The Lame Liberal Excuse For Acquiring I.D.,"It's Too Far To Drive To Get A Photo ID"

Sure just add the DMV to the mix, poll workers to verify ID, Lists made to verify those people and insure they get to the polling station by vote day.

What could go wrong?

Too many chefs spoil the dish...thats what

the same group that is squawking about voter ID is having a conniption about this

obama-rodeo-clown.jpg

I sign my name when I vote

Where is the fraud in that?

And what do you plan to do when someone has gotten there first and signed it before you.

How often does that happen, how effective is this type of ‘fraud’ in changing the outcome of a given election, and were are the data in support of that…

When you have objective, documented evidence proving that voter ‘fraud’ by identity is changing the outcomes of elections, you’ll be in a position to demand voter ID laws.

And what do you plan to do when someone has gotten there first and signed it before you.

How often does that happen, how effective is this type of ‘fraud’ in changing the outcome of a given election, and were are the data in support of that…

When you have objective, documented evidence proving that voter ‘fraud’ by identity is changing the outcomes of elections, you’ll be in a position to demand voter ID laws.

I have been asked for ID every time I have voted since I was 18. I don't see why you and your ilk have such a problem with that. I think a nice lawsuit against the election commission of a county or state would be enlightening for people like you.

if an individual doesn't have any form of ID? how does he/she get access to cash? in other words, going to the bank. someone needs to explain to liberals that if by this time, 2013, an individual who has no papers to acquire any kind of photo ID is an illegal alien!
Richard, please, for the love of God, why are you pursuing this when it won't help in any way to curb the voter fraud that does exist, but will take away the civil rights of citizens of the United States?

WHY do you want this measure, other than for the disenfranchisement of US Citizen's right to vote for whomm they choose to represent them? THAT'S CALLED CHEATING....making your vote count more than it should....by preventing legal citizens from voting due to the hurdles you are trying to make these underprivileged (for the most part) citizens jump through hoops that the ''credentialed'' citizens don't have to go through?

AND 21,000,000 people, of voting age, in the USA do not have a gvt issued photo ID....yes that's 21 MILLION LEGAL CITIZENS....

You obviously have no conception of what life is like being poor by your comments above....many of these people DON'T have a checking or savings account....why do you think there are so many 'paycheck cashing places' that take a percentage to cash these checks in poorer neighborhoods? Have you ever helped the poor or been around them? again, seriously?

These poor people have identification that they used in states that had voter id's required at the polls, but all they had to show was a recent phone bill or electric bill with their name on it, or their voter id card, or their social security card, or a paycheck stub with their name on it....WHY ISN'T THAT KIND OF ID STILL GOOD ENOUGH? WHY do you insist that this is not good enough to stop the fraud that you IMAGINE a photo id will take care of...?

YOU SIMPLY WANT to disenfranchise citizens of the United States by making it more difficult for them to vote, verses the average Joe with a car!!!

THAT'S just plain WRONG, in so many ways Richard and all of you need to stand up to the politicians that have worked hard to fool you in to believing this is a good thing and will stop fraud. IT WON'T stop the fraud, but it will rkeep Democratic and some republican citizens from voting.

If you are worried about illegals, a voter id won't stop that...shoot many of our states allow illegals to get driver's licenses...they would have a voter ID, a gvt issued photo id and this wouldn't stop them...they need to be vetted in the registration process...they need to be not given a voter's registration card in the first place...the id at the polls won't stop them from voting....

and what about the dead people.....they need to be removed from the voter registration rolls when they die...how hard is that in this day and age of computers? Not at all hard.

and absentee voting needs more scrutiny, to prevent someone else from doing such in your name....

and we need to tie State systems together, to stop those living in 2 states from voting twice....a photo id won't stop that at all...these people have Maine driver's licenses and Florida driver's licenses etc.

And what about electronic voting....THERE IS NO PAPER TRAIL for it....to me that is sickening and begging for fraud to occur...I mean, what the heck? No paper trail for all of those mandatory electronic voting machines?

We are all being fooled and a "slight of hand" is occurring right before our eyes...the politicians have us arguing over gvt issued photo id's while the fox is in the hen house with all of these other ways of cheating, like the electronic voting without a trail.... the dead people left on the voter rolls....

Please, let's not let the politicians make us all argue over this as if our life depended on it, while the real fraud is taking place....in so many other ways, of which none would be curbed by a voter ID.

Care

:eusa_boohoo:
Awee, Boo Hoo Hoo, we can't get I.D.'s to vote in the 2014/2016 elections because it's just too far to get to our local main street/government center complex.
Right? isn't that the first excuse we all hear when a liberal commentator is asked about this issue?
Did anyone see Alan Colmes on O'Reilly last night? He said something like, "Hundreds and Hundreds" of miles to get to the destination to acquire any kind of legal I.D.
Hundreds? as in the width of Texas? God, if you live 200/300 miles of your nearest town center, you probably are either unemployed, and living in a tent, or an illegal alien hiding out where no one will find you.
:cow:
And libs always have a hard time answering the question, well, they still have over a year to get the proper I.D.'s to vote, so what is the F******ing Problem in getting registered?
Yet, Republicans, Independents, and Conservatives never seem to have a problem getting their I.D.s in tact and getting registered in time. Right?:up:

The left is saying that minorities are too fucking irresponsible to figure out how to get an ID. They are only able to get sub prime loans, welfare, gold teeth, tattoos and other stuff. They supposedly have a fear of going into government buildings. The left just keeps digging up more and more excuses why Democrat minorities can't handle grown up tasks like the rest of us. The Republican minorities have their shit together and haven't complained about voter ID. It's definitely a problem limited to the liberal minorities.

Of course, the left is being incredibly insulting to liberal minorities for good reason. They need to use them as an excuse to allow illegals to vote. Their careers depend on it.

A recent poll showed just how much support the liberals have from illegal aliens. That is the sole reason why they need them to vote and why IDs would really make life difficult.

Last edited:
Awee, Boo Hoo Hoo, we can't get I.D.'s to vote in the 2014/2016 elections because it's just too far to get to our local main street/government center complex.
Right? isn't that the first excuse we all hear when a liberal commentator is asked about this issue?
Did anyone see Alan Colmes on O'Reilly last night? He said something like, "Hundreds and Hundreds" of miles to get to the destination to acquire any kind of legal I.D.
Hundreds? as in the width of Texas? God, if you live 200/300 miles of your nearest town center, you probably are either unemployed, and living in a tent, or an illegal alien hiding out where no one will find you.
And libs always have a hard time answering the question, well, they still have over a year to get the proper I.D.'s to vote, so what is the F******ing Problem in getting registered?
Yet, Republicans, Independents, and Conservatives never seem to have a problem getting their I.D.s in tact and getting registered in time. Right?:up:

The left is saying that minorities are too fucking irresponsible to figure out how to get an ID. They are only able to get sub prime loans, welfare, gold teeth, tattoos and other stuff. They supposedly have a fear of going into government buildings, so they are too scared to go in and ask for an ID. I have heard every conceivable excuse. The left gets pretty creative with trying to dig for more reasons why minorities can't do grown up things like the rest of us.

A recent poll showed just how much support the liberals have from illegal aliens. That is the sole reason why they need them to vote and why IDs would really make life difficult.
sigh...boring crapola there Clementine....same ole same ole thoughtless partisan tripe....don't you ever get tired of being a pawn?

What fraud will it stop having a gvt issued photo id? Illegals have the gvt issued photo id.....they have driver's licenses

IF YOU TRULY want to stop illegals from voting then you need to make certain they are vetted out in the registration process, NOT AFTER you have sent them a voters reg card....don't put them on the rolls in the first place silly fool.

YOU are for the disenfranchisement of 21 million legal citizens who do not drive...YOU are trying to CHEAT through the elimination of legal citizen's vote, to make your vote worth more....

not 1 single legal citizen should be deprived of their legal right to vote, period! Do you stand by that?

Last edited:
Not having an ID to vote isn't the only complaint against Voter ID laws. The other issue, which I believe is a larger issue, is people who have IDs that don't match where they want to vote.

Now, for those of you who don't think voter fraud is happening I have a scenario.

A year before the election a person moves from one county to another. For whatever reason they didn't register to vote in the new county. On election day they go to the old county polling location, where they are still registered and vote.

Is this voter fraud?

No it's not.

In Florida it is. The law states a person must vote in the precinct where they reside.

I would assume it would be fraud in most states as well.

It's a 3rd degree felony in FL to vote in a precinct where you don't legally reside.

And yet people do it all the time.

if an individual doesn't have any form of ID? how does he/she get access to cash? in other words, going to the bank. someone needs to explain to liberals that if by this time, 2013, an individual who has no papers to acquire any kind of photo ID is an illegal alien!
Richard, please, for the love of God, why are you pursuing this when it won't help in any way to curb the voter fraud that does exist, but will take away the civil rights of citizens of the United States?

WHY do you want this measure, other than for the disenfranchisement of US Citizen's right to vote for whomm they choose to represent them? THAT'S CALLED CHEATING....making your vote count more than it should....by preventing legal citizens from voting due to the hurdles you are trying to make these underprivileged (for the most part) citizens jump through hoops that the ''credentialed'' citizens don't have to go through?

AND 21,000,000 people, of voting age, in the USA do not have a gvt issued photo ID....yes that's 21 MILLION LEGAL CITIZENS....

You obviously have no conception of what life is like being poor by your comments above....many of these people DON'T have a checking or savings account....why do you think there are so many 'paycheck cashing places' that take a percentage to cash these checks in poorer neighborhoods? Have you ever helped the poor or been around them? again, seriously?

These poor people have identification that they used in states that had voter id's required at the polls, but all they had to show was a recent phone bill or electric bill with their name on it, or their voter id card, or their social security card, or a paycheck stub with their name on it....WHY ISN'T THAT KIND OF ID STILL GOOD ENOUGH? WHY do you insist that this is not good enough to stop the fraud that you IMAGINE a photo id will take care of...?

YOU SIMPLY WANT to disenfranchise citizens of the United States by making it more difficult for them to vote, verses the average Joe with a car!!!

THAT'S just plain WRONG, in so many ways Richard and all of you need to stand up to the politicians that have worked hard to fool you in to believing this is a good thing and will stop fraud. IT WON'T stop the fraud, but it will rkeep Democratic and some republican citizens from voting.

If you are worried about illegals, a voter id won't stop that...shoot many of our states allow illegals to get driver's licenses...they would have a voter ID, a gvt issued photo id and this wouldn't stop them...they need to be vetted in the registration process...they need to be not given a voter's registration card in the first place...the id at the polls won't stop them from voting....

and what about the dead people.....they need to be removed from the voter registration rolls when they die...how hard is that in this day and age of computers? Not at all hard.

and absentee voting needs more scrutiny, to prevent someone else from doing such in your name....

and we need to tie State systems together, to stop those living in 2 states from voting twice....a photo id won't stop that at all...these people have Maine driver's licenses and Florida driver's licenses etc.

And what about electronic voting....THERE IS NO PAPER TRAIL for it....to me that is sickening and begging for fraud to occur...I mean, what the heck? No paper trail for all of those mandatory electronic voting machines?

We are all being fooled and a "slight of hand" is occurring right before our eyes...the politicians have us arguing over gvt issued photo id's while the fox is in the hen house with all of these other ways of cheating, like the electronic voting without a trail.... the dead people left on the voter rolls....

Please, let's not let the politicians make us all argue over this as if our life depended on it, while the real fraud is taking place....in so many other ways, of which none would be curbed by a voter ID.

Care

That is patently wrong. Anyone who gets government assistance MUST have a bank account because it is ALL direct deposit now. And they had to have ID to get a bank account. They also had to have ID to get government assistance. And even in the days when they didn't have to have an account check cashing places required ID that matched the name on the check.

If you still receive a paper check for your Social Security or other federal benefit payments, you are out of compliance with the law. The Treasury Department requires federal benefit payments to be made electronically

http://www.fms.treas.gov/godirect/

Try again because you posted that screed and still lost.

Last edited:
The problem with voter ID laws is that more legitimate voters will be blocked from voting than people trying to vote under another name

But that is the intent of Republicans

You must have data on how often that happens

Let me give you a start......never

It is easier to fake ID than it is to fake a signature

There has never been a signature on the book for comparison when I vote. The name is typed in and you sign next to it.

Reyna Almanza and her son strolled into the Progreso, Texas, school board election in 2009 just like 1,100 of their neighbors, cast their ballots and left. But hours later Almanza took her son back to the polls, where he used his incarcerated brother's name to vote a second time, breaking election laws and landing both mother and son in court.

Metcalfe said the number of voter fraud cases that are prosecuted are only a sliver of the fraud taking place because there is no system in place to detect fraud. His voter ID law aims to do just that.

Voter Fraud: It's Real, But Rare - ABC News

but for a gun id they don't care where you have to drive or how many different places you have to drive to. want a back ground check including your medical history. wnat to know the medical history of your family and might even still deny you

There has never been a signature on the book for comparison when I vote. The name is typed in and you sign next to it.

Reyna Almanza and her son strolled into the Progreso, Texas, school board election in 2009 just like 1,100 of their neighbors, cast their ballots and left. But hours later Almanza took her son back to the polls, where he used his incarcerated brother's name to vote a second time, breaking election laws and landing both mother and son in court.

Metcalfe said the number of voter fraud cases that are prosecuted are only a sliver of the fraud taking place because there is no system in place to detect fraud. His voter ID law aims to do just that.

Voter Fraud: It's Real, But Rare - ABC News

Research commissioned by the Pew Center on the States highlights the extent of the challenge:

*Approximately 24 million—one of every eight—voter registrations in the United States are no longer valid or are significantly inaccurate.

*More than 1.8 million deceased individuals are listed as voters.

*Approximately 2.75 million people have registrations in more than one state.

*True The Vote recently found 99 cases of potential felony interstate voter fraud.
Maryland affiliates of True The Vote uncovered cases of people registering and voting after their respective deaths.
This year, True The Vote uncovered more than 348,000 dead people on the rolls in 27 states.

California: 49,000
Florida: 30,000
Texas: 28,500
Michigan: 25,000
Illinois: 24,000

*12 Indiana counties have more registered voters than residents.

*The Ohio Secretary of State admitted that multiple Ohio counties have more registered voters than residents.

*Federal records showed 160 counties in 19 states have over 100 percent voter registration.

*The Florida New Majority Education Fund, Democratic Party of Florida and the National Council of La Raza are currently under investigation for alleged voter registration fraud.

Florida Democratic Party, two liberal groups accused in mysterious complaints of voter-registration fraud | Naked Politics

>>>>Voter ID is a no-brainer.<<<<

Like I've been telling you all along, it is virtually impossible to get a Vote Fraud conviction in this Country.

Yeah, we destroyed the scumbag-in-chief's old group ACORN, but nobody went to prison that I know of.

All you gotta do is plead ignorance.

And maybe that's okay. If a person really is ignorant of the rules, if a person moves from one Precinct to another but goes back to his/her old Precinct to vote and doesn't think he's doing anything wrong.... Is that really Vote Fraud?

Yes, but you can't get a conviction on it so nobody bothers.

Unless you're a Republican. Then they do.

But, if you show a phony ID, THAT IS ABSOLUTE PROOF OF INTENT TO DEFRAUD.

You can not wiggle out of that. And you're going to Prison.

Fraud is THE most difficult crime to prove on the books. VERY difficult to prove.

Maybe Perjury is up there with it, but with Perjury, it's all recorded and sworn.

Fraud? Very difficult to prove fraud. Almost impossible. Ask any Attorney.

And 'Stupid' isn't a crime. All you gotta do is plead 'stupid' and you're off the hook.

Forum List

Back