There is no catastrophe so ghastly that we will reform our gun laws

There is no catastrophe so ghastly that America will reform its gun laws - The Week

Look, we've collectively decided, as a country, that the occasional massacre is okay with us. It's the price we're willing to pay for our precious Second Amendment freedoms. We're content to forfeit the lives of a few dozen schoolkids a year as long as we get to keep our guns. The people have spoken, in a cheering civics-class example of democracy in action.

It's hard to imagine what ghastly catastrophe could possibly change America's minds about guns if the little bloody bookbags of Newtown did not. After that atrocity, it seemed as if we would finally enact some obvious, long-overdue half-measures. But perfectly reasonable, moderate legislation expanding background checks and banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines was summarily killed in the Senate for no reason other than that a sufficient number of United States senators are owned by the NRA. It made our official position as a nation nakedly explicit: we don't care about any number of murdered children, no matter how many, or how young. We want our guns.

The United States is fucked. The gun problem has gone too far and there is no going back.

Its not the gun problem. Its the whacked out drugs that are being prescribed to young kids.

Esquire magazine ran a great article called "The Drugging of the American Boy." We're creating these psychopaths...

The United States is fucked. The gun problem has gone too far and there is no going back.

Its not the gun problem. Its the whacked out drugs that are being prescribed to young kids.

Esquire magazine ran a great article called "The Drugging of the American Boy." We're creating these psychopaths...

Yep. Theres a clinical disorder ready at your disposal for whatever symptom and along with that a prescription to fog your mind. After depression sets in from taking that prescription, we'll give you another prescription for the disorder that we just created. Don't worry about your brain being fried, we've got something for that too.

It's appalling.

And THAT'S what shows what a giant wussy-boi you are.

Great idea, lets make someone who's life is in danger think about whether they can un-holster their weapon, with the consequences being between injury or 25 years in prison.

Idiot.

No you fucking idiot; you brandish a weapon during the commission a crime you get 25 years no parole--no need to fire it.

next time be more clear you fucking dolt. Also knowing you gun grabber assholes you would then make being in possession of a gun when getting a parking ticket a crime. You can't be trusted just to stop at criminals, you feel a need to get us ALL disarmed.

All of us except the commissars and upper party members anyway.

how come you never here from left-wing nutjobs until these tragedies happen; and not the everyday carnage of much greater proportion that happens on the streets of liberal cities every day?

is it because those murderers and victims are Black and Hispanic?

libs;
idiots and hypocrites

You stupid ass, it is the carnage on the streets from the proliferation of guns that has us angry. Anyone, anytime, can get a gun in this nation. There are no enforced laws keeping someone from buying a bunch of war weapons and selling them on the street to the highest bidder. Missouri bought an AR-15 knockoff in a store parking lot, with ammo, no questions asked.

The NRA has gaurenteed access to weapons of choice to all the loonies. And our stastitics show the result. Next year, if present trends continue, gun deaths in the US will be higher than auto accident deaths.

Stop lying. Study: Gun homicides, violence down sharply in past 20 years - CNN.com

The most Ghastly Catastrophes occur when Progressive government successfully disarm their citizens. In the 20th Century, Progressive government murdered so many people it's impossible to get an accurate count to the nearest 10 million

Never Again!

The answer is not more gun laws.
The answer is to change society.

Any recommendations?

I got some. Commit a crime with a gun? 25 Years no parole. Commit murder with a gun? Death sentence.

I just want to be clear since candy actually agreed with me. Which may be a first.

When I say "Commit a crime with a gun" I mean robbing a liquor store and such. Not brandishing a weapon to scare of a criminal. Which you shouldnt do anyway,go ahead and kill em.
And when I say "Commit murder with a gun" I'm not referring to a homeowner or citizen protecting himself with a firearm.

Someone bent on committing mass murder will always find a way to do it.

Why do they seem to find an easier way to do it here than any other nation in the world?

How do you know they do? Just because we don't hear about them in other countries doesn't mean they don't happen. Did you consider other countries might have laws that make it easier to have someone suffering from mental illness committed?

There is no utterance so objectionable that we will throw away the 1st Amendment.

There is no criminal so vile we will throw away the 5th and 14th Amendments.

Someone bent on committing mass murder will always find a way to do it.

Why do they seem to find an easier way to do it here than any other nation in the world?

How do you know they do? Just because we don't hear about them in other countries doesn't mean they don't happen. Did you consider other countries might have laws that make it easier to have someone suffering from mental illness committed?

Either that or their health professionals don't just start drugging their patients right away.

There is no utterance so objectionable that we will throw away the 1st Amendment.

There is no criminal so vile we will throw away the 5th and 14th Amendments.

They're working on the 1st. The 5th is gone, and the 14th is on life support.

Liberals blame an inanimate object for murder. Then get all bothered when logical people do not want to listen to that drivel.

Guns don't kill people......People with guns kill people

People with anything including their bare hands kill people. That you liberals have fixated on an item because you believe that item is for killing. Intent is on the user, not the object. That you believe this shows what liberals truly are - violent sociopaths. I view a firearms as an item of protection, that can be used nefarious like any other item.

It's what separates logical people from liberals. Your assignment of intent on the object only shows what you apparently would do with one, or fear you might.

:eusa_shifty:

Basically that is the conservative response to anything..."shit happens*". The asterisk is the following; "when it happens to people we care about, we take action."

Again, this is why I say that the only thing that will get Washington to move on this is if a powerful lawmaker's son or daughter is a victim of one of these "shit happens" moments. Then you'll see action taken.

sad, pathetic hypocritical loser

'shit happens" is what you morons say when you are confronted with the record welfare and food stamps on your watch; and the every day gun carnage on the streets of liberal cities

Houston has a murder rate equal to El Salvador. I think Phoenix has one equal to Honduras. Liberal cities? Hardly. Of course don't let facts stand in your way; you never do.

I wonder what those areas have in common???

Any Guesses??

Buehler? Buehler?

Buehler?

There is no catastrophe so ghastly that America will reform its gun laws - The Week

Look, we've collectively decided, as a country, that the occasional massacre is okay with us. It's the price we're willing to pay for our precious Second Amendment freedoms. We're content to forfeit the lives of a few dozen schoolkids a year as long as we get to keep our guns. The people have spoken, in a cheering civics-class example of democracy in action.

It's hard to imagine what ghastly catastrophe could possibly change America's minds about guns if the little bloody bookbags of Newtown did not. After that atrocity, it seemed as if we would finally enact some obvious, long-overdue half-measures. But perfectly reasonable, moderate legislation expanding background checks and banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines was summarily killed in the Senate for no reason other than that a sufficient number of United States senators are owned by the NRA. It made our official position as a nation nakedly explicit: we don't care about any number of murdered children, no matter how many, or how young. We want our guns.

False either/or choice.
If we banned guns we would still have mass shootings and catastrophes.
Rabbi Rules!

The gun nuts will walk over the dead bodies, to get to their boxes of bullets. They are hopelessly in love with their deadly replacements for an actual penis.

What is your replacement for an actual penis?

No need in my case. I own guns for the reason they were invented, to kill things, easily.

Last edited:
The gun nuts will walk over the dead bodies, to get to their boxes of bullets. They are hopelessly in love with their deadly replacements for an actual penis.

The Gun grabbers pray for more bloody bodies, hopefully White and Female, so that that they can stack them up and use them as clubs to push their Unconstitutional Agenda.

Liberals blame an inanimate object for murder. Then get all bothered when logical people do not want to listen to that drivel.

Guns don't kill people......People with guns kill people

People with anything including their bare hands kill people. That you liberals have fixated on an item because you believe that item is for killing. Intent is on the user, not the object. That you believe this shows what liberals truly are - violent sociopaths. I view a firearms as an item of protection, that can be used nefarious like any other item.

It's what separates logical people from liberals. Your assignment of intent on the object only shows what you apparently would do with one, or fear you might.

:eusa_shifty:

Guns are used in two out of three murders. When bare hands become the number one form of murder, we will have the lowest murder rate on the planet

Forum List

Back