The Republican War On Women

People who aren't married need to stop having sex?

People who can't afford birth control should remain celibate?

Is that the 'logic' you're spewing?
Idiot he did not say that. But why should I pay for someones mistake or to keep them from having a mistake? You want to play you should pay the full price.
I'm going to Disneyland you should pay half of of what it's going to cost me.

I don't feel the government should, but if I did it would be because it's cheaper than paying for welfare babies. How's that.

I'm not here to bash your views, I just wanted to know your personal opinion. Thank you.

I don't feel the government should do this either. Somehow, someway spending has to be reduced. It's necessity, and I would not want to pay a 40-50% tax rate in my future. Both parties are the problem. I have my slant of course, but I'm not so dim to think only one group is responsible for this mess.

Idiot he did not say that. But why should I pay for someones mistake or to keep them from having a mistake? You want to play you should pay the full price.

You two interchangeable, Sparky? No wonder you always have wood. There's two of you.

I don't feel the government should, but if I did it would be because it's cheaper than paying for welfare babies. How's that.

When NEITHER should be happening at ALL...

So which is a war on women? Policies that encourage welfare babies and thereby keep women poor and dependent?

Or policies that encourage women to be responsible and not produce babies they cannot or will not support?

You two interchangeable, Sparky? No wonder you always have wood. There's two of you.

The rep is for the complement thank you.

So which is a war on women? Policies that encourage welfare babies and thereby keep women poor and dependent?

Or policies that encourage women to be responsible and not produce babies they cannot or will not support?

I KNOW the proper course...but it is in NO WAY a 'War On Women'...and that would be the latter. You MAY preface/couple it with the word responsibility...:)

You know that's one of things besides the military, that I don't mind paying for with my taxes.

I like helping children even if their patents are lame.

I do believe that we need the best military in a world so full of radical liberals communists dictator jihadists.

I'm sorry if you've been in a vacuum for the past year, but Sandra Fluke's issue is a very, VERY small part of the crap that's been going on with regard to the Repubs writing crazy ass bills.

Senate Dems Betray Lilly

BY: Andrew Stiles - May 24, 2012 5:00 am

Senate Democrats pay female staffers less than male staffers

A group of Democratic female senators on Wednesday declared war on the so-called “gender pay gap,” urging their colleagues to pass the aptly named Paycheck Fairness Act when Congress returns from recess next month. However, a substantial gender pay gap exists in their own offices, a Washington Free Beacon analysis of Senate salary data reveals.

Of the five senators who participated in Wednesday’s press conference—Barbara Mikulski (D., Md.), Patty Murray (D., Wash.), Debbie Stabenow (D., Mich.), Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.) and Barbara Boxer (D., Calif.)—three pay their female staff members significantly less than male staffers.

Murray, who has repeatedly accused Republicans of waging a “war a women,” is one of the worst offenders. Female members of Murray’s staff made about $21,000 less per year than male staffers in 2011, a difference of 35.2 percent.

That is well above the 23 percent gap that Democrats claim exists between male and female workers nationwide. The figure is based on a 2010 U.S. Census Bureau report, and is technically accurate. However, as CNN’s Lisa Sylvester has reported, when factors such as area of employment, hours of work, and time in the workplace are taken into account, the gap shrinks to about 5 percent.

A significant “gender gap” exists in Feinstein’s office, where women also made about $21,000 less than men in 2011, but the percentage difference—41 percent—was even higher than Murray’s.

Boxer’s female staffers made about $5,000 less, a difference of 7.3 percent.

The Free Beacon used publicly available salary data from the transparency website Legistorm to calculate the figures, and considered only current full-time staff members who were employed for the entirety of fiscal year 2011.

The employee gender pay gap among Senate Democrats was not limited to Murray, Boxer, and Feinstein. Of the 50 members of the Senate Democratic caucus examined in the analysis, 37 senators paid their female staffers less than male staffers.

Senators elected in 2010—Joe Manchin, Chris Coons, and Richard Blumenthal—were not considered due to incomplete salary data.

Women working for Senate Democrats in 2011 pulled in an average salary of $60,877. Men made about $6,500 more.

While the gap is significant, it is slightly smaller than that of the White House, which pays men about $10,000, or 13 percent, more on average, according to a previous Free Beacon analysis.

The pay differential is quite striking in some cases, especially among leading Democrats. Sen. Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.), who runs the Senate Democratic messaging operation, paid men $19,454 more on average, a 36 percent difference.

Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D., Ill.) paid men $13,063 more, a difference of 23 percent.

Other notable Senators whose “gender pay gap” was larger than 23 percent:

•Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.)—47.6 percent
•Sen. Jeff Bingaman (D., N.M.)—40 percent
•Sen. Jon Tester (D., Mont.)—34.2 percent
•Sen. Ben Cardin (D., Md.)—31.5 percent
•Sen. Tom Carper (D., Del.)—30.4 percent
•Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D., Minn.)–29.7 percent
•Sen. Kent Conrad (D., N.D.)–29.2 percent
•Sen. Bill Nelson (D., Fla.)—26.5 percent
•Sen. Ron Wyden (D., Ore)—26.4 percent
•Sen. Tom Harkin (D., Iowa)—23.2 percent

Senate Dems Betray Lilly | Washington Free Beacon

Senate Dems Betray Lilly

A group of Democratic female senators on Wednesday declared war on the so-called “gender pay gap,” urging their colleagues to pass the aptly named Paycheck Fairness Act when Congress returns from recess next month. However, a substantial gender pay gap exists in their own offices, a Washington Free Beacon analysis of Senate salary data reveals.

Of the five senators who participated in Wednesday’s press conference—Barbara Mikulski (D., Md.), Patty Murray (D., Wash.), Debbie Stabenow (D., Mich.), Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.) and Barbara Boxer (D., Calif.)—three pay their female staff members significantly less than male staffers.

Murray, who has repeatedly accused Republicans of waging a “war a women,” is one of the worst offenders. Female members of Murray’s staff made about $21,000 less per year than male staffers in 2011, a difference of 35.2 percent.

That is well above the 23 percent gap that Democrats claim exists between male and female workers nationwide. The figure is based on a 2010 U.S. Census Bureau report, and is technically accurate. However, as CNN’s Lisa Sylvester has reported, when factors such as area of employment, hours of work, and time in the workplace are taken into account, the gap shrinks to about 5 percent.

A significant “gender gap” exists in Feinstein’s office, where women also made about $21,000 less than men in 2011, but the percentage difference—41 percent—was even higher than Murray’s.

The Free Beacon used publicly available salary data from the transparency website Legistorm to calculate the figures, and considered only current full-time staff members who were employed for the entirety of fiscal year 2011.

The employee gender pay gap among Senate Democrats was not limited to Murray, Boxer, and Feinstein. Of the 50 members of the Senate Democratic caucus examined in the analysis, 37 senators paid their female staffers less than male staffers.

Senators elected in 2010—Joe Manchin, Chris Coons, and Richard Blumenthal—were not considered due to incomplete salary data.

Women working for Senate Democrats in 2011 pulled in an average salary of $60,877. Men made about $6,500 more.

While the gap is significant, it is slightly smaller than that of the White House, which pays men about $10,000, or 13 percent, more on average, according to a previous Free Beacon analysis.

The pay differential is quite striking in some cases, especially among leading Democrats. Sen. Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.), who runs the Senate Democratic messaging operation, paid men $19,454 more on average, a 36 percent difference.

Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D., Ill.) paid men $13,063 more, a difference of 23 percent.

Oh, but that cannot be! Many Republicans have explained to me time and time again that there is no pay differential.

Therefore, your argument is invalid.

Senate Dems Betray Lilly

Oh, but that cannot be! Many Republicans have explained to me time and time again that there is no pay differential.

ROTFLMAO

Let's just ignore the facts.

This isn't about the gap that does not exist...and many in this thread have justified the gap, not denied it.

You are to lame for words.

It is the dems who are pushing the bill despite the fact tha they committ the same "crime".

Are you really this stupid ?

Senate Dems Betray Lilly

ROTFLMAO

This isn't about the gap that does not exist...and many in this thread have justified the gap, not denied it.

It is the dems who are pushing the bill despite the fact tha they committ the same "crime".

Seriously? You're attacking me because when I started a thread on this very subject, I was ridiculed into the ground? Every RWNJ on the forum lined up to tell me I was completely clueless. But now that it's your ammo, it's reality? Getthefuckouttahere.

I'm sorry if you've been in a vacuum for the past year, but Sandra Fluke's issue is a very, VERY small part of the crap that's been going on with regard to the Repubs writing crazy ass bills.

So, while I've been in this vacuum, you think I should be buying your contraceptives? Sorry, but I think that's pretty crazy ass. What isn't crazy ass is the responsible choice to not have sex until you can afford contraceptives or can afford to support a baby as he or she deserves to be supported.

What isn't crazy ass is making it the right thing to do to stay in school, educate yourself, stay away from illegal substances and other illegal activities, learn a trade, develop a work ethic, and to get married to a responsible guy before you have kids. That prescription will ensure that women are in no way disadvantaged in society and their kids have an excellent chance not to grow up in poverty.

ANY other prescription I see as a war on women. And that isn't coming from the Republicans.

ROTFLMAO

Seriously? You're attacking me because when I started a thread on this very subject, I was ridiculed into the ground? Every RWNJ on the forum lined up to tell me I was completely clueless. But now that it's your ammo, it's reality? Getthefuckouttahere.

Pull you head out of your ass.

Many of them defended the gap.

All you did was call them the names you won't call these piss poor hypocrites.

The gap exists. It always has.

Why ? You've never been able to explain why it is there.

Others try and you just call them sexist.

Maybe you need to Get........

ROTFLMAO

Am I really that stupid? Who's the ass fedora who keeps engaging me in conversation? If I'm that damn dumb, then STFU.

And maybe I need to get - what?

Little, little man. Not even a big fish in a big pond; more like a minnow.

Am I really that stupid? Who's the ass fedora who keeps engaging me in conversation? If I'm that damn dumb, then STFU.

Hahahahahahaha....your posts are so revealing.

Once again.....

Many on the right did not say there was no gap...they said there was a reason for it. All you did was call them sexists for explaining it.

Now, you're faced with your heros doing the same stuff and you obfuscate the point.

Why don't you stop your electronic babbling and post something relevant.

Like why, in 40 years, they have not been able to defeat the gap despite the fact that they have tried and tried.

Another thing you losers never addressed is how you would deal with the fact that there can be quite a pay gap between two men or two women doing the same job.

I realize that requires thought.....so don't hurt yourself.

On second thought......

Hahahahahahaha....your posts are so revealing.

Once again.....

Many on the right did not say there was no gap...they said there was a reason for it. All you did was call them sexists for explaining it.

Now, you're faced with your heros doing the same stuff and you obfuscate the point.

Why don't you stop your electronic babbling and post something relevant.

Like why, in 40 years, they have not been able to defeat the gap despite the fact that they have tried and tried.

Another thing you losers never addressed is how you would deal with the fact that there can be quite a pay gap between two men or two women doing the same job.

I realize that requires thought.....so don't hurt yourself.

On second thought......

There's an 'e' in heroes, by the way.

Easy ;) The latter. It's called responsibility. :eusa_shifty:

In 2011 over 600 anti choice bills were introduced at the state level by Republicans.

From the Center for Reproductive Rights' 2010-11 annual report:

"The Center is hard-pressed to cite a time in the last twenty years that can rival -- in volume and in severity -- this most recent period of anti-woman, anti-child, and anti-health legislative action in the United States."

In 2011 over 600 anti choice bills were introduced at the state level by Republicans.

From the Center for Reproductive Rights' 2010-11 annual report:

"The Center is hard-pressed to cite a time in the last twenty years that can rival -- in volume and in severity -- this most recent period of anti-woman, anti-child, and anti-health legislative action in the United States."

And Romney has still closed the gap and passed Obama (at least that was the case several days ago).

Must be that women don't see it you way.

BTW: Scott CakeWalker will be around for some time after June 5.

Forum List

Back