The Troubled Rule Of Law

They're playing really, really stupid about that "due process," aren't they? Even if the cop's a killer, he's going to have due process at the murder trial anyways. You'd better believe it. But they're hiding something else. Local cops all over the U.S. have been implementing a total railroad court system, with a non-optional plea agreement (i.e. coerced or induced confession) at a mass trial under a labor-union collective bargaining "deal" with the district attorney.

Funny.

No one seems to want to consider the fact that maybe the jury was right and indeed the rule of law prevailed.
And you seem to not be able to see that the jury was intimidated by social justice leaders, Biden, Waters, Sharpton, etc.

Do any of us, black or white, really want our justice system influenced by mob intimidation?
The Chauvin Verdict and America’s Troubled Rule of Law (city-journal.org)

Mob intimidation had a big part in the conviction of Derek Chauvin. The triak should have been conduct well out of the area of Minneapolis.
Judge Cahill should have called a mis-trial after Congresswoman Maxine Waters went to Minneapolis to stir up the mob.
Then there's the fact that the District Attorney called in heavy guns from law firms to prosecute the Chauvin trial.
I still wonder why Jonathan Turley and/or Alan Dershowitz didn't come to the aid of Chauvin. I did notice there were several attorney's pontificating on HLN and CNN but none offeredassistance to the only and sole Attorney representing Chauvin.

Maybe because there really was nothing to defend in the case of Chauvin. If even they didn't...that says something don't you think?
So, I assume you totally discount the evidence that he swallowed drugs to keep from being found with them despite the evidence found in the vehicle? The expert testimony that he did NOT die of asphyxia? 90% blockage of a coronary vessel? Oh... and him on video saying "I can't BREATHE while he was still on his feet? Him ASKING the cops to let him be on the ground?
Chauvin is guilty of not controlling the crowd and allowing them to intimidate him into staying in one position too long. I was a radiographer/MRI tech for 20 years and know a little about anatomy and compression of the lateral aspect of the cervical spine does NOT compress the airway. The very fact that he kept saying "I can't breathe proves he was breathing.
But let the mob do what they do. Now that it's set a precedent, any cop that remains on the job in one of these blue cesspool versions of the animal kingdom deserves to be lynched and the city deserves to be beggared in court.
I can't wait to see how the rest of the summer unfolds.

The expert testimony that he did NOT die of asphyxia? 90% blockage of a coronary vessel?
Hah! Hah! Hah! I've got a cop who wants to kill me with all his heart and all his mind and all his soul, and a licensed medical examiner, funeral director and a mortician who all want to make sure I'm really, really dead.

From your article:

After the city council voted to fire Boganey, Council Member Kris Lawrence-Anderson admitted that Boganey was doing a “great job” but she feared that the violent mob would personally attack her if she didn’t vote to fire him, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported.

“He was doing a great job. I respect him dearly,” she said. “I didn’t want repercussions at a personal level.”

The Death Of Due Process: Supporting A Constitutional Right Now Gets You Fired | The Daily Wire

Do any of us, black or white, really want our justice system influenced by mob intimidation?

Mob intimidation had a big part in the conviction of Derek Chauvin. The triak should have been conduct well out of the area of Minneapolis.
Judge Cahill should have called a mis-trial after Congresswoman Maxine Waters went to Minneapolis to stir up the mob.
Then there's the fact that the District Attorney called in heavy guns from law firms to prosecute the Chauvin trial.
I still wonder why Jonathan Turley and/or Alan Dershowitz didn't come to the aid of Chauvin. I did notice there were several attorney's pontificating on HLN and CNN but none offeredassistance to the only and sole Attorney representing Chauvin.

Maybe because there really was nothing to defend in the case of Chauvin. If even they didn't...that says something don't you think?
So, I assume you totally discount the evidence that he swallowed drugs to keep from being found with them despite the evidence found in the vehicle? The expert testimony that he did NOT die of asphyxia? 90% blockage of a coronary vessel? Oh... and him on video saying "I can't BREATHE while he was still on his feet? Him ASKING the cops to let him be on the ground?
Chauvin is guilty of not controlling the crowd and allowing them to intimidate him into staying in one position too long. I was a radiographer/MRI tech for 20 years and know a little about anatomy and compression of the lateral aspect of the cervical spine does NOT compress the airway. The very fact that he kept saying "I can't breathe proves he was breathing.
But let the mob do what they do. Now that it's set a precedent, any cop that remains on the job in one of these blue cesspool versions of the animal kingdom deserves to be lynched and the city deserves to be beggared in court.
I think we'll see a massive exodus of officers across the nation. Not so much from the Chauvin verdict, but I think a lot of officers are going to look at Kim Potter and now the knife attacker in Columbus and decide that there are less risky ways to earn a living.

Funny.

No one seems to want to consider the fact that maybe the jury was right and indeed the rule of law prevailed.

Rule of law ... how can you be found guilty of both murder and manslaughter at the same time? and how can you have the president and senators say they hope he's found guilty and it not be a mistrial or thrown out of court.

Does this rule of law only start and stop when you get a verdict that you like? the justice system isn't about that.

Do you actually know what rule of law means?

Extrajudicial killings do not constitute "rule of law".

Giving someone a free pass simply because his victim was less than a stellar citizen does not constitute "rule of law".

Neither do mob violence or the court of public opinion.

I don't recall THIS president saying anything prior to the verdict "hoping he's found guilty". Though....I do recall the LAST president making comments and actions regarding a case that had not yet come to trial.
You're always assuming the worst. How could you not.

The victim's status in society has dick to do with this discussion.

The charges were drawn up to overcharge the defendant. It was done with malice. Simply meant to make sure that a bad cop never sees the light of day ever again.
Personally I wouldn't hire the prick to pull security at the bowling alley.
Guys like him should never be allowed to have a badge and a gun.
I've come across a few of them in my time.

I think we'll see a massive exodus of officers across the nation. Not so much from the Chauvin verdict, but I think a lot of officers are going to look at Kim Potter and now the knife attacker in Columbus and decide that there are less risky ways to earn a living.
True. But those of us who haven't made it in this life can never earn as much as a cop playing vice on the job to supplement his income.

Funny.

No, I think Chauvin is right where he deserves to be however, I also think that he'd be there even if he didn't deserve to be there.

I don't think so. I have a greater overall regard for our juries and judicial system.
I don't. Justice is far from blind.
The problem with our judicial system is the human element....which means opinion comes into play too often.
Prejudice and political bias can ruin any judicial system.

True. But those of us who haven't made it in this life can never earn as much as a cop playing vice on the job to supplement his income.
If they're of that type then I'm sure they can find a way. They can always go on Tik Tok and become human smugglers for the Biden administration and the Mexican drug cartels.

The cops will soon be the thugs as soon as the police force is federalized. That is in the works.

Funny.

Rule of law ... how can you be found guilty of both murder and manslaughter at the same time? and how can you have the president and senators say they hope he's found guilty and it not be a mistrial or thrown out of court.

Does this rule of law only start and stop when you get a verdict that you like? the justice system isn't about that.
both murder and manslaughter because he didnt intend to kill but did intend felony assault, which is 2nd degree murder.

The other charge is 3rd degree murder with reckless disregard, because of knowing putting weight on neck can cause death, but Chauvin didnt care.

last is 2nd degree manslaughter due to gross negligence

Guys like him should never be allowed to have a badge and a gun.
I've come across a few of them in my time.
I used to have a gun, (certainly not a badge,) but I never made any presumptions of authority with it beyond my right to carry it, and I never went after anybody with it.

Good man, Just as long as you know the responsiblity that goes with carrying a gun. Most 99.9 percent that have a CCW know that responsiblity.

The cops will soon be the thugs as soon as the police force is federalized. That is in the works.
Yep...then Biden/Harris will have their SS stormtroopers.

Funny.

Do you actually know what rule of law means?

Extrajudicial killings do not constitute "rule of law".

Giving someone a free pass simply because his victim was less than a stellar citizen does not constitute "rule of law".

Neither do mob violence or the court of public opinion.

I don't recall THIS president saying anything prior to the verdict "hoping he's found guilty". Though....I do recall the LAST president making comments and actions regarding a case that had not yet come to trial.
You don't recall? Biden prayed for a guilty verdict.

Good man, Just as long as you know the responsiblity that goes with carrying a gun. Most 99.9 percent that have a CCW know that responsiblity.
It's not my responsiblity to advocate gun control. And get off the property with your civil liability torts, mental health claims, and double indemnity for accidental death.

Forum List

Back