Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
Is this what the average Morman is taught about the MMM incident?

Before I linked you to this link did you know much about the story?

I find any group that does not teach all their history (the good and the bad) is doing a disservice to their members. Accepting the failings as well as the strengths of ones beliefs is the compass that keeps it heading in the right direction.

I agree that all the history needs to be taught. But technically this doesn't qualify as church history as much as plain history.

I used to debate with Mormons all of the time.

The best source for literature debunking the LDS is by "Jerald and Sandra Tanner".

They have loads of well researched material concerning the Mormon hoax on their sites.

They aren't that smart. Let's keep it on friendly terms Sunni.

This guy is perhaps one of the most devious people on the planet, but while he knows how to use the right words to creep people out about the church, he is embarrassingly misinformed about his ex-religion. He can't even remember all the "lies he told" of course not. Some of the statements he says we lie about are claims we actually make, some are clear half-truths to people like me who know our doctrine. which one would you like me to throw down first?

Tell me the truth. You aren't trying to win converts to LDS?

BTW prior to posting with you, I've enjoyed discussing religious topic with Mormons. They were always well educated and interested in finding common ground with other people of faith.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell me the truth. You aren't trying to win converts to LDS?

BTW prior to posting with you, I've enjoyed discussing religious topic with Mormons. They were always well educated and interested in finding common ground with other people of faith.

By the way, I too have always enjoyed discussing religion and finding common ground as well. But I have to defend myself if attacked. I set up this thread to clarify misconceptions about our faith. If that is why you joined this thread, I can help you. I am firm in my faith and you in yours. I like finding common ground as well. the truth is that people don't convert other people. People convert themselves. It is a very private matter, one which I have no say in. Nor any other person. People can deliver messages, but they can't change others opinions. People are powerful, more powerful than they imagine. They can convince themselves of what is right. When you have done that inside of yourself you are supposed to stand up for it, no matter what anyone else thinks. Otherwise what are you worth? I am standing up for what I believe to be right and others will form their own opinion. But if they are going to disagree with me, I want them to know what exactly they disagree with and be educated as well.
The last thing I want to do is hurl insults back and forth. Nobody is perfect as you see we have both traded blows. My real intent is to spread the truth about mormons. like the thread reads. I have nothing personal against you

By the way, I too have always enjoyed discussing religion and finding common ground as well. But I have to defend myself if attacked. I set up this thread to clarify misconceptions about our faith. If that is why you joined this thread, I can help you. I am firm in my faith and you in yours. I like finding common ground as well. the truth is that people don't convert other people. People convert themselves. It is a very private matter, one which I have no say in. Nor any other person. People can deliver messages, but they can't change others opinions. People are powerful, more powerful than they imagine. They can convince themselves of what is right. When you have done that inside of yourself you are supposed to stand up for it, no matter what anyone else thinks. Otherwise what are you worth? I am standing up for what I believe to be right and others will form their own opinion. But if they are going to disagree with me, I want them to know what exactly they disagree with and be educated as well.
The last thing I want to do is hurl insults back and forth. Nobody is perfect as you see we have both traded blows. My real intent is to spread the truth about mormons. like the thread reads. I have nothing personal against you

I will speak out about your disrespect and ignorance of other faiths--such as your comment about prayer and eight armed deities. That comment was ignorant and uncalled for. Show me in Mormon doctrine where ridiculing other people is a Church teaching.

I respect the Mormon faith for its worldly accomplishments. Your Church owns the state of Utah and has a great deal of power and influence and money--that buys you a nice way to oppress people who you don't approve of who don't live in Utah.

Spiritually, I don't find discrimination in marriage law based on your Church doctrine consistent with separation of church and state and I will passionately oppose it until the day I die. I will do so in loving memory of my father. I will live my life openly as a married lesbian.

Don't tell me that your missionaries are not interested in converts. That is a lie.

The majority of Mormon missionaries are proselyting missionaries.
http://www.dearelder.com/index/inc_name/Mormon_Missionaries/

Here is an example:
http://www.exmormon.org/whylft15.htm

PARIS (Reuters) - Pope Benedict was baptized at birth and will most likely be baptized again one year after his death, not by his Roman Catholic Church but by a Mormon he never met.

The Mormons, a U.S.-based denomination officially named the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (LDS), encourage members to baptize the dead by proxy in the belief they are helping the deceased attain full access to heaven.

Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Genghis Khan, Mao Zedong, King Herod, Al Capone and Mickey Mouse have all appeared for a short time in the International Genealogical Index for proxy baptisms, said Helen Radkey, a researcher specialized in the IGI.

So Benedict looks set to join his predecessor John Paul and a centuries-long list of popes Mormons have baptized -- despite the fact that he, back when he was the Vatican's top doctrinal authority, ruled that Mormon baptisms were not even Christian.

Pope Pius XII was baptized three times and also "sealed" in eternal marriage to a fictional Mrs Eugenio Pacelli. Saint Ignatius Loyola, founder of the Jesuit order of priests, was also "sealed" to a bogus wife. Catholic clergy do not marry.
http://www.reuters.com/article/inDept...

VERY RESPECTFUL OF CATHOLICS ISN'T IT?

I will speak out about your disrespect and ignorance of other faiths--such as your comment about prayer and eight armed deities. That comment was ignorant and uncalled for. Show me in Mormon doctrine where ridiculing other people is a Church teaching.

I respect the Mormon faith for its worldly accomplishments. Your Church owns the state of Utah and has a great deal of power and influence and money--that buys you a nice way to oppress people who you don't approve of who don't live in Utah.

Spiritually, I don't find discrimination in marriage law based on your Church doctrine consistent with separation of church and state and I will passionately oppose it until the day I die. I will do so in loving memory of my father. I will live my life openly as a married lesbian.

Don't tell me that your missionaries are not interested in converts. That is a lie.

The majority of Mormon missionaries are proselyting missionaries.
Mormon Missionaries! -- All you ever wanted to know

Here is an example:
A Recent Mormon Convert

After that last post, I have concluded you are not smart enough to debate because you don't read your debater's post. You have made the most unsubstantiated claims without evidence that we can't even talk. The church doesn't own the state, they make up a large population of it, I never said we weren't interested in converts, Why would we send out over 30,000 missionaries to teach the gospel? We love converts! But like I said, people can teach the gospel but individuals have to convert themselves.
You have confused yourself beyond measure if you think we are oppressing anyone, you have no idea what real oppression is, you have no concept of a loving Father in heaven and you have no concept of reality. Are you on drugs?:cuckoo:

PARIS (Reuters) - Pope Benedict was baptized at birth and will most likely be baptized again one year after his death, not by his Roman Catholic Church but by a Mormon he never met.

The Mormons, a U.S.-based denomination officially named the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (LDS), encourage members to baptize the dead by proxy in the belief they are helping the deceased attain full access to heaven.

Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Genghis Khan, Mao Zedong, King Herod, Al Capone and Mickey Mouse have all appeared for a short time in the International Genealogical Index for proxy baptisms, said Helen Radkey, a researcher specialized in the IGI.

So Benedict looks set to join his predecessor John Paul and a centuries-long list of popes Mormons have baptized -- despite the fact that he, back when he was the Vatican's top doctrinal authority, ruled that Mormon baptisms were not even Christian.

Pope Pius XII was baptized three times and also "sealed" in eternal marriage to a fictional Mrs Eugenio Pacelli. Saint Ignatius Loyola, founder of the Jesuit order of priests, was also "sealed" to a bogus wife. Catholic clergy do not marry.
http://www.reuters.com/article/inDept...

VERY RESPECTFUL OF CATHOLICS ISN'T IT?

Your signature is a joke. In losing yourself to love everyone else you have lost your mind. Are you done trying to throw mud? You are obviously not interested in discussion, I have answered every question and cleared up every misconception you have asked about. I never said people wouldn't be offended. You can't help it. Every religion has teachings that somebody doesn't like. You can say what you want but at this point your phony rage means nothing to me.

Last edited:
Nineteen pages, and in spite of a couple of very weak backslaps, TT has been polite and forthright in answering questions.

The following is for those to whom the proverbial shoe fits:

First: The thread is about questions. If you can only attack instead of asking questions then you are no longer learning. Look up the word stagnate in the dictionary.

Second: IF you don't like Mormons, then unsub from the thread and move on. No one is twisting your arm here. If you believe that you have enough knowledge to make an informed judgment of the religion, then do so in your own thread.

Finally, any religious discussion is bound to create friction as your core values collide with something you don't get. The trick is to overcome the friction by actually having a give and take over the questions and answers.

So, anyhow, for TT: If I read your explanation correctly essentially no one is consigned to hell unless they outright fight against God.... Am I right so far?

So, according to your church doctrine, is it possible that Hitler or Stalin will make it to Heaven? I ask this because all Christ based religions speak of forgiveness......

The thread topic is the Truth About Mormons.

From Truthspeakers mouth the following:

"Mormons are easy to hate." I don't find that a true statement.

Buddhists have specific definitions for love. "Love is the wish for someone else to be happy."

I want Mormons to be happy. If they were happy, and confident in their faith, they would not feeled threatened by others of us, who are Buddhist or gay being happy.

We want to be able to civilly marry and have the same rights as married couples. We want to be able to take care of our loved ones without legal obstacles.

My one and only beef with Mormons is that they have gone out of their way to make gay people unhappy. I don't understand that as a spiritual value.

I don't understand why a Mormon finds it necessary to put down the beliefs of a Hindu or Buddhist.

Actually the Title of the thread is the truth about mormons.

The opening post clearly explained what the poster wanted to do, answer questions.

Forum List

Back