🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The MyPillow Guy really could destroy democracy

You are a very slow learner, but you ARE learning. When GWB asked "is our children learning?" - the answer is a definite ... "Have you met Tooby? YES THEY IS!!" :D
DrLove
How is it helping the cause of education to change the rules and meanings of words, where these are all relative and DEPEND on individual preference?

When marriage doesn't mean one man marrying one woman, and "man and woman" no longer mean biological sex, but now there are over 60 INTERNAL "gender" designations that are UP TO INDIVIDUALS to choose, along with ANY FORM of PRONOUNS, including "zher/zheir" or reversing her/him according to individual preference.

Or demanding that people DROP "Latino" and use "Latinx," or DROP gender references to boys/girls, sons/daughters, etc.

Can we really expect nothing but confusion, disdain and distrust for authority, etc., when such mixed messages and signals are being fed through media and political narratives?

Which is the worst threat to undermine American traditions and social standards?

Again, I believe both the problem and solution involve establishing common agreement WHAT constitutes personal private religion, beliefs and preferences, and WHAT constitutes public rules, process and standards of protections.

DrLove when whole groups are crossing that line, and in effect abusing party and govt to "establish faith based beliefs" -- that is where you are right to raise objections and concerns.

Not out of FEAR but from MUTUAL respect for laws that would stop all such abuses and fear thereof!

Sorry if my English isn't perfect either.
I am much more lax when typing by phone on message boards or media, where I am more focused on connecting on likeminded principles, and will save the grammar nitpicking AFTER we reach agreement and can formally write up resolutions for formal presentation.

That part will come later, and yes, we should use proper language.

If we can align on principles first, I trust this will improve communications; and all the necessary corrections will follow.

Thank you, DrLove!

What do you mean he had? He still has got it and it will be on display for cyber experts to scrutinize very soon.
The evidence he's given as "proof" so far has been meaningless.

Lindell doesn't have the slightest idea what he's doing. His statements are meaningless.

Great piece from Anne Applebaum. MrPillow is a frothing blend of conspiracy theories and perpetual victimhood. It is of little surprise that he gets along so famously with Trump.

When you contemplate the end of democracy in America, what kind of person do you think will bring it about? Maybe you picture a sinister billionaire in a bespoke suit, slipping brown envelopes to politicians. Maybe your nightmare is a rogue general, hijacking the nuclear football. Maybe you think of a jackbooted thug leading a horde of men in white sheets, all carrying burning crosses.​
Here is what you probably don’t imagine: an affable, self-made midwesterner, one of those goofy businessmen who makes his own infomercials. A recovered crack addict, no less, who laughs good-naturedly when jokes are made at his expense. A man who will talk to anyone willing to listen (and to many who aren’t). A philanthropist. A good boss. A patriot—or so he says—who may well be doing more damage to American democracy than anyone since Jefferson Davis.​
I met Mike Lindell, the CEO of MyPillow, in the recording studio that occupies the basement of Steve Bannon’s stately Capitol Hill townhouse, a few blocks from the Supreme Court—the same Supreme Court that will, according to Lindell, decide “9–0” in favor of reinstating Donald Trump to the presidency sometime in August, or possibly September. I made it through the entirety of the Trump presidency without once having to meet Bannon but here he was, recording his War Room podcast with Lindell. Bannon has been decomposing in front of our eyes for some years now, and I can report that this process continues to take its course. I walked in during a break and the two men immediately gestured to me to join the conversation, sit at the table with them, listen in on headphones. I demurred. “Anne Applebaum … hmm,” Bannon said. “Should’ve stuck to writing books. Gulag was a great book. How long did it take you to write it?”​

Continued:

Why isn't this in 'Political Satire'? Then entire post is rife with highly emotional yet colorful insults and attempted character assassination of Mr. Lindell, something one might see on CNN...if ANYONE actually watched CNN any more. It is a flowing diatribe of humorous personal thoughts, anecdotes, and TDS, butt-hurt, 'Orange Man Bad' musings, devoid of fact and any valuable contribution to intelligent discussion. It's like some article you would fin in the Readers Digest left in some elderly person's bathroom, intended to be reading material to pass the time while you 'do your business'....and then use in place of the TP if there turns out not to be any.

Sorry dude, but comparing the sacking of a CVS to sacking the seat of our democracy is a false equivalency. Did they leave it in flames? No, but they caused millions in damages, injured 150 cops, and traumatized hundreds of people.

Four Cap Cops committed suicide in the aftermath, but I'm sure you will stick to your "tourist, peaceful patriot - feet up on desk" delusions.
The Capital Building isn’t “the seat” of our democracy. We don’t live in a democracy at all, we live in a representative republic. The Capital Building is an office building for the people we elect to represent us. It’s no more sacred than any other federal office building. Our republic isn’t buildings, or cops or even elected officials, it’s the people. You and the people like you miss the simple fact that the government doesn’t rule the people, the people rule the government. The Bill of Rights was put into the Constitution to make that plain. The people elected or hired to work for the government are our servants, not our masters. The government was supposed to fear the citizens, that’s the way it was designed. I personally believe the citizens who forced their way into the Capital were wrong and those who damaged public property should receive a fair trial and if convicted be punished. But Thomas Jefferson said it best “from time to time the tree of Liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants.” The people who went to DC on the sixth were demonstrating to express their belief that the election wasn’t fair, they weren’t committing an insurrection. There was far less violence and property damage than during the leftist demonstrations of 2019.

Why isn't this in 'Political Satire'? Then entire post is rife with highly emotional yet colorful insults and attempted character assassination of Mr. Lindell, something one might see on CNN...if ANYONE actually watched CNN any more. It is a flowing diatribe of humorous personal thoughts, anecdotes, and TDS, butt-hurt, 'Orange Man Bad' musings, devoid of fact and any valuable contribution to intelligent discussion. It's like some article you would fin in the Readers Digest left in some elderly person's bathroom, intended to be reading material to pass the time while you 'do your business'....and then use in place of the TP if there turns out not to be any.

Yes, that must be why she's a Pulitzer recipient and you aren't. ;)

Great piece from Anne Applebaum. MrPillow is a frothing blend of conspiracy theories and perpetual victimhood. It is of little surprise that he gets along so famously with Trump.

When you contemplate the end of democracy in America, what kind of person do you think will bring it about? Maybe you picture a sinister billionaire in a bespoke suit, slipping brown envelopes to politicians. Maybe your nightmare is a rogue general, hijacking the nuclear football. Maybe you think of a jackbooted thug leading a horde of men in white sheets, all carrying burning crosses.​
Here is what you probably don’t imagine: an affable, self-made midwesterner, one of those goofy businessmen who makes his own infomercials. A recovered crack addict, no less, who laughs good-naturedly when jokes are made at his expense. A man who will talk to anyone willing to listen (and to many who aren’t). A philanthropist. A good boss. A patriot—or so he says—who may well be doing more damage to American democracy than anyone since Jefferson Davis.​
I met Mike Lindell, the CEO of MyPillow, in the recording studio that occupies the basement of Steve Bannon’s stately Capitol Hill townhouse, a few blocks from the Supreme Court—the same Supreme Court that will, according to Lindell, decide “9–0” in favor of reinstating Donald Trump to the presidency sometime in August, or possibly September. I made it through the entirety of the Trump presidency without once having to meet Bannon but here he was, recording his War Room podcast with Lindell. Bannon has been decomposing in front of our eyes for some years now, and I can report that this process continues to take its course. I walked in during a break and the two men immediately gestured to me to join the conversation, sit at the table with them, listen in on headphones. I demurred. “Anne Applebaum … hmm,” Bannon said. “Should’ve stuck to writing books. Gulag was a great book. How long did it take you to write it?”​

Continued:

So a guy who makes pillows scares you.

got it

Yes, that must be why she's a Pulitzer recipient and you aren't. ;)

Please provide the evidence that your dumb, emotional, whiny ass won a Pulitzer.

Your 2nd-grade reading comprehension level only barely surpasses your ability to write factual, meaningful posts that contribute in any way to intelligent discussions.

So a guy who makes pillows scares you.

got it

1628273474287.png

The Capital Building isn’t “the seat” of our democracy. We don’t live in a democracy at all, we live in a representative republic. The Capital Building is an office building for the people we elect to represent us. It’s no more sacred than any other federal office building. Our republic isn’t buildings, or cops or even elected officials, it’s the people. You and the people like you miss the simple fact that the government doesn’t rule the people, the people rule the government. The Bill of Rights was put into the Constitution to make that plain. The people elected or hired to work for the government are our servants, not our masters. The government was supposed to fear the citizens, that’s the way it was designed. I personally believe the citizens who forced their way into the Capital were wrong and those who damaged public property should receive a fair trial and if convicted be punished. But Thomas Jefferson said it best “from time to time the tree of Liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants.” The people who went to DC on the sixth were demonstrating to express their belief that the election wasn’t fair, they weren’t committing an insurrection. There was far less violence and property damage than during the leftist demonstrations of 2019.

Oh Gawd - This stupid debate again? Call it a democracy, call it a democratic republic, call it a republic, call it a representative democracy - WHO CARES? :sleeping-smiley-015:

The Capitol Building is sacred ground. A. bit different than sacking a CVS Pharmacy wouldn't you say?

You sound like Putin, or Putin sounds like you - Hard to figure which. Y'all sound one and the same these days.

"They weren't a crowd of robbers and rioters," Mr Putin said of the Trump supporters who stormed Congress on 6 January and temporarily suspended a session to certify Mr Biden as the winner of last November's election. "Those people had come with political demands."

Tree of Liberty? Reminds me of this jackhammer.

Obamacare%20protester%20with%20sign-8x6.jpg

Oh Gawd - This stupid debate again? Call it a democracy, call it a democratic republic, call it a republic, call it a representative democracy - WHO CARES? :sleeping-smiley-015:

The Capitol Building is sacred ground. A. bit different than sacking a CVS Pharmacy wouldn't you say?

You sound like Putin, or Putin sounds like you - Hard to figure which. Y'all sound one and the same these days.

"They weren't a crowd of robbers and rioters," Mr Putin said of the Trump supporters who stormed Congress on 6 January and temporarily suspended a session to certify Mr Biden as the winner of last November's election. "Those people had come with political demands."

Obamacare%20protester%20with%20sign-8x6.jpg
The Capital isn’t sacred ground, it’s just an office building. Arlington Cemetery is sacred ground, Gettysburg battlefield is sacred ground, maybe even “the wall” is sacred ground. You seem to worship the government

'Oh Gawd - This stupid debate again? Call it a democracy, call it a democratic republic, call it a republic, call it a representative democracy - WHO CARES?''

....declares those who do not know and is exposed as such.....

'The Capitol is 'sacred' ground?'

Since when? Pelosi and the Democrats make a mockery of it every single day. they have turned it into a cross between a Marxist, Racist, Anti-Semitic, Political Theater amateur thespian stage and a circus.

'You sound like Putin, or Putin sounds like you'

How appropriate the defender of the President proven to have taken millions form Xi/the CCP and Putin/Russia during his Presidential campaign channels Putin in his attack on others..

The Capital isn’t sacred ground, it’s just an office building. Arlington Cemetery is sacred ground, Gettysburg battlefield is sacred ground, maybe even “the wall” is sacred ground. You seem to worship the government

No, I merely happen to believe that our Capitol Building and its contents and its constitutionally mandated processes are a buttload more sacred and consequential than a CVS Pharmacy.

'Oh Gawd - This stupid debate again? Call it a democracy, call it a democratic republic, call it a republic, call it a representative democracy - WHO CARES?''

....declares those who do not know and is exposed as such.....

'The Capitol is 'sacred' ground?'

Since when? Pelosi and the Democrats make a mockery of it every single day. they have turned it into a cross between a Marxist, Racist, Anti-Semitic, Political Theater amateur thespian stage and a circus.

'You sound like Putin, or Putin sounds like you'

How appropriate the defender of the President proven to have taken millions form Xi/the CCP and Putin/Russia during his Presidential campaign channels Putin in his attack on others..
It is a democratic republic.

One in which the founders intended for the majority to rule

Forum List

Back