stops with HIM alone. He knew the river water was toxic and the EM surely must have told Snyder beforehand that he intended to switch Flint to river water to reduce costs. There WAS NO city council VOTE TO USE THE FLINT RIVER AS A SOURCE. OF WATER..That is bogus!

SNYDER or his EM should have ordered a risk assessment BEFORE the switch took place. If they did, and the EPA did the assessment..where is the documentation...I want to see..or I want to see an accounting for the lack thereof!
In either case,something smells here and it isn't just the water from the Flint River.
It's a BRAND NEW WATER TREATMENT PLANT...................the chemicals added didn't correct the ch- problem which caused the pipes to BLEED MORE.........Yeah they were already bleeding but at a lower rate with Detroit Water........but the water was maintaining less than 15 ppm out of that water...........

You and I don't know what report was given on the switch, and I'm sure the new water authority had the research which was probably wrong on how well they could treat that water............

You are making an ASSUMPTION, which makes an ASS OUT OF YOU AND ME................because I haven't seen that SMOKING GUN YET..............Now if I see that SMOKING GUN then I'll be on board with you...........but not until then.............other than that it is an ASSUMPTION..............

Our engineering capabilities can take the worst water around and make it pure water to drink.........It is obvious that they didn't add the chemicals to deal with it at the BRAND NEW TREATMENT PLANT.

Flint lead problem could be eased by recoating old pipes

Cost of replacing 1600 miles of Pipes........price tag of 1.6 BILLION by city estimates.........700 Million by Synder's estimates..........so a BILLION or more to replace the piping in the city............of course you'll have to tear up the dang streets to do so...............Having to repave the roads and etc....................

The Treatment Plant is adding PHOSPHATES trying to coat the pipes to limit the Lead...............

Many of this cities and other cities pipes up there are a 100 YEARS OLD.

I believe somewhere in this thread I stated we need at least 2 TRILLION to fix a lot of our infrastructure problems in this country.

So spending money to keep babies from drinking lead laced water is no worth spending money on? OK, I see... You must be a demon because NO human could ever be that cold... ice weasel, indeed....
The decision to save money with a NEW LINE from LAKE Huron would have saved the city 18 Million or so over a decade. That was not the wrong decision.

Tapping into the Flint River instead of negotiating some kind of deal with Detroit was a bad decision................

Given that...........Lead was already in the water there............Just at lower levels...........the pipes have to be replaced.

Water Main Break Clock
Corrosion, leaks and breaks in old-technology pipe materials are degrading our water delivery and sewage treatment systems, which are critical to public health and the environment.
Every day, 850 water main breaks occur in North America at a total annual repair cost of over $3 billion. This doesn't include the high costs of emergency equipment, depleted water supply, traffic disruptions, and lost work time. Experts note that corrosion is the leading cause of this water main break epidemic.
Corrosion is a significant drag on the economy, costing U.S. drinking water and wastewater systems over $50.7 billion annually, or more than $1 trillion dollars over the next twenty years. Not only is this cost calculated in terms of water main break repair, but also in terms of lost water, replacement of corroded pipes and implementation of corrosion-mitigation measures, which are ineffective since they only delay an unavoidable outcome.
Today's corrosion crisis is due to the materials used in America's underground pipe networks over the last 100 years. At first, cast iron was used, with ductile iron gradually replacing it. Both now suffer from the ravages of corrosion.
The American Society of Civil Engineers has given poor marks to the nation's public drinking and wastewater systems, saying hundreds of billions must be spent over the next two decades for upgrades and replacements.

And, tell me, how much interest have the Democrats shown in the two huge toxic spills that the EPA caused in Colorado last year? Humm? How many threads did liberals here start over those incident?

And how about the Flint's Democratic mayor, Dayne Walling, who was in office when the scandal occurred? Why didn't he say anything? (I'm not talking about Karen Weaver, who only recently took office.)

Yes. Clearly. All republicans should run their swords because of the Flint water debacle.

I agree, ALL Republicans should be forced to drink water straight from the Flint river.

Give em a little taste of that good ole river water.

Dont you agree?
If Republicans are to blame as you think and should be forced to drink water from the Flint River does that mean all Liberals should be forced to drink from the Colorado River the EPA poisoned ? It happend under the Obama administration.

The FUTURE of REPLACING our wore the fuck out Water Main and water pipe Infrastructure...............these Horizontal drilling machines are BAD ASSED...........we installed over a mile of 2 inch conduits where I work at in 2 days...........Was for FIBER OPTIC CABLE..........

Looks like the machines are much bigger than the one used for our job............

Take a look.

http://www.waterworld.com/articles/...-next-frontier-for-trenchless-technology.html

Forum List

Back