"The Obamacare implosion is worse than you think"

My friend who had good insurance before and then was cancelled because of O-care made sure she got new insurance whatever the cost coz her dad taught her never to be without.

Now she's facing her first serious medical problem under her new plan and is floored by the expenses she faces.

She says maybe going deaf won't be so bad after all.

Here is another good one...

my sister had a brain tumor removed which had wrapped itself around her optic nerve at the beginning of the year.... Her care from here on is going to be extensive.

Her husband changed jobs and along with that, their insurance...... so hello obamacare and you cant be denied coverage for pre existing conditions...

well well well... the loop hole to that is ....sure they will accept you and not deny you coverage.....but they will cover your for almost nothing in regards to that condition... to bad so sad...it was a pre existing condition. The idea is ...they will cover a small fraction but not all or most of it.

and.... imagine that.... they wont cover the drugs she is taking either.

Then the new Group insurance is not compliant and they were given another year to become so.

Were it me I would buy an individual plan at Market Price just to be covered.
ALL new individual policies will cover her from Day 1.

Nope, the Law only requires 30 day written notice.

30 day notice?

Before what?

If it's before the open enrollment period begins then the announcements would need to be made in October.

30 day notice to raise Premiums.
So they can send the notices the last week of November.

But open-enrollment begins Nov. 15.

They can raise premiums after people have enrolled?

30 day notice?

Before what?

If it's before the open enrollment period begins then the announcements would need to be made in October.

Open enrollment will be for a January 1 effective date.....the new pricing will already be applied to those plans, but the increases to people who enrolled for 14 won't happen until then either.....

Open enrollment will be for a January 1 effective date.....the new pricing will already be applied to those plans, but the increases to people who enrolled for 14 won't happen until then either.....
That could get nasty.

That could get nasty.

I think they are planning to increase the subsidy amounts too but I have no proof of that.

My friend who had good insurance before and then was cancelled because of O-care made sure she got new insurance whatever the cost coz her dad taught her never to be without.

Now she's facing her first serious medical problem under her new plan and is floored by the expenses she faces.

She says maybe going deaf won't be so bad after all.

Here is another good one...

my sister had a brain tumor removed which had wrapped itself around her optic nerve at the beginning of the year.... Her care from here on is going to be extensive.

Her husband changed jobs and along with that, their insurance...... so hello obamacare and you cant be denied coverage for pre existing conditions...

well well well... the loop hole to that is ....sure they will accept you and not deny you coverage.....but they will cover your for almost nothing in regards to that condition... to bad so sad...it was a pre existing condition. The idea is ...they will cover a small fraction but not all or most of it.

and.... imagine that.... they wont cover the drugs she is taking either.

Then the new Group insurance is not compliant and they were given another year to become so.

Were it me I would buy an individual plan at Market Price just to be covered.
ALL new individual policies will cover her from Day 1.

yes...all plans will cover her. The loop hole is how much they cover. Paying 1% of the bill leaving her paying 99% of the bill..... is still covering her.

That also does not go into or cover the issue with non generic and specialty drugs.

I am sorry to hear of your loved one's troubles, Syrenn.

Given the exact same circumstances and no passage of the ACA, would she be better off or worse off? Or....would there be no difference?

Moving to a single payer, everyone covered for everything system would indeed be preferred. Maybe congress can pass further regulations on insurers so they cannot work the rules in such a manner moving forward?

much better off if ACA had not been passed!!! On the 400k sugery... they paid.... nothing. All of her meds were covered.

she calls it her rat tail.... and ive got some wicked pics of it!

I am confused. I was under the impression that her husband changed jobs and that her condition was preexisting.

his new insurance is considering her condition preexisting..... She had the tumor removed a month or so before the change of insurance. The old insurance paid the whole bill.....

her after care (all the ACA crap) is what the new insurance is considering preexisting conditions. Yes, they accepted her but will only cover about 1% of anything in regards to the tumor. Nice little loophole they have going......

Forum List

Back