Zone1 There is no "GOD", deal with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The private sector does do things at less costs to the people than government does. But not all things can be judged by the expense alone.

The reason why large governments become so inefficient is that most people are not involved to the degree they should be. the people who vote are actually the minority which is how special interests become so powerful. The very best way to limit that is for more people getting involved on both the local and federal levels.

Under capitalism, government services are often cheaper than when they're privatized. There are many examples around the country of municipalities that privatized their infrastructure only to find the situation was much worse when managed by a for-profit enterprise.

Under capitalism, government services are often cheaper than when they're privatized. There are many examples around the country of municipalities that privatized their infrastructure only to find the situation was much worse when managed by a for-profit enterprise.

most government projects run over budget

I see little difference. If you believe you are immortal even
in spirit" and that your "spirit" is basically just you without a body then why waste 80 or 90 years worrying about your body at all?

Because the experience might be completely different.

Because the experience might be completely different.
I don't see how. You don't even know if the experience will happen after you die.

Most people I think realize unconsciously that this life is all they have. That when the body dies what made you who you were also dies.

I don't see how. You don't even know if the experience will happen after you die.

Most people I think realize unconsciously that this life is all they have. That when the body dies what made you who you were also dies.

Maybe. that's the difference between faith and ignorance.

The original saying, is Faith without reason. Try reasoning when it comes to faith. It gives a much wider perspective.

The reason for faith should be reasonable evidence that warrants that faith. I gave the analogy in an earlier post, of the presidential cheesecake. If you ask me if Biden ate a piece of cheesecake today, I would answer "why would I believe that?". Is there evidence for Biden eating a piece of cheesecake today? If not I won't believe it. I will eventually just say "no, I don't believe Biden ate a piece of cheesecake today". If you provide me with a video of him entering into the cheesecake factory, with his security team and buying some cheesecakes. Some footage of him opening the cheesecake box and his hand is moving toward the cheesecake. The video stops at the point that Biden's hand is moving towards that piece of cheesecake.

Is it reasonable to believe that Biden ate a piece of cheesecake today, after viewing that video evidence of him at the cheesecake factory today? It's a reasonable faith, to believe he ate a piece of cheesecake today, based on that evidence. Evidence determines whether faith is reasonable or not.

What evidence do you have for your Christian dogma? Feelings? Sermons? Why should I or anyone believe in the existential theological claims of Christianity? What is the evidence for this faith? Define your epistemology.

Last edited:
Maybe. that's the difference between faith and ignorance.
Faith promotes ignorance. Belief without proof is not the opposite of ignorance.

Why bother to learn complex things when you believe without evidence?

No, it doesn't.
Sure it does.

Religion is based on the "because I said so" principle.

Do this because I said so

Obey me because I said so

Believe this because I said so

It is not the path of a person who values knowledge over authority in fact it's just the opposite.

I gave the analogy in an earlier post, of the presidential cheesecake.
The cheesecake analogy fails because whether or not the President eats a piece of cheesecake doesn't not affect the way I live my life in any way. Faith points to the ideal way of living one's life so that one gets the most meaning from life and in turn helps one create the best version of oneself that is possible. I follow the Commandments because when I miss doing so, it can be comparable to missing the sign that warns, "Danger! Quicksand!" Following the Beatitudes elicits joy. The wisdom of the ages helps with making wise decisions today. Serving God...that's joy in itself. (Most of the time.)

Sure it does.

Religion is based on the "because I said so" principle.

Do this because I said so

Obey me because I said so

Believe this because I said so

It is not the path of a person who values knowledge over authority in fact it's just the opposite.

No, it's based on "because I think so"

The cheesecake analogy fails because whether or not the President eats a piece of cheesecake doesn't not affect the way I live my life in any way. Faith points to the ideal way of living one's life so that one gets the most meaning from life and in turn helps one create the best version of oneself that is possible. I follow the Commandments because when I miss doing so, it can be comparable to missing the sign that warns, "Danger! Quicksand!" Following the Beatitudes elicits joy. The wisdom of the ages helps with making wise decisions today. Serving God...that's joy in itself. (Most of the time.)

You missed the point of the analogy. Atheists don't need religion to live a meaningful life or live by a code of conduct. Why is morality contingent upon believing in a bunch of religious nonsense?

Where is the evidence for a personal god/sky daddy? You're asserting that a god entity exists, and it is particularly the Christian deity. Prove your case, the burden is upon you, not me.
Actually, in this case, the burden is on you.

You asserted God doesn't exist.
It is up to the person making the original assertion to provide the proof.

If you had instead said "I don't believe" god exists" then you're expressing an opinion and then the burden falls to those claiming your opinion is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back