The Flint Water Crisis: An insight into Republicanism.

Republicans idea of leadership is sitting on their ass and watching people die. These idiots need to be defeated.
Tell me something mutt. What about those Flint city democrats who refused to upgrade their plumbing for four decades?
Think maybe they screwed up?
How about those Flint city democrats who in forty years appears to have done NOTHING to clean up the lead content IN the soil?
Think they screwed up?

YOU are always talking tech and bullsh#t. They HAD the tech and all the people got was bullsh#t. The democrats have been sitting their ass for four decades. Ask yourself this....
What year was galvanized pipe invented? Or and this one..
What year was PVC pipe invented?

If you think this is a republicans fault then you are dumb as a damn moon rock.

Matthew isn't so dumb. Flint never had a water crisis before Snyder sent his republican cronies to take over their local government. Not in decades have they EVER had such a crisis until NOW... now pucker up and give Mathew's ass a BIG kiss..heh heh heh!
Lead from cars has been in the ground for decades. Plumbing has never been updated. The city of Flint never built a water treatment plant.

Tell me something I don't already know. After you do that, tell me how any of what you just said has anything to do with water from the FR NOT being treated to prevent corrosion and the proliferation of biological agents.once it was to be consumed by Flint. If THAT had been done, we wouldn't have had a crisis. AS I HAVE said before, the Flint River has been used before without incident under democrat rule...NOW,under republicanism, the unthinkable happened...there is no way around that... republicans and there disdain for the EPA is at the core of this whole affair.

Republicans idea of leadership is sitting on their ass and watching people die. These idiots need to be defeated.
Tell me something mutt. What about those Flint city democrats who refused to upgrade their plumbing for four decades?
How about those Flint city democrats who in forty years appears to have done NOTHING to clean up the lead content IN the soil?
Think they screwed up?

YOU are always talking tech and bullsh#t. They HAD the tech and all the people got was bullsh#t. The democrats have been sitting their ass for four decades. Ask yourself this....

Matthew isn't so dumb. Flint never had a water crisis before Snyder sent his republican cronies to take over their local government. Not in decades have they EVER had such a crisis until NOW... now pucker up and give Mathew's ass a BIG kiss..heh heh heh!

Come on man. You know better. Detroit Water and Sewage fucked Flint over and they had no option to use Flint River in the interim. But why blame politicians? They are only politicians. No one adjusted the protocols for treating the Flint River water.

Why the hell don't we start there? Then start chopping heads at the agencies who hid this shit?

My sources at Mlive don't agree with yours. Mlive reports that Snyder conflated that lie and made it seem that the cut off was imminent when in fact it wasn't. Flint could have stayed on the Detroit water line as long as they paid their bill or until their contract ended a year or so later. But using the FR water wasn't the problem. The damn republicans didn't oversee the proper treatment of the water and their own state agencies DHHS and MDEQ were blatant obstructionists that hindered every thing the EPA suggested by lying and the use of unmitigated skullduggery.

The 50 year contract was up, it did not end a year or so later.
How could they pay the bill when many residents did not pay their water bills?
That was why they wanted to save some money, so that Flint residences would be able to afford to pay their water bills.

Think they screwed up?

Come on man. You know better. Detroit Water and Sewage fucked Flint over and they had no option to use Flint River in the interim. But why blame politicians? They are only politicians. No one adjusted the protocols for treating the Flint River water.

Why the hell don't we start there? Then start chopping heads at the agencies who hid this shit?

My sources at Mlive don't agree with yours. Mlive reports that Snyder conflated that lie and made it seem that the cut off was imminent when in fact it wasn't. Flint could have stayed on the Detroit water line as long as they paid their bill or until their contract ended a year or so later. But using the FR water wasn't the problem. The damn republicans didn't oversee the proper treatment of the water and their own state agencies DHHS and MDEQ were blatant obstructionists that hindered every thing the EPA suggested by lying and the use of unmitigated skullduggery.

That was why they wanted to save some money, so that Flint residences would be able to afford to pay their water bills.

I thought the switch to KWA was a smart move. Good and solid financial responsibility.

Think they screwed up?

But Snyder did not make the final call. He put a democrat in charge of that.
"Earley, who toasted the switch to the river with city leaders in a ceremony in April 2014, said it was his "responsibility to implement the previously accepted and approved plan" since the city's contract with the Detroit water system expired during his term as emergency manager."
Ex-emergency manager says he's not to blame for Flint River water switch

YOUR source says you are lying, YOUR source.
Son, I can't help that you are a illiterate ignoramus that can't read and understand what is right in front of him. From the link you just posted:

Just because Early is Black doesn't make him a democrat. Would teh Michigan democratic Party be calling for his resignation if he was a democrat? Why didn't the Michigan GOP call for his resignation?

The Michigan Democratic Party called Tuesday on Snyder to fire Earley from his current position as emergency manager of Detroit Public Schools based on his position in charge in Flint when the switch in water source was made.

Further, this is the part that makes exposing your dumb arse so sweet.

Flint Mayor Dayne Walling said Tuesday that the vote to become a partner in the KWA, a new regional water authority, should not be confused with a vote to use the Flint River as a temporary source of drinking water — a vote that never happened.

Got it NOW. KIDDO?

As far as I know everyone was a D (EMs) but my deal still is they are just politicians relying on so called experts who were lying their asses off.
Aww toots, how do you KNOW the EMs were all democrats? They might be but I haven't seen any evidence that any were democrats. You can't judge a politician by his /her skin color.

Think they screwed up?

Lead from cars has been in the ground for decades. Plumbing has never been updated. The city of Flint never built a water treatment plant.

Tell me something I don't already know. After you do that, tell me how any of what you just said has anything to do with water from the FR NOT being treated to prevent corrosion and the proliferation of biological agents.once it was to be consumed by Flint. If THAT had been done, we wouldn't have had a crisis. AS I HAVE said before, the Flint River has been used before without incident under democrat rule...NOW,under republicanism, the unthinkable happened...there is no way around that... republicans and there disdain for the EPA is at the core of this whole affair.
You know I lived in a small town idiot. Less then 2000 people and we had water treatment okay idiot? How big is Flint idiot? Where did the tax money go for upgrades idiot?

Where is that infrastucture upgrade that cities make idiot? Matthew where is that money? Do you know? Idiot here has not a f#cking clue. Where did that tax money go? Did it just f#cking vanish? Maybe they flushed it down the damn toilet and it went through those aging out of date and out of tech plumbing?

Where IS that money Matthew? People paid GOOD money via taxes for 40 gawd damn years. Where did it go? Who has it and how did they get it? The problem is Matthew that 40 years of tax money for upgrades is GONE and nobody knows where it is!

And on top of that they are NOT asking? You CANNOT blame 40 YEARS of fiscal theft on a Gov. who has had the job less then four years okay? Now Matthew lets switch this to street smarts.
YOU got F#CKED.
SOMEBODY stole your damn money {taxes}
And NOBODY in that SAME group of people is trying to find it.

Street smarts are VERY easy Matthew. YOU find the man WITH your money and THAT is the man who TOOK your money. Whose THAT man you ask?

Fine, he was either the Mayor OR a counsel member. Could have been BOTH. THAT is who has your money Matthew , Forty years on infrastructue taxes and no gawd damn improvement.
YOU find the money and you have found the guilty. No bullsh#t, no smoke and mirrors and no dog and pony. Find the MONEY you moron, find the MONEY!

Ok I still don't want to go down this path but let's start calling out the players.

Nick Lyon who heads DHHS was originally appointed by Granholm. Interesting. All the EMS were D's. Lets hammer down and get everybody right out front and center.

And see if I wanted to play the left's game on this. Let me throw this out there. Did the D's involved let this situation happen to blacken the R's in Michigan forever.

Because basically the left is saying Republicans poisoned the people of Flint. Why not the other way around to take out Snyder and others. Anything goes with this dog's breakfast.

Think they screwed up?

No, you are misreading something. Here is my source:

Michigan Truth Squad: Who approved switch to Flint River? State's answers draw fouls

Snyder said that Detroit, after being informed of the Flint council vote, sent a "letter of termination" of water service. Detroit sent a letter giving Flint one year on its existing contract, but that didn't mean Flint couldn't get water from Detroit after that date. In fact, there was a flurry of negotiations between Detroit and Flint to sign a new contract that would carry Flint through until it could connect to the under-construction pipeline. That new contract was going to cost Flint more money.

This distinction is important to note because merely stating that Flint received a "letter of termination" makes it sound as if a thirsty Flint had no choice but to stick a straw in the Flint River. Flint could have elected to sign a new contract with the the Detroit water system (in fact, Flint reconnected to Detroit water after the situation in the city became a full-fledged, hair-on-fire crisis). Flint disconnected from Detroit because it was cheaper to take water from the Flint River until the new pipeline was completed. Here's a letter from then-emergency manager Darnell Earley saying Flint was choosing to use Flint water instead of Detroit water.

Which brings us to the state's timeline statement: "June 2013: City of Flint decides to use the Flint River as a water source."

Flint officials didn't make that decision while under state emergency management. State-appointed emergency manager Ed Kurtz made that decision, which would have had to be approved by the state.
Here's

Think they screwed up?

You know I lived in a small town idiot. Less then 2000 people and we had water treatment okay idiot? How big is Flint idiot? Where did the tax money go for upgrades idiot?

Where is that infrastucture upgrade that cities make idiot? Matthew where is that money? Do you know? Idiot here has not a f#cking clue. Where did that tax money go? Did it just f#cking vanish? Maybe they flushed it down the damn toilet and it went through those aging out of date and out of tech plumbing?

Where IS that money Matthew? People paid GOOD money via taxes for 40 gawd damn years. Where did it go? Who has it and how did they get it? The problem is Matthew that 40 years of tax money for upgrades is GONE and nobody knows where it is!

And on top of that they are NOT asking? You CANNOT blame 40 YEARS of fiscal theft on a Gov. who has had the job less then four years okay? Now Matthew lets switch this to street smarts.
YOU got F#CKED.
SOMEBODY stole your damn money {taxes}
And NOBODY in that SAME group of people is trying to find it.

Street smarts are VERY easy Matthew. YOU find the man WITH your money and THAT is the man who TOOK your money. Whose THAT man you ask?

Fine, he was either the Mayor OR a counsel member. Could have been BOTH. THAT is who has your money Matthew , Forty years on infrastructue taxes and no gawd damn improvement.
YOU find the money and you have found the guilty. No bullsh#t, no smoke and mirrors and no dog and pony. Find the MONEY you moron, find the MONEY!
You are so far off in left field, it is pointless to even respond to you... when you are ready to talk sensibly, I just might engage you...until then...keep yapping nonsense...

It's not the switch. They fucked up on how the water was treated. Or lack of treatment.

And the bloody EPA knew the people of Flint were drinking toxic water. Outrageous. Why wasn't the woman in charge freaking fired instead of allowing her to resign.

This is madness.

And this op ed is spot on the money.

'The EPA is been a hotbed of incompetence, corruption, partisanship, waste and fraud for years now and not a single person is made to stand against the wheel. If people want to hold Governor Rick Snyder accountable for this fiasco, fine. It happened on his watch.

But Gina McCarthy’s neck needs to be stretched out on the block right next to his.'

This woman McCarthy actually had the nerve to come out and claim the EPA did their job. Wow just wow.

If the EPA “did their job” in Flint, why did their regional administrator just resign?

Think they screwed up?

No, you are misreading something. Here is my source:

Michigan Truth Squad: Who approved switch to Flint River? State's answers draw fouls

Snyder said that Detroit, after being informed of the Flint council vote, sent a "letter of termination" of water service. Detroit sent a letter giving Flint one year on its existing contract, but that didn't mean Flint couldn't get water from Detroit after that date. In fact, there was a flurry of negotiations between Detroit and Flint to sign a new contract that would carry Flint through until it could connect to the under-construction pipeline. That new contract was going to cost Flint more money.

This distinction is important to note because merely stating that Flint received a "letter of termination" makes it sound as if a thirsty Flint had no choice but to stick a straw in the Flint River. Flint could have elected to sign a new contract with the the Detroit water system (in fact, Flint reconnected to Detroit water after the situation in the city became a full-fledged, hair-on-fire crisis). Flint disconnected from Detroit because it was cheaper to take water from the Flint River until the new pipeline was completed. Here's a letter from then-emergency manager Darnell Earley saying Flint was choosing to use Flint water instead of Detroit water.

Which brings us to the state's timeline statement: "June 2013: City of Flint decides to use the Flint River as a water source."

Flint officials didn't make that decision while under state emergency management. State-appointed emergency manager Ed Kurtz made that decision, which would have had to be approved by the state.
Here's
Come on now idiot, keep up with me. Where the hell is the tax money? YOU ignorant liberals say we conservatives bitch about money. Well f#ck me running you ARE right!

TAX PAYERS money you got THAT idiot. NOW you want to prove how smart you. Tell Matthew where that tax money went. The OP can take his ego and shove it up his ass.

TAX MONEY
White money
Negro money
Asian money
Christian money
Islamic money
Jewish money
Mormon money

Are you catching up idiot or do you need your walker? Just WHERE is the money idiot?

Ok I still don't want to go down this path but let's start calling out the players.

Nick Lyon who heads DHHS was originally appointed by Granholm. Interesting. All the EMS were D's. Lets hammer down and get everybody right out front and center.

And see if I wanted to play the left's game on this. Let me throw this out there. Did the D's involved let this situation happen to blacken the R's in Michigan forever.

Because basically the left is saying Republicans poisoned the people of Flint. Why not the other way around to take out Snyder and others. Anything goes with this dog's breakfast.
Again, what evidence do you have to show that the EMS were democrats? I have none to shwo one way or the other...haven't seen anything

It's not the switch. They fucked up on how the water was treated. Or lack of treatment.

And the bloody EPA knew the people of Flint were drinking toxic water. Outrageous. Why wasn't the woman in charge freaking fired instead of allowing her to resign.

This is madness.

'The EPA is been a hotbed of incompetence, corruption, partisanship, waste and fraud for years now and not a single person is made to stand against the wheel. If people want to hold Governor Rick Snyder accountable for this fiasco, fine. It happened on his watch.

But Gina McCarthy’s neck needs to be stretched out on the block right next to his.'

This woman McCarthy actually had the nerve to come out and claim the EPA did their job. Wow just wow.

If the EPA “did their job” in Flint, why did their regional administrator just resign?

That "Hot Air article seems to live up to it's namesake.The narrative is written in such a way as to suggest to the reader that The EPA alone knew that the FR water was untreated and that no state agencies knew at the same time. I will clear that up right now. Using links from the Hot Air article to trace their sources,I discovered the rest of the story in a more objective light.

The EPA wasn't "keeping the knowledge to themselves."

the EPA spent months quietly warning state regulators of the lack of corrosion controls for Flint’s water supplies. The EPA told the state it needed to use chemical treatments to prevent lead lines and plumbing from getting into Flint’s drinking water, but the agency did nothing to publicize its concerns over the city’s water despite the state’s refusal to control against lead poisoning.

Read more: EPA Says It ‘Did Its Job’ Despite Not Telling Flint Its Water Was Contaminated

The region 5 EPA official resigned because she wasn't forceful enough; and, that proved to be deadly for the citizens of Flint. But in essence she DID attempt to do her job by trying to get State officials to abide by federal regulations. She was ignored because of her timidity and because she just didn't know what to do.

Here is her train of thought in that regard:

The Detroit News reported that EPA Region 5 Administrator Susan Hedman said “she sought a legal opinion on whether the EPA could force action, but it wasn’t completed until November.”

Read more: EPA Says It ‘Did Its Job’ Despite Not Telling Flint Its Water Was Contaminated

But here is some real substance that points directly at the real devils in this fiasco:

“We believe the primary responsibility for what happened in Flint rests with the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ),” the state task force wrote to Snyder in December.

“Although many individuals and entities at state and local levels contributed to creating and prolonging the problem, MDEQ is the government agency that has responsibility to ensure safe drinking water in Michigan,” the task force wrote. “It failed in that responsibility and must be held accountable for that failure.”

Even though we know the local officials had little or no part in this imbroglio,, the state task force still tries to drag them into it knowing full well that when they use the term "local levels" they are referring to the deeds of the EM,not the mayor or city council, They just hope the average reader wouldn't know that!

Andy you have studied corporate profits since the Bush era ended. Right? You know major corps have made a ton of money. Right?

How could that be with all the nasty things you say Dems have done to corporations?
The same idiot Republicans who see corporations are making record profits and the CEO's pay has gone up 1000% while the average workers pay isn't keeping up with inflation.

But then these Republicans will blame Obama for workers only making $8 to $15 hr. But wait a minute! They don't want the worker to make more than that.

But they do want to point to their low wages and say, "see, you're doing worse now under Obama".

Republicans Responsible for Shipping American Jobs Overseas and Outsourcing

Republicans want people to make more money.
That is why they are getting our low income children out of the ghetto schools and into better performing schools.
Since the voucher system, many more children are graduating High School and going on to colleges.

Both parties are to blame for jobs going overseas.
Republicans DO NOT want people to make more money. The majority of workers in this country are ditch diggers, landscapers, housekeeping, factory rats, McD workers and Walmart workers.

These people use to make a lot of money because manufacturing was huge in America and those jobs were unionized/organized. Those jobs are gone now and the GOP does not want McC or Walmart workers to make more nor do they want those factory workers who make $15 hr. to make more. Don't lie.

I can agree with a lot of what you say but not if you are not being honest with me.

I am being honest with you and you are believing that propaganda lie from the left.
The ideology of Republicans is that the free market system will raise the average working hourly wage.
It is not working now because of too much government interference.
Republicans do want people to make more money by getting a college degree and getting out of those types of jobs.
This is why they are doing school vouchers.
The masses who work in factories, the unskilled labor, the Ford gm Chrysler Toyota Honda and tier 1-5 suppliers workers. The GOP don't want them to make more.

And those people are not all going to go to college.

This is madness.

I'm confused.... since when did the duty of providing water, change from being a local issue, to magically being the responsibility of the EPA?

Why are we constantly trying to find someone else to take responsibilities for our own problems?

Why are we constantly trying to find someone else to take responsibilities for our own problems?

It is called learned behaviour. Brought to us by Republicans. Have you EVER seen a Republican take responsibility for their actions? I havent. (at least since Nixon)

Matter of fact, the avoidance of taking responsibility is the defining characteristic of the Republican party.

Andy you have studied corporate profits since the Bush era ended. Right? You know major corps have made a ton of money. Right?

How could that be with all the nasty things you say Dems have done to corporations?
The same idiot Republicans who see corporations are making record profits and the CEO's pay has gone up 1000% while the average workers pay isn't keeping up with inflation.

But then these Republicans will blame Obama for workers only making $8 to $15 hr. But wait a minute! They don't want the worker to make more than that.

But they do want to point to their low wages and say, "see, you're doing worse now under Obama".

Republicans Responsible for Shipping American Jobs Overseas and Outsourcing

Republicans want people to make more money.
That is why they are getting our low income children out of the ghetto schools and into better performing schools.
Since the voucher system, many more children are graduating High School and going on to colleges.

Both parties are to blame for jobs going overseas.
Republicans DO NOT want people to make more money. The majority of workers in this country are ditch diggers, landscapers, housekeeping, factory rats, McD workers and Walmart workers.

These people use to make a lot of money because manufacturing was huge in America and those jobs were unionized/organized. Those jobs are gone now and the GOP does not want McC or Walmart workers to make more nor do they want those factory workers who make $15 hr. to make more. Don't lie.

I can agree with a lot of what you say but not if you are not being honest with me.
Those jobs will also never return because American workers are more expensive than the machines that replace them.

Forum List

Back