Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
I said "infinitessimal".
Sorry but your wife can't be THAT bright, she married a mormon, :D
C'mon man, how does the kolob stuff even make any sense to you? You don't know? Or you don't believe that part? Gimme a this + this + this... = kolob is for real!

I said "infinitessimal".
C'mon man, how does the kolob stuff even make any sense to you? You don't know? Or you don't believe that part? Gimme a this + this + this... = kolob is for real!

You're pretty rude to insult my wife. Hey man, I'm fair game but please, keep your comments about other people's wives to yourself. I haven't insulted your wife.

Here's the long and the short of why I believe.

The Book of Mormon is true= Joseph Smith is a prophet= Jesus Christ is real= The Bible is true= Jesus says in the Bible to pray and ask God to give you answers= The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints is true= said church is led by Jesus today via living prophets who speak his words= the temple ordinances are true= the prophet's teachings are true= I should subscribe to said church.

It all starts with wanting to really know if the book of mormon is really true. If you can prove the book of mormon false, you can prove the church false.

So far, the book has remained rock solid through the hurricaine of attacks against the church. Many so called proofs of it's fabrication have long since gone by the wayside. You really ought to read it sometime and tell me what problems you have with it. Then we can get beyond your adolescent level of discussion.

I said "infinitessimal".

You're pretty rude to insult my wife. Hey man, I'm fair game but please, keep your comments about other people's wives to yourself. I haven't insulted your wife.

The Book of Mormon is true= Joseph Smith is a prophet= Jesus Christ is real= The Bible is true= Jesus says in the Bible to pray and ask God to give you answers= The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints is true= said church is led by Jesus today via living prophets who speak his words= the temple ordinances are true= the prophet's teachings are true= I should subscribe to said church.

It all starts with wanting to really know if the book of mormon is really true. If you can prove the book of mormon false, you can prove the church false.

So far, the book has remained rock solid through the hurricaine of attacks against the church. Many so called proofs of it's fabrication have long since gone by the wayside. You really ought to read it sometime and tell me what problems you have with it. Then we can get beyond your adolescent level of discussion.

I don't have a wife, I don't believe in that, but my gf and I have 2 kids. Marriage is for the religiously impaired.

I wanted to know more the why of why you believe the kolob stuff is true, because believing in something like that is a mystery, except for retards who will believe anything (avatar). But for seemingly intelligent people I don't get it. Maybe mormons are ALL douchebags? I don't know, you tell me.

I said "infinitessimal".

I don't have a wife, I don't believe in that, but my gf and I have 2 kids. Marriage is for the religiously impaired.

I wanted to know more the why of why you believe the kolob stuff is true, because believing in something like that is a mystery, except for retards who will believe anything (avatar). But for seemingly intelligent people I don't get it. Maybe mormons are ALL douchebags? I don't know, you tell me.

Mormans are mostly just people born into it. I maintain the hierarchy is cult like. I have met and know many that have left the Mormans because they had just had it with the wierdness.

Last edited:

Mormans are mostly just people born into it. I maintain the hierachy is cult like. I have met and know many that have left the Mormans because they had just had it with the wierdness.

You may want to do just a little research The church is growing and in leaps and bounds through missionaries converting people. I know that at one point we were the fastest growing religion according to the US Government.

I joined in 79.

Mormans are mostly just people born into it. I maintain the hierachy is cult like. I have met and know many that have left the Mormans because they had just had it with the wierdness.

You may want to do just a little research The church is growing and in leaps and bounds through missionaries converting people. I know that at one point we were the fastest growing religion according to the US Government.

I joined in 79.

That explains a lot.

I predict that at some point in your life you will come to a realization that you religion does more harm than good.

I said "infinitessimal".

Did you know that all of our leaders in the First Presidency and Twelve Apostles are, doctors, lawyers, surgeons, pilots, dentists, scientists and teachers? All of them.

They aren't the dumbest group of guys you've ever heard of either. For them to volunteer their time and not take a single cent for their ministry is another evidence of the church's authenticity.

No we aren't douchebags. Like I said. You would have to actually read the Book of Mormon to start criticizing us. At least to know what you are talking about right? Let me know when you have done some reading. I'll be waiting for your reply.:popcorn:

Mormans are mostly just people born into it. I maintain the hierarchy is cult like. I have met and know many that have left the Mormans because they had just had it with the wierdness.

At least 1/3 of all our members are converts during adulthood. people leave for some of the same reasons people stay. It all depends on the individual.

I joined in 79.

That explains a lot.

I predict that at some point in your life you will come to a realization that you religion does more harm than good.

What is the great harm that we do?

That explains a lot.

Okay lets look at what the Church teaches people to do:

To be honest.
To get married, stay married, and raise your children
To remain chaste and faithful
To do service for others
To work hard and prepare for the future
To educate yourself.
To stay out of debt unless necessary.
To serve country and community
To actively do good
To be Sober

What is so harmful about that?

Last edited:

Wierdness. huh? im going to go out on a limb and say you've never actually attended services. They really arent that weird.

Like I said before, I'm fine with the Mormons. They're good, decent, cheerful people. People who pick fights with Mormons because of their religion are the weird ones. At the end of the day, people who are good neighbors, take care of their families, don't break the law, and pay their taxes are who we need more of. I don't care what their motivation is, and neither should anybody else. What I care about are the results.

I'll take that as a no.

I replied and say yes. Did you you miss it?

Yes, but you changed my quote to all lowercase which makes a big difference in how it is answered.

Maybe I can refrase it to better clarify. Do you believe that Jesus was God in the flesh and that he has always been God?

I do not. Jesus was very clear in John, he is the SON of God and is NOT God. The trinity is a lie. God is God, Jesus is his first begotten Son and the Holy Spirit is a force that does Gods bidding. Each a separate entity.

This is wrong. It's not "mostly people born into it". I know a lot of converts both to and from the religion, also all organized religions are really cults, that's pretty much what the definition of the word is, but then so are political parties, schools, etc.. I left simply because I didn't believe in it, and my current religion is far stranger than they ever were, I worship gods that have animal heads for fuck's sake, and my best friend worships gods that are named after elements. Seriously, is any religion not "weird"? Even atheism is weird, thinking that there is no life better than us? Well, that's more depressing than weird, but meh. No, the Mormons aren't bad, just some of their fanatics can take it too far, and many have different interpretations of their own works, but they aren't as different as people paint them to be.

I replied and say yes. Did you you miss it?

Yes, but you changed my quote to all lowercase which makes a big difference in how it is answered.

Maybe I can refrase it to better clarify. Do you believe that Jesus was God in the flesh and that he has always been God?

I do not. Jesus was very clear in John, he is the SON of God and is NOT God. The trinity is a lie. God is God, Jesus is his first begotten Son and the Holy Spirit is a force that does Gods bidding. Each a separate entity.

.....The word was God....and the word was with God.....

It was both.

Are you Mormons willing to die for your beliefs....??? If actually persecuted....would you run and hide...or cry...or deny your god...and your church???

Dying would be easy. It's living for it that's tough.

There is nothing to be ashamed of in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Simply because some people refuse to learn what it actually teaches doesnt mean the Gospel is flawed.

Are you Mormons willing to die for your beliefs....??? If actually persecuted....would you run and hide...or cry...or deny your god...and your church???

Depends. I will never deny my belief in God. I might deny my membership in a specific church if it gives me a chance to fight back against an oppressor. So little chance I would deny my church either.

By the way dumb ass OUR God is everyone's God. He is the same God that Christians believe in, Jews and Muslims. He is the one true God. And no amount of wishing it were not true or denying it changes that.

.....The word was God....and the word was with God.....

It was both.

Does not mean what you are claiming. Jesus is a God Like figure. He is the first begotten of God. He helps God do many things and he came to earth to die for our sins. He is NOT God. And in John he keeps telling everyone he is NOT God.

Forum List

Back