The Russians want a Civil War in the US

A dear friend of mine is on our Church Council. He is a liberal. He is not an atheist. Ditto his family. They are fellow Americans in my eyes, worthy of my love (and my attempts to sway them from their beliefs!)

That begs the question: what Church Council supports a party that also supports abortion which is against all Christian values?
Mine doesn't. My friend does. Both things can be true at the same time. The world isn't as two dimensional as some would like.

I was raised Catholic. Even went to an all Catholic school and I served as an alter boy.

To say your friend belongs to a party that's directly against Christian values is like saying your friend was a professional hit man or thief and also serves as a Church Council. Or is that too two dimensional for you?

Lighten up, Pope Francis. I believe in freedom of religion, like the Constitution says. And I judge not, as the Bible teaches me. My friend has a good heart and is misguided in some of his policy beliefs. It is my job to help him see, not to condemn him and disassociate from him. Or is that too nuanced for you?

By the way, it's "altar."

That's fine and dandy. If you think your friend has a good heart, good for you. But that doesn't negate he supports a party that has opposing values to his religion, and that's hypocritical. And it has nothing to do with freedom of religion.
So what do you recommend I do? Should I kill him?

That begs the question: what Church Council supports a party that also supports abortion which is against all Christian values?
Mine doesn't. My friend does. Both things can be true at the same time. The world isn't as two dimensional as some would like.

I was raised Catholic. Even went to an all Catholic school and I served as an alter boy.

To say your friend belongs to a party that's directly against Christian values is like saying your friend was a professional hit man or thief and also serves as a Church Council. Or is that too two dimensional for you?

Lighten up, Pope Francis. I believe in freedom of religion, like the Constitution says. And I judge not, as the Bible teaches me. My friend has a good heart and is misguided in some of his policy beliefs. It is my job to help him see, not to condemn him and disassociate from him. Or is that too nuanced for you?

That's fine and dandy. If you think your friend has a good heart, good for you. But that doesn't negate he supports a party that has opposing values to his religion, and that's hypocritical. And it has nothing to do with freedom of religion.

No, just come to the realization that real Christians do not support the Democrat party or liberalism. Their christianity is as phony as a three dollar bill. Also, don't make the claim that liberals are true Christians when they are not.

So I should tell him he's a fake and that only I can arbitrate understanding between him and his God. Got it. That ought to work well.

No, just come to the realization that real Christians do not support the Democrat party or liberalism. Their christianity is as phony as a three dollar bill. Also, don't make the claim that liberals are true Christians when they are not.

I think I understand. I should tell my friend that I alone can tell him who is a Christian and who is not. And he is not. That ought to work well.

So I should tell him he's a fake and that only I can arbitrate understanding between him and his God. Got it. That ought to work well.

I think I understand. I should tell my friend that I alone can tell him who is a Christian and who is not. And he is not. That ought to work well.

Or......you can ask him why he belongs to a party that promotes and protects abortion which is against his supposed creed. I think that would work better.

Forum List

Back