The Most Disgusting Song of All Time

Ugh, I know right. That is the kind of thing we need to watch, it is utter brainwashing our children.

Have you see this one?

'Yes We Can' - A Beautiful Song Proving Dreams Can Really Co - YouTube

Uhhhhhggggg...

....there goes my appetite....

Exactly. My point is that these songs have an indoctrinating effect, where John Lennon's songs have a soothing and thoughtful effect for many people. His songs had to be sought out. Although, I understand the point of your OP.

These other "songs", (and I say that with all due respect to real music), have a brainwashing affect on our children and the adult moronic masses, like those who re in hollywood feeling all self righteous and stuff. In your face all over the internet for their god obama

You know who I really feel sorry for?

The dummies who named their children "Barack"....

...it's gonna be like wearing a "kick me" sign their whole lives.

"Nobody Names Their Baby 'Barack' Anymore

149 kids named Barack from 2008-2010
Nobody Names Their Baby 'Barack' Anymore - Eric Randall - The Atlantic Wire

Be advised....it is due to the Republicans that women have the vote in this great nation.

Too simplistic - almost moronically so.

Be advised: even in the late teens and early twenties, money talked and bullshit walked. Accordingly, it was due to progressives and to the big money interests served by integrating women into the voting pool ...that women won the right to vote.

Nothing to say about the fags though? :dunno:

I don't mind teaching a moron.....get a pencil and paper.

1. It was a Republican who introduced what became the 19th Amendment, women’s suffrage. On May 21, 1919, U.S. Representative James R. Mann (1856-1922), a Republican from Illinois and chairman of the Suffrage Committee, proposed the House resolution to approve the Susan Anthony Amendment granting women the right to vote. The measure passed the House 304-89—a full 42 votes above the required two-thirds majority. 19th Amendment ? History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

2. The 1919 vote in the House of Representatives was possible because Republicans had retaken control of the House. Attempts to get it passed through Democrat-controlled Congresses had failed.

3. The Senate vote was approved only after a Democrat filibuster; and 82% of the Republican Senators voted for it….and 54% of the Democrats.

4. 26 of the 36 states that ratified the 19th Amendment had Republican legislatures.

5. Two weeks later, on June 4, 1919, the Senate passed the 19th Amendment by two votes over its two-thirds required majority, 56-25. The amendment was then sent to the states for ratification. Within six days of the ratification cycle, Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin each ratified the amendment. Kansas, New York and Ohio followed on June 16, 1919. By March of the following year, a total of 35 states had approved the amendment, one state shy of the two-thirds required for ratification. Southern states were adamantly opposed to the amendment, however, and seven of them—Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, South Carolina and Virginia—had already rejected it before Tennessee's vote on August 18, 1920. It was up to Tennessee to tip the scale for woman suffrage. Op. Cit.

6. The outlook appeared bleak, given the outcomes in other Southern states and given the position of Tennessee's state legislators in their 48-48 tie. The state's decision came down to 23-year-old Representative Harry T. Burn (1895-1977), a Republican from McMinn County, to cast the deciding vote. Although Burn opposed the amendment, his mother convinced him to approve it. (Mrs. Burn reportedly wrote to her son: "Don't forget to be a good boy and help Mrs. Catt put the 'rat' in ratification.") With Burn's vote, the 19th Amendment was ratified. Certification by U.S. Secretary of State Bainbridge Colby (1869-1950) followed on August 26, 1920. Op. Cit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK6KrImNY2A]This Thread Sucks But Here's A Killer Jam - YouTube[/ame]

"Was John Lennon a secret Reagan Republican? You know what? I think the answer's probably no. But why let that get in the way of the delicious schadenfreude I'm feeling right now over the recent claims by his former personal assistant Fred Seaman – and the apparent discomfort it is causing lefties."

This is your noble "out" after using the words of a convicted thief as support for one of the points in your OP.

Another politicalchic failed OP. Who's got the fork?

".... the delicious schadenfreude I'm feeling right now over ...the apparent discomfort it is causing lefties."

Busted...you dunce.

"Was John Lennon a secret Reagan Republican? You know what? I think the answer's probably no. But why let that get in the way of the delicious schadenfreude I'm feeling right now over the recent claims by his former personal assistant Fred Seaman – and the apparent discomfort it is causing lefties."

This is your noble "out" after using the words of a convicted thief as support for one of the points in your OP.

Another politicalchic failed OP. Who's got the fork?

".... the delicious schadenfreude I'm feeling right now over ...the apparent discomfort it is causing lefties."

Busted...you dunce.

:lol::lol: @ you trying to save face

lol, someone who is supporting him doesn't even believe in his words. now that is fail

Our pal G.T. has trouble with the English language...and all other ones,too....

...didn't he say "Never said I belied in his words."

That means he never said he disagreed with, contradicted, the words in Lennon's song....

be·lie
biˈlī/Submit
verb
(of an appearance) fail to give a true notion or impression of (something); disguise or contradict.
"his lively alert manner belied his years"
synonyms: contradict, be at odds with, call into question, show/prove to be false, disprove, debunk, discredit, controvert, negate; More

The poor boy......

....should have stayed in school beyond the third grade.....

:lol: @ writing an entire post based on an obvious typo.

#walloftext

I was reading it in English.....

....isn't that what you had in mind?

OMG!!! I said mind in connection with your post!!!!

Funny, huh?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4siKr6qY8w]Toronto mayor Rob Ford says he gets enough pussy to eat at home - YouTube[/ame]

This is very ironic in a sense. Do those who hate "Imagine" also hate all the Christian hymns that are about peace, hope and the Utopian heaven?

How do you like this one:

Dare to be a Daniel, Dare to stand alone
Dare to have a purpose firm, Dare to make it known!
From From the hymn “Hold the Fort!” First Congregational Church of Chicago, Illinois.

One of my favs.

I try to live by it.

You find it less than important that Liberals/progressives/Leftists wish to end our sovereignty, dispense with the religious basis for the founding of this great nation, endorse private morality based on some warped moral equivalency?

And you present no cogent argument for same?

Gee...you must be some sort of dunce, huh?

Please number your discussion points. I cannot respond until this happens.

Thank you for your anticipated compliance.

Did you actually believe that this obfuscation attempt

a) was like humor....only different

or

b) hid the fact that you still haven't found a way to answer my post.

I kinda like how I eviscerated you, here:

"You find it less than important that Liberals/progressives/Leftists wish to end our sovereignty, dispense with the religious basis for the founding of this great nation, endorse private morality based on some warped moral equivalency?

And you present no cogent argument for same?

Gee...you must be some sort of dunce, huh?"

Dunce.

Fail. I requested numbering. You used a lettering system. Please go back and correct.

1262055260350.jpg

Be advised....it is due to the Republicans that women have the vote in this great nation.

Too simplistic - almost moronically so.

Be advised: even in the late teens and early twenties, money talked and bullshit walked. Accordingly, it was due to progressives and to the big money interests served by integrating women into the voting pool ...that women won the right to vote.

Nothing to say about the fags though? :dunno:

I don't mind teaching a moron.....get a pencil and paper.

1. It was a Republican who introduced what became the 19th Amendment, women’s suffrage. On May 21, 1919, U.S. Representative James R. Mann (1856-1922), a Republican from Illinois and chairman of the Suffrage Committee, proposed the House resolution to approve the Susan Anthony Amendment granting women the right to vote. The measure passed the House 304-89—a full 42 votes above the required two-thirds majority. 19th Amendment ? History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

2. The 1919 vote in the House of Representatives was possible because Republicans had retaken control of the House. Attempts to get it passed through Democrat-controlled Congresses had failed.

3. The Senate vote was approved only after a Democrat filibuster; and 82% of the Republican Senators voted for it….and 54% of the Democrats.

4. 26 of the 36 states that ratified the 19th Amendment had Republican legislatures.

5. Two weeks later, on June 4, 1919, the Senate passed the 19th Amendment by two votes over its two-thirds required majority, 56-25. The amendment was then sent to the states for ratification. Within six days of the ratification cycle, Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin each ratified the amendment. Kansas, New York and Ohio followed on June 16, 1919. By March of the following year, a total of 35 states had approved the amendment, one state shy of the two-thirds required for ratification. Southern states were adamantly opposed to the amendment, however, and seven of them—Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, South Carolina and Virginia—had already rejected it before Tennessee's vote on August 18, 1920. It was up to Tennessee to tip the scale for woman suffrage. Op. Cit.

6. The outlook appeared bleak, given the outcomes in other Southern states and given the position of Tennessee's state legislators in their 48-48 tie. The state's decision came down to 23-year-old Representative Harry T. Burn (1895-1977), a Republican from McMinn County, to cast the deciding vote. Although Burn opposed the amendment, his mother convinced him to approve it. (Mrs. Burn reportedly wrote to her son: "Don't forget to be a good boy and help Mrs. Catt put the 'rat' in ratification.") With Burn's vote, the 19th Amendment was ratified. Certification by U.S. Secretary of State Bainbridge Colby (1869-1950) followed on August 26, 1920. Op. Cit.

That's a lot of effort to be wrong.

"You know what? I think the answer's probably no. But why let that get in the way of the delicious schadenfreude I'm feeling right now over the recent claims by his former personal assistant Fred Seaman – and the apparent discomfort it is causing lefties."

:lol: @ she cut it at "but"

So....where did you get the full article?

Oh...right....I gave you the link.

So....as you still have no answer.....

...is this your pathetic attempt to become relevant?

To pretend that that you actually understood the OP?

Which is it?

The point is that you can go anywhere in the world and people know the words of John Lennon and what he wanted to say to the world. His music has been loved and continues to be loved by millions since he first appeared and long after he has gone. Maybe tens of millions. Maybe hundreds of millions. Maybe as time goes by, billions. He had a tremendous impact on the world. Unlike the temporary impacts world leaders have, John Lennon will continue to have an impact on the world. That is what happens with art. It lives on after the artist dies. The artist name may live on, and his or her's work may live on, and some written works may live on, but the message of those artist can become changed and forgotten with time. Poetry and music can go on forever. The message of a song can go on forever. John Lennon put his feeling into poetry and song. His feelings will continue to influence the beliefs and opinions of countless people far into the future. Not many in world history have ever gained that claim and status. Perhaps you can or someone else can name some. That would be an interesting debate.

Seems you failed to understand the import of the OP.....

It isn't about his musical ability.

"The message of a song can go on forever."

Seems not. Lennon himself disagreed with it.

I understand you do not understand art. I am an artist. Many works I created long ago do not make me happy. You create what you are feeling at the time. You can look at your art and wish you had done something different. You can make new art that incorporates your changed feelings. That does not mean you throw out the older piece. If the older piece makes people happy and they like it, so be it.
You are attempting to brand a persons art to having significance to people of a specific political viewpoint and ideology. The song is about a dream, a what if, a thought.

Forum List

Back