The U.S. NOT founded upon Christianity

It isn't in the Constitution because they intended that nobody's version of Christianity be authorized to infringe on the unalienable right to believe what one wanted to believe including rejection of Christianity or religion if that is what they wanted. That did not in the least change their conviction that our nation would prosper and remain free only in the hands of moral and religious Christians.

There is a world of difference between 'being founded on the Christian religion" which it wasn't and being founded on Christian principles, which it was.

It isn't in the Constitution because this is a secular nation with a secular government. Our founders were the first to codify that Christianity would take NO PART in government. Privately, knock yourself out. Governmentally? NO.

Idiot. The argument, for the 500th time, isn't that Christianity takes a part in government.

The argument (it's not even an argument, as it's an accepted, proven fact) is that the government was founded upon Christian principle.

Remember...

foundverb
Definition of FOUND

transitive verb
: to take the first steps in building

: to set or ground on something solid : base

: to establish (as an institution) often with provision for future maintenance

That from this page, you lying pos.

So what was the first step our FF took to establish a new country, Bod? Perhaps if we reduce it down to first grade level, you'll get it.

There is nothing quite so pathetic as one who strains at gnats to avoid acknowledging the truth in the obvious. The phenomenon is so prevalent among the radical left and the radically anti-religious that I think it must be what Michael Savage meant when he coined the phrase: "liberalism is a mental disorder."

I do wonder what they fear would happen to them if they embraced the truth of what our Founders were about even if they do not personally accept those concepts. They can't even seem to appreciate that it was BECAUSE the Founders saw unalienable rights in the their faith and implemented them in the Declaration and Constitution that our contrarian friends have the right to disagree that such exists.

Allie, you are wasting your time, as I'm sure you are aware :rofl:. I can already tell that Bode is one of those people who come to message boards to vent because they are pissed off about their own lives. She has No interest in honest debate, she just wishes to lie, ans stir up shit. Notice she completely ignores EVERY quote from the founding fathers in which they explicitly say we were founded on Christian principles. Instead clinging to a clause in a treaty which directly contradicts the words of the very President who signed it.

She is a stupid, and a liar. I don't understand the idea of lying about historical facts to win a debate on a message board.

Watch her next lie will be to come on here and say that I promised not to talk about her anymore, when clearly all I said was that I was no longer going to debate with her. I said nothing about further insults.

I have no problem with people believing whatever they want, but when you knowingly base your opinion on lies, then your opinion is a lie; and Bode is the biggest liar I've ever met. You should go up to the thread in the law forum, it's quite interesting.

But you're wasting your time here. Bode is a piece of shit unworthy of debate.

There is nothing quite so pathetic as one who strains at gnats to avoid acknowledging the truth in the obvious. The phenomenon is so prevalent among the radical left and the radically anti-religious that I think it must be what Michael Savage meant when he coined the phrase: "liberalism is a mental disorder."

I do wonder what they fear would happen to them if they embraced the truth of what our Founders were about even if they do not personally accept those concepts. They can't even seem to appreciate that it was BECAUSE the Founders saw unalienable rights in the their faith and implemented them in the Declaration and Constitution that our contrarian friends have the right to disagree that such exists.

The Truth of what our Founders were about is that they were for the most part Christian men who had seen what happens when Religion rules the State and when the State rules Religion and they set out to FIX that. They created the first written Constitutional government that codified freedom of religion and kept ANY religion out of governmental law. No one had ever done that before. That is the awesomeness of it....and to say they created our government based on ONE religion's tenets is denying the awesomeness of what they did. What they DID.

That's what the problem is ma'am. They have convinced themselves that Christians are the enemy. So if they now admitted that Christian tenets are what gave them the very rights they abuse to trash Christians, they would have to acknowledge their hypocrisy, and that isn't going to happen.

Allie, you are wasting your time, as I'm sure you are aware :rofl:. I can already tell that Bode is one of those people who come to message boards to vent because they are pissed off about their own lives. She has No interest in honest debate, she just wishes to lie, ans stir up shit. Notice she completely ignores EVERY quote from the founding fathers in which they explicitly say we were founded on Christian principles. Instead clinging to a clause in a treaty which directly contradicts the words of the very President who signed it.

She is a stupid, and a liar. I don't understand the idea of lying about historical facts to win a debate on a message board.

Watch her next lie will be to come on here and say that I promised not to talk about her anymore, when clearly all I said was that I was no longer going to debate with her. I said nothing about further insults.

I have no problem with people believing whatever they want, but when you knowingly base your opinion on lies, then your opinion is a lie; and Bode is the biggest liar I've ever met. You should go up to the thread in the law forum, it's quite interesting.

See? I told you last nite I'd see you tomorrow....and here you are. Chock full of insults. Mad debating skills, we can all see.

That's what the problem is ma'am. They have convinced themselves that Christians are the enemy. So if they now admitted that Christian tenets are what gave them the very rights they abuse to trash Christians, they would have to acknowledge their hypocrisy, and that isn't going to happen.

What an incredible load of dingos' kidneys that comment is.

The Truth of what our Founders were about is that they were for the most part Christian men who had seen what happens when Religion rules the State and when the State rules Religion and they set out to FIX that. They created the first written Constitutional government that codified freedom of religion and kept ANY religion out of governmental law. No one had ever done that before. That is the awesomeness of it....and to say they created our government based on ONE religion's tenets is denying the awesomeness of what they did. What they DID.

The only thing regarding religion they concerned themselves with in the law was to ensure that the government would not be given any say in what person's believed in matters of religion/faith/church/spirituality and would not be able to either reward nor punish people for what they believed. That in turn required that the Church would not be given authority in government.

You and Gadawg seem almost desperate to believe that meant there are no Christian concepts contained in the wording and structure that the Founders gave us in the Declaration and the Constitution. And you keep insisting on that despite reams of evidence to the contrary.

See? I told you last nite I'd see you tomorrow....and here you are. Chock full of insults. Mad debating skills, we can all see.

LOL look the moron did EXACTLY what I said she would do.

Hey Allie, you want to blow the idiots mind?

Life , liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Hmm, that sure sounds like free will to me. Now where have I read about free will before............. Wait a minute, I know............

The House and Senate open with prayer everyday

The official clergy of Congress are the two chaplains—one in the House, the other in the
Senate. They are among the elected officers of their respective houses. At the beginning of
each Congress, the House chaplain is elected for a two-year term. The Senate chaplain
does not have to be reelected at the beginning of a new Congress. This report is one of a series on
the legislative process.
They open with prayer everyday before the house and senate conduct their business.

There's no mind to blow.

True. I really only put that out there in case a person who actually wishes to debate comes along. Bode obviously isn't that person.

I do think it's funny that I wrote in my post watch her come back and claim I said something I did not say and not 2 minutes later, she came back and did exactly that. :lol:

At this point in my mind I have evidence to suggest that every thing I have ever read that she has claimed is a lie. I don't think she is capable of telling the truth.

The only thing regarding religion they concerned themselves with in the law was to ensure that the government would not be given any say in what person's believed in matters of religion/faith/church/spirituality and would not be able to either reward nor punish people for what they believed. That in turn required that the Church would not be given authority in government.You and Gadawg seem almost desperate to believe that meant there are no Christian concepts contained in the wording and structure that the Founders gave us in the Declaration and the Constitution. And you keep insisting on that despite reams of evidence to the contrary.

What you said there is EXTREMELY True and I applaud you for saying it so clearly.

Now...not to bust your bubble...what is the Christian principle in that?

The official clergy of Congress are the two chaplains—one in the House, the other in the
Senate. They are among the elected officers of their respective houses. At the beginning of
each Congress, the House chaplain is elected for a two-year term. The Senate chaplain
does not have to be reelected at the beginning of a new Congress. This report is one of a series on
the legislative process.
They open with prayer everyday before the house and senate conduct their business.

So to does the SCOTUS open every session with a prayer to God.

foundverb
Definition of FOUND

transitive verb
: to take the first steps in building

: to set or ground on something solid : base

: to establish (as an institution) often with provision for future maintenance

the legislative process.

Are they required to by law?

the legislative process.

Are they required to by law?

Yes, they are elected officials

Forum List

Back