The question I would like to ask Donald Trump

South Carolina is pretty much in lock down.

View attachment 313665
Do you EVER listen to the news or read the paper? During our normal flu season, do you recall a lot of news about how your local hospital is out of beds? They're calling out the military's hospital ships. Elective surgeries are postponed indefinitely. Some states are talking about setting up TENTS to treat the regular hospital patients. Trump wants manufacturers in this country to switch to making respirators, protective equipment, etc. This is apparently not a normal flu, in that it spreads so rapidly, those who are going to need hospital stays are going to flood the system all at once. It is spreading exponentially, and while most are not going to need hospitalization, the sheer size of the numbers catching it all at once is what has everyone hustling.

Per the CDC, there have only been 15,219 cases nationwide from Jan 21st to date.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the U.S.

That number of illnesses is not causing hospitals to be out of beds. In fact, the only places that could even plausibly be experiencing any such shortages are certain areas in NY, which has about half of the cases at this point, and Washington, which has another 1,500 or so. Throughout most of the country, the number of COVID-19 cases is relatively low per capita.

All of the talk of bed shortages, respirator shortages, etc, is based on speculation about the possible scope of the disease's spread, which is being cast in the most dire scenarios possible by the media.
I agree that some of the precautions and the rush to find equipment and free beds seems unbelievable at the moment. I hope it turns out that the speculation was WAY OFF and all this haring around that the hospitals are doing is for naught. I hope it, especially since it seems that we have taken unbelievable precautions in many places where there is NO virus, including my county.

Statewide, Maine has a total of 56 cases, all in the southern quarter of the state; 5 are hospitalized and fortunately there have been no deaths. Yet all schools and the University system have shut down. The Governor has ordered all eat in restaurants, bars, shopping plazas and malls and non essential retail closed. The banks have gone to drive thru only. All libraries are closed. All businesses that can work from home have shut. Our towns, small anyway, are ghost towns. Even churches are cancelling services.

So I sure hope this has a really positive effect and stops this thing in its tracks in Maine. We sure caught it early. I don't know what else we can do but lock people in their homes.

You are not alone. Our state did the exact same thing. My neighbor is an alcoholic. He's usually at the bar by 11:00 every morning seven days a week. I really need to check on him to see if he's okay with the bars being closed down.

View attachment 313665
Do you EVER listen to the news or read the paper? During our normal flu season, do you recall a lot of news about how your local hospital is out of beds? They're calling out the military's hospital ships. Elective surgeries are postponed indefinitely. Some states are talking about setting up TENTS to treat the regular hospital patients. Trump wants manufacturers in this country to switch to making respirators, protective equipment, etc. This is apparently not a normal flu, in that it spreads so rapidly, those who are going to need hospital stays are going to flood the system all at once. It is spreading exponentially, and while most are not going to need hospitalization, the sheer size of the numbers catching it all at once is what has everyone hustling.

Per the CDC, there have only been 15,219 cases nationwide from Jan 21st to date.

That number of illnesses is not causing hospitals to be out of beds. In fact, the only places that could even plausibly be experiencing any such shortages are certain areas in NY, which has about half of the cases at this point, and Washington, which has another 1,500 or so. Throughout most of the country, the number of COVID-19 cases is relatively low per capita.

All of the talk of bed shortages, respirator shortages, etc, is based on speculation about the possible scope of the disease's spread, which is being cast in the most dire scenarios possible by the media.
I agree that some of the precautions and the rush to find equipment and free beds seems unbelievable at the moment. I hope it turns out that the speculation was WAY OFF and all this haring around that the hospitals are doing is for naught. I hope it, especially since it seems that we have taken unbelievable precautions in many places where there is NO virus, including my county.

Statewide, Maine has a total of 56 cases, all in the southern quarter of the state; 5 are hospitalized and fortunately there have been no deaths. Yet all schools and the University system have shut down. The Governor has ordered all eat in restaurants, bars, shopping plazas and malls and non essential retail closed. The banks have gone to drive thru only. All libraries are closed. All businesses that can work from home have shut. Our towns, small anyway, are ghost towns. Even churches are cancelling services.

So I sure hope this has a really positive effect and stops this thing in its tracks in Maine. We sure caught it early. I don't know what else we can do but lock people in their homes.

You are not alone. Our state did the exact same thing. My neighbor is an alcoholic. He's usually at the bar by 11:00 every morning seven days a week. I really need to check on him to see if he's okay with the bars being closed down.
Have a drink with him,

View attachment 313665

The D.T.'s ain't something to sneeze about, and he's probably lonely as hell, too. But I think I heard the liquor stores are still open, some places anyway. In Maine, it's all sold in grocery stores, has been for years.

View attachment 313665

The D.T.'s ain't something to sneeze about, and he's probably lonely as hell, too. But I think I heard the liquor stores are still open, some places anyway. In Maine, it's all sold in grocery stores, has been for years.
My city approved delivery

View attachment 313665

Bar people are an entirely different crowd. They live for the bar, and it's more than just alcohol. I had a GF that was a bar person. I bought every kind of alcohol she tried just to get her to stay home. It didn't work. One night she got a DUI coming home from the bar, and lost her license. She didn't touch a drop while sitting home with nothing to do.

My experience with these people is that they are more addicted to the bar environment than they are the alcohol itself. In fact they would rather go to a juice bar than sit at home and drink alcohol if that was their choice.

In my neighbors case, he has no interest in the internet yet alone social media. He wouldn't know how to turn on a computer if his life counted on it. He has a flip phone in his pickup truck but only for emergencies. He doesn't have many friends and his family sees each other very rarely.

Do you mind me asking where you live?

Bar people are an entirely different crowd. They live for the bar, and it's more than just alcohol. I had a GF that was a bar person. I bought every kind of alcohol she tried just to get her to stay home. It didn't work. One night she got a DUI coming home from the bar, and lost her license. She didn't touch a drop while sitting home with nothing to do.

My experience with these people is that they are more addicted to the bar environment than they are the alcohol itself. In fact they would rather go to a juice bar than sit at home and drink alcohol if that was their choice.

In my neighbors case, he has no interest in the internet yet alone social media. He wouldn't know how to turn on a computer if his life counted on it. He has a flip phone in his pickup truck but only for emergencies. He doesn't have many friends and his family sees each other very rarely.
Yep. I am a bar social patron. I talk to those types when I go. They have stories and love to share them. That’s why I suggested going over and having a drink, and a chat and let him download

Suburb of Chicago

He's not the only one, I'm sure of that. And there isn't even sports to take people's minds off things. It's good of you to think of him, Ray.

Suburb of Chicago
Home delivery is an option that I wish we had here. NO ONE delivers, not even pizza places. We're too spread out and rural.

Yep. I am a bar social patron. I talk to those types when I go. They have stories and love to share them. That’s why I suggested going over and having a drink, and a chat and let him download

I'm not a day drinker at all. A few beers in the beginning or the middle of the day, I'm worthless for the rest of it. Yes, my neighbor has stories to tell, but the problem is he tells the same ones over, and over, and over. I tried to get him interested in the interest, but he refused to have any part of it.

He's not a stupid guy, just a drunk guy. He reads the newspaper every single day, and knows a little about politics too. In the summer time when it's warmer, we do drink together, but by early evening, he drank so much throughout the day that can barely get down two beers. I've seen him so drunk before that not only could he not stand, but fell down sitting if you can imagine that.

He's not the only one, I'm sure of that. And there isn't even sports to take people's minds off things. It's good of you to think of him, Ray.

With bar people, nothing is capable of replacing the bar, not television, internet, sports, nothing. They exist solely for bars.

Many years ago I tried to placate that girl I was talking about by getting involved in the bar scene. I couldn't stand it. The people that live there are the same group every day. After they get buzzed, all they want to do is talk about their problems. You have to yell over the music, if they have a television, you can't hear it. It's annoying trying to talk to people over the music blaring, and I could never understand the draw of a bar.

Suburb of Chicago
Home delivery is an option that I wish we had here. NO ONE delivers, not even pizza places. We're too spread out and rural.
That’s a shame. The wife and I did fish fry from a local tap house. Called at 1:00pm picked up at 5:00pm. They didn’t deliver, but other pizza joints and bar restaurants are

It seems OP is a tard, prove me wrong!
I keep hearing Trump cultists say the virus is being overblown, that it's a hoax, that we don't really need to be cautious in our behavior. You should take their advice.

Who said we don't need to be cautious? We all know you need to be cautious with the virus or without. It's flu season. Is it overblown? Take a look at Google news, and show me how many US stories without the virus or something related to it. You might find one out of twenty-five. Yes, that's overblown.

It seems OP is a tard, prove me wrong!
I keep hearing Trump cultists say the virus is being overblown, that it's a hoax, that we don't really need to be cautious in our behavior. You should take their advice.

Who said we don't need to be cautious? We all know you need to be cautious with the virus or without. It's flu season. Is it overblown? Take a look at Google news, and show me how many US stories without the virus or something related to it. You might find one out of twenty-five. Yes, that's overblown.
They stopped all sports!!!! Yeah not overblown at all.

telling us to stay in while they work to let felons out

Suburb of Chicago

I'm sure door dash or grub hub might, but if you are that far out, probably cost you an arm and a leg.

Forum List

Back