The Regressive Left and Islam -- What is happening here?

Exactly .... At one time I counted about 38 Pro-Life Dems in Congress. So why is it that you folks feel so free to constantly MOCK and abuse people of faith? Are those "smart ones" so partisan as to ignore the slights? OR are the social issues of abortion and other things you frame as "religious issues" more secular that you just want to admit? Do you realize how central religion is to "YOUR" minorities of blacks and hispanics? You know --- the ones you think you OWN...

where have i ever mocked anyone over their faith? i am a person of faith, liar.

the rest of your post is nonsense...a fabricated conflation of issues to suit your bias, just like the op.

I mock people of faith. All of them. Especially when they try to mess with people. Some of the brightest people I know are people of faith. That doesn't mean that the dumb ones can't be mocked.

So you just stipulated that you would mock an ENTIRE RELIGION --- because "some" of them are dumb?

:eek-52: Great move.. Nice to know "the rules". Very informative thread. It's like therapy time for partisans here. We should lock in all the participants, buy more couches and get this shit settled honestly...

Exactly .... At one time I counted about 38 Pro-Life Dems in Congress. So why is it that you folks feel so free to constantly MOCK and abuse people of faith? Are those "smart ones" so partisan as to ignore the slights? OR are the social issues of abortion and other things you frame as "religious issues" more secular that you just want to admit? Do you realize how central religion is to "YOUR" minorities of blacks and hispanics? You know --- the ones you think you OWN...

the rest of your post is nonsense...a fabricated conflation of issues to suit your bias, just like the op.

I mock people of faith. All of them. Especially when they try to mess with people. Some of the brightest people I know are people of faith. That doesn't mean that the dumb ones can't be mocked.

So you just stipulated that you would mock an ENTIRE RELIGION --- because "some" of them are dumb?

:eek-52: Great move.. Nice to know "the rules". Very informative thread. It's like therapy time for partisans here. We should lock in all the participants, buy more couches and get this shit settled honestly...

I mock all religions. I sometimes mock people who are religious...when they deserve it. What don't you understand?

You get more partisan by the minute. Bunch of rwnj talking point nonsense.

'Cept -- I'm certainly not right-wing. Will out-Liberal you on MANY issues. I haven't been a partisan since I left Grad School. Worked for 3rd party ballot and process all my life. Even conferred personally with many Commie Green Party members to get this done.

It's just REMARKABLE how clear the air is from my perspective. You should try it..

Don't tell me....you fancy yourself to be a real liberal on some issues.....right? Oddly...you are the kind of liberal who will approve of a ban on Muslims. Right?

I have never been a member of any political party. I support efforts to change our shitty debate rules. I find it funny when others accuse me of being some kind of blind partisan. What I do is vote for the person who I think will do the best job. Its very simple.

If you've read what I wrote -- you wouldn't be pulling "you support a ban on Muslims" card or the Ravi -- "you support terrorism" card.. It's sad really..

The OP was extremely well phrased for a vigorous discussion. I don't agree with the broad brush on Islam. But the OP was smart enough to PREDICT that folks would talk past each other and fart out deflections like the ones just pointed in my direction. No basis for those wild accusations based on what I've said in this thread.

Bullshit. The OP was nothing of the sort. The OP is trolling plain and simple. You should be able to recognize that. The OP has not demonstated that anyone tolerates Islam more than Christianity. Especially not those of us who have been here trying to knock some info into his blockhead. He predicted that people would disagree with him. Brilliant!!

If you don't support Trump's ban.....then you have my apology.

I don't support absorbing thousands of untraceable people from a hot war zone occupied with 47 different Radical Islamic factions all bragging about coming to kill us. HOWEVER, the West SHOULD have created "safe zones" in the area 4 or 5 years ago to head off this predictable mass migration..

It's a case of doing NOTHING until it reaches crisis proportions and then begging off their INCOMPETENCE in planning as a "humanitarian crisis"..

I mock all religions. I sometimes mock people who are religious...when they deserve it. What don't you understand?

Really? You've never mocked me. Oh --- I'm not religious. I just SUPPORT religious people.. When's the last time you mocked a crystal worshipper or a Wiccan? OH -- they are LIKELY to be Democrats I bet... :eusa_dance:

Really? You've never mocked me. Oh --- I'm not religious. I just SUPPORT religious people.. When's the last time you mocked a crystal worshipper or a Wiccan? OH -- they are LIKELY to be Democrats I bet... :eusa_dance:

That's like the third recent post of yours that I read and found to be really weird. You having a few cocktails this afternoon?

That's like the third recent post of yours that I read and found to be really weird. You having a few cocktails this afternoon?

He said he mocks every religion equally (at least if they have some dumb people in them).. Wouldn't crystal worshipers be more mockable than Christians? Just curious. Not high..

He said he mocks every religion equally (at least if they have some dumb people in them).. Wouldn't crystal worshipers be more mockable than Christians? Just curious. Not high..

Crystal worshippers are very mockable. Does that make you feel better?

I confess I mock people of faith occassionally...getting marching orders from incendiary shrubbery, epileptic prophets hearing voices in caves and religious zombies....can't say I've hit on new agie stuff.

Damn this phone I keep hitting the wrong thing plus it autocorrects idiotically:cranky:

More mockable? No. Of equal mocking value, yes.

For me ALL religions are equal. They all have good parts and bad parts and it's not usually the religion that's "bad" it's the fan clubs that get scary.

there are millions of "people of faith" on the political left.

they're the ones smart enough to understand where to draw that constitutional line with religion.

'Cept -- I'm certainly not right-wing. Will out-Liberal you on MANY issues. I haven't been a partisan since I left Grad School. Worked for 3rd party ballot and process all my life. Even conferred personally with many Commie Green Party members to get this done.

It's just REMARKABLE how clear the air is from my perspective. You should try it..
It is easier for people of very low intelligence to just trot out "rwnj" and be done with it.

Thinking is just too damned difficult for some.

they're the ones smart enough to understand where to draw that constitutional line with religion.

It is easier for people of very low intelligence to just trot out "rwnj" and be done with it.

Don't you mean when people of very low intelligence just trot out "Commie Green Party"?

Don't you mean when people of very low intelligence just trot out "Commie Green Party"?
Of the two of us, only one was intelligent enough to recognize the tongue in cheek.

there's a difference between mocking people for their political beliefs vs mocking people just because they are religious.

i see sillyboob doing that a lot and i've given him shit over it, on occasion... he's a lib who happens to be a jerk.

that said, religious fundamentalists with specific political agendas deserve to be mocked.

the op and his grandstanding apologists are conveniently conflating all sorts of issues just as an opportunity to mock liberals.

I just SUPPORT religious people..

^ they're either not smart enough or not honest enough to realize...

opposition to a political agenda is not opposition to a religion or to "people of faith".

Last edited:
This is so fascinating to watch, and election of London's new mayor is shedding even more light on it.

Members of one specific religion - a religion with a current record of extreme violence, intimidation and terror - are telling us precisely what they're going to do, and they're doing it. It's expansion is clear and rapid and undeniable. We're watching it happen in real time, particularly across Europe. This isn't a partisan or religious opinion, it is a clear fact, based on observation.

Meanwhile, a group of people - the Regressive Left (as honest liberal Bill Maher refers to them), a group all too happy to attack the misdeeds of another religion (Christianity, obviously) in absolutely every possible way, at absolutely every opportunity, are bending over backwards to be defensive and so very tolerant of the first religion. A religion, by the way, that treats women and gays as lesser objects, among other behaviors that the Regressive Leftists loathe.

Exactly what is happening here?

Is this just a petulant, knee-jerk reaction against Christianity and conservatives, is it that simple? Are they willing to be so very tolerant of one specific religion just to be contrarian against certain other people they hate?

Or could it be more? Is this behavior related to the payback tactics that we're seeing with race and wealth? Or perhaps do they harbor certain affinities for the religion to which they won't openly admit?

And directly to the Regressive Leftists here: I'm certainly not, nor do I ever, expect a straight, clear and honest answer from you on this. What I expect from you is the standard deflection, derision, personal insults and name-calling. I know that's what we'll get, it's an easy prediction. This thread is specifically about your behaviors, not about Islam. I'm just curious about this, and perhaps some other responses will shed some light or provide some clues.

Notice that

the OP mentions the London mayoral election, and then, before a single poster has made a comment here on it,

proceeds to tell us what the left has said about it.

poor mac
echo.gif

Notice that the OP mentions the London mayoral election, and then, before a single poster has made a comment here on it,

proceeds to tell us what the left has said about it.

happens all the time here...

nutjob goes into a preemptive thread tizzy fabricating reactions to suit their smear agenda.

sometimes they even create a phony character to respond and fulfill the role...

that's when you know what a desperate and delusional loser they must be.

a couple hundred posters, many with multiple accounts, full of sound and fury signifying absolutely nothing.

Yes, I understand how it works and don't necessarily disagree with Sam Harris on his point. I'm pointing out that combating it with the same technique is hardly constructive and Harris and the others are wrong to use it.

Are you British?

One combats "it" by an honest examination of what "it" is and by an honest examination of what liberalism is.

On both counts, the illiberal leftists here have failed miserably.
Mac didn't start this thread in order to have an honest examination nor does he tolerate one. He is only looking for confirmation of his bias.

He certainly succeeded in eliciting confirmation that everything he said was spot-on, however.

I have yet to see a liberal response.

I have yet to see a liberal response.

Can you give an example of a liberal response to the OP that would be acceptable to you?

Can you give an example of a liberal response to the OP that would be acceptable to you?

The first one who shows a willingness to understand what liberalism is all about and what Islam is all about gets the cookie.

Forum List

Back