The two ends of the political spectrum are killing us

Political overcompensation is the new Great American Pastime.

A few years ago, some of us were warning the Left: You're going too far with Political Correctness and Identity Politics. You're going too far screaming RACIST at every last fucking thing that moves. You're going too far lowering standards and expectations for people based solely on their skin color. You're going too far in normalizing sexual disorders such as gender dysphoria. You're going too far in putting your agenda in schools. You're going too far in disallowing conservative voices on college campuses. And most of all, you're going too far in attacking, intimidating and penalizing people in everyday life for saying things you don't like.

There's going to be pushback, we said. You're overcompensating, we said. This stuff is not right, we said. I only said that a few thousand times here, to be met with attacks from the Left. (By the way, a zillion examples of that available upon request via the search function)

So now we see the pushback, with this Neanderthal, middle school bully-approach to the culture from the Right. This is the pushback we warned about -- although, admittedly, even worse than I imagined. And this sucker has legs, just like your weaponized PC and Identity Politics did. They're making laws and attacking and intimidating. Gee, what a coincidence. What Deja Vu we're seeing, huh? Go figure!

And most amazing of all, this pushback included the election of a petulant child, an obvious con man, an orange buffoon, in 2016, and all the fucking unbelievable madness that has followed.

No doubt there will be pushback to this, too. Back and forth. Back and forth. More and more damage.

Ideological politics poisons everything it touches. Now it's putting this country at risk of falling apart. Great job, gang. You're BOTH so much like those you hate, and you just won't stop.

LOL! The Biden cultist wants to talk about the political spectrum. Self-awareness fail #3,295,389 for Mac1958.

:auiqs.jpg:

Nobody really likes the Uniparty but I have yet to see any viable alternatives that are not in the bag for one side or the other.
The alternative is evident. Stop supporting the uniparty. It’s not hard.

You recognize both parties are one, when you use the term uniparty. Yet, you still support one side of it. Supporting one side of something awful thinking it’s the lesser of two evils, results in exactly what we have. EVIL!

A few years ago, some of us were warning the Left: You're going too far with Political Correctness and Identity Politics. You're going too far screaming RACIST at every last fucking thing that moves. You're going too far lowering standards and expectations for people based solely on their skin color. You're going too far in normalizing sexual disorders such as gender dysphoria. You're going too far in putting your agenda in schools. You're going too far in disallowing conservative voices on college campuses. And most of all, you're going too far in attacking, intimidating and penalizing people in everyday life for saying things you don't like.

There's going to be pushback, we said. You're overcompensating, we said. This stuff is not right, we said. I only said that a few thousand times here, to be met with attacks from the Left. (By the way, a zillion examples of that available upon request via the search function)

So now we see the pushback, with this Neanderthal, middle school bully-approach to the culture from the Right. This is the pushback we warned about -- although, admittedly, even worse than I imagined. And this sucker has legs, just like your weaponized PC and Identity Politics did. They're making laws and attacking and intimidating. Gee, what a coincidence. What Deja Vu we're seeing, huh? Go figure!

And most amazing of all, this pushback included the election of a petulant child, an obvious con man, an orange buffoon, in 2016, and all the fucking unbelievable madness that has followed.

No doubt there will be pushback to this, too. Back and forth. Back and forth. More and more damage.

Ideological politics poisons everything it touches. Now it's putting this country at risk of falling apart. Great job, gang. You're BOTH so much like those you hate, and you just won't stop.

Yep. The two-party "culture war" is sinking the country.

If the moderates would pay attention during the primaries we could keep the extremists from being our only choices in the general election
Pay attention? Most people are pretty ignorant about politics, thus they depend on media to inform them. Today's media is so fragmented that it now caters exclusively to specific political confirmation biases. Again, besides voting, how are moderates supposed to stem the tide of extremism?

The March toward personal freedom and inclusivity has been going on for centuries and there is always pushback.

And that March (correctly) continues.

Get over it

Partisan bedtime stories don't help us. Face reality. Half the country is fed up with the forced march.

When you've moved so far to the right that RR looks like a leftist to you then, as the old joke goes, "it's not me, it's you."

Any "leftist" laws
Banning the discussion of mixed sex marriage? Of natural child birth?
How about banning being "conservative" in public?

You're calling what should be a general reaction to racism, bigotry, misogyny, "LEFTIST"

The people you're seemingly defending here had the same reactions to Black's given equal opportunities in the military, the VRA, women in the military, Gays in the military...

No matter the issue their reactions are the same. To try to use the power of government against people because of who those people are. Black, Latin, Asian, Women, LGBTQ+ and people who would step up to protect the powerless.

They would love us to STFU but if we do, what changes?

Last edited:
So, everything will be fixed if people just stop using the term "woke", eh?

The Democrat war on language continues, and Mac is a card-carrying Democrat.

Partisan bedtime stories don't help us. Face reality. Half the country is fed up with the forced march.
Half? Not even close.

Maybe you missed it but people have gotten used to gays… and mixed marriages… and are pretty intolerant of sexual harassment and all the rest

The alternative is evident. Stop supporting the uniparty. It’s not hard.

You recognize both parties are one, when you use the term uniparty. Yet, you still support one side of it. Supporting one side of something awful thinking it’s the lesser of two evils, results in exactly what we have. EVIL!
OK, so stay home and STFU.

To those who are reasonable, aka, not Mac:

Rolling Stone is in a flat panic because it is now obvious to them that they have lost everything. Even the culture.

So they find a few young Republicans to sound some kind of alarm against a rising tide even they can no longer ignore.

Imagine being a so-called "rock and roll" magazine and having gone all in for the bootlicking of power.

Could never be me.
I'm going to guess Rolling Stone is not on your approved reading list.
Too bad.
They've done some great reporting over the years.

The March toward personal freedom and inclusivity has been going on for centuries and there is always pushback.

And that March (correctly) continues.

Get over it

LOL! The ^^^guy who flies a Nazi flag and wants to put unvaccinated people in jail is talking about "the march towards personal freedom". Can't make this shit up...

We seem to be stuck with both major political parties because most voters either vote Republican or Democrat. I mostly vote for 3rd party candidates.

LOL! The ^^^guy who flies a Nazi flag and wants to put unvaccinated people in jail is talking about "the march towards personal freedom". Can't make this shit up...
Post me ever saying anything positive about Nazis. You can’t. You’re lying.

Post me saying I want unvaxxed jailed. You can’t. You’re lying

It’s what you do

You're gonna get pushback when you start chopping off body parts, normalizing pedos, and confusing a man for a woman and vice versa. Sick perverts.

No way. I would say less than 25% based on how people are voting
I talk to many, many Democrats who only vote that way because they think they're voting "against" Trump. Nevermind the delusional nature of that voting strategy - the point is, they're not really on the woke party train. They're just trapped in the two party death spiral.

Forum List

Back