The hypocrisy and arrogance of atheism

You know, Hollie, I tease you a bit, but what's wrong with just talking with me like we were real folk, you and I, because we are. Why do always talk at theists as if they were things, not real people?
Because you're not.

Well, then, there's your answer, Sir. So there! LOL!

I truly believe she is psychotic and really not worth engaging, you nailed your description of her, she's incapable of coherent discussion.
Oh my. The Jehovah's Witness cabal is assembling.

Oh my, now you've gone and done it, the psychotic atheist has hurt my feelings. lol

You could really learn something from CMM, he uses actual reasoning and discussion and is mostly civil while debating, he has my respect. Your one entire debate skill is limited to the m.o. of labeling and name calling, that's all you ever have. You offer no one a challenge unfortunately.

Mostly civil.

It seems your real issue is that science has the means to explore the questions of how life began and you see that as a threat to the tales and fables of whatever creation story linked to whatever gawds will be displaced.

And just to bring you up to speed, biological evolution is as much a fact as anything in science can be termed a fact.

Um, no but that's a nice try attempting to turn it on it's head.

Atheists do NOT want to explore how life began. You can't want to explore unless you are open to ALL theories.

But atheists refuse to explore the possibility that God created it.

They will only accept theories that preclude God. But they have NO EVIDENCE TO DO THAT.

Either to accept God or exclude him. They have no evidence at all.
Thought so.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a poster with the debilitating disease of IBTS (Irrational Bible Thumping Syndrome). Treatment for IBTS is similar to that for treatment of Ebola.

Oh, in other words when confronted with the facts you can't deny, just call me a "Bible Thumper" and run away.

Wow, that was really incisive debate that proved how atheists are soooooooooo much smarter than Christians, right?

Pathetic!

:lol:
You didn't offer any facts.

You're just another hysterical, chest-heaving religious zealot.

However, don't let that interfere with the promotion of your conspiracy theories.

I'm not presenting a theory.

I'm presenting the double standard on which atheists set their standard on the existence of God, vs. the existence of life on other planets and how life began.

These are FACTS I am presenting.

A) There is no Hard evidence that God exists.

B) There is no hard evidence for how life began

C) There is no hard evidence for life on other planets.

Given these facts I find it amusing that atheists will chuck these requirement of hard evidence when it comes to life on other planets or how life began, but requires evidence with strict limitations when it comes to the Existence of God.

The only thing I disagree with is the notion that there is no hard evidence or proof for God's existence. Existence is the hard evidence and the logical proofs for God's existence our in our minds.

Um, no but that's a nice try attempting to turn it on it's head.

Atheists do NOT want to explore how life began. You can't want to explore unless you are open to ALL theories.

But atheists refuse to explore the possibility that God created it.

They will only accept theories that preclude God. But they have NO EVIDENCE TO DO THAT.

Either to accept God or exclude him. They have no evidence at all.
Thought so.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a poster with the debilitating disease of IBTS (Irrational Bible Thumping Syndrome). Treatment for IBTS is similar to that for treatment of Ebola.

Oh, in other words when confronted with the facts you can't deny, just call me a "Bible Thumper" and run away.

Wow, that was really incisive debate that proved how atheists are soooooooooo much smarter than Christians, right?

Pathetic!

:lol:
You didn't offer any facts.

You're just another hysterical, chest-heaving religious zealot.

However, don't let that interfere with the promotion of your conspiracy theories.

I'm not presenting a theory.

I'm presenting the double standard on which atheists set their standard on the existence of God, vs. the existence of life on other planets and how life began.

These are FACTS I am presenting.

A) There is no Hard evidence that God exists.

B) There is no hard evidence for how life began

C) There is no hard evidence for life on other planets.

Given these facts I find it amusing that atheists will chuck these requirement of hard evidence when it comes to life on other planets or how life began, but requires evidence with strict limitations when it comes to the Existence of God.

The only thing I disagree with is the notion that there is no hard evidence or proof for God's existence. Existence is the hard evidence and the logical proofs for God's existence our in our minds.
That's logical proof for the existence of the Easter Bunny, too, and Nessy.

You are perfectly free to do so.

I'm merely commenting on the double standard atheists set for proof of God, vs. origins of life or life on other planets.

What double standard have I set up?

Please feel free to point that out.

The op is quite explicit.

Okay- here I will quote from it

Here's the key. Atheists are hypocrites and because of that hypocrisy not nearly as smart as they think are.

How you say?

Well, let's take the way they demand HARD EVIDENCE for God. It you can't produce "evidence" God exists, then he can't.

Show me where I have demanded hard evidence for God?

So far all you have done in this thread is rant about atheists- clearly you have some issue with persons who don't believe in your god- but that doesn't justify lying about me.

Because I am an atheist. And your OP accused me of hypocrisy.

So prove it.

Or expose yourself to be the lying hypocrite that you appear to be.

Then you admit you don't believe in God because of faith?

That would mean you don't believe in God for the same reason Christians do believe in God?

You want to go there?

You think I haven't done this before, don't you? I told you I have! :lol:

What part of me not believing in your god- or any god do you have a hard time comprehending.

You accused me of hypocrisy- prove it.

Here's the key. Atheists are hypocrites and because of that hypocrisy not nearly as smart as they think are.

How you say?

Well, let's take the way they demand HARD EVIDENCE for God. It you can't produce "evidence" God exists, then he can't.

So far all you have done in this thread is rant about atheists- clearly you have some issue with persons who don't believe in your god- but that doesn't justify lying about me.

So prove it.

Your existence and the existence of the cosmological order are the hard evidence for God's existence. That is the evidence.

Last edited:

How you say?

So prove it.

That would mean you don't believe in God for the same reason Christians do believe in God?

You want to go there?

What part of me not believing in your god- or any god do you have a hard time comprehending.

How you say?

So prove it.

You existence and the existence of the cosmological order are the hard evidence for God's existence. That is the evidence.
Nonsense.

I seek proof. God supposedly wants me to be saved. God alone knows exactly what proof I need to be convinced, yet doesn't provide said proof. Why? Why would God make me a skeptic and then damn me for my nature?

Oh, He's given you proof, along with plenty of evidence. You just don't believe it. That's all.
You're referring to Zeus, right?

Ultimately, all of the classical proofs, especially the Cosmological, are premised on the proof of the reductio ad absurdum of the irreducible mind and of the infinite regression of origin, which yields the conclusion that the necessarily highest expression of divinity is transcendent sentience and that from nothing, nothing comes.

Consciousness + From nothing, nothing comes = Creator!

Cut to the chase. Stop wasting time by allowing irrelevant objections to be raised.

Also, that's why the talk of fairies or Zeus or spaghetti monsters or whatever is so stupid. We all know, immediately intuit, because of the self-evident compound of the reductio ad absurdum of divine origin lurking in the background of our minds when we consider the idea of God, that we are not thinking or talking about mythical or imaginary things. That's why God as Creator cannot be logically ruled out. One does not start with arbitrary notions about what God might be like in terms less than the objectively highest conceivable standard of divine attribution so that the only defensible premise is unjustifiably precluded from the jump, so that the antagonist can immediately dismiss an unspecified and indefensible premise.

bette-baby-jane1.jpeg

Of course the most . . . eccentric . . . aspect of Hollie's psychological makeup is her delusion
that her incessant and never very imaginative attacks on the man constitute refutations,
demonstrations of failed arguments. Heck, if Hollie were to ever once demonstrate that she
actually grasped the ideas she
argues rages against I'd fall off my chair and concede defeat
just to positively reinforce this step in the right direction toward rational discourse. In the mean-
time, she serves as a cautionary anecdote about how not to think and argue. Besides, she's
always good for giggles and the occasional belly laugh.

You poor dear. How sad that you're left to stutter and mumble after your flaccid attempts at furthering a coherent argument have failed.

You know, Hollie, I tease you a bit, but what's wrong with just talking with me like we were real folk, you and I, because we are. Why do always talk at theists as if they were things, not real people?
Because you're not.

Well, actually, I'll admit to having a bit of fun at your expense. It doesn't take much to cause you to reassemble and shuffle your standard four paragraphs of run on sentences, twisted "reasoning", such as it is and hilariously inept attempts at making a coherent argument.

bette-baby-jane1.jpeg

Okay, Baby Jane: milk, cookies and then beddy bye, but no bedtime stories for you. They give you nightmares.

I seek proof. God supposedly wants me to be saved. God alone knows exactly what proof I need to be convinced, yet doesn't provide said proof. Why? Why would God make me a skeptic and then damn me for my nature?

Oh, He's given you proof, along with plenty of evidence. You just don't believe it. That's all.
You're referring to Zeus, right?

Ultimately, all of the classical proofs, especially the Cosmological, are premised on the proof of the reductio ad absurdum of the irreducible mind and of the infinite regression of origin, which yields the conclusion that the necessarily highest expression of divinity is transcendent sentience and that from nothing, nothing comes.

Consciousness + From nothing, nothing comes = Creator!

Cut to the chase. Stop wasting time by allowing irrelevant objections to be raised.

Also, that's why the talk of fairies or Zeus or spaghetti monsters or whatever is so stupid. We all know, immediately intuit, because of the self-evident compound of the reductio ad absurdum of divine origin lurking in the background of our minds when we consider the idea of God, that we are not thinking or talking about mythical or imaginary things. That's why God as Creator cannot be logically ruled out. One does not start with arbitrary notions about what God might be like in terms less than the objectively highest conceivable standard of divine attribution so that the only defensible premise is unjustifiably precluded from the jump, so that the antagonist can immediately dismiss an unspecified and indefensible premise.
Consciousness + From nothing, nothing comes = Superstitious nonsense of supermagical creator gawds!

How you say?

So prove it.

You want to go there?

How you say?

So prove it.

You existence and the existence of the cosmological order are the hard evidence for God's existence. That is the evidence.

So you are a lying hypocrite.

How you say?

So prove it.

You can't show me where I have demanded hard evidence for God- you just lied about me.

You are a liar and a hypocrite.

And frankly- not a real Christian.

You poor dear. How sad that you're left to stutter and mumble after your flaccid attempts at furthering a coherent argument have failed.

Because you're not.

Well, actually, I'll admit to having a bit of fun at your expense. It doesn't take much to cause you to reassemble and shuffle your standard four paragraphs of run on sentences, twisted "reasoning", such as it is and hilariously inept attempts at making a coherent argument.

bette-baby-jane1.jpeg

Okay, Baby Jane: milk, cookies and then beddy bye, but no bedtime stories for you. They give you nightmares.
It's a prescription for success: whack a hyper-religious crank with facts and they're reduced to babbling idiots.

How you say?

So prove it.

You want to go there?

How you say?

So prove it.

Your existence and the existence of the cosmological order are the hard evidence for God's existence. That is the evidence.

How you say?

So prove it.

You can't show me where I have demanded hard evidence for God- you just lied about me.

Uh . . . I think you have me confused with someone else. I didn't call you a hypocrite. I never spoken to you before. All I said to you is that your existence and the existence of the cosmological order are the hard evidence for God's existence. That is the evidence.

How you say?

So prove it.

You want to go there?

How you say?

So prove it.

How you say?

So prove it.

Uh . . . I think you have me confused with someone else. I didn't call you a hypocrite. I never spoken to you before. All I said to you is that your existence and the existence of the cosmological order are the hard evidence for God's existence. That is the evidence.

My apologies- yes- I confused you with the OP- since you responded to my OP- and your response had nothing to do with my post.

I

How you say?

So prove it.

You want to go there?

How you say?

So prove it.

How you say?

So prove it.

That is not the evidence. The objective facts of human cognition have lead humanity toward knowledge and understanding and away from fear and superstition.

Huh.. since when did saying "No thanks" amount to hypocrisy and arrogance?

You want to go there?

How you say?

So prove it.

How you say?

So prove it.

My apologies- yes- I confused you with the OP- since you responded to my OP- and your response had nothing to do with my post.

No problem. :2up: I figured something like that. But I was just pointing out what the evidence is. That's all. That's the evidence the idea of God is premised on, of course: our existence and the existence of the cosmological order. I don't agree with the OP that's there's no evidence, assuming I understand him correctly. But I think the point he's making goes to the idea that some demand evidence other than the only evidence there is, which is, of course, once again, our existence and the existence of the cosmological order. It's as simple as that.

How you say?

So prove it.

How you say?

So prove it.

No problem. :2up: I figured something like that. But I was just pointing out what the evidence is. That's all. That's the evidence the idea of God is premised on, of course: our existence and the existence of the cosmological order. I don't agree with the OP that's there's no evidence, assuming I understand him correctly. But I think the point he's making goes to the idea that some demand evidence other than the only evidence there is, which of course, once again, our existence and the existence of the cosmological order. Simply.

Five Things!!!!

No, wait. Seven Things!!!!

Er... Things!!!!!

How you say?

So prove it.

How you say?

So prove it.

No problem. :2up: I figured something like that. But I was just pointing out what the evidence is. That's all. That's the evidence the idea of God is premised on, of course: our existence and the existence of the cosmological order. I don't agree with the OP that's there's no evidence, assuming I understand him correctly. But I think the point he's making goes to the idea that some demand evidence other than the only evidence there is, which is, of course, once again, our existence and the existence of the cosmological order. It's as simple as that.
Simple solutions work for you simpletons.

How you say?

So prove it.

How you say?

So prove it.

First of all I was not arguing about evidence- I was arguing about the blanket accusation against atheists.

Secondly, your evidence is not evidence- it is your joy and wonder at the world- a wonderful thing- but not evidence of God.

Forum List

Back