🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Racist Party - The Democrat Party

this delightfully droll animation seems to be your last comment about your incorrect assertion that your party is older than my party. Did I miss something? You would think that will all the cutesy moving things that adorn your posts, that would be hard to do.

I don't mean to butt in on you folks' intelligent , respectful debate, however.........................I would feel safe to say that the very first "party" in the US was Libertarian! They just didn't exactly "need" to call themselves that at that time since it was OBVIOUS to any idiot that that was exactly what they were!

Let's see............Absolute Liberty...........Hmm...........Personal Responsibility..................................No Taxes...............................Right to bare arms..........................etc,....... Yep, they were Libertarians!

Call it what you will, but the spin on what they 'really' said. Gag me.

I don't think it is "spin" to point out that the word terrorize does not mean the same thing as terrorist. A gang of bullies terrorize kids on a playground...they are hardly terrorists, are they?

I don't think it is "spin" to point out that the word terrorize does not mean the same thing as terrorist. A gang of bullies terrorize kids on a playground...they are hardly terrorists, are they?

Again, false arguement. Let's both stipulate we understand that kids on playground, even gangbangers, are not what we mean when we are speaking of 'terrorists'. Yes, the former may well terrorize, but their goal is NOT to undo the system, rather take from those that benefit from it.

Again, false arguement. Let's both stipulate we understand that kids on playground, even gangbangers, are not what we mean when we are speaking of 'terrorists'. Yes, the former may well terrorize, but their goal is NOT to undo the system, rather take from those that benefit from it.

And I think you should stipulate that when Kerry suggested that women and children were terrorized when their homes were broken into in the middle of the night that he was NOT saying that our troops were terrorists.

And I think you should stipulate that when Kerry suggested that women and children were terrorized when their homes were broken into in the middle of the night that he was NOT saying that our troops were terrorists.

Actually my recollection is that he said just that, equating them with the terrorists. Granted he was also arguing for more Iraqi presence, but didn't have any suggestions at that time on how to get more. That part has gotten better, as I've posted elsewhere on the board.

Actually my recollection is that he said just that, equating them with the terrorists. Granted he was also arguing for more Iraqi presence, but didn't have any suggestions at that time on how to get more. That part has gotten better, as I've posted elsewhere on the board.

your recollection is not of his words, but of the damaging negative purposely incorrect spin put on by the right wing media. He did not equate them with terrorists at all, but the mere fact that you recollect it that way is proof of the power of the media to sully the tone of this and any debate

your recollection is not of his words, but of the damaging negative purposely incorrect spin put on by the right wing media. He did not equate them with terrorists at all, but the mere fact that you recollect it that way is proof of the power of the media to sully the tone of this and any debate

No, I had it pretty good, link to the transcipt pdf can be found here:

From page 3-4 of the CBS transcript, emphasis mine (h/t:CQ reader Dave Z):

SCHIEFFER: All right. Let me shift to another point of view, and it comes from another Democrat, Senator Joe Lieberman of Connecticut. He takes a very different view. He says basically we should stay the course because, he says, real progress is being made. He said this is a war between 27 million Iraqis who want freedom and 10,000 terrorists. He says we're in a watershed transformation. What about that?

Sen. KERRY: Let me--I--first of all, there is so much more that unites Democrats than divides us. And Democrats have much more in common with each other than they do with George Bush's policy right now. Now Joe Lieberman, I believe, also voted for the resolution which said the president needs to make more clear what he's doing and set out benchmarks, and that the policy hasn't been working. We all believe him when you say, `Stay the course.' That's the president's policy, which hasn't been changing, which is a policy of failure. I don't agree with that. But I think what we need to do is recognize what we all agree on, which is you've got to begin to set benchmarks for accomplishment. You've got to begin to transfer authority to the Iraqis. And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not...

SCHIEFFER: Yeah.

Sen. KERRY: ...Iraqis should be doing that. And after all of these two and a half years, with all of the talk of 210,000 people trained, there just is no excuse for not transferring more of that authority.

No, I had it pretty good, link to the transcipt pdf can be found here:

come on .... be honest. He does NOT call american troops terrorists.. He says that women and children are terrorized by them when they break into their homes in the dead of night. Would you or would you not be terrorized...terrified...shared shitless..or whatever other synonym you might like to use - if a band of armed men speaking a foreign language broke into your home in the dead of night????

TERRORIZE does NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT mean the same thing as TERRORIST. You are a teacher, for crissakes.... words have meanings.

ter·ror·ize /ˈtɛrəˌraɪz/ [ter-uh-rahyz] –verb (used with object), -ized, -iz·ing.

1. to fill or overcome with terror.

uh oh looks like someone does not have their facts....

dems lie people die..........LOL

so..let me get this straight.... you are a moron who doesn't know the meaning of words, and as long as the right wing talking heads tell you that John Kerry called our troops terrorists, that is good e-fucking-nough for you?????

Me, I tend to use my OWN brain instead of relying on others.

come on .... be honest. He does NOT call american troops terrorists.. He says that women and children are terrorized by them when they break into their homes in the dead of night. Would you or would you not be terrorized...terrified...shared shitless..or whatever other synonym you might like to use - if a band of armed men speaking a foreign language broke into your home in the dead of night????

TERRORIZE does NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT mean the same thing as TERRORIST. You are a teacher, for crissakes.... words have meanings.

ter·ror·ize /ˈtɛrəˌraɪz/ [ter-uh-rahyz] –verb (used with object), -ized, -iz·ing.

Do NOT imply that because I disagree with you I'm not a good teacher. That is for lesser persons to do.

We read this differently, probably because of our starting points. You wish to grant him every possible doubt; I take his implications seriously. We agree that we disagree. BTW, I agree that words have meanings, so do insinuations.

Do NOT imply that because I disagree with you I'm not a good teacher. That is for lesser persons to do.

We read this differently, probably because of our starting points. You wish to grant him every possible doubt; I take his implications seriously. We agree that we disagree. BTW, I agree that words have meanings, so do insinuations.

what someone insinuates is known to them.... what someone else THINKS someone else insinuates is known to THEM...what WORDS MEAN is known to everyone.

You can say that John Kerry insinuated that our troops are terrorists....I disagree... but we both can agree that his WORDS did NOT say that.

what someone insinuates is known to them.... what someone else THINKS someone else insinuates is known to THEM...what WORDS MEAN is known to everyone.

You can say that John Kerry insinuated that our troops are terrorists....I disagree... but we both can agree that his WORDS did NOT say that.

Sorry, as you said, 'words mean something.'

ter·ror·ize /?t?r??ra?z/ [ter-uh-rahyz] –verb (used with object), -ized, -iz·ing.

Here's a tough one for you, what do you call someone that terrorizes??? Think, it's right there, you can do it...... you have a problem with the english language don't you? First the name of your party and now this. Do you know the definition of stupid because that is the other thing Kerry-Heinz called the men and women serving in our armed forces.

Here's a tough one for you, what do you call someone that terrorizes??? Think, it's right there, you can do it...... you have a problem with the english language don't you? First the name of your party and now this. Do you know the definition of stupid because that is the other thing Kerry-Heinz called the men and women serving in our armed forces.

a gang of buillies terrorizes kids on a play ground...they are NOT terrorists. A nasty pitbull terrorizes a neighborhood... he is NOT a terrorist.

ter·ror·ist /ˈtɛrərɪst/–noun

1. a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.

and

ter·ror·ism /ˈtɛrəˌrɪzəm/ –noun

1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.

as I have said, time and time again....is "terrorize" the BEST word John Kerry could have used to describe the reaction exhibited by women and children when their homes are broken into by armed men speaking foreign languages? NO. "Frightened"...."scared shitless" might have been wiser choices..... but they mean EXACTLY the same thing as "terrorize."

and listen...Mr "Sit" for brains.... the name of MY political party is MY fucking business and NONE of YOUR fucking business. Can I possibly be any clearer on that?

Eat "sit"

and if you could find the quote where John Kerry uses the word "stupid" to describe our troops, I'd love to see it...if not, STFU.

and if you could find the quote where John Kerry uses the word "stupid" to describe our troops, I'd love to see it...if not, STFU.

He comes pretty darn close, "...if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lexdNMoweWM[/ame]

Are you kidding me? Democrats would not alienate the one group of americans that actually support them. Race is not even an issue this is the 21st century, quit thinking that everyone cares what skin color anybody is. If there IS racism going on its in the old south, the confederate south. Blacks are just wondering why it took FEMA and this federal government so long to come to the aid of the black familys of New Orleans after Katrina? The president should have approved billions in aid imediately.

Ok....This really pisses me off...I wasn't on this board when Katrina happend...Let me give you an insiders view. I am part of FEMA. I am on my counties Emergency Response Plan team. I went down to New Orleans when Katrina hit. Down there the next day. You know why nothing got done. Because Ray Nagan and Mrs Blanco wasn't doing their job. As a memeber of FEMA I know that we wait on orders from the local Government first. This includes City, County, and State. They in turn may get advice from the Fed, but it's first the responsibility of the Mayor, and Governor to direct planning. This wasn't done. My unit wasn't told a damn thing until President Bush got down there. We are definitely a Democratic Nation now. Always looking to the Fed for everything. America is dead....Welcome back England. Been over 200 years since you've been gone. Guess you snuck back in. The Democrats should just change their party name to The Old British Party. Honeslty....Anyways...Good day govner

He comes pretty darn close, "...if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lexdNMoweWM

and as he said, it was a joke gone bad.... a misstatement that republicans will jump on and mischaracterize as some terrible slam against the troops...because that is what they do: they purposely mischaracterize statements by democrats in an effort to gain political leverage...even you, Kathianne, who I respect and admire, do it as well....in this very thread you have purposely mischaracterized Kerry's use of the word terrorize and made it synonymous with terrorist because it suits your party's political purpose.

Forum List

Back