The Republican Plan

Kind of off topic here, but, does anyone else not think out debt ceiling method is backwards? We spend money...then we have to raise the debt ceiling to cover what we already spent. That's just backwards. Really when you promise to pay money in the future, you've essentially raised the debt ceiling at that point. You are not raising the debt ceiling to cover future expense, but past expenses....which means the whole idea of a debt ceiling is pointless, because you've already spent the money.

Isn't the idea of having a debt ceiling supposed to be that it is a limiting factor on our spending? But if we are raising the debt ceiling to cover money already spent...then the debt ceiling isn't really a ceiling at all. It should work like...we raise the debt ceiling to borrow more money for future expenditures, but we're spending money, then just raising the ceiling to cover.
We might agree on what should be, but the fact remains the debt ceiling is about paying due bills. It has nothing to do with future expenditures. Repubs don't seem to understand that, or to even care.

Since the Republicans feel so powerful right now, how come I don't hear about the big political plan to lower food and gasoline prices, cure inflation, and the many other things they blame the Democrats for. I think they should get on this problem right away. Don't you?

The Republicans cannot do much when Schumer won't even bring their bills up for a vote and Biden will be told by his handlers to veto anything that made it to his desk.

What they can do, however, is not pass these insane spending bills themselves and just maybe they can throw enough light on the gross corruption that some reforms will be politically expedient on the part of the Democrats. That will help give business and commerce some feeling of stability--they have none right now with Biden constantly moving the goal posts and the Democrats doing nothing that isn't politically self serving. And that will help inflation to begin to ease.

Since the Republicans feel so powerful right now, how come I don't hear about the big political plan to lower food and gasoline prices, cure inflation, and the many other things they blame the Democrats for. I think they should get on this problem right away. Don't you?

The republican plan is to do whatever thier wef masters tell them to do and get rich while doing it

Seems you forgot......
Dems have the Senate AND the WH.....and a very large part of the House.

Duh

Dems are the reason that they are not proposing plans. They are proposing plans that have nothing to do with inflation and other things they are complaining about. They are passing plans that are DOA in the Senate.

First order of business would be to get the lawlessness and corruption of the Left under control first.
Everything else would then fall into place nicely.
This lawlessness and corruption are things made up by Republicans. They have no basis in reality.

The experienced Republican politicians know what actually caused the inflation, but they have to play the game for the base. So in public, they can scream and point the finger at Biden, but they know that what can be done is being done.

There are now a few talk radio True Believers like Boebert and MTG, but the rest know better.

Quit your damn whining, didn't you loons claim it was "transitory".

Inflation is caused by big businesses holding monopolies in many industries and raising prices to fatten their bottom line. They are not raising prices because they have to.

Inflation is caused by big businesses holding monopolies in many industries and raising prices to fatten their bottom line. They are not raising prices because they have to.
The government can easily stop inflation with price controls. Nixon did it in the early 70s and he was a Republican. It was also done during WW2 and some of the price controls could've extended beyond the war. Many Republican economists back then recognized the efficacy of government-imposed price controls. Inflation is an artificial crisis, because the government in the vast majority of cases, with very few exceptions, can eliminate it by imposing price controls.

Last edited:
You have no clue what you are talking about. Republicans are the bozos and the country will suffer because of Republicans.

Democrats aren't much better than Republicans. At least the Republicans are honest about their cronyism. They serve the rich and they're open about that. The Democratic Party pretends to be the party of the working class, but they're not. Too little, too late, when it comes to the economy. And at least the Republicans don't inject their children with puberty blockers and they can define what a woman is.

You cure inflation by not blowing money as democrats have. You irresponsible people are cut off!! Food prices will lower once we recover from democrat spending, but it will take a LONG time. You guys really fucked us bad this time.

As for gasoline prices, we are going to need Biden's help on this, but we wont get it. Dems will fight us tooth and nail at every turn as we try to get more drilling leases.

All of your issues are caused by democrats. You wont EVER admit it though. You are dishonest people, or maybe you are all just incredibly stupid and cant see whats right in front of your face. Recognizing the obvious should be a requirement for every voter, then maybe you fucking morons wouldnt elect these people who break everything they touch.

Howler monkey is terrified.

You have no clue what you are talking about. Republicans are the bozos and the country will suffer because of Republicans.
You mean we'll have open borders, food shortages, high gas prices, wars on the brink? That what you mean, howler monkey?

The country's credit rating was lowered because childish repubs refused to do what the country needed. Our government has been shut down because of their childish behavior too. That cost us a fortune.
Yeah, putting us deeper and deeper is doing the right thing.

Brilliant, so you're saying "big businesses" don't need to raise prices to cover the cost of increased wages and increased fuel? How fricken ignorant.

The country's credit rating was lowered because childish repubs refused to do what the country needed. Our government has been shut down because of their childish behavior too. That cost us a fortune.
Howler monkey, democrats have been in charge the last two years. Fail.

Forum List

Back