The Texas lawsuit and the possible end of our republic.

I must have hit a nerve. All the usual suspects came stampeding out of the barn like it was on fire.
Yeah, you’ll forgive us if after these allegations have been slapped down in literally dozens of lawsuits that we are getting a little sick of this shit.

What the Texas lawsuit states happened
Did happen, that is not in dispute
Will the court, follow the law.

Never know with courts and juries.

I have faith in our Conservative court to not only reject this ridiculous claim but to admonish EVERY Republican who endorses it.

Why should Republicans be "admonished" for protesting against stolen elections? There is really little point in spending the time or money to run for office if you are going to be swindled.

Further, no one will contribute to an election campaign that has no chance of succeeding because of fraud.

Because it wasn't stolen. For the first time in many election cycles, the Republican tactic of voter suppression was largely removed. Granted, it was because of the pandemic (which I'd like to point out was made worse by the lack of response from the WH and impeded by the Republican party). Individual states made their own election rules. It is up to the state to set those rules. If you truly believe in the Constitution, then you believe in state's rights. If not, it's just bullshit talk. You believe in selective interpretation. For the SC to rule in Texas favor, it would have to throw out and invalidate millions of legally cast votes. Straight up voter disenfranchisement. It's bad enough that the Republican party engages in voter suppression and gerrymandering, but this?...is straight up theft..and sedition.

How is making a person vote in person and prove they are eligible to vote voter surpression?

States made the election rules. There are states that have used mail in voting for years without incident. The military has used it for decades.
Voting in person (especially during a pandemic) may not be possible for everyone. Hence, a way for Republicans to practice voter suppression.
Everyone who cast a vote was eligible. 73 million of the morons voted for Trump.

Your man lost. And you're pissed. I get it. But this behavior is just un-American.

You just like mail in voting because it makes it easier to cheat, and you know your side has no issues with cheating.

Cry me a river. Trump lost. This extended temper tantrum is unseemly. There was no evidence of voter fraud. Federal and state officials (Republican and Democrat) have stated this was the smoothest and most secure election in years. All lawsuits have been thrown out. You're mad because your man lost. Tell me, what is so special about Donald John Trump that you are willing to sacrifice your honor, your intelligence, and your integrity? It really is perplexing to me.

The people who benefit from the cheating say there is no cheating, and the people responsible for making sure there is no cheating are saying there is no cheating. Sorry, but since we all know people like you are dishonest hacks that will stop at nothing to win I will not take your or their word for it.

The issue is assholes like you think you can get away with it, that's the issue. You are liars and cheats.

It's too bad. I don't where in the Trump orbit in the last five years that people like you turned from just being amusing at sheer loyalty of sheep to a shepard into a collection of metasasizing cancers?
There's no evidence of widespread voter fraud in any state. Every lawsuit brought forth so far has been dismissed out of hand. Yet here you are, still bleating like a sheep because the idiot you backed lost.
He blew the response to the pandemic so the voters showed him the door. But, you slink down into your alt-right media and your social media clutches and cluck like the fucking hens you are until you
become convinced that something happened here..that didn't. In other words, no matter your protestation, you and the rest of Trump Nation have lost the ability to think for yourselves.

Your assimilation is complete. So I reiterate. You Trump supporters are the dumbest, most ignorant, and most low information voting bloc I've seen rise in my lifetime.

More "nothing to see here, move along" bullshit from the people who benefitted from whatever happened.

All the words you spew don't change that.
If there is something to see...

Why can’t Republicans get any court in the land to accept their evidence?

Because the courts either agree that Trump had to go or don't have the balls to counter the inevitable violent reaction that will occur if somehow the election is brought to a contested status.
Kind of a wild accusation since we are talking about courts at the state and federal level in 50 states.
Courts that have a wide range of leaning from far left to far right.
Are you accusing EVERY court in the land of being against Trump ?

I am accusing the dem controlled ones of being against Trump no matter what, I am accusing the rest of being cowards.

EVERY judge in the nation is either controlled by the Dems or a coward?

You are normally very credible in what you post. I may not agree with you, but you usually have some merit in what you post.

Sadly, I will now have to lump you in with all the other batshit crazy Conservatives on this board.

Just the judges in question, not every judge. Nice attempt at argumentum ad absurdum.

EVERY judge who has been presented with this shoddy evidence and shoddy legal claims has rejected it.

Even Trumps hand picked Attorney General who has defended all of Trumps wild claims has rejected this one.

What is the matter with you?
Have you taken leave of your senses or are you just that partisan?

Rejected, but not disproved any of it.

I want proof, and I am willing to support years of investigations to get said proof.
Proof of a negative?

Burden of proof lies with those making an accusation. Proof that has been sorely lacking.

I must have hit a nerve. All the usual suspects came stampeding out of the barn like it was on fire.
Yeah, you’ll forgive us if after these allegations have been slapped down in literally dozens of lawsuits that we are getting a little sick of this shit.

What the Texas lawsuit states happened
Did happen, that is not in dispute
Will the court, follow the law.

Never know with courts and juries.

What court or law has been created (yet) for one state to disenfranchise voters in another state? Please cite the authority to establish your claim.

Lacking sufficient evidence to present in court, the Banana Republican's new tactic to disenfranchise millions of votes from "The Others" is to stomp their feet loudly and then threaten to leave the Union.

"If you don't let us have our 'one party rule' we'll just leave"
What do you bring to the party from..... Shitstain, OR?

Exactly.... not a mother fucking thing.

If you're going to act like filthy, diseased animals, I don't want you mooching off me anymore. Go fuck yourself.

Hahaha that's a Knee Slapper.

I'm not going to bothering reading the thread ... looks like the same vomit from yesterday ...

Anyone dared comment on the merits of the case yet? ... the OP is crazy wrong ... if we let Texas dictate how Michigan interprets their own laws ... pfffft ... worst, allow Texas to go straight to SCOTUS ... well ... then ... er ...

What's to stop California from telling Mississippi how to run their education system? ... and going straight to SCOTUS with the complaint ...

No ... I didn';t think anyone wanted to discuss this matter honestly ... sorry for interrupting ...

This is what annoys me the worst. I know this is a Hail Mary and it has no chance of overturning the election, but the fact that Texas even had a path to take this directly to the SC with 1) no successful lower court rulings, and 2) Able to file a lawsuit that essentially is looking to interfere in another states' affairs....is a complete travesty.
So you have no idea about how multiple state issues are resolved. It goes directly to the supreme court. Always. Always. Always.
You are not worthy of adding to this conversation as you are naive as to how a republic works.

FYI....we are a republic.

There IS no issue, snowflake. That's the point. This is frivolous. Texas has NO standing to question another state's process. They suffered no harm.
So do me a favor and stow your upturned nose. I don't give a shit.
Oh. I see. A state voted legally, and their electoral college votes are offset by a state that votes against the constitution. Got it.
Good for you.

I have faith in our Conservative court to not only reject this ridiculous claim but to admonish EVERY Republican who endorses it.

Why should Republicans be "admonished" for protesting against stolen elections? There is really little point in spending the time or money to run for office if you are going to be swindled.

Further, no one will contribute to an election campaign that has no chance of succeeding because of fraud.

Because it wasn't stolen. For the first time in many election cycles, the Republican tactic of voter suppression was largely removed. Granted, it was because of the pandemic (which I'd like to point out was made worse by the lack of response from the WH and impeded by the Republican party). Individual states made their own election rules. It is up to the state to set those rules. If you truly believe in the Constitution, then you believe in state's rights. If not, it's just bullshit talk. You believe in selective interpretation. For the SC to rule in Texas favor, it would have to throw out and invalidate millions of legally cast votes. Straight up voter disenfranchisement. It's bad enough that the Republican party engages in voter suppression and gerrymandering, but this?...is straight up theft..and sedition.

How is making a person vote in person and prove they are eligible to vote voter surpression?

States made the election rules. There are states that have used mail in voting for years without incident. The military has used it for decades.
Voting in person (especially during a pandemic) may not be possible for everyone. Hence, a way for Republicans to practice voter suppression.
Everyone who cast a vote was eligible. 73 million of the morons voted for Trump.

Your man lost. And you're pissed. I get it. But this behavior is just un-American.

You just like mail in voting because it makes it easier to cheat, and you know your side has no issues with cheating.

Cry me a river. Trump lost. This extended temper tantrum is unseemly. There was no evidence of voter fraud. Federal and state officials (Republican and Democrat) have stated this was the smoothest and most secure election in years. All lawsuits have been thrown out. You're mad because your man lost. Tell me, what is so special about Donald John Trump that you are willing to sacrifice your honor, your intelligence, and your integrity? It really is perplexing to me.

The people who benefit from the cheating say there is no cheating, and the people responsible for making sure there is no cheating are saying there is no cheating. Sorry, but since we all know people like you are dishonest hacks that will stop at nothing to win I will not take your or their word for it.

The issue is assholes like you think you can get away with it, that's the issue. You are liars and cheats.

It's too bad. I don't where in the Trump orbit in the last five years that people like you turned from just being amusing at sheer loyalty of sheep to a shepard into a collection of metasasizing cancers?
There's no evidence of widespread voter fraud in any state. Every lawsuit brought forth so far has been dismissed out of hand. Yet here you are, still bleating like a sheep because the idiot you backed lost.
He blew the response to the pandemic so the voters showed him the door. But, you slink down into your alt-right media and your social media clutches and cluck like the fucking hens you are until you
become convinced that something happened here..that didn't. In other words, no matter your protestation, you and the rest of Trump Nation have lost the ability to think for yourselves.

Your assimilation is complete. So I reiterate. You Trump supporters are the dumbest, most ignorant, and most low information voting bloc I've seen rise in my lifetime.

More "nothing to see here, move along" bullshit from the people who benefitted from whatever happened.

Because the courts either agree that Trump had to go or don't have the balls to counter the inevitable violent reaction that will occur if somehow the election is brought to a contested status.
Kind of a wild accusation since we are talking about courts at the state and federal level in 50 states.

I am accusing the dem controlled ones of being against Trump no matter what, I am accusing the rest of being cowards.

You are normally very credible in what you post. I may not agree with you, but you usually have some merit in what you post.

Sadly, I will now have to lump you in with all the other batshit crazy Conservatives on this board.

Just the judges in question, not every judge. Nice attempt at argumentum ad absurdum.

EVERY judge who has been presented with this shoddy evidence and shoddy legal claims has rejected it.

Even Trumps hand picked Attorney General who has defended all of Trumps wild claims has rejected this one.

I want proof, and I am willing to support years of investigations to get said proof.
Proof of a negative?

Burden of proof lies with those making an accusation. Proof that has been sorely lacking.

That only truly applies to criminal law, and pertains to the right of a defendant to be innocent until proven guilty. The purpose of any lawsuits coming up would to be to determine exactly what happened, not just say "nothing happened"

So you want the court to hand over the election to trump correct? Not a redo, no chance for the other side. I am soooooooooooooo happy I don't align myself with either party. It feels soooo patriotic.
I swear, watching this stuff is like watching professional wrestling. How people buy into it is a mystery.
Just to be clear....if there is a move made by a state, or states that is in direct breach of the constitution, that is OK? Now lets see what happened. The constitution as well as state constitutions of those involved makes it clear that only legislative bodies may amend. But the states in question did not abide by the constitution nor did they abide by their own states constitution.
Now, you may so ...who the hell cares.
Good for you.
But...it is one thing to interpret the constitution where there are grey areas. I get it.
But when the constitution is precise, and word for word it says (paraphrased)....Governors and courts can not defy the constitution, and only legislators can......that is not against the constitution when non legislators defy the constitution?
Someone has to make the final decisions, and that's usually the courts.

It's a shame that they've been clogged by this weird Trumpian fantasy, but I'm confident they'll throw this crap out.
Yet you did not actually respond to what I said.
Why is that?
Because I only skimmed over it.
Of course that is all you did. Afterall, the best way to debate is to ignore your opponents responses. If that works for you, good for you. Nothing better than debating yourself. You always win.

Proof of a negative?

That only truly applies to criminal law, and pertains to the right of a defendant to be innocent until proven guilty. The purpose of any lawsuits coming up would to be to determine exactly what happened, not just say "nothing happened"
Applies to civil law also
If you make a legal claim against someone, it is your responsibility to provide proof.
A defendant does not even need to respond if there s insufficient proof.

I'm not going to bothering reading the thread ... looks like the same vomit from yesterday ...

Anyone dared comment on the merits of the case yet? ... the OP is crazy wrong ... if we let Texas dictate how Michigan interprets their own laws ... pfffft ... worst, allow Texas to go straight to SCOTUS ... well ... then ... er ...

What's to stop California from telling Mississippi how to run their education system? ... and going straight to SCOTUS with the complaint ...

No ... I didn';t think anyone wanted to discuss this matter honestly ... sorry for interrupting ...

This is what annoys me the worst. I know this is a Hail Mary and it has no chance of overturning the election, but the fact that Texas even had a path to take this directly to the SC with 1) no successful lower court rulings, and 2) Able to file a lawsuit that essentially is looking to interfere in another states' affairs....is a complete travesty.
So you have no idea about how multiple state issues are resolved. It goes directly to the supreme court. Always. Always. Always.
You are not worthy of adding to this conversation as you are naive as to how a republic works.

There IS no issue, snowflake. That's the point. This is frivolous. Texas has NO standing to question another state's process. They suffered no harm.
Oh. I see. A state voted legally, and their electoral college votes are offset by a state that votes against the constitution. Got it.
Good for you.

So what you're really trying to say here is that state's DON'T have the right to make their own laws. Again, selective interpretation. So much for that yellowed scrap of paper.
Texas wasn't harmed therefore has no standing to bring the suit...unless you are postulating that because Texas voted for Trump, these other states have to as well.

So you want the court to hand over the election to trump correct? Not a redo, no chance for the other side. I am soooooooooooooo happy I don't align myself with either party. It feels soooo patriotic.
I swear, watching this stuff is like watching professional wrestling. How people buy into it is a mystery.
Just to be clear....if there is a move made by a state, or states that is in direct breach of the constitution, that is OK? Now lets see what happened. The constitution as well as state constitutions of those involved makes it clear that only legislative bodies may amend. But the states in question did not abide by the constitution nor did they abide by their own states constitution.
Good for you.
But...it is one thing to interpret the constitution where there are grey areas. I get it.
But when the constitution is precise, and word for word it says (paraphrased)....Governors and courts can not defy the constitution, and only legislators can......that is not against the constitution when non legislators defy the constitution?

It's a shame that they've been clogged by this weird Trumpian fantasy, but I'm confident they'll throw this crap out.
Why is that?
Of course that is all you did. Afterall, the best way to debate is to ignore your opponents responses. If that works for you, good for you. Nothing better than debating yourself. You always win.
I'm not debating anything. But run with that, if you'd like.

Just the judges that don't "Play Ball". We know.

The United States has existed for 244 years. If the Texas lawsuit challenging the results of the 2020 presidential election fails, the United States will cease to exist. The US came to be as a result of a people wanting to be free of elite government power. The founders that created the United states realized that individual liberty was so important that a life-risking break with traditional aristocratic control was the only way to fashion a truly free society.

There is an evil in this world that will always be with us. Certain aspects of all societies will always rise to power and when that evil gets power it will never willingly relent to the will of the people because the people are regarded as inferior and unfit to choose their own destiny. When Benjamin Franklin was asked if we have a republic or a monarchy he is purported to have said: “A republic if we can keep it.” Whether he actually uttered those exact words is less important than their meaning.

Franklin knew full well that the minds and hearts of the people could be tricked and swindled by clever power merchants appealing to fear and personal greed. But he like the founders had faith that the people would recognize the power they held with their votes. Rank and file citizens have a collective common sense, and they cannot be fooled indefinitely. They can vote out the power if they choose. This is the golden difference the US possesses as opposed to the rest of the world.

This golden difference became manifest when Donald Trump gained access to the White House by virtue of the vote in the wake of an awakening that government was acting on its own behalf not in the best interest of the people. The people had been tricked and fooled once but not again.

The wickedness of the 2020 election became clear when the vote was tainted and manipulated with fraud. Joe Biden was “selected” with votes, not elected by voters. The hearts and minds of the people were supplanted with mountains of paper ballots rising out of last-minute unconstitutional changes by state actors skirting any actual legislative process. It was brazenly done in broad daylight; it was the raw power that Franklin warned about.

Seventeen states have joined Texas in this lawsuit to save our republic. Let us hope the Supreme Court comes to our rescue.
you used "manifest" a sentence!!!

Proof of a negative?

If you make a legal claim against someone, it is your responsibility to provide proof.
Somehow, I don't believe that was your stance with the russian collusion thing.

Good for you.

Why is that?
I'm not debating anything. But run with that, if you'd like.
Oh. So this board to you is nothing more than a platform to say your piece and run along.
Good for you.

Proof of a negative?

Only in extreme cases is there no need to respond, and the whole point is we need discovery to document all the voting materials in question.

Good for you.

So what you're really trying to say here is that state's DON'T have the right to make their own laws. Again, selective interpretation. So much for that yellowed scrap of paper.
Texas wasn't harmed therefore has no standing to bring the suit...unless you are postulating that because Texas voted for Trump, these other states have to as well.
Uh...excuse me. I never said that. States get to make their own laws. Always. Governors and judges do not have the right to change those laws according to the constitution. Only LAW MAKERS do.
Know your stuff before you debate.

trump, the republican party and you people have lied for so long I will not take a look at that. I stopped believing anything from you people years ago.

The ONLY thing I will look at and believe is what is presented and ruled in a court of law.

Especially since what has been presented in court and the rulings from the judges are so polar opposite of what is being presented on line.

Anyone can lie on line. There are no consequences.

There are very serious consequences for lying to a judge in a court of law. Which is why all the so called "evidence" has been thrown out of court with the trump lawyers admitting there was no fraud, no cheating and all observers were allowed to properly observe.

I believe what is said and ruled in a court of law.

So far 100% of the fraud and cheating cases have been thrown out of court with the judges clearly saying there was no evidence of fraud or cheating.

Do you understand losing every single time trump goes to court? Do you understand that it's nearly 50 cases and you have ZERO wins.

You are a fool for believing anything you are fed on line by any right wing propaganda site.

The only thing you should pay attention to is all the cases, what was said and how they were ruled. Anything else, is nothing but a load of BS.

trump, the republican party and you people have lied for so long I will not take a look at that. I stopped believing anything from you people years ago.

The ONLY thing I will look at and believe is what is presented and ruled in a court of law.

Especially since what has been presented in court and the rulings from the judges are so polar opposite of what is being presented on line.

Anyone can lie on line. There are no consequences.

There are very serious consequences for lying to a judge in a court of law. Which is why all the so called "evidence" has been thrown out of court with the trump lawyers admitting there was no fraud, no cheating and all observers were allowed to properly observe.

I believe what is said and ruled in a court of law.

So far 100% of the fraud and cheating cases have been thrown out of court with the judges clearly saying there was no evidence of fraud or cheating.

Do you understand losing every single time trump goes to court? Do you understand that it's nearly 50 cases and you have ZERO wins.

You are a fool for believing anything you are fed on line by any right wing propaganda site.

The only thing you should pay attention to is all the cases, what was said and how they were ruled. Anything else, is nothing but a load of BS.
Cool. Good for you.
Just be careful for what you wish for.

Forum List

Back