The rich don’t pay their fair share.

All anyone need do is review how things were societally before when we've had at various time frames BOTH 70% and 90% marginal tax rates, there's no mystery around any of it. The corporate state is very nervous.

Yeah why don't you review it dummy. This time pay attention to the tax shelters and investment options that guaranteed the rich never paid anywhere near 70% or 90%. Then pay attention to why this was changed so that the rich would be encouraged to take risks, start new businesses, expand existing businesses, creating jobs for the middle class and wealth to fund welfare for all you mooching deadbeats.
It worked once in 1982 and has been a terrible failure ever since, super dupe. Except for bloating the super rich... And that was cutting the top rate to 50%...

We’ve heard these words thousands of times. For those that agree they don’t, what does it mean to you? If taxes go up to 70% - 90% for “rich” folks, do you feel your taxes won’t go up? Let’s say you’re income is between $38,700 - $82,500, currently paying 22%. How much should your taxes go up? Or for some reason do you feel if the rich pay more, then you’ll get more?

All anyone need do is review how things were societally before when we've had at various time frames BOTH 70% and 90% marginal tax rates, there's no mystery around any of it. The corporate state is very nervous.

Why do your posts always go in circles and never have a point?
Do you have an argument to make today hon?

And you wonder why you get banned. You never state an opinion just useless anecdotes

Yeah why don't you review it dummy. This time pay attention to the tax shelters and investment options that guaranteed the rich never paid anywhere near 70% or 90%. Then pay attention to why this was changed so that the rich would be encouraged to take risks, start new businesses, expand existing businesses, creating jobs for the middle class and wealth to fund welfare for all you mooching deadbeats.

Eggzactly, and they don't even pay what they're obligated to now either. New upstart businesses are crippled in trying to compete with concentrated corporate wealth and power. The wealthy do not take risks, they bought up your media machine and your representation so they would have to.

The rich pay the lions share of the taxes. You are either a liar or ignorant.

Eggzactly, and they don't even pay what they're obligated to now either. New upstart businesses are crippled in trying to compete with concentrated corporate wealth and power. The wealthy do not take risks, they bought up your media machine and your representation so they would have to.

The rich pay the lions share of the taxes. You are either a liar or ignorant.
Yep, Which is unfair.

t worked once in 1982 and has been a terrible failure ever since, super dupe. Except for bloating the super rich... And that was cutting the top rate to 50%...

Franco its like you want me to mock you. The wealth of the nation has more than doubled in recent times. Who do you think created that wealth? :itsok:

So you don’t think people took risks to become wealthy? Seriously?

I think the entire political and economic system is fraudulent and corrupted.

So everyone who is successful stole? You’re just plain wrong. If I went to eight years of med school and residency and save lives how am I stealing? Do tell.

well when you want a country full of slackers, this is what one would do, take the rich's money and end all jobs. It's why the dems never could create jobs.

We’ve heard these words thousands of times. For those that agree they don’t, what does it mean to you? If taxes go up to 70% - 90% for “rich” folks, do you feel your taxes won’t go up? Let’s say you’re income is between $38,700 - $82,500, currently paying 22%. How much should your taxes go up? Or for some reason do you feel if the rich pay more, then you’ll get more?
Democrats have been saying for years that it should only be tax hikes on over 250,000 and higher, and tax cuts for the rest. Change the channel and read something, super duper.

Actually, Obama started with $500,000 and higher, then it became $250,000 and higher. With the new crew in there it may become $50,000 and over.

It worked once in 1982 and has been a terrible failure ever since, super dupe. Except for bloating the super rich... And that was cutting the top rate to 50%...

And that's about the time frame the economic system's re-rigging for the benefit of the aristocracy really got underway in earnest. There HAS been a societally detrimental extraction, concentration and redistribution of wealth. Just not in the direction the corporate state media machine is always blathering on about.

When I was in the military, federal tax withholding was calculated at 28 percent. If you also had to pay state tax, then an additional 4 percent was withheld. I know these things because I worked in the Personnel office.

Good for you....what's your point?

You said income between 38,700 and 82,500 is currently taxed at 22 percent. I simply pointed out that in the military, EVERYONE, regardless of income level paid in federal tax at the flat rate of 28 percent, and if you also had to pay state tax (some states didn't tax the military), you paid in an additional 4 percent.

So, in short, 22 percent is not accurate for people in the military. If they don't pay state tax, they pay in 28 percent of their income. If they pay in state tax as well, then their taxes are withheld at 32 percent.

Didn't want it to get too complicated for some of you folks.
The New 2018 Federal Income Tax Brackets & Rates

You are correct, when you file your taxes, that is when you fall into the various tax brackets. Doesn't change the fact that the military withholds at 28 percent for federal and 4 percent for state. If you paid in too much during the year, then you will get a refund. But, the bottom line is that military pay has withholdings at 28 to 32 percent. Yes, you get the money back in a refund, but until then, it's held by the government.

well when you want a country full of slackers, this is what one would do, take the rich's money and end all jobs.
The aristocracy is ending all jobs anyway, as quickly as they can.

LOL, what a surprise, you worked once in 1982....even better you've been a terrible failure since. I am shocked.

So everyone who is successful stole? You’re just plain wrong. If I went to eight years of med school and residency and save lives how am I stealing? Do tell.

If you wish to assign points of view you expect someone else to argue I'm afraid you'll need to run along and find someone else to do this with. What I posted was thus:

In response to your:

No. Don't be so silly and naive. Not everyone who is wealthy took risks, why do you think they hate the "inheritance/estate tax" so much? They know. Some people take risks just to work for wealthy assholes.

LOL, what a surprise, you worked once in 1982....even better you've been a terrible failure since. I am shocked.
Our system is a failure.

You better go back to listening to Fox and Rush, because you don't seem to be able to read, super duper. LOL

You better go back to listening to Fox and Rush, because you don't seem to be able to read, super duper. LOL

Parrots and parakeets.

When I was in the military, federal tax withholding was calculated at 28 percent. If you also had to pay state tax, then an additional 4 percent was withheld. I know these things because I worked in the Personnel office.

This is not true, none of it. The FITW for military is determined the same as for everyone else out of the military, you declare how many exemptions you have, and together with however much your adjusted gross income is, the FITW is computed. There's no way in hell a private pays the same 28% that a general might pay. And the withholding for state taxes depends on the state, it is NOT a flat 4%.

ABS may have worked in Personnel, but that ain't the same as Finance where they cover Accounting and Payments issues. There's no way in hell he or anyone else should have been privy to anyone else's pay records, let alone everybody's pay records. That's need to know stuff.

Our system is a failure.

Well, the other option, and more likely, is that some people are failures.

Our system is a failure.
Whenever the scumbag GOP gets control... Check out the twenties and 1929, Reagan and the SNL Scandal, and worst of all George W bush the total disaster. And now Trump is screwing things up with chaos and stupidity. The number one person who should change the channel and read something...

This is not true, none of it. The FITW for military is determined the same as for everyone else out of the military, you declare how many exemptions you have, and together with however much your adjusted gross income is, the FITW is computed. There's no way in hell a private pays the same 28% that a general might pay. And the withholding for state taxes depends on the state, it is NOT a flat 4%.

ABS may have worked in Personnel, but that ain't the same as Finance where they cover Accounting and Payments issues. There's no way in hell he or anyone else should have been privy to anyone else's pay records, let alone everybody's pay records. That's need to know stuff.

Wanna bet? I did all the calculations for a persons pay (advancements, selective reenlistment bonuses, etc.), sent that to the Disbursing office, where they annotated it on the LES (Leave and Earnings Statement). And, I would check to make sure that the things were processed when I verified the Enlisted Distribution and Verification Report when it arrived monthly. And, when I was on the USNS CONCORD (T-AFS-5), I was the ONLY admin type onboard to take care of 35 personnel. Sorry, but you know nothing about what a PN did.

Forum List

Back