The Prototypical Liberal Response

All religions get the same tax break, moron.

And all religions are banned from supporting political candidates.

What does that have to do with whether the tax break is Constitutional. Frankly, the law that says they can't participate in politics is a violation of their First Amendment rights.

You should bring that up with the supreme court. I'll wait to see how that works out for you.

What the Supreme Court thinks isn't under discussion here, bonehead.

Of course it is. The supreme court is responsible for deciding if laws violate the constitution. Why don't you name a few of the churches who have actually been punished for breaking the Johnson Amendment law?

I said we aren't discussing it, moron.

What does that have to do with whether the tax break is Constitutional. Frankly, the law that says they can't participate in politics is a violation of their First Amendment rights.

Separation of Church and State. The Founders didn't want Churches messing in politics. It lead to all sorts of nastiness and corruption with the Catholic Church in Europe, and since the original America settlers were people seeking freedom from religious persecution, that sentiment was strong at the beginning of the Republic. It wasn't until Reagan invited right wing fundamentalists into the Republican Party that these loony tunes fundamentalists and their warped perception of Christianity began to permeate politics.

Churches could keep their tax exempt status as long as they kept out of politics, in recognition of their charitable works. But mess with politics, they lose their tax exempt status. Individual members of the Churches are free to participate in politics, but not Churches, because they don't pay taxes.

First Amendment rights are very specific. They only give protection to individuals who speak out against the government. If you speak out against your employer and get fired, you can't claim First Amendment rights. But the racist asshole cop who got fired for ranting on FaceBook about President Obama giving encouragement to people who shoot cops, can and is suing the County which fired him. And rightfully so.

You should bring that up with the supreme court. I'll wait to see how that works out for you.

Of course it is. The supreme court is responsible for deciding if laws violate the constitution. Why don't you name a few of the churches who have actually been punished for breaking the Johnson Amendment law?

Coward

Separation of Church and State. The Founders didn't want Churches messing in politics. It lead to all sorts of nastiness and corruption with the Catholic Church in Europe, and since the original America settlers were people seeking freedom from religious persecution, that sentiment was strong at the beginning of the Republic. It wasn't until Reagan invited right wing fundamentalists into the Republican Party that these loony tunes fundamentalists and their warped perception of Christianity began to permeate politics.

Churches could keep their tax exempt status as long as they kept out of politics, in recognition of their charitable works. But mess with politics, they lose their tax exempt status. Individual members of the Churches are free to participate in politics, but not Churches, because they don't pay taxes.

First Amendment rights are very specific. They only give protection to individuals who speak out against the government. If you speak out against your employer and get fired, you can't claim First Amendment rights. But the racist asshole cop who got fired for ranting on FaceBook about President Obama giving encouragement to people who shoot cops, can and is suing the County which fired him. And rightfully so.

Oooo.....look....another lying Fascist pops up!

The Founders had no such view of religion.
They based our memorializing documents on the Bible, and they were all fiercely religious/

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
John Adams

You are a moron and prove it on a daily basis.

Coward

Please prove you are not a coward by, once again, demanding that the right of free speech be removed from those segments of our population with whom you disagree.

Then do that 'Sieg Heil' thing.

Wasn't that great, the way I rammed your words back down your throat?

Look what you had to do....you had to try to change the subject.

Why are you running away from this?

"....the Law That Prevents Churches from Endorsing Candidates..."

You said:
" It's a solid reasonable law..."

Depriving Americans of their freedom of speech.

Then I provided the Constitution you Liberals despise:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I love when I force you Fascists to out yourselves.

So....how's that brown shirt fitting?

But....at least you didn't deny that you favor Fascism over liberty.

No subject change at all. The government is clearly supporting the establishment of religion by giving them tax exemptions. What does the 1st amendment say about that?

"You should bring that up with the supreme court. "

Why?

Don't you have the ability to make up your own so-called mind?

The Constitution is written plainly in English.
Even though English is not my first language, I know what this means:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

No wiggle room there, you imbecile.

'For an originalist, direct evidence of the actual use of a word is the most important source of the word’s meaning. It is more important than referring to the ‘broader context,’ or the ‘larger context,’ or the ‘underlying principles,’ which is the means by which some jurists are able to turn ‘black’ into ‘white’, and ‘up’ into ‘down.’
“Originalism,” Steven Calabresi

And true imbeciles agree with them....that black is white and up is down.
Raise your paw.

You must be debating with amateur liberals. Isn't it much easier to claim that everyone who doesn't agree is a homophobe, racist, misogynist and a xenophobe.

Of course the difficult issue for them is that their religion supports the genocide of all minorities, but that's just a small grievance.

1. OK....go ahead and reveal the truth of an argument to a Liberal...document it....give examples....i.e., prove it to 'em.....and you can expect this:
"Oh, yeah???? Sez you!!!!"

That's pretty much the depth of the Liberal response.

Of course, it may be accompanied by all sorts of vituperation directed at the one providing the truth....but that comes with the territory.

What is astounding is that belonging to the Liberal cult, one must be willing to accept and support lies.

2. Let's take an example that has been revived by Bill's wife to pump some air into her deflating campaign...."Birtherism."

Let's say you meet a stranger across a crowded room....turns out his name is Jacob Wasserstein..
He was brought up in Israel, and attended a religious school early on....and his father and step dad were both Jewish.
And...in many long and detailed discussions....he never defended, supported, praised, made up ingratiating tales about any other religion.....just Judaism.
And....if any Jewish folk committed iniquities, including murders....he made excuses for 'em.

Looking at these facts....would it be a fair guess he was Jewish?
Really....would it be a 'thought crime' to say, 'sure appears that he's Jewish.'
And....if folks became rabid in denials.....wouldn't that appear that they felt that being Jewish was a pejorataive?

"Oh, yeah???/ Sez you!!!"

Point being.....why do Liberals get incensed if some look at the facts and say Barack Hussein Obama appears to hold Islam in a very special place?

So....why did Bill's wife's campaign try to use it as a smear in the 2008 campaign?

She must be really, really embarrassed about it....and now she's trying to attach it to Trump.

"Oh, yeah???/ Sez you!!!"

She didn't. One of her staffers raised the issue and Clinton shut it down saying it didn't matter because his mother was an American.

So no Political Sheep, she didn't say it or use it. But once again I see you failing to fact check before posting.

One of WHOSE staffers?
Oh....Hillary Clinton's.

So.....you are stating that the Birther movement came from her campaign?

Excellent.

And, it did.

Now....watch me rip you to shreds, with Liberal media reports:
4." Where did this idea come from? Who started it? And is there a grain of truth there?
Story Continued Below

The answer lies in Democratic, not Republican politics, and in the bitter, exhausting spring of 2008. At the time, the Democratic presidential primary was slipping away from Hillary Clinton and some of her most passionate supporters grasped for something, anything that would deal a final reversal to Barack Obama. (See: Bachmann: Birther issue settled)"
Birtherism: Where it all began

a. "Then, as Obama marched toward the presidency, a new suggestion emerged: That he was not eligible to serve. (See: Birther debate alive across U.S.)

That theory first emerged in the spring of 2008, as Clinton supporters circulated an anonymous email questioning Obama’s citizenship.

“Barack Obama’s mother was living in Kenya with his Arab-African father late in her pregnancy. She was not allowed to travel by plane then, so Barack Obama was born there and his mother then took him to Hawaii to register his birth,” asserted one chain email that surfaced on the urban legend site Snopes.com in April 2008."
Ibid.

See how simple it is to reveal you as a liar?

Now...write:
'Oh, yeah??? Sez you!!!!"

Isn't this fun??

No subject change at all. The government is clearly supporting the establishment of religion by giving them tax exemptions. What does the 1st amendment say about that?

Why?

'For an originalist, direct evidence of the actual use of a word is the most important source of the word’s meaning. It is more important than referring to the ‘broader context,’ or the ‘larger context,’ or the ‘underlying principles,’ which is the means by which some jurists are able to turn ‘black’ into ‘white’, and ‘up’ into ‘down.’

Raise your paw.

I really enjoy a good PoliticalCunt meltdown. You fail to understand that you do have the right to believe anything you want, but If the Supreme Court has already ruled on the subject, you lose. You can spend the rest of your life thinking you are right, and the SC, I, and most of the rest of the country is wrong, and it won't make a bit of difference. Again, you lose.

Why?

Raise your paw.

I really enjoy a good PoliticalCunt meltdown. You fail to understand that you do have the right to believe anything you want, but If the Supreme Court has already ruled on the subject, you lose. You can spend the rest of your life thinking you are right, and the SC, I, and most of the rest of the country is wrong, and it won't make a bit of difference. Again, you lose.

And, in addition to proving you a dunce of the lowest intellectual level....

....now I have proven that you are a disgusting, vulgar dirt-eating low-life.

You need not reply.

belonging to the Liberal cult, one must be willing to accept and support lies.

Liar.

"belonging to the Liberal cult, one must be willing to accept and support lies."
"Liar."

I never lie.

Here...let's prove it together- Do you believe any of these atrocious lies?

1. Liberals founded this country

2. Nazis are right wing

3. Muslim homicidal mania is due to the existence of Israel, not the Q'ran

4. Regulations. Obama: "What I have done -- and this is unprecedented ... is I've said to each agency ... 'look at regulations that are already on the books and if they don't make sense, let's get rid of them.'"
Barack Obama on Wednesday, June 29th, 2011 in a press conference

5. Global warming

6. Communism, command and control economies are successful....

7. Obama: Islam ‘Woven into the Fabric of Our Country Since Founding’

8. David Axelrod denying that Obama was intimately involved with terrorist Bill Ayers: "Bill Ayers lives in his neighborhood. Their kids attend the same school," he said. "They're certainly friendly, they know each other, as anyone whose kids go to school together." http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0208/Ax_on_Ayers.html

9. Unequal Pay for Women

10 .The Obama administration has a robust vetting process to cover the Muslims he is bringing in.

See what I mean?

You believe those lies both because you're a Liberal, and afraid to confront your elitist masters....

...and because you're a fool.

Clear?

Tolerating other religions just looks like extremism to RWnuts.

Barry da Fairy is more than "tolerant" of Radical Islam, he is an open promoter.

Now little gay Barry isn't a Muslim himself, the flouncing fruit would have NO GOD above him. But Islam is useful in his war on America - VERY useful;

Now be ready for the "Oh, yeah???/ Sez you!!!" posts.

belonging to the Liberal cult, one must be willing to accept and support lies.

Liar.

"belonging to the Liberal cult, one must be willing to accept and support lies."
"Liar."

I never lie.

Here...let's prove it together- Do you believe any of these atrocious lies?

1. Liberals founded this country

2. Nazis are right wing

3. Muslim homicidal mania is due to the existence of Israel, not the Q'ran

4. Regulations. Obama: "What I have done -- and this is unprecedented ... is I've said to each agency ... 'look at regulations that are already on the books and if they don't make sense, let's get rid of them.'"
Barack Obama on Wednesday, June 29th, 2011 in a press conference

5. Global warming

6. Communism, command and control economies are successful....

7. Obama: Islam ‘Woven into the Fabric of Our Country Since Founding’

8. David Axelrod denying that Obama was intimately involved with terrorist Bill Ayers: "Bill Ayers lives in his neighborhood. Their kids attend the same school," he said. "They're certainly friendly, they know each other, as anyone whose kids go to school together." http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0208/Ax_on_Ayers.html

9. Unequal Pay for Women

10 .The Obama administration has a robust vetting process to cover the Muslims he is bringing in.

See what I mean?

You believe those lies both because you're a Liberal, and afraid to confront your elitist masters....

...and because you're a fool.

Clear?

You always lie.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Sounds liberal to me.

Nazis were Fascist. Hitlers support of Right winger Franco in Spain proves what side of the political spectrum he was on.

I support Israels right to exist and I support an independent state for the other occupants of the former British Mandate in Palestine.

I believe in a warning earth. It's been a good thing for humans so far.

Authoritarian dictatorships are not liberal.

try some context when quoting just a few words:

Remarks by the President in Closing of the Summit on Countering Violent Extremism

What does bad Billy have to say about our President these days?

Equal job, equal pay.

Self radicalized American citizens will be our biggest threat in the next decade.

See. Now admit it. You always lie. Don't-Cha?

The Founders had no such view of religion.
They based our memorializing documents on the Bible, and they were all fiercely religious/

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
John Adams

You are a moron and prove it on a daily basis.

Yep, they were so very deeply religious that they have setup the great American Theocracy experiment...oh no wait, what they have setup is a secular government based on ideas of enlightenment age.

"I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State." - Thomas Jefferson

Constitution being made for and functioning only among "religious people" IS PURE BULLSHIT.

Forum List

Back