• Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
http://www.mrm.org/curse-of-cain
If there is anything in church literature at any time indicating that the Mormon church thought that blacks were "sub human", I've never seen it.

Have you, Zona, or are you just saying that?

Do you know exactly whey they were denied priesthood until 78? Do you think out of the kindness of their hearts they decided to change? NOpe, they were threatened with taking away their tax exemption. That is the only reason they publically "changed". They are racists.

"were more valiant than others…Those who were less valiant in pre-existence and who thereby had certain spiritual restrictions imposed upon them during mortality are known to us as the negroes. Such spirits are sent to earth through the lineage of Cain, the mark put upon him for his rebellion against God and his murder of Abel being a black skin...The present status of the negro rests purely and simply on the foundation of pre-existence" (Mormon Doctrine, p.527, 1966 ed.).

According to Brigham Young, Joseph Smith classified these people as The Seed of Cain. Young said that "Joseph Smith had declared that the Negroes were not neutral in heaven, for all the spirits took sides, but 'the posterity of Cain are black because he (Cain) committed murder. He killed Abel and God set a mark upon his posterity'" (The Way to Perfection, Joseph Fielding Smith, p.105).

"It was well understood by the early elders of the Church that the mark which was placed on Cain and which his posterity inherited was the black skin. The Book of Moses informs us that Cain and his descendants were black" (The Way to Perfection, p.107).

Joseph Fielding Smith stated, "Not only was Cain called upon to suffer, but because of his wickedness he became the father of an inferior race" (The Way to Perfection, p.101).

http://www.mrm.org/curse-of-cain

Eactly...just like I said, morons are racist and only changed their written racist laws because they were being called out as racist and were about to lose their tax exemption. Great group your defending there bucko.

They would still have those racist ways if they were afraid to lose their tax exemption.

Why do you keep repeating nonsense, after Avatar showed you that it was nonsense? Do you think that repetition can change fiction to fact somehow?

Did you not read what I posted first?

Avitar didnt show me anything that proved the racist ways of this religion.

The fact, Septik, is that Mormon history is one of persecution and discrimination against peoples of color, including African Americans. Your whole history from Brigham Young right down to Stapely and Petersen are littered with it.

You are guilty of the heresy of a royal Abrahamic priesthood of lineage, which is inherently racist. That you don't want to believe it means nothing.

You say that Mormon history is one of persecution and discrimination, without citing a single incident, nor a single source to back up your assertion. Why would anyone be expected to take it seriously? If no one is to be expected to take it seriously, why post it at all?

The evidence you ask for has been posted above many times. Let's move on.

No should believe either Skeptik or me. All anyone needs to do is to begin reading in the Journal of Discourses, and begin reading Mormon history, both pro and con. The problems will become obvious very quickly.

My concern here is not whether Mormonism is a christian sect. Without a doubt, in my opinion, it is as valid a sect of Christianity as is any other that holds Jesus as God.

My concern here is with the unsupportable assertion that it is the one true church authorized by Jesus Christ to administer priesthood ordinances with eternal consequences. It is not.

Last edited:
I've always wondered, do Mormon women shave their underarms and legs, or is that frowned upon (like in France, for example)?

there is no religious doctrine on shaving other than it's part of the men's leadership dress code currently.

Wtf does that mean? Only the men shave their legs?
And shouldn't you have a big long beard shaved around the mouth?

Btw, all religions are racists, they all discriminate against all other religions and almost all of them discriminate against women. I'm sure that in Mormonism, the wife has her place in the home.

PS Truthspeaker, your tie is gay.

:lol:Talking about discrimination. You think all people who wear a simple blue tie are gay? I'm wearing a solid navy suit with gold shirt and a plain blue tie with white/gray diagonal stripes. I'm not sure how that looks gay but I thought it's funny that your entire statement is full of discrimination. Perhaps you think everyone who dresses in business attire looks gay. Ok.:doubt:

You also discriminated against all religions saying they are all discriminatory. One of the top 5 most ignorant statements of all time.

Are you really not smart enough to realize that the simple statement "shaving" implies only the shaving of a man's face?

Get a life. Seriously.

Last edited:
Avitar didnt show me anything that proved the racist ways of this religion.

Precisely. So why are you talking to a wall right now? We have showed you nothing to prove the racist ways of our religion. You said it. Now are you ready to join us?

The fact, Septik, is that Mormon history is one of persecution and discrimination against peoples of color, including African Americans. Your whole history from Brigham Young right down to Stapely and Petersen are littered with it.

You are guilty of the heresy of a royal Abrahamic priesthood of lineage, which is inherently racist. That you don't want to believe it means nothing.

You say that Mormon history is one of persecution and discrimination, without citing a single incident, nor a single source to back up your assertion. Why would anyone be expected to take it seriously? If no one is to be expected to take it seriously, why post it at all?

The evidence you ask for has been posted above many times. Let's move on.

No should believe either Skeptik or me. All anyone needs to do is to begin reading in the Journal of Discourses, and begin reading Mormon history, both pro and con. The problems will become obvious very quickly.

My concern here is not whether Mormonism is a christian sect. Without a doubt, in my opinion, it is as valid a sect of Christianity as is any other that holds Jesus as God.

My concern here is with the unsupportable assertion that it is the one true church authorized by Jesus Christ to administer priesthood ordinances with eternal consequences. It is not.

That's a fair opinion of yours. But we see it differently and in light of the Book of Mormon being true, it changes our perspective. We understand historical events differently than you do. Many things in history don't seem to make sense as we look back on them. But that's because we didn't live in those times.
I'm not just talking about Mormon history. We shouldn't be so quick to judge. We should do a lot of study on the subject before jumping to conclusions.
You might change your opinion if you began a serious, scholarly and prayerful study on the Book of Mormon itself.

I never claimed that I didn't discriminate, I said religions discriminate. Does your woman know her place in your household?

I'll make the question as simple as possible for you because you seem reluctant to answer: are mormon women as a rule allowed to shave anything? Yes or fucking no.

PS I think I saw Sean Penn wearing your tie when he played the gay mayor in "Milk". I believe that light blue means that you like to catch.

I answered your question already. Please inform any of us why we should take you seriously after a meltdown like that.

Hold it--wait a second--what is the Book of Mormons?

Why do we need another Holy Book, again??
Apparently, there must be a God because he keeps trying to confuse us with all these "Holy Books"!!

Apparently, there must be a God because he keeps trying to confuse us with all these "Holy Books"!!

The Book of Mormon is a record containing the the fulness of the Gospel which was given to those on the ancient American continent. It contains the writings of their prophets and the account of Christ's appearance to them after His resurrection from the dead.

It was written to convince all men that Jesus really is the Christ, the Son of God. And to show that God remembers His covenants and is merciful to all people. It is meant to be a second witness to prove the veracity fo the Bible's account of the Atonement and Resurrection.

The Book of Mormon also comes with a promise given that those who read the book and who ask God with sincerity and faith will be shown by the Power of the Holy Ghost that the Book is true.

We give copies of the Book of Mormon away for free at Mormon.org - Home under the free media section. We invite all men and women to read the book for themselves and ask the Lord whether it's true.

i hope that sums up your question.

Ya, I bet you anything your woman knows her place is in the home, cooking, cleaning and having babies. You just won't say it cuz you think we'll all know that you know your religion discriminates against at least women (we know you know anyways). Probably don't allow them to shave anything or else it's everything, always to the extreme. I know weirdos like you. They come to my house regularly.

Well, then you know alot of things that just aren't correct. dont you?

There is no "Book of Mormons".

The Book of Mormon is a record of God's dealings with ancient americans. Similar to his dealings with people from the ancient fertile crescent area.

Ya, I bet you anything your woman knows her place is in the home, cooking, cleaning and having babies. You just won't say it cuz you think we'll all know that you know your religion discriminates against at least women (we know you know anyways). Probably don't allow them to shave anything or else it's everything, always to the extreme. I know weirdos like you. They come to my house regularly.

Well, then you know alot of things that just aren't correct. dont you?

"It's not so much what we don't know as it is what we do know that ain't so" Mark Twain.

Mark Twain was a wise man. Heed his words.

I never claimed that I didn't discriminate, I said religions discriminate. Does your woman know her place in your household?

I'll make the question as simple as possible for you because you seem reluctant to answer: are mormon women as a rule allowed to shave anything? Yes or fucking no.

PS I think I saw Sean Penn wearing your tie when he played the gay mayor in "Milk". I believe that light blue means that you like to catch.

I answered your question already. Please inform any of us why we should take you seriously after a meltdown like that.

You're seriously wacked out man. I hate hairy ladies. It grosses me out:eek:

It was written to convince all men that Jesus really is the Christ, the Son of God.

God couldn't convince the men himself? So some cowboy had to write another book?:cuckoo:

At last you have revealed what I suspected all along. John Lemmon was the only one who used the term cowboy. We haven't heard much from him lately. Welcome back Johnny come lately.

Everyone who went west in the 1800s was a cowboy. Geez, learn your history. So your Lemmon guy was right.
So tell me, does your wife know her place in your household as your maid and baby machine?

You should know that all people in the Wilde Wilde west were cowboys.

But in the real old west there were miners, coal workers, railroad builders, women, farmers and other non cowboy professions.

If I had it in me to try and boss my wife around, she'd leave me in a heart beat. She's made two babies for me but that hardly makes her a machine. She's done with two.

I can prove it's you too if we never hear from the banished account of John Lemmon again

I'm not sure that phrase even makes any sense.

I'll explain with small words so that you'll be sure to understand me.

If John Lemmon doesn't come back to defend himself. That means he got banished. He was an avid subscriber to this thread before he presumably(hope that's not too big a word) got banished from USMB on account of his constant trolling.

So tell me, does your wife know her place in your household as your maid and baby machine? It's ok, we all know it's a yes. So you openly discriminate against women

I already answered your question in the negative. What's wrong with you?

different cultures, diferent places, different mindsets. Something the Wilde imagination can't conceptualize.

Forum List

Back