The U.S. NOT founded upon Christianity

If the US. was not founded upon Christianity then why does congress open with Christian prayer every day?
It has done so since the beginning of this nation.
Our political and human rights come from a power higher than human government in which our constitution was formed.

Tell that to one of the Founders under the rule of the Crown Monarchy. Divine Rights by God is what the Kings declared.
The US Constitution defines our rights and LIMITS THE POWER of government.
The First Continental Congress opened with a motion to prayer and this was objected to.
Guess why?
Your lack of knowledge about the history of this country is severely lacking.

If the US. was not founded upon Christianity then why does congress open with Christian prayer every day?
Our political and human rights come from a power higher than human government in which our constitution was formed.

Tell that to one of the Founders under the rule of the Crown Monarchy. Divine Rights by God is what the Kings declared.
The First Continental Congress opened with a motion to prayer and this was objected to.
Guess why?

You have been taught the revisionist liberal lie.

Guess why?

:lol:
that's funny coming from you.

The Christian principles I was always taught as a youth in the late 50s in church were to be Christlike.
What about slavery, treating women as second class citizens, selling slaves and your own offspring from slaves; imprisoning, fining and beating women with children out of wedlock and forcing labor for decades on indentured servants is "Christian principles"?
The nation was not founded on Christian principles. And I am damn proud it wasn't.
Love thy neighbor and turn the other cheek does not win revolutions. Anyone that believes so is is naive to the core.

Have you ever sat down and actually read the Bible?

This nation was founded by Christian men.
This nation was primarily Christian at the time the nation was founded.
Christianity has played a positive part in the founding of this nation and still does.
Christianity has done far, far more positive things than not in the founding of this nation and the development of this nation. This nation does more things for more people all over the world based on those Christian principles. Amazing how many people here that claim this nation was founded on Christian principles want to end all foreign aid which is based on the very Christian principles they profess!
This nation was not founded on religion. The founders went out of their way to oppose that. That fact alone has allowed Christianity to be such a positive INFLUENCE on our citizenry here and around the world.

Guess why?

You have been taught the revisionist liberal lie.

I went to private Christian schools
Been voting Republican since 1972.
Try again next time with some facts.

If the US. was not founded upon Christianity then why does congress open with Christian prayer every day?It has done so since the beginning of this nation.

It doesn't.

Next question?

Liar

Opening Prayer Archive, Office of the Chaplain

Opening Prayer

To view a prayer from a previous day of House proceedings, please select a month and year from the search menu on the left.
04/18/2011
Reverend Daniel P. Coughlin

A personal "Te Deum":

You are God: we praise You;
You are the Lord; we acclaim You;
You are the eternal Father:
All creation worships You.
Save Your people, Lord, and bless Your inheritance.
Govern and uphold these now and always.
Day by day we bless You.
We praise Your name forever.
Keep us today, Lord, from all sin.
Have mercy on us, Lord have mercy.
Lord, show us Your love and mercy;
For we put our trust in You.
In You, Lord, is our hope:
And we shall never hope in vain. Amen.

First Prayer of the Continental Congress, 1774

The Prayer in the First Congress, A.D. 1774
O Lord our Heavenly Father, high and mighty King of kings, and Lord of lords, who dost from thy throne behold all the dwellers on earth and reignest with power supreme and uncontrolled over all the Kingdoms, Empires and Governments; look down in mercy, we beseech Thee, on these our American States, who have fled to Thee from the rod of the oppressor and thrown themselves on Thy gracious protection, desiring to be henceforth dependent only on Thee. To Thee have they appealed for the righteousness of their cause; to Thee do they now look up for that countenance and support, which Thou alone canst give. Take them, therefore, Heavenly Father, under Thy nurturing care; give them wisdom in Council and valor in the field; defeat the malicious designs of our cruel adversaries; convince them of the unrighteousness of their Cause and if they persist in their sanguinary purposes, of own unerring justice, sounding in their hearts, constrain them to drop the weapons of war from their unnerved hands in the day of battle!
Be Thou present, O God of wisdom, and direct the councils of this honorable assembly; enable them to settle things on the best and surest foundation. That the scene of blood may be speedily closed; that order, harmony and peace may be effectually restored, and truth and justice, religion and piety, prevail and flourish amongst the people. Preserve the health of their bodies and vigor of their minds; shower down on them and the millions they here represent, such temporal blessings as Thou seest expedient for them in this world and crown them with everlasting glory in the world to come. All this we ask in the name and through the merits of Jesus Christ, Thy Son and our Savior.
Amen.
Reverend Jacob Duché
Rector of Christ Church of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
September 7, 1774, 9 o’clock a.m.

The Christian principles I was always taught as a youth in the late 50s in church were to be Christlike.
What about slavery, treating women as second class citizens, selling slaves and your own offspring from slaves; imprisoning, fining and beating women with children out of wedlock and forcing labor for decades on indentured servants is "Christian principles"?
The nation was not founded on Christian principles. And I am damn proud it wasn't.
Love thy neighbor and turn the other cheek does not win revolutions. Anyone that believes so is is naive to the core.

Tell us Allie what the Bible has to do with The US Constitution, the document and law of the land that this nation was founded on.
Bible classse were mandatory at the Christian schools I was educated in. I have relatives that are preachers dating back to the 1600s to the present.
They are proof positive that this country never interfered with or mixed religion with government.
They do it your way in Iran. Delta is ready when you are.

If the US. was not founded upon Christianity then why does congress open with Christian prayer every day?It has done so since the beginning of this nation.

It doesn't.

Next question?

Liar

Opening Prayer Archive, Office of the Chaplain

Opening Prayer

To view a prayer from a previous day of House proceedings, please select a month and year from the search menu on the left.
04/18/2011
Reverend Daniel P. Coughlin

A personal "Te Deum":

You are God: we praise You;
You are the Lord; we acclaim You;
You are the eternal Father:
All creation worships You.
Save Your people, Lord, and bless Your inheritance.
Govern and uphold these now and always.
Day by day we bless You.
We praise Your name forever.
Keep us today, Lord, from all sin.
Have mercy on us, Lord have mercy.
Lord, show us Your love and mercy;
For we put our trust in You.
In You, Lord, is our hope:
And we shall never hope in vain. Amen.

Who's the liar now? They've had Jewish, Hindu, and even Muslim and Buddhism prayers at times (tho we get exclusionary bigots whining about it when they do)

Were you one of these bigots? http://thebuddhistblog.blogspot.com/2007/07/hindu-chaplain-shouted-down-in-us.html

Oh, I stand corrected...no Muslim prayers or pagan prayers yet...the protesters would probably hurt them.

Last edited:
First Prayer of the Continental Congress, 1774

The Prayer in the First Congress, A.D. 1774
O Lord our Heavenly Father, high and mighty King of kings, and Lord of lords, who dost from thy throne behold all the dwellers on earth and reignest with power supreme and uncontrolled over all the Kingdoms, Empires and Governments; look down in mercy, we beseech Thee, on these our American States, who have fled to Thee from the rod of the oppressor and thrown themselves on Thy gracious protection, desiring to be henceforth dependent only on Thee. To Thee have they appealed for the righteousness of their cause; to Thee do they now look up for that countenance and support, which Thou alone canst give. Take them, therefore, Heavenly Father, under Thy nurturing care; give them wisdom in Council and valor in the field; defeat the malicious designs of our cruel adversaries; convince them of the unrighteousness of their Cause and if they persist in their sanguinary purposes, of own unerring justice, sounding in their hearts, constrain them to drop the weapons of war from their unnerved hands in the day of battle!
Be Thou present, O God of wisdom, and direct the councils of this honorable assembly; enable them to settle things on the best and surest foundation. That the scene of blood may be speedily closed; that order, harmony and peace may be effectually restored, and truth and justice, religion and piety, prevail and flourish amongst the people. Preserve the health of their bodies and vigor of their minds; shower down on them and the millions they here represent, such temporal blessings as Thou seest expedient for them in this world and crown them with everlasting glory in the world to come. All this we ask in the name and through the merits of Jesus Christ, Thy Son and our Savior.
Amen.
Reverend Jacob Duché
Rector of Christ Church of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
September 7, 1774, 9 o’clock a.m.

That is it. Now tell us why the first motion was objected to.
For what reason and why?

Tell us Allie what the Bible has to do with The US Constitution, the document and law of the land that this nation was founded on.
Bible classse were mandatory at the Christian schools I was educated in. I have relatives that are preachers dating back to the 1600s to the present.
They are proof positive that this country never interfered with or mixed religion with government.

Ask Allie what Christian tenets are in our Constitution and in our laws and in our nations' historical policies....that's when she: 1) changes the subject, 2) calls you names, or 3) goes away for awhile..

What you will NOT get is examples to bolster her point.

Oh I see. Because there have been a handful of non-Christian prayers, you think that proves the country isn't rooted in Christianity.

Despite the fact that the founding fathers, the Declaration, and many other documents attest otherwise.

Nothing dishonest about that.

Ask Allie what Christian tenets are in our Constitution and in our laws and in our nations' historical policies....that's when she: 1) changes the subject, 2) calls you names, or 3) goes away for awhile..

I already provided examples.

Lots of them. It's a shame you're such a liar.

This is what you keep saying....and this is the only thing you say....

Allie: "I already provided examples" (deflection #1)

Me: "Well, where are they?

Allie: "You just have to find them for yourself" (deflection #2)

Me: "Can you give a link, repeat them or post number"

Allie: "Do your own work" (deflection #2)

Me: "Ok, I looked thru the entire thread, don't see them"

Allie: "Troll!" (deflection #3)

That's pretty much how Allie rolls.

2 Notes: 1) the above was a paraphrase (for anyone too stupid to figure that out)

2) I forgot to mention, after going thru that cycle, she'll neg rep you

Last edited:

Allie: "I already provided examples"

Allie: "You just have to find them for yourself"

Allie: "Do your own work"

Allie: "Troll!"

Really?

I'm not Allie.

The argument isn't what the Constitution says or doesn't say. The argument is whether this nation was founded on Christian principles. And it was. The Constitution even honors the Christian Sabbath as laid out in Article 1, Section 7, Clause 2, which stated in part, “If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law,”

Allie: "I already provided examples"

Allie: "You just have to find them for yourself"

Allie: "Do your own work"

Allie: "Troll!"

Really?

Yep....it apparently is easier to SAY one had provided evidence than to actually provide evidence.

Forum List

Back