šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

The repub party is testing our country's democracy

I am observing, you can take it or leave it as you see fit.

It had to do with who was in power when you claim it was trying to take over power. Nothing changed with who was in charge, or who took over weeks later. Blown out of proportion by an order of magnitude, just like the "Mostly peaceful protests" were deflated by an order of magnitude.

He was trying to fix what he thought was a broken election. In the end nothing illegal happened, and your potatohead became president.
You arenā€™t observing, youā€™re inferring. Thereā€™s a difference.

Iā€™m worried about how you describe Trump as trying to ā€œfixā€ the election. Trump doesnā€™t get to declare himself the winner. Thatā€™s what he was trying to do.

If the election was ā€œbrokenā€, thereā€™s a legal system to adjudicate that.

What Trump was trying to do is go around it.

According to you Iā€™m not supposed to care that Trump was trying to have our electors removed and replaced by his political party, because he failed.

What if he doesnā€™t fail next time? Am I supposed to be okay with that?

You arenā€™t observing, youā€™re inferring. Thereā€™s a difference.

Iā€™m worried about how you describe Trump as trying to ā€œfixā€ the election. Trump doesnā€™t get to declare himself the winner. Thatā€™s what he was trying to do.

If the election was ā€œbrokenā€, thereā€™s a legal system to adjudicate that.

What Trump was trying to do is go around it.

According to you Iā€™m not supposed to care that Trump was trying to have our electors removed and replaced by his political party, because he failed.

What if he doesnā€™t fail next time? Am I supposed to be okay with that?

I infer via my observations.

Nah, we just had shady dem things in shady dem jurisdictions moving the vote in the direction preferred by shady dems.

That's what Trump was using. Your side just declared it illegal ex post facto

Just like Gore.

there is caring, and then creating made up crimes to prosecute your political enemies.

Then man the barricades.

Nah, we just had shady dem things in shady dem jurisdictions moving the vote in the direction preferred by shady dems.
There wasnā€™t anything shady. It was all done in the open before the election and was applied equally to all voters.
That's what Trump was using. Your side just declared it illegal ex post facto
Do you think it would be okay if Trump had successfully gotten our electors removed and replaced with his own after the election?

There wasnā€™t anything shady. It was all done in the open before the election and was applied equally to all voters.

Do you think it would be okay if Trump had successfully gotten our electors removed and replaced with his own after the election?

Bullshit.

If the election was fradulent?

It would have started something that this country needs, that's for sure. and exposed Dem malfeasance.

-Book Bans
-Attacks on jurist and judges
-Attacks on election workers
-Denial of Fair Elections

The repub party is testing the very fabric of our democracy. It seems that the judiciary is the only remaining safe guard standing in the way of repubs turning the US into another autocracy. Their quest for one party rule is dangerous to not only our country, but democracies world wide. You want to see an example of a country's leader who is putting his self interest over the laws of their land? Just look at what the far right sector of the Knesset in Isrrael is doing on the orders of Netanyahu. He is trying to get out from under crimes he has committed by usurping the legal system. If trump is re-elected, he will use this as a model to do the same in the US.
The legal system such as a court of law, Jimmie?

:rolleyes-41:

Bullshit.

If the election was fradulent?

It would have started something that this country needs, that's for sure. and exposed Dem malfeasance.
How do we determine that the election was fraudulent?

I donā€™t think politicians can just cancel the election after they see who won because they feel like it.

How am I supposed to feel about that?

How do we determine that the election was fraudulent?

I donā€™t think politicians can just cancel the election after they see who won because they feel like it.

How am I supposed to feel about that?

How do we determine a criminal that hid their crime perfectly is a criminal?

The election wasn't being cancelled, it was being contested.

Feel however you want, however your feelings don't translate into show trials and persecutions being right.

Sounds like you are making an excuse to believe whatever it is you want to believe.

Donā€™t be a moron. You know this has nothing to do with who was president on January 6th, it was about fixing who was going to be president on January 21.

What am I supposed to think about Trump when he was trying to get state legislatures to send new electors for him? Am I supposed to be okay with that?
If the shoe had been on the other foot? What if Hillary had decided to put together a campaign to send fake electors to over turn trump's win in 2026, what would the repubs do? They would be calling for her jailing and calling the efforts ant-democratic. But in this case, when trump and his associates tried to bring down the election, repubs want everyone to turn a blind and and let it go away. What a frigin crop of useless hypocrites?

How do we determine a criminal that hid their crime perfectly is a criminal?

The election wasn't being cancelled, it was being contested.

Feel however you want, however your feelings don't translate into show trials and persecutions being right.
If Trump had his way the election would be cancelled. We vote for electors. Thatā€™s what the election does. If Trump gets his way, the electors are chosen by Republicans for Republicans and not by the voters.

If Trump had his way the election would be cancelled. We vote for electors. Thatā€™s what the election does. If Trump gets his way, the electors are chosen by Republicans for Republicans and not by the voters.

Now you are assuming facts not in evidence. He stepped down at the appointed time.

Now you are assuming facts not in evidence. He stepped down at the appointed time.
What exactly am I assuming?

Are you denying that Trump was asking state legislatures to replace the Biden electors

We have the testimony from the legislators saying exactly that. It wasnā€™t even really a secret in 2020 when he was doing it.

Are you denying that Trump was asking state legislatures to replace the Biden electors

We have the testimony from the legislators saying exactly that. It wasnā€™t even really a secret in 2020 when he was doing it.

Because he thought the elections in those states were fraudulent. He asked the proper authority to do what he thought was the proper thing.

Again, it wasn't a secret because it was not illegal. Nothing he did was illegal.

Because he thought the elections in those states were fraudulent. He asked the proper authority to do what he thought was the proper thing.

Again, it wasn't a secret because it was not illegal. Nothing he did was illegal.
So if Republicans think the election is fraudulent (whether itā€™s true or not) they can void the election?

And Iā€™m supposed to think thatā€™s okay? Iā€™m supposed to not have a problem with that?

So if Republicans think the election is fraudulent (whether itā€™s true or not) they can void the election?

And Iā€™m supposed to think thatā€™s okay? Iā€™m supposed to not have a problem with that?

How is contesting it voiding it?

The election wasn't voided. Nothing changed. Nothing COULD have changed via the methods Trump used unless the election was actually fraudulent and people believed it was fraudulent.

Did Gore void the 2000 election?

Using alternative electors is perfectly legal, according to the Electoral Count Act of 1887. So there was no law broken.

How is contesting it voiding it?
Because when Republicans choose the electors instead of the people, the election is voided.

There is no election.

What do you mean nothing ā€œcould have changedā€?

Thereā€™s a huge difference between the election being fraudulent and people believing itā€™s fraudulent.

Using alternative electors is perfectly legal, according to the Electoral Count Act of 1887. So there was no law broken.
What part of the law says that people can declare themselves to be electors?

Forum List

Back