The inept and corrupt federal government

More fluff pieces that misrepresent the purpose and scope of the studies. How dare the government fund art? What you presented as an exhibit of smells is in fact, a display of medieval art that involves ALL senses

They offer opinions on what the role of government should be and anything outside that opinion is deemed....waste
^ more desperate attempts to defend the absolutely indefensible. Progressives like wrongwing here spread sob stories 24x7 about the supposed hungry, homeless, and sick that need government. Well jack-ass, those billions of dollars would have solved the homeless, hungry, and uninsured problems. But I guess smelling "medieval" times is suddenly more important in the mind of a progressive, uh?

More fluff pieces that misrepresent the purpose and scope of the studies. How dare the government fund art? What you presented as an exhibit of smells is in fact, a display of medieval art that involves ALL senses

They offer opinions on what the role of government should be and anything outside that opinion is deemed....waste
^ more desperate attempts to defend the absolutely indefensible. Progressives like wrongwing here spread sob stories 24x7 about the supposed hungry, homeless, and sick that need government. Well jack-ass, those billions of dollars would have solved the homeless, hungry, and uninsured problems. But I guess smelling "medieval" times is suddenly more important in the mind of a progressive, uh?
Once again mischaracterizing the art exhibit that is trying to get you to "experience" medieval times

I get it.......art and education are above your pay grade

Once again mischaracterizing the art exhibit that is trying to get you to "experience" medieval times

So "experiencing" the stench of medieval times is more important in your limited mind that feeding hungry people, housing homeless people, and providing healthcare for sick people? Got it, nitwit.

Once again mischaracterizing the art exhibit that is trying to get you to "experience" medieval times. I get it.......art and education are above your pay grade
Let me ask you something nitwit...how would anyone even know what the medieval times smelled like?!? Nobody was even alive back then, simpleton.

And if you like art so much - why doesn't your cheap ass fund it?!? :dunno:

So "experiencing" the stench of medieval times is more important in your limited mind that feeding hungry people, housing homeless people, and providing healthcare for sick people? Got it, nitwit.

What a pathetic plea on your part

We are the wealthiest nation on earth. It is not either/or. We are capable of doing both

How dare the government fund art?
Exactly, wrongwinger. How dare the federal government engage in such trivial and frivolous pursuits with the hard-earned money of the American taxpayers. It is inconceivable, inconsiderate, immoral, and completely illegal.

No...it is what educated societies have done for centuries
No...it's not. At all. It's what smug, irrational, irresponsible societies did. And then they collapsed and died off. If progressives would actually study history and learn from it, you'd know that.

We are the wealthiest nation on earth. It is not either/or. We are capable of doing both
Clearly we're not, nitwit. As we're $20 trillion in debt and still have millions of people either hungry, homeless, or uninsured. Any other stupid things you'd like to say?

Clearly we're not, nitwit. As we're $20 trillion in debt and still have millions of people either hungry, homeless, or uninsured. Any other stupid things you'd like to say?

Why would you measure wealth by debt?

We have a GDP of $18 trillion a year and national assets in excess of $125 trillion

What a pathetic plea on your part. We are the wealthiest nation on earth.
So again I ask...why don't you fund it? You're the one who wants it. Are you too greedy and too cheap to share what you have? :dunno:

By that logic...if you want schools, why don't YOU fund them?
If you support a war....Why don't YOU fund them
If you want a police force...Why don't YOU fund them

We have a GDP of $18 trillion a year and national assets in excess of $125 trillion
Another shining example of the profound progressive failure to grasp even basic economics. One cannot eat "assets" chief. One cannot receive healthcare from "assets".

Furthermore, why do we have $20 trillion in debt if we have all of these assets?!? Why not just liquidate the assets rather than leveraging our future by selling bonds and making our enemy (China) very wealthy at our own expense?!? :dunno:

Seriously brother, the further down the rabbit hole you go, the worse you are making things on yourself. You're trying to defend something which cannot be defended (it's like trying to defend child molestation and make the case that it's ok).

So again I ask...why don't you fund it? You're the one who wants it. Are you too greedy and too cheap to share what you have? :dunno:

Police departments are not federal, cupcake. :lmao:

As far as war, defense is the Constitutional responsibility of the federal government. That's why.

As far as education - you're proving my point. Like police departments, it's not supposed to be federal. Sadly though, your side of the aisle as broken the law and made it so.

So I ask yet again - if you support something so frivolous as art, why don't you fund it?

Another shining example of the profound progressive failure to grasp even basic economics. One cannot eat "assets" chief. One cannot receive healthcare from "assets".

Furthermore, why do we have $20 trillion in debt if we have all of these assets?!? Why not just liquidate the assets rather than leveraging our future by selling bonds and making our enemy (China) very wealthy at our own expense?!? :dunno:

Seriously brother, the further down the rabbit hole you go, the worse you are making things on yourself. You're trying to defend something which cannot be defended (it's like trying to defend child molestation and make the case that it's ok).
That money was borrowed at low rates and is invested in America for stuff we think we really need - more jet fighters, better nuclear bombs, huge numbers of troops, the conquest of Iraq and Afghanistan ... and some health care and food for people who really need it, transportation, etc.

Is China our enemy?

Police departments are not federal, cupcake. :lmao:

As far as war, defense is the Constitutional responsibility of the federal government. That's why.

As far as education - you're proving my point. Like police departments, it's not supposed to be federal. Sadly though, your side of the aisle as broken the law and made it so.

So I ask yet again - if you support something so frivolous as art, why don't you fund it?
We have federal police, such as the FBI. We also have a federal justice system, which shouldn't have to be called out individually, cupcake.

Defense is certainly federal, but that doesn't mean we need what we have today.

When our economy moved from agriculture to manufacturing, corporations needed more than 8th grade education. So, we made high school mandatory and provided it for free. Today, we're moving past manufacturing to compete with other nations in information, innovation, high tech, etc. For that, corporations need more than high school.

Today, education is a national defense issue, as without a strong economy we lose the ability to move other nations on the grounds of our economic power - leaving us more dependent on the threat of war as our only defense. Also, losing our economic position means we can't afford the military we have (as if we can afford it now!!).

Arguing these issues purely on the basis of some sort of constitutional absolutism is nice as a test, but let's not forget that we are 5% of the world and our position in this world is more dependent on our economy than on our military.

I remember well an elementary teacher talking about the stench of the medieval European cities. Maybe medieval historians stress that in their lessons for a reason. In any case I remember that lesson as well as I do the battle of Antietam.

I remember well an elementary teacher talking about the stench of the medieval European cities. Maybe medieval historians stress that in their lessons for a reason. In any case I remember that lesson as well as I do the battle of Antietam.
American cities were cesspools, too.

Read about the problems with horse poop in our larger cities before cars took over - a problem that was WAY out of control.

Forum List

Back