The guy isn't White, didn't use an "Assault Rifle" and didn't use a large capacity magazine...

Most ofthose studies are bullshit. What is considered a deterred crime? They call up a person & ask some question, they have a bullshit story &then they write it down.

Yes......40 years of research, from both the private and public sector including obama and clinton....and it is bullshit.....good job....you have debunked all that actual research with that one word....
The reports I read were all in question because of the methods.

We could look at what the cdc has found but your Republicans banned them from studying the subject.

Look at how many people here they c;aimed have used a gun in self defense. I say it is mostly bullshit.

Statistics show that putting a gun in a home increases the likelyhood of death or injury to someone in that home. You say no. You say that gun protects them from death or harm by a criminal.

Statistics on gun deaths & injury are real. Any a stat on using a gun in self defense are based on stories.

No...the CDC was not banned from studying anything....they are not allowed to advocate for gun control

Look at all of the studies, done by separate groups over 40 years including obama and clinton........then keep telling yourself they are all lying....

And no....a gun in the home does not increase your chances...we have shown how that number was reached and how even the author of the study had to change his number.......and the actual factors...are criminals living in the home, drug addiction and acloholism as well as a history of violence and police encounters...

If you don't have any of those things, the gun in the home does not increase your risks....

Who is "we"?

You are now claiming that putting a gun in a home makes people less likely to get injured or killed.
How ridiculous is that? How may family members are shot because the gun owner thought someone was in their home?

Incredibly few.
Incredibly few is absolutely right -- when measured against the number of American homes which are armed.

And you can reload the shotgun while you are still pointing it.....almost continual fire.....so yes...the anti gunners will take shotguns too if they are given a chance....
So true.

The only reason anti-gun proponents aren't after shotguns now is they regard them only as sporting guns and in their ignorance have little to no awareness of their generally lethal potential. But when they become aware of it we may rest assured the first to go will be the semi-autos, then the slide-action, extended magazine versions. Then slugs and #00 shot will be banned.

Little by little.

Who is "we"?

You are now claiming that putting a gun in a home makes people less likely to get injured or killed.
How ridiculous is that? How may family members are shot because the gun owner thought someone was in their home?
Some but not a hell of a lot, considering how many American homes are armed.

One way to reduce gun accidents in the home is public education, which is the way cigarette-smoking was reduced by 75%. Some people simply need to be reminded about careless gun handling and lax security precautions. Televised dramatizations of actual gun accidents would have a positive effect.

So....the guy isn't white, according to the left, he may have been a muslim.....he didn't use an "Assault Rifle," he didn't use a large capacity magazine, and the FBI knew about him.....the left wing anti gunners are already having a bad 2017.........

Thank god and the nra he had access to a gun just in case something bad happened.

The NRA had nothing to do with it...though the FBI..you know, the government agency assholes like you want to do background checks to keep guns out of the hands of crazy people.....let this guy through.....

moron...

Every person has the right to face his or her accusers. Even the nut jobs.

So you're disappointed because there weren't more bullets flying around the terminal? Not enough lethal crossfire to satisfy you?
They also ignore that the number of people killed or wounded is due that the shooter was ex military.

I have been waiting for a reason to post this again...thanks,

This is what guns are for....stopping evil people....

Self defense with a gun:

Self defense with a gun......40 years of actual research...first is the name of the group that conducted the research, then the year, then the number of defensive gun uses and finally wether the research contained police or military defensive gun uses....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....
Most ofthose studies are bullshit. What is considered a deterred crime? They call up a person & ask some question, they have a bullshit story &then they write it down.

Yes......40 years of research, from both the private and public sector including obama and clinton....and it is bullshit.....good job....you have debunked all that actual research with that one word....

We could look at what the cdc has found but your Republicans banned them from studying the subject.

Look at how many people here they c;aimed have used a gun in self defense. I say it is mostly bullshit.

Statistics show that putting a gun in a home increases the likelyhood of death or injury to someone in that home. You say no. You say that gun protects them from death or harm by a criminal.

Statistics on gun deaths & injury are real. Any a stat on using a gun in self defense are based on stories.
the CDC is not banned from anything
If you bothered to read anything about the Dickey bill you would learn that the only restriction is that the CDC can not spend any tax payer money promoting gun control

and again if you bothered to actually look anything up you would have seen the CDC has and does publish stats on gun deaths

So you're disappointed because there weren't more bullets flying around the terminal? Not enough lethal crossfire to satisfy you?
They also ignore that the number of people killed or wounded is due that the shooter was ex military.

I have been waiting for a reason to post this again...thanks,

This is what guns are for....stopping evil people....

Self defense with a gun:

Self defense with a gun......40 years of actual research...first is the name of the group that conducted the research, then the year, then the number of defensive gun uses and finally wether the research contained police or military defensive gun uses....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Statistics say a pool on the property increases the likelihood of a person drowning
But far more people just have fun swimming than actually drown

The same is true for your gun in the home stat

Who is "we"?

Some but not a hell of a lot, considering how many American homes are armed.

One way to reduce gun accidents in the home is public education, which is the way cigarette-smoking was reduced by 75%. Some people simply need to be reminded about careless gun handling and lax security precautions. Televised dramatizations of actual gun accidents would have a positive effect.

And in the 1990s we had 200 million guns in private hands and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense (1997 ).....in 2016 we now have 357-400 million guns in private hands and over 15 million people carrying guns for self defense...

And what happened to our accidental gun death rate? It went down....so another argument from the anti gunners is wrong....

and if they would allow gun safety education in schools, even more lives would be saved from gun accidents...but they need dead children to push their anti gun agenda.....a child killed from a gun accident is solid gold to the anti gun movement.....

http://webappa.cdc.gov/cgi-bin/broker.exe

2013 ..... 505
2012 ..... 548
2011 ..... 591
2010 ..... 606
2009 ..... 554
2008 ..... 592
2007..... 613
2006..... 642
2005 ..... 789
2004 ..... 649
2003 ..... 730
2002 ..... 762
2001 ..... 802
2000 ..... 776
1999 ..... 824

So....the guy isn't white, according to the left, he may have been a muslim.....he didn't use an "Assault Rifle," he didn't use a large capacity magazine, and the FBI knew about him.....the left wing anti gunners are already having a bad 2017.........
From what I heard he flew to ft Lauderdale, went to baggage claim, got his gun and then started shooting. Why bother going through all that? Why not just drive to your airport and walk in and start shooting?

They search 20% of the checked luggage. They could have found the gun.

From what I heard he flew to ft Lauderdale, went to baggage claim, got his gun and then started shooting. Why bother going through all that? Why not just drive to your airport and walk in and start shooting?

They search 20% of the checked luggage. They could have found the gun.

They more than likely knew it was in his luggage before he got on the plane.

Transporting Firearms and Ammunition

"You may transport unloaded firearms in a locked hard-sided container as checked baggage only."

The US citizen & ex US soldier was mentally ill caused by his time at war. But when mental illness is used as a reason to prevent gun ownership you NRA nutjobs have a fit. " Who says when someone is crazry!!!!! OMG OMG OMG"

It he did have an assault type weapon, a lot more would have been killed.

Those people were assaulted with a handgun. Doesn't that make it an assault weapon?

How about an assault bomb?

How about if he used an assault knife?

How about an assault baseball bat?

See how stupid it sounds when you use it correctly?

Go fuck yourself if you don't know to what an assault rifles refers.

I don't? That's funny! I am a military vet, a member of the NRA, and own what you would incorrectly classify as an assault weapon. I shoot fully automatic weapons as a volunteer military urban combat opposition force.

I think I know what I am talking about more than an obvious pansy-ass bedwetter like you.
First, thank you for your service.

Second, there can be several definitions of an assault rifle. When talking about banning assault rifles, typically it refers to the previous ban and the type of guns being sold today such as the AR15.

Third, are you saying you are in one of those wacko militias?

Fourth, If you think I am a pansy ass bed wetter, try to break into my home & find out how many guns I own & how well I can use them.

You are welcome.

The AR-15 is NOT an assault rifle. The definition of an assault weapon that separates it from others is select-fire ability, which the AR-15 DOES NOT HAVE!

No, I am not in a militia. I train special operations troops in an urban combat environment. I play the bad guy!

You attitude towards guns tells me all I need to know about your nocturnal urination.

But the bill that banned assault rifles had a different definition.

My attitude is that I don't need to tote a gun everywhere I go. We should reinstate a assault rifle ban. Limit magazine/clip size. Anyone with a conceal carry permit be required extensive training. Mental health concerns should be a factor. There is something seriously wrong with a good percentage of those non law enforcement people who tote guns everywhere they go. When you put a gun in your home, it is more likely to harm a person in that home that use it in protecting that home.

Those people were assaulted with a handgun. Doesn't that make it an assault weapon?

I don't? That's funny! I am a military vet, a member of the NRA, and own what you would incorrectly classify as an assault weapon. I shoot fully automatic weapons as a volunteer military urban combat opposition force.

I think I know what I am talking about more than an obvious pansy-ass bedwetter like you.

Second, there can be several definitions of an assault rifle. When talking about banning assault rifles, typically it refers to the previous ban and the type of guns being sold today such as the AR15.

Fourth, If you think I am a pansy ass bed wetter, try to break into my home & find out how many guns I own & how well I can use them.

You are welcome.

The AR-15 is NOT an assault rifle. The definition of an assault weapon that separates it from others is select-fire ability, which the AR-15 DOES NOT HAVE!

No, I am not in a militia. I train special operations troops in an urban combat environment. I play the bad guy!

You attitude towards guns tells me all I need to know about your nocturnal urination.

My attitude is that I don't need to tote a gun everywhere I go. We should reinstate a assault rifle ban. Limit magazine/clip size. Anyone with a conceal carry permit be required extensive training. Mental health concerns should be a factor. There is something seriously wrong with a good percentage of those non law enforcement people who tote guns everywhere they go. When you put a gun in your home, it is more likely to harm a person in that home that use it in protecting that home.

Tell you what, you feel free to cower in the corner of the gun free zone waiting for another man, an armed one, to save your ass. Now THAT'S "seriously wrong".

I'll come prepared, just in case, thank you.

As to your other ideas, what in the hell makes you think criminals and crazies are going to follow your rules?

You are welcome.

Tell you what, you feel free to cower in the corner of the gun free zone waiting for another man, an armed one, to save your ass. Now THAT'S "seriously wrong".

As to your other ideas, what in the hell makes you think criminals and crazies are going to follow your rules?
Remember when Gabby Giffords was shot. A man with a concealed gun permit had heard the shots, drew his gun & headed toward the scene. He peaked around the corner, saw a man with a gun & took aim. At the last moment, he realized that it was not the shooter but a bystander picking up the shooter's gun.

The idea that you think you are trained enough is ridiculous. Sure there might be a situation where it is clear but how do you know you're not shooter another toter coming to help?

I know some toters & open carry people. When I am near, I wonder if their safeties are on, if they are properly holstered, what training did they have. And if they are truly concerned for their protection or toting because they think it makes them a tough guy.

I'll take my chances that I might be in range of a mass shooter instead of at risk from dumbass toters who are careless.

You are welcome.

Remember when Gabby Giffords was shot. A man with a concealed gun permit had heard the shots, drew his gun & headed toward the scene. He peaked around the corner, saw a man with a gun & took aim. At the last moment, he realized that it was not the shooter but a bystander picking up the shooter's gun.

The idea that you think you are trained enough is ridiculous. Sure there might be a situation where it is clear but how do you know you're not shooter another toter coming to help?

I know some toters & open carry people. When I am near, I wonder if their safeties are on, if they are properly holstered, what training did they have. And if they are truly concerned for their protection or toting because they think it makes them a tough guy.

I'll take my chances that I might be in range of a mass shooter instead of at risk from dumbass toters who are careless.

At the last moment, he realized that it was not the shooter but a bystander picking up the shooter's gun.
Sounds like he knew what he was doing.

You are welcome.

Like I said, feel free to turn your family's safety over to others. I choose differently.

p.s. I've put as many as 30,000 rounds down range per year, competed in hundreds of firearms competitions, and have taken every private safety and training course I could find over the years. I'm far more trained than your average beat cop.

You are welcome.

Are you this slow......he did not use a Rifle with a magazine, he used a magazine with less than 10 rounds, and it doesn't take training to shoot unarmed people....and he had interviews with the FBI, and mental health professionals who gave him the all clear...and returned his gun...they even took his gun from him during the evaluation period.....

Everything you just posted happened here......so everything you posted makes no sense unless you just don't like people owning and carrying guns...

And again........4.7 million people carried guns for self defense in 1997.....in 2016 there are now over 15 million people carrying guns for self defense....and our gun murder rate went down 47% ...and our violent crime rate went down 77%....

Nothing you stated is true or based in reality or fact...yet you still push it.......

Why is that....?

More guns, less crime...

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

More guns, less crime....

Violent Crime Is 16% Lower Than a Decade Ago, So Why Are Gun Sales So High?

The Bureau of Justice Statistics, which uses a slightly different definition of violent crime (it doesn't collect murder statistics, but does include simple assault), says violent crime has plummeted 77% since 1993 with just 18.6 victimizations per 1,000 persons age 12 or older, compared with 79.8 victimizations 23 years ago. It's clear we're living in a much safer world today than just a few years ago, let alone decades before:

And fewer accidental gun deaths and fewer non fatal gun accidents as well....nothing you believe about gun in this country is true or based in facts or reality....

You are welcome.

And what happened.....you anti gunners keep using that scene as if it makes you point...it shows that you are wrong......the second concealed carrier Did Not Shoot The Other Guy Because He Saw The Incident Was OVer.....that means what you say about people carrying guns did not happen at the Gabby Giffords shooting......

We had the shooting in Dallas......normal, law abiding people with rifles with magazines...marching in public....and a black lies matter sympathizer starts shooting police.......what happened? The civilians with their rifles...left the scene without firing a shot, and let the police handle it....and the police didn't shoot them, they didn't shoot each other....

You don't know what you are talking about.......nothing you say is based in the reality of Guns in America...you are making things up based on your imagination and what you hear from anti gunners who simply hate guns.....

And yet assault rifles kill fewer people each year than knives or clubs or bare hands.....of he weapons you should fear most...fear knives.....

Assualt rifles are not a problem....criminals are...and again...it was a gun free zone...and he used an anti gun activist approved weapon....a pistol with a 9 round capacity magazine....

now of course you will want to limit that capacity too...

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

For 2014 included......

All rifles: 248 ------------(2013....285 (that means AR-15s kill even fewer than that))

Knives: 1,567-------------( 2013....1,490)

Hands and feet: 660----( 2013 .......687 )
You people have no logic, just bulldshit.
upload_2017-1-8_10-50-53.png

You are welcome.

When you put a gun in your home, it is more likely to harm a person in that home that use it in protecting that home.

That is an anti gunner lie...based on biased research that we have shown to be biased over and over again here on U.S.....

the research was flawed because they blamed the gun in the home...not the actual type of person in the home...and then applied that to normal, law abiding families....

The homes where the guns killed people...had criminals living in them....who shot family members or drug gang buddies who came over or were shot by drug gang buddies in their own home.....

The factor that counts is having a criminal in the home, having someone in the home with a history of violence, having someone in the home with a drug or alchohol addiction or mental illness....

A normal, law abiding family with a gun in the home is not more likely to have the gun used to kill a family member.....

Forum List

Back