Zone1 The Greater Sin

Meriweather

Not all who wander are lost
Oct 21, 2014
There is misapprehension and confusion of what was happening in regards to indulgences and printing Bibles in the fifteen hundreds. Some bishops were misusing indulgences, and others within the Church (including Martin Luther) were insisting these bishops be corrected. There were poor translations (and parts being left out) of the Bible by printers, more concerned with profit than accuracy. The Church was trying to prevent this as well.

Beginning with Judas and Peter’s denial of Jesus, we face the fact that the Church, the Body of Christ, is made up of broken people. Sin should not—and does not—prevail against it.

Judas did not deny Christ. He left him and the other Apostles. Peter did deny Christ, but he did not leave him and the others. Who had the greater sin?

When Protestants left the Church, breaking apart the Body of Christ, this, too, is the greater sin. After five hundred years--since Jesus prayed we would remain one—why can’t we fix/heal it? Where is our miracle, the one Jesus asked of us? What steps can be taken to bring this miracle about? Where is our faith such a miracle can take place?

John 17:12
New Testament
12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

The only one that was lost was Judas Iscariot. Peter's denials did not compare to Judas' betrayal.

Forum List

Back