Zone1 The term "Personal relationship with Jesus" is not in the Bible

but you know Gods heart that once a person dies it’s too late for prayers for their soul to change anything? Even though Jesus said for God all things are possible?
Yep, that's what the Word says.

This has been respectful. If you're thin skinned you shouldn't debate.
You believe your attitude towards the Catholic faith, Catholic prayer, and Mary have been respectful? My word! Catholics were accused us of worshiping Mary! News flash! Accusing a Christian of worshiping any being other than God by definition is insulting and disrespectful.

So you disagree with Jesus when he said for God all things are possible.

It sounds like you believe all things are possible for God if you allow it.
God's Word and His will are in agreement. God will never act against His word.

You believe your attitude towards the Catholic faith, Catholic prayer, and Mary have been respectful? My word! Catholics were accused us of worshiping Mary! News flash! Accusing a Christian of worshiping any being other than God by definition is insulting and disrespectful.
Mary is dead. She never ascended to Heaven. News flash....she also isn't a virgin.

Mary is dead. She never ascended to Heaven. News flash....she also isn't a virgin.
These are your beliefs. Do you understand others hold alternate beliefs? Should those beliefs be respected when speaking with those who hold the alternate beliefs?

These are your beliefs. Do you understand others hold alternate beliefs? Should those beliefs be respected when speaking with those who hold the alternate beliefs?
No. It's false teaching. The New Testament does not tell us to respect false doctrine. It tells us to reprove and correct false teaching. Read your Bible.

No. It's false teaching.
So...no false teachings or perceptions are coming from you. ;)

Here is how I see it: The Catholic faith is based on Apostolic tradition which also produced the New Testament. Thomas Jefferson did not belief in any miracles, and at least as they pertain to Mary, neither do you.

Anyone who has had a miracle in their own life is never going to pooh-pooh a miracle that happened to someone else. Was Mary a virgin? Did Jesus call Lazarus from the dead? (Speaking of the occult and talking to the dead as being "unbiblical") Did Jesus really calm the storm? Did he walk on water, feed five thousand?

Technically, none of these are any of my business. They have zilch affect on how I live my life following Christ and the teachings of Jesus.

When someone tells me they don't believe Mary was a virgin or remained a virgin, their belief concerns me not at all--and nor does it have anything to do with the way they are living their life. Think about it. Exactly what would you change in your life if you had irrefutable proof that Mary was assumed into heaven?

I am betting not a single thing would change in your daily life. Nor would anything change in my life if there was irrefutable proof that the bones of Jesus' mother were discovered in a grave. My faith does not hinge on what happened--or did not happen--to someone else.

So prove they are a false teaching. Find the bones of Mary, some DNA from Jesus and present it to me. Otherwise, we are dealing with two teachings: One is the perpetual virginity of Mary and her assumption into heaven--and the other is that nothing special or different was ever a part of Mary's life.

So...no false teachings or perceptions are coming from you. ;)

Here is how I see it: The Catholic faith is based on Apostolic tradition which also produced the New Testament. Thomas Jefferson did not belief in any miracles, and at least as they pertain to Mary, neither do you.

Anyone who has had a miracle in their own life is never going to pooh-pooh a miracle that happened to someone else. Was Mary a virgin? Did Jesus call Lazarus from the dead? (Speaking of the occult and talking to the dead as being "unbiblical") Did Jesus really calm the storm? Did he walk on water, feed five thousand?

Technically, none of these are any of my business. They have zilch affect on how I live my life following Christ and the teachings of Jesus.

When someone tells me they don't believe Mary was a virgin or remained a virgin, their belief concerns me not at all--and nor does it have anything to do with the way they are living their life. Think about it. Exactly what would you change in your life if you had irrefutable proof that Mary was assumed into heaven?

I am betting not a single thing would change in your daily life. Nor would anything change in my life if there was irrefutable proof that the bones of Jesus' mother were discovered in a grave. My faith does not hinge on what happened--or did not happen--to someone else.

So prove they are a false teaching. Find the bones of Mary, some DNA from Jesus and present it to me. Otherwise, we are dealing with two teachings: One is the perpetual virginity of Mary and her assumption into heaven--and the other is that nothing special or different was ever a part of Mary's life.
Correct. There is no false teaching coming from me.

Not for the dead.
So what? The point is that throughout the OT men petitioned God and God granted their petitions.

That you would choose to limit man’s petitions and God’s power for no good reason is idiotic.

So what? The point is that throughout the OT men petitioned God and God granted their petitions.

That you would choose to limit man’s petitions and God’s power for no good reason is idiotic.
I can't limit God's power. Talk about idiotic...

God's Word and His will are in agreement. God will never act against His word.
You don’t know God’s will. You don’t speak for God and you shouldn’t limit God.

God hears all prayers. Petitioning God on the behalf of others is a well established practice.

Forum List

Back