The True Christian © Trophy Case

Most secular humanists are far better people than most so called Christians.
yeah, I got to agree with you.....self righteous hypocrisy really sucks.....

I posted with you for 15 pages, and you were the only one calling people stupid and telling them to fuck off. Are you trying to set an example?

really?.....you thought I was the only one?.....an excellent example of self-righteous hypocrisy.....

What a child. Nobody is calling God a Bastard, we don't even believe he exists.

really?.....here's an example from today's posts.....
I will be the first to admit that God and I don't share the same moral code. I don't believe in punishing the innocent or rewarding the guilty.

I'm sure if I wanted to waste my time I could find one of you saying something similar....

I could say a few choice things about the imaginary God in your head.
thanks for saving me the time.....

I will be the first to admit that God and I don't share the same moral code. I don't believe in punishing the innocent or rewarding the guilty.

I'm sure if I wanted to waste my time I could find one of you saying something similar....

Not sure what I'm an example of but I'm honored nonetheless. If I'm an example of some refusing God's gifts that is not true.

I've been getting calls recently telling me I've won a free cruise. I don't know if there is a real cruise but what I reject is validity of these calls. They're just scams relayed by people repeating what they've been told.

I don't know if there is a God but I'm sure those people who are relating the offer of eternal life are just repeating what they've been told by other people.

don't feel singled out.......you were handy, but merely one of many......

Not sure what I'm an example of but I'm honored nonetheless. If I'm an example of some refusing God's gifts that is not true.

I've been getting calls recently telling me I've won a free cruise. I don't know if there is a real cruise but what I reject is validity of these calls. They're just scams relayed by people repeating what they've been told.

I don't know if there is a God but I'm sure those people who are relating the offer of eternal life are just repeating what they've been told by other people.

Religion and 'god' as perceived by theists are creations of man, a consequence of man's fear of death; and as creations of man both are inherently flawed and unworthy of worship.

yeah, I got to agree with you.....self righteous hypocrisy really sucks.....

I posted with you for 15 pages, and you were the only one calling people stupid and telling them to fuck off. Are you trying to set an example?

really?.....you thought I was the only one?.....an excellent example of self-righteous hypocrisy.....

I certainly never called you any names. I am only responsible for my own actions.

Religion and 'god' as perceived by theists are creations of man, a consequence of man's fear of death; and as creations of man both are inherently flawed and unworthy of worship.

Yeppers, I believe that man created God, not the other way around.

It's just that YOU make him look like such a prick. I'm reasonably sure that if there is a God, he/she is nothing like you describe.

Seriously, when you get to the bottom line and it is: Na na na, we get to live for eternity and you don't. Give me a break. It's like Christianity for kindergarteners.

I never understood how non Christians can think that way, hell, I never understood how anyone could think that way.

If I pass a person on the road and they are changing the tire, I stop to help, why would I not...Why would I want them to sit there any longer than they have to, knowing that some stupid idiot on a cell phone not paying attention, could at any moment put an end to their life...Why would anyone want to see anyone else die for no reason?

I feel sorry for those that won't be there...I sure don't get the na na na we get this and you don't crap...But, we can't make those decisions for people, that's up to each individual...

You assume that Christians are nicer than other people, which is total bullshit. In fact, it is usually quite the opposite. This is one reason I choose not be part of any organized religion, the hypocrisy and self righteousness. What a load of hooey. Almost every so called Christian I've ever known has been a hypocrite as well as totally self righteous and self serving, cruel, vicious, violent, etc. It is a rare thing to meet a true Christian who actually follows and lives by Christ's teachings.

Let's put that to the test using this thread as an example. Separate the Christian responses from the secular ones and rate them according to their civility.

Christians are humans. We even act like it sometimes....... ;)

It's just that YOU make him look like such a prick. I'm reasonably sure that if there is a God, he/she is nothing like you describe.

???....actually, if you go back and review the posts, it was you that considers him a prick.....I just consider him an all powerful deity who gets to call the shots any way he wants.....

I never understood how non Christians can think that way, hell, I never understood how anyone could think that way.

If I pass a person on the road and they are changing the tire, I stop to help, why would I not...Why would I want them to sit there any longer than they have to, knowing that some stupid idiot on a cell phone not paying attention, could at any moment put an end to their life...Why would anyone want to see anyone else die for no reason?

I feel sorry for those that won't be there...I sure don't get the na na na we get this and you don't crap...But, we can't make those decisions for people, that's up to each individual...

You assume that Christians are nicer than other people, which is total bullshit. In fact, it is usually quite the opposite. This is one reason I choose not be part of any organized religion, the hypocrisy and self righteousness. What a load of hooey. Almost every so called Christian I've ever known has been a hypocrite as well as totally self righteous and self serving, cruel, vicious, violent, etc. It is a rare thing to meet a true Christian who actually follows and lives by Christ's teachings.

Let's put that to the test using this thread as an example. Separate the Christian responses from the secular ones and rate them according to their civility.

Sure, everybody makes mistakes. It's just that I'm not pretending to be superior.

???....actually, if you go back and review the posts, it was you that considers him a prick.....I just consider him an all powerful deity who gets to call the shots any way he wants.....

I know, You've already told me that this all loving God is more than willing to send most people on earth to eternal hell fire.

I know, You've already told me that this all loving God is more than willing to send most people on earth to eternal hell fire.

whatever you want, its yours....

1d936df894a37cd7b975f0728d3ba67f6ef3ae35_r.jpg

Sure, everybody makes mistakes. It's just that I'm not pretending to be superior.

Neither am I.
I claim to be saved, not superior. How can I be superior if you are just as welcome to accept the gift of salvation as I am?
So, money where your mouth is, what's the verdict on civility in this thread? :eusa_angel:

lol....this whole thread is you pretending to be superior.....

I don't think that's the impression you are giving on this thread

Seriously, when you get to the bottom line and it is: Na na na, we get to live for eternity and you don't. Give me a break. It's like Christianity for kindergarteners.

We see it a lot here on this board.

Its not the atheists who want to help refugee children while many christians are in favor of the monstrous "militia" types gunning them down.

Same with any social issue. The christians post against things like food stamps, equal rights, marriage equality, and health care and then post miles and miles of bible verses.
And then they use god/Jesus to rationalize their hate.

I say let them believe whatever they wish, just keep it in their churches and they say they should be able to bang on your door at 7am on Saturday morning to insist you take their silly tracts and come join their cult.

Are you preaching that others should believe as you do? Do you maintain that your beliefs are correct where others are incorrect?

Me neither but the so-called christians start several new threads every single day and they all say the same thing: you're wrong and I'm right. You're going to hell cuz my god can beat up your god.

And then they post a few more miles of bible verses that they don't seem to believe in or follow.

We see it a lot here on this board.

Its not the atheists who want to help refugee children while many christians are in favor of the monstrous "militia" types gunning them down.

Same with any social issue. The christians post against things like food stamps, equal rights, marriage equality, and health care and then post miles and miles of bible verses.
And then they use god/Jesus to rationalize their hate.

I say let them believe whatever they wish, just keep it in their churches and they say they should be able to bang on your door at 7am on Saturday morning to insist you take their silly tracts and come join their cult.

While not an atheist I would identify as an areligious. The various religions, political parties, and other categories we gleefully put ourselves in only benefit chaos and discord. Sooner we drop the labels and regard ourselves as one people, one nation, one faith, on one world, the sooner things will get better. So long as we cling to labels and compartmentalization, things will continue to deteriorate. We're already spinning around the drain and don't have a lot of time left to realize our folly and correct them.

Forum List

Back