The Troubled Rule Of Law

recovery position and positional asphyxiation
I could live with manslaughter due to negligence or something.

Involuntary manslaughter I can see. 2nd and 3rd degree murder, no. Thats ludicrous based on the facts presented.

Assault is murder when the person assaulted dies as a result whether or not there was negligence or intent, it does not matter. All three charges are to the letter of the law. Chauvin was found guilty because the jury saw absolutely no reason why George Floyd could not have been turned on his side to let him breathe easier according to training protocol on that type of restraint.

Chauvin should never have been in uniform after this:

According to a source who spoke with ABC News, federal investigators are looking at videos from Sept. 4, 2017, where Chauvin is reportedly seen, "striking a Black teenager in the head so hard that the boy needed stitches, then allegedly holding the boy down with his knee for nearly 17 minutes, and allegedly ignoring complaints from the boy that he couldn't breathe."​
The simple act of turning Floyd on his side would probably have changed history since the restraint nor anything else would have killed Floyd that day. Floyd lives: the video not much impact. A video showing cops holding down a breathing suspect until the ambulance arrives will not go viral.

the recovery position is known to prevent positional asphyxia. Chauvin never rolled Floyd onto his side into the recovery position.​

ROCHESTER, Minn. — “Should we roll him on his side?” rookie cop Thomas Lane asked. “I just worry about the excited delirium or whatever.”​

A veteran officer said no. His name was Derek Chauvin, and as the world now knows, he was kneeling on George Floyd’s neck. Lane was holding down a leg, Officer J. Alexander Kueng had a knee on Floyd’s lower back, and Officer Tou Thao was standing guard nearby.​

Forum List

Back