The Wages Of Ordinary American Workers Has Increased 9% in Forty Years

Libertarians hate it when the subject of family comes up. Very few of them have kids (so are completely oblivious to the issues) and whatever family they do have, they don't give a fuck about.

Don't know about that, but even if so, at least they don't want to destroy family or worship single moms / government. Both of which statistically fail to raise kids properly.

Conservatives gave Bush a 70%+ job approval rating in 2008. You can claim you weren't one of them,

but most of your rightwing pals were very happy with Bush.
I have always criticized Bush's spending, but unlike liberals, conservatives understand nuance and don't have a "we always good, they always bad" mentality.

That is the biggest lie ever told on this forum.
Oh, believe me, I've seen some doozies. There's the one about how conservatives hate gay people, then there's the one about how they hate women and minorities, how they want to starve the elderly and children and push grandma off a cliff. There really are some big lies out there, and I guess you have to be a liberal to believe them.

Conservatives want to treat gays as second class citizens, which is hateful.

Conservatives want to end the food stamp and school lunch programs.

Conservatives want women to go prison for having abortions.

Conservatives want the Muslim faith banned in America.

Liberals want us to be communist

Liberals want boys and men to marry

Liberals want little boys pee pee cut off and made to wear dresses

Liberals want to tax everyone 99%

Liberals want everyone to run around half naked and live in mudd huts

Two can play at your silly games.

Actually you're not even close. Liberals want all Americans to be able to do anything they want to do as long as it doesn't interfere with other Americans. The Republican party no longer stands for anything except tax cuts for the rich. They never have cut their spending and after Bill Clinton, if Bush had simply left things alone there wouldn't even be a national debt. He reared up and cut tax rates twice and doubled the national debt. He's a goddam idiot. He proved it by invading a middle eastern country which had done no harm to the United States.

Meanwhile:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg
Your graph is bullsh#t and I will tell you why. It shows everybody equal in 1979. And that is simply NOT true.

No it doesn't. The graph shows percentage change over time. Not absolute value. All categories will start at 0% change at the beginning of the measurement period.
STOP MAKING SENSE DAMMIT! And besides, look how cheap shit is. (-:

Seriously, reading DF's comments was an afternoon highlight. (and yes, my life pretty much sucks until 5pm)

I have always criticized Bush's spending, but unlike liberals, conservatives understand nuance and don't have a "we always good, they always bad" mentality.

Oh, believe me, I've seen some doozies. There's the one about how conservatives hate gay people, then there's the one about how they hate women and minorities, how they want to starve the elderly and children and push grandma off a cliff. There really are some big lies out there, and I guess you have to be a liberal to believe them.

Actually you're not even close. Liberals want all Americans to be able to do anything they want to do as long as it doesn't interfere with other Americans. The Republican party no longer stands for anything except tax cuts for the rich. They never have cut their spending and after Bill Clinton, if Bush had simply left things alone there wouldn't even be a national debt. He reared up and cut tax rates twice and doubled the national debt. He's a goddam idiot. He proved it by invading a middle eastern country which had done no harm to the United States.

if Bush had simply left things alone there wouldn't even be a national debt.

Yeah, because the Internet Bubble would have lasted 8 more years, at least, without the tax cuts. Durr.

Libertarians hate it when the subject of family comes up. Very few of them have kids (so are completely oblivious to the issues) and whatever family they do have, they don't give a fuck about.

It's not up to anyone else to pay for your kids.
If you can't afford then don't have them
I can and do pay for my own kids. I have a job that allows me to do that in style on (usually) 40 hours per week. You seem mystified why anyone can't spend 100 hours a week working.

But you see if you and I make exactly the same income and I don't have kids then you pay less in taxes than I do so therefore I am subsidizing your children.

And you obviously need some help with your reading comprehension. All I said was anyone can make more money any time they want to.

I used an anecdotal personal story to illustrate that it can be done
To some degree that might be true but here's a for instance for you. You live out in the sticks. I'm a city dweller. I subsidize services like water, sewer, mail delivery and roads because those things are less concentrated where you live and are therefore more expensive per capita.

The simple truth is that anyone can make more money any time they want. It's just that most people don't want to

The simple truth is that anyone can make more money any time they want. It's just that most people don't want to

Sure, if they want to work two or three jobs.

As a responsible employer I pay higher wages so my 'guys' don't have too.

The Koch Brothers must be very proud of you. Too bad you've screwed yourself and your family with your sociopath views.

So what?

You all whine that people can't make more money and the fact is they can

It is not written anywhere that all anyone will ever need is one 40 hour a week job

And I worked 2 or more jobs from the age of 16 right up until my late 30s. It allowed me to save the money I needed to start our business when we first started 10 years ago I worked 100 hours a week for the first couple years then 60-70 the next few now I only work about 25 hours a week

You sheep have to realize that anyone who ever accomplished anything never worked just 40 hours a week

And how is that a sociopathic view?

And FYI mentioning family is off limits
You can't get a better job than part time because they won't hire full timers because of Obamacare.
You can't work two jobs because your one job changes the hours you work every other week.

Actually you're not even close. Liberals want all Americans to be able to do anything they want to do as long as it doesn't interfere with other Americans.
That's Libertarians. Liberals want to tell us what to eat, drink, and think.

Bullshit....

Smoking don't interfere with other Americans yet liberals want to tax it to death

Drinking beerdon't interfere with other Americans yet liberals want to tax it to death.

Not wearing a seat belt don't interfere yet liberals pass laws to force me to wear one

Not wearing a helmet on a motorcycle don't interfere with anyone yet liberals pass laws to try to force people to wear one

Fuck you all liberal do is try to take away people's freedom of choice.

Yeah, because the Internet Bubble would have lasted 8 more years, at least, without the tax cuts. Durr.

Bush cut taxes in 2001 with the expressed purpose of getting rid of the so-called surplus. That was insane.

I can and do pay for my own kids. I have a job that allows me to do that in style on (usually) 40 hours per week. You seem mystified why anyone can't spend 100 hours a week working.

But you see if you and I make exactly the same income and I don't have kids then you pay less in taxes than I do so therefore I am subsidizing your children.

And you obviously need some help with your reading comprehension. All I said was anyone can make more money any time they want to.

To some degree that might be true but here's a for instance for you. You live out in the sticks. I'm a city dweller. I subsidize services like water, sewer, mail delivery and roads because those things are less concentrated where you live and are therefore more expensive per capita.

I have a private well and septic you pay nothing for those. I have a post office box so I get my own mail, and if I drive more I pay more gas taxes which are supposed to be earmarked for roads. I don't have kids I pay more for your kid's government provided services than you do.

Bush cut taxes in 2001 with the expressed purpose of getting rid of the so-called surplus. That was insane.
Link for the mind reading?

Sure, if they want to work two or three jobs.

As a responsible employer I pay higher wages so my 'guys' don't have too.

The Koch Brothers must be very proud of you. Too bad you've screwed yourself and your family with your sociopath views.

So what?

You all whine that people can't make more money and the fact is they can

It is not written anywhere that all anyone will ever need is one 40 hour a week job

And I worked 2 or more jobs from the age of 16 right up until my late 30s. It allowed me to save the money I needed to start our business when we first started 10 years ago I worked 100 hours a week for the first couple years then 60-70 the next few now I only work about 25 hours a week

You sheep have to realize that anyone who ever accomplished anything never worked just 40 hours a week

And how is that a sociopathic view?

And FYI mentioning family is off limits
You can't get a better job than part time because they won't hire full timers because of Obamacare.
You can't work two jobs because your one job changes the hours you work every other week.

There are plenty of part time jobs that will give you regular shifts

Why was it insane?
What makes you think it would have continued after the Internet Bubble burst, the recession and 9/11?

I have a private well and septic you pay nothing for those. I have a post office box so I get my own mail, and if I drive more I pay more gas taxes which are supposed to be earmarked for roads. I don't have kids I pay more for your kid's government provided services than you do.
Maybe they'll contribute to keeping you alive after you've long since passed being productive. Or maybe they won't... ;-)

Maybe they'll contribute to keeping you alive after you've long since passed being productive. Or maybe they won't... ;-)

No I'll have saved enough to take care of my self. You see I don't need to be subsidized like you do

No I'll have saved enough to take care of my self. You see I don't need to be subsidized like you do
Well, last I heard, people are required to perform services and provide little things like food, fuel, etc. If everybody were as forward thinking as you, there'd be no one to do these things.

Well, last I heard, people are required to perform services and provide little things like food, fuel, etc. If everybody were as forward thinking as you, there'd be no one to do these things.

There will always be people around to pay to do a job. I just don't expect other people to pay for me like you do

There will always be people around to pay to do a job. I just don't expect other people to pay for me like you do
You can thank those of us who weren't too lazy or selfish to have kids for that.

You can thank those of us who weren't too lazy or selfish to have kids for that.

Having children is extremely selfish. And FYI no one could ever call me lazy. I do more than any of my friend with kids do.

Why did you have kids? To give them to society? To put the burden on them to make the world a better place?

Are you so conceited as to think a child with your DNA will be a boon to the world when in all reality no one but you really cared or even noticed if he was born or not?

You had a kid because you wanted to. It was for you and your wife and you alone. it wasn't for anyone else. In fact if you are like most people and you probably are you didn't even think about it. You fell for the get married have kids societal expectations.

Forum List

Back