The simple truth of the marijuana issue

Because that was 9 years ago.

So the "new" Democrat Party is not 100% sold out to the ATTORNEY LOBBY as they were in 2009?

LMFAO!!!!

That's like saying Hillary is mentally stable...

Because marijuana legalization was below 50%
oipgf4ki7esm2julst_htq.gif

Trend was there but not enough to take the plunge other than the Obama administration not threatening states and letting them enforce their own pot laws.

California is going to get filthy rich making pot legal.
It should be legal in all 50 states.
Selling it to whom? Themselves? The massive surplus driving the price....up?... Or are you suggesting they traffick a clear surplus across state lines?

See why Sessions is getting involved? :popcorn:
Not suggesting that at all. Pot is a valuable commodity that millions will pay good money for, thus the state will get rich, taxes will go down and everyone wins.
You’re on the little racist garden gnome’s side?
Reallly?

The state will get rich and taxes will go down?? WTF, sure the state will get rich but that's about it...at least in California.

Trend was there but not enough to take the plunge other than the Obama administration not threatening states and letting them enforce their own pot laws.

You can't even tell the truth of what Obama and Holder actually did.

Obama on the campaign trail promised not to prosecute those in compliance with state reefer law. Then he got elected, and like every other Dem, he proved himself to be a big big sellout left wing LIAR...

Dickinson: Obama's War on Pot

Back when he was running for president in 2008, Barack Obama insisted that medical marijuana was an issue best left to state and local governments. "I'm not going to be using Justice Department resources to try to circumvent state laws on this issue," he vowed, promising an end to the Bush administration's high-profile raids on providers of medical pot, which is legal in 16 states and the District of Columbia.

But over the past year, the Obama administration has quietly unleashed a multiagency crackdown on medical cannabis that goes far beyond anything undertaken by George W. Bush. The feds are busting growers who operate in full compliance with state laws, vowing to seize the property of anyone who dares to even rent to legal pot dispensaries, and threatening to imprison state employees responsible for regulating medical marijuana. With more than 100 raids on pot dispensaries during his first three years, Obama is now on pace to exceed Bush's record for medical-marijuana busts. "There's no question that Obama's the worst president on medical marijuana," says Rob Kampia, executive director of the Marijuana Policy Project. "He's gone from first to worst."

Once again, we find Democrats doing what they always do...

STEAL
LIE
HATE
DISCRIMINATE

The state will get rich and taxes will go down?? WTF, sure the state will get rich but that's about it...at least in California.

How does a state get rich selling an oversurplus of pot to itself? I've heard people are giving it away in CA. Oh, you mean exporting it to other states in the Union for sale that haven't "legalized" it, so the prices are high. So California is a cartel then.

And you wonder why Sessions is stepping in.

How does a state get rich selling an oversurplus of pot to itself? I've heard people are giving it away in CA. Oh, you mean exporting it to other states in the Union for sale that haven't "legalized" it, so the prices are high. So California is a cartel then.

depends; cigarettes sales still happen and not everyone wants to grow their own tobacco.

depends; cigarettes sales still happen and not everyone wants to grow their own tobacco.

How much commercial tobacco is grown in CA? Needs a lot of water I've heard. So does pot. If CA succeeds in getting the other states in the Union on board to lobby Congress to take pot off of Schedule 1 so they can "make a killing" off of it (while it then can be grown in every state in the Union), mass production will instantly shift to water rich states...and CA will have lobbied itself into a mere consumer position. Smart. Same with CO and all the other rogue states that decided to take pot off of Schedule 1 without the other states having a say so.

These states lobbying to get rich off of pot are actually lobbying it for exports to states where it isn't legal. Because that's the only way they can make money from a plant everyone could grow in their back yard if it was legal where it's sold. These states so lobbying are actually cartels.

How much commercial tobacco is grown in CA? Needs a lot of water I've heard. So does pot. If CA succeeds in getting the other states in the Union on board to lobby Congress to take pot off of Schedule 1 so they can "make a killing" off of it (while it then can be grown in every state in the Union), mass production will instantly shift to water rich states...and CA will have lobbied itself into a mere consumer position. Smart. Same with CO and all the other rogue states that decided to take pot off of Schedule 1 without the other states having a say so.

These states lobbying to get rich off of pot are actually lobbying it for exports to states where it isn't legal. Because that's the only way they can make money from a plant everyone could grow in their back yard if it was legal where it's sold. These states so lobbying are actually cartels.
Some people grow tobacco and other plants, in California. I am saving up to invest in plant shelters.

You may want to direct your question to reasonable for a more specific answer. I don't doubt California will receive lots of money from taxing weed. No way in hell will taxes be lowered though.

You may want to direct your question to reasonable for a more specific answer. I don't doubt California will receive lots of money from taxing weed. No way in hell will taxes be lowered though.
So let me get this straight. A state famous forever for growing weed illegally, will suddenly have people lining up at dispensaries willing to pay huge taxes on weed that costs them more than if they went out in the flooded black market there and bought it from a friend. Meanwhile this same state somehow will make profit off of "legal" (Still Schedule 1 = trafficking) pot, just selling it this inflated way in its own borders? And, we're expected to believe that CA state lawmakers aren't penciling in anticipated profits by selling a surplus outside CA's borders?

Meanwhile, decreased productivity of new throngs of potheads will tax the overburdened entitlement programs in CA, leading to CA going bankrupt, or asking the fed for bailout money.

And the nation where this pot will be shipped for sale illegally, who will have to join together to bail out CA's stupidity, is supposed to be raising its arms in celebration?....All while Mexico scrambles together more and more and more heroin to mule over to the US to make up for deficits they're encountering as the price of pot plummets in the States because of these new cartel-state competitors to their old business?

This is good for our nation...how?

I don't doubt California will receive lots of money from taxing weed. No way in hell will taxes be lowered though.

The greed of those in government is larger than the star Antares.....

My guess is they'll use some of the money to fund some of the government pensions that are way behind. Although the bulk of funds will probably go into "rainy day" funds. Unfortunate that nothing will go to the BS bullet train, homelessness and/or preventing illegals from committing crimes let alone entering the state.

My guess, is that the Dems in the CA government make that money VANISH and RAISE TAXES because their GREED is OFF THE SCALE....

So let me get this straight. A state famous forever for growing weed illegally, will suddenly have people lining up at dispensaries willing to pay huge taxes on weed that costs them more than if they went out in the flooded black market there and bought it from a friend. Meanwhile this same state somehow will make profit off of "legal" (Still Schedule 1 = trafficking) pot, just selling it this inflated way in its own borders? And, we're expected to believe that CA state lawmakers aren't penciling in anticipated profits by selling a surplus outside CA's borders?

Meanwhile, decreased productivity of new throngs of potheads will tax the overburdened entitlement programs in CA, leading to CA going bankrupt, or asking the fed for bailout money.

And the nation where this pot will be shipped for sale illegally, who will have to join together to bail out CA's stupidity, is supposed to be raising its arms in celebration?....All while Mexico scrambles together more and more and more heroin to mule over to the US to make up for deficits they're encountering as the price of pot plummets in the States because of these new cartel-state competitors to their old business?

This is good for our nation...how?

Slow that came down pal, I'm not for legalizing pot in California. Living here and seeing how screwed up California state government is just gives me a little more insight than those that live in other states.

The simple truth is that conservatives and Republicans are once again out of touch with the majority of the American people.

The simple truth is that the problem isn’t states decriminalizing marijuana use consistent with the will of the people of those states, but Congressional Republicans’ refusal to amend Federal marijuana law enforcement policy.
the simple truth is,you dont know what the hell you are talking about jones....many righties smoke pot and want it at least decriminalized just as much as the lefty crowd....thats how out of touch you are with the people.....care to comment?.....or will you run off to another thread and do another drive by post?...

The simple truth is Republicans once again voting against their own interests. Isn't that what you meant to say?
no not at all.....i was talking about pot not politics.....

You can't even tell the truth of what Obama and Holder actually did.

Obama on the campaign trail promised not to prosecute those in compliance with state reefer law. Then he got elected, and like every other Dem, he proved himself to be a big big sellout left wing LIAR...

Dickinson: Obama's War on Pot

Back when he was running for president in 2008, Barack Obama insisted that medical marijuana was an issue best left to state and local governments. "I'm not going to be using Justice Department resources to try to circumvent state laws on this issue," he vowed, promising an end to the Bush administration's high-profile raids on providers of medical pot, which is legal in 16 states and the District of Columbia.

But over the past year, the Obama administration has quietly unleashed a multiagency crackdown on medical cannabis that goes far beyond anything undertaken by George W. Bush. The feds are busting growers who operate in full compliance with state laws, vowing to seize the property of anyone who dares to even rent to legal pot dispensaries, and threatening to imprison state employees responsible for regulating medical marijuana. With more than 100 raids on pot dispensaries during his first three years, Obama is now on pace to exceed Bush's record for medical-marijuana busts. "There's no question that Obama's the worst president on medical marijuana," says Rob Kampia, executive director of the Marijuana Policy Project. "He's gone from first to worst."

Once again, we find Democrats doing what they always do...

STEAL
LIE
HATE
DISCRIMINATE

There is no question that Obama is NOT the worst on medical marijuana.

Justice Department Abandons Obama-Era Marijuana Guidelines

The Justice Department is rescinding an Obama-era policy that essentially removed marijuana from the list of federal drug enforcement priorities as more states legalized it. But officials did not detail what the practical implications might be for marijuana users in states where use is lawful.

When it comes to pot legalization, the Democrats are more likely to be on the side of legalization than Republicans. Where is pot legal for personal use?

Alaska
California
Maine
Massachusetts
Oregon
Washington
Washington D.C.

Notice anything?

Where medical marijuana still illegal:

Alabama
Georgia
Idaho
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Mississippi
Missouri
North Carolina
Oklahoma
Texas
South Dakota

Virginia
Utah
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Hmm, see a pattern yet?

Why do Republicans keep voting against their own interests?

The only thing that will help our national impetus toward national addiction and being a nation of stoners is for the existing cartels to recognize that the US government is merely the newest drug pushing cartel and take appropriate action. Can't you picture the Sinaloa, Felix and Los Zeta cartels joining forced against the US cartel. It would be the mother of all drug wars. It's not like the National Guard will be deployed to protect pot shops.
you get stranger every day around here.....stop drinking the cough syrup,its wasting away whatever you have left in your skull.......

The simple truth is that conservatives and Republicans are once again out of touch with the majority of the American people.

The simple truth is that the problem isn’t states decriminalizing marijuana use consistent with the will of the people of those states, but Congressional Republicans’ refusal to amend Federal marijuana law enforcement policy.
the simple truth is,you dont know what the hell you are talking about jones....many righties smoke pot and want it at least decriminalized just as much as the lefty crowd....thats how out of touch you are with the people.....care to comment?.....or will you run off to another thread and do another drive by post?...

The simple truth is Republicans once again voting against their own interests. Isn't that what you meant to say?
no not at all.....i was talking about pot not politics.....

Legalization is politics.

There is no question that Obama is NOT the worst on medical marijuana

In the end, while either political party has one if its "leaders" outed for being a completely despicable and treasonous liar, and both parties are chock full of 'em, the solution isn't to defend... and Obama is indefensible on pot.... the talking point tactic is always to

EQUIVOCATE....

because no matter how awful your Dem or GOP is, the other side always has someone WORSE....

VOTE LIBERTARIAN

SCREW THE DEMS AND GOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back