The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 911 Operator went from being a witness for the prosecution to a witness for the defense.

What did the 911 Operator do for the defense?

He confirmed:

1. Martin ran
2. Zimmerman followed
3. Zimmerman was asked to stop following
4. Zimmerman did stop following
5. Martin was gone

1. Martin ran

No he didn't, he had no knowledge that Martin ran, he confirmed that Zimmerman said he ran. Two different things.​

2. Zimmerman followed

No he didn't, he had no knowledge that Martin ran, he confirmed that Zimmerman said he ran. Two different things.​

True, however it was coached as a request. Due to liability they attempt to not issue direct orders.​

No he didn't, he had no knowledge whether Zimmerman did or did not continue to follow. He confirmed that Zimmerman acknolwedge the "we don't need you to do that", he did not testify at all on whether Zimmerman actually stopped.​

5. Martin was gone

No he didn't, he had no knowledge whether Martin was actually gone. He confirmed that Zimmerman said he was gone.​

What does this tell me?

That Martin came back to confront Zimmerman, that Martin turned into the aggressor, so far anyway. We still have to hear testimony and evidence.

Or that you are applying a preconceived belief into testimony that doesn't do what you think it does.

>>>>

Hairsplitter grand master quote flash :)

Best joke on the Tweeter today TM is rolling over in his grave to say "is that the best you've got?"

And Z answered back, Hell no, coon..

The joke was on Guy the states opening guy. Never trust a guy named Guy. Lol

Actually studies have shown that many killers are named 'Wayne.'

list of convicted killers with the middle name Wayne---it is huge - Democratic Underground

Course here in KY we are hill Billies because many people name their children William. Good thing it isn't Wayne. We would be the hill Waynies! :eek:

That just doesn't have a ring to it.

list of convicted killers with the middle name Wayne---it is huge - Democratic Underground

Course here in KY we are hill Billies because many people name their children William. Good thing it isn't Wayne. We would be the hill Waynies! :eek:

"Guy" is in unless he's a prosecutor, "Wayne"'s - run!!

The 911 Operator went from being a witness for the prosecution to a witness for the defense.

He confirmed:

1. Martin ran
2. Zimmerman followed
5. Martin was gone

1. Martin ran

2. Zimmerman followed

True, however it was coached as a request. Due to liability they attempt to not issue direct orders.​

No he didn't, he had no knowledge whether Zimmerman did or did not continue to follow. He confirmed that Zimmerman acknolwedge the "we don't need you to do that", he did not testify at all on whether Zimmerman actually stopped.​

5. Martin was gone

No he didn't, he had no knowledge whether Martin was actually gone. He confirmed that Zimmerman said he was gone.​

What does this tell me?

That Martin came back to confront Zimmerman, that Martin turned into the aggressor, so far anyway. We still have to hear testimony and evidence.

Or that you are applying a preconceived belief into testimony that doesn't do what you think it does.

>>>>

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you once confidently lecture us all on what the girlfriend did and did not hear on the telephone, as opposed to what SHE SAID she heard? But now that's a hugely important differentiation to you?

Putz.

Like Billy Bob? :eusa_angel:

He confirmed:

1. Martin ran
2. Zimmerman followed
5. Martin was gone

1. Martin ran

2. Zimmerman followed

5. Martin was gone

What does this tell me?

>>>>

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you once confidently lecture us all on what the girlfriend did and did not hear on the telephone, as opposed to what SHE SAID she heard? But now that's a hugely important differentiation to you?

Putz.

I doubt it.

Here is the difference. The poster I responded portrayed that the dispatcher provided direct testimony to the things he stated, he didn't. He confirmed things that Zimmerman told him things on the phone which were recorded. In this case it wouldn't be hearsay, it was Zimmerman who made the statements in the recording.

When Witness #8 testifies she will provide two types of testimony:

1. Direct evidence - This will include those thing she had direct knowledge of. One being that she was on the phone with Martin and the time frame (confirmed by phone records). Secondly her direct hearing of different things - i.e. that there was another male voice she could hear besides Martin.

2. Hearsay evidence - This will include what she says Martin said to her. She cannot provide direct evidence of these things because she didn't observe them, she can only relay what Martin told her. Under normal circumstance such hearsay evidence is automatically excluded and inadmissible. So expect O'Mara to file a motion to exclude, the prosecution then will file a rebuttal motion to include it under one of the exceptions to the hearsay rule. If I were to guess probably claiming it is an exception because Martin is dead and is not available for direct testimony (dying/dead statement exception). Then it will be up to Judge Nelson to rule on the scope of her testimony to allow only the direct testimony or if she will be able to provide hearsay testimony.​

>>>>

He confirmed:

1. Martin ran
2. Zimmerman followed
5. Martin was gone

1. Martin ran

2. Zimmerman followed

5. Martin was gone

What does this tell me?

>>>>

Putz.

He does lecture a lot lol, but I don't remember a GF one and certainly not what she "heard" as opposed to what she "said". That's #Skynet

Great opening day. West was terrific and his outline of the tragedy very clear. I thought the dispatcher started off looking like he was unhappy with the prosecution. Betcha they gave him a hard time. He even smiled at O'Mara and was very helpful to the Defense. What a trial.

I'm having Omg moment because I heard Nancy Grace actually say she would have to see all the evidence in this case. Wow. Lol

Ha ha did they do a re-enactment of a hoodie guy walking into a 7-11 yet?

For Nancy that is an OMG moment. Even she must see that the Prosecution is way off base. Course, after getting so burned by the MJ trial in Santa Maria, she may actually have learned a lesson. Both Nancy and Diane Diamond got burned by that trial and their crazy misrepresentation of the evidence and jury reaction. The best part was the woman who released a white dove at every Not Guilty verdict from the Jury.
Nope, no reenactment. West just showed the real video in living color of the difference in height between towering Martin and the proclaimed 5'10" clerk. West, having already told the court and jury that Zimmerman was 5'7", it was a wonderful coup for the defense. Then O'Mara standing next to the clerk which again showed a huge height difference will also arrange to stand next to George. How Sweet It Is.

i have been reading the cliff notes from various sources

from what i gather the defense during opening got

judge debbie to read off the 2nd degree murder requirements

not once but twice

incredibly good luck or sheer genius

--LOL

Too soon to figure out this damn chess game, baby. what is mistake and what is intentional.

There's a lot of that going on. Not enough here yet to get a grip on it.

i did get to see a very small chunk of the trial today

it was the ending of omara cross examining the cashier from 7-11

he asked the witness for his height the guy said 5 ft 10

and then asked if he was the same height when he worked at 7-11

he responded yea

omara had no further questions

if i remember correctly martin towered over the cashier

in the 7-11 footage

--LOL

and zimmerman is shorter then the cashier

coming in at a whopping 5 ft 8

this will be used later in the trial
West said that George is 5'7". Clearly, Martin was way taller then the clerk in the video in living color.
The defense was ready for the clerk and really scored a touchdown on Bernie and his friends.

Last edited:
I'm having Omg moment because I heard Nancy Grace actually say she would have to see all the evidence in this case. Wow. Lol

For Nancy that is an OMG moment. Even she must see that the Prosecution is way off base. Course, after getting so burned by the MJ trial in Santa Maria, she may actually have learned a lesson. Both Nancy and Diane Diamond got burned by that trial and their crazy misrepresentation of the evidence and jury reaction. The best part was the woman who released a white dove at every Not Guilty verdict from the Jury.
Nope, no reenactment. West just showed the real video in living color of the difference in height between towering Martin and the proclaimed 5'10" clerk. West, having already told the court and jury that Zimmerman was 5'7", it was a wonderful coup for the defense. Then O'Mara standing next to the clerk which again showed a huge height difference will also arrange to stand next to George. How Sweet It Is.

ap_george_zimmerman_dm_130607_wg.jpg

Too soon to figure out this damn chess game, baby. what is mistake and what is intentional.

There's a lot of that going on. Not enough here yet to get a grip on it.

he responded yea

in the 7-11 footage

--LOL

West said that George is 5'7". Clearly, Martin was way taller then the clerk in the video in living color.
The defense was ready for the clerk and really scored a touchdown on Bernie and his friends.

The defense really had some catching up to do after the Knock Knock joke...I was embarrassed for the guy...that was god awful and ill advised to say the least.

To the contrary...the prosecution is getting rave reviews for keeping it short and to the point...plus all the female analysts think the guy is dreamie...lol.

Last edited:

he responded yea

in the 7-11 footage

--LOL

The defense really had some catching up to do after the Knock Knock joke...I was embarrassed for the guy...that was god awful and ill advised to say the least.

To the contrary...the prosecution is getting rave reviews for keeping it short and to the point...plus all the female analysts think the guy is dreamie...lol.

I dunno. I don't like guys who talk out of the side of their mouth like Guy. Not so dreamy.
Yeah, West made a mistake with the joke. Who among us has not made a mistake. None of us are perfect.
And yes, HLN and CNN who are biased against George are mostly giving rave reviews but not the real lawyer analyst like Mark G. Vinny and Nancy were part of the same crowd who always gave rave reviews to the DA in Santa Maria. We know how that turned out and is why Diane Diamond and Rita Crosby are almost out of a job and Vinny and Nancy on HLN. CNN is so bad, they barely can keep up with MSNBC.

Last edited:

I dunno. I don't like guys who talk out of the side of their mouth like Guy. Not so dreamy.
Yeah, West made a mistake with the joke. None of us are perfect.
And yes, HLN and CNN who are biased against George are mostly giving rave reviews but not the real lawyer analyst like Mark G.

Who is Mark G?

No none of us are perfect, but how long to prepare opening statements? And you start it off like that...not being perfect suggests a momentary lapse in judgment or an accident...this was on purpose and planned. Not a very good first impression.

Yeah, West made a mistake with the joke. None of us are perfect.
And yes, HLN and CNN who are biased against George are mostly giving rave reviews but not the real lawyer analyst like Mark G.

Who is Mark G?

No none of us are perfect, but how long to prepare opening statements? And you start it off like that...not being perfect suggests a momentary lapse in judgment or an accident...this was on purpose and planned. Not a very good first impression.
Mark G. The great criminal defense lawyer, Mark Geragos. Who else???

n

1. Martin ran

2. Zimmerman followed

5. Martin was gone

>>>>

Putz.

I doubt it.

Here is the difference. The poster I responded portrayed that the dispatcher provided direct testimony to the things he stated, he didn't. He confirmed things that Zimmerman told him things on the phone which were recorded. In this case it wouldn't be hearsay, it was Zimmerman who made the statements in the recording.

When Witness #8 testifies she will provide two types of testimony:

1. Direct evidence - This will include those thing she had direct knowledge of. One being that she was on the phone with Martin and the time frame (confirmed by phone records). Secondly her direct hearing of different things - i.e. that there was another male voice she could hear besides Martin.

2. Hearsay evidence - This will include what she says Martin said to her. She cannot provide direct evidence of these things because she didn't observe them, she can only relay what Martin told her. Under normal circumstance such hearsay evidence is automatically excluded and inadmissible. So expect O'Mara to file a motion to exclude, the prosecution then will file a rebuttal motion to include it under one of the exceptions to the hearsay rule. If I were to guess probably claiming it is an exception because Martin is dead and is not available for direct testimony (dying/dead statement exception). Then it will be up to Judge Nelson to rule on the scope of her testimony to allow only the direct testimony or if she will be able to provide hearsay testimony.​

>>>>

See, there you go again. "Direct evidence . . . she heard another male voice." No, dipshit, she SAID she heard it. For all we know, she had the damned phone sitting in her lap while she filed her nails the whole time, and didn't hear anything at all. (No, I don't believe that. I'm just saying, be consistent.)

ap_george_zimmerman_dm_130607_wg.jpg

Oh for heaven's sake Zimmerman has put on a ton of weight since the night of the shooting.

lamo attempt Zona to try to prove he was bigger than Trayvon :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back