These Are The Most Violent States In America

Logic is a lost art...

The vast majority of violent crime is perpetrated by blacks and Latino thugs. Your article dances around it by blaming it on "unskilled young men", and other lame ass economic excuses.

If you are unwilling to address the real problem, you're not going to solve it.

The vast majority of violent crime is perpetrated by the poor/lower classes.
Fixed it for ya.
The lower classes are, of course, established by .... the upper classes.

Gee, you do realize that they all have large Democrat-controlled cities, don't you???

So let's do a better comparison and look at actual cities....

The 11 Most Dangerous U.S. Cities - US News

Gee, do you realize virtually all cities are "Democrat-controlled"?
I'm sure it makes a huuuuuge difference at that level. Why those wacko Republicans would prolly be collecting garbage on Thursdays instead of Wednesdays.

What a couple of morons.
If cum hoc fallacies were water molecules, USMB would be the fucking Pacific Ocean.

"The lower classes are, of course, established by .... the upper classes."

Nah, the lower classes are, of course, established by....their own self-destructive culture.

Horseshit.
Only the upper class has the power to establish classes. That's what fucking makes them the upper class.

:banghead:
The individual establishes his class, nobody else.

Notice how right wingers want to explain all the violence in their states on blacks and Hispanics. Even when they are in charge, their failure is always someone else s fault.

I just found it interesting....and yes, conservatives are nortorious of pointing the blame on minorities.....you do know, to this day, they blame slavery on us?

I think it's funny that they say that the crime is in the big cities of those states and all in the cities are democrats.

Yet those states are red and have been red for a long time. If most of the people of those states are in the cities and most in the cities are democratic then how did those states elect republican majorities for so many years?

Then look at the list of states that are the least violent. Most are Blue. Those states also have large cities with mostly democratic people. The conservatives say that it's democrats who are violent. Yet those Blue states are the least violent.

The republicans twist themselves in knots to point their own blame at everyone else. They NEVER take ANY responsibility for what they do or say.

The bottom line, all those red states with very relaxed gun laws, low taxes so they don't have the proper police force or community services or proper education opportunities for all, are the ones that are the most violent.
You want Republicans to apologize for lies told about them? Fat chance!

Bull SHIT. The sociocultural background of cities is what determines their character -- not the political party machine of who runs it

That's quite the deflection. You are trying to shift the blame towards the "sociocultural background" of a city. Sorry, but cities are run by policies and laws, those policies and laws happen to be enforced by Democratic leadership.

No such "shift" is necessary -- it's how culture fucking works. In order for your insipid cum hoc fallacy to find validity you'd have to show how "Republican mayors" pass city ordinances against violent crime and "Democratic mayors" don't. That of course is as ludicrous as the fallacy itself. Murders, assaults and rapes are not governed by city ordinances.

The mere fact that some city has had Democratic mayors for 100 years (at the same time the definition of both parties has radically changed) demonstrates that what we're looking at is a machine, not a philosophy. And your suggestion that the citizenry will always blindly follow whatever the laws are is beyond inane. Neither criminals, nor people in general, are motivated by what the law allows or doesn't allow. They're motivated by self-interest.

This is quite similar to you arguments on gun control. Blame the gun, not the criminal. Hence "blame the citizens, not the party."

Pa-freaking-thetic.

I've never made an argument like that in my life. Your strawman fallacy fails just as the cum hoc did.

so asshole.....there is no difference in how Rudy Guiliani handled crime vs. the mayors before him did? Or deblasio is handling it now? You are pretty fucking stupid....

Rudy hasn't been mayor of NYC for 15 years, and the crime rate has kept dropping.

The crime rate now under DeBlasio is a lot lower than it ever was under Giuliani.

The initial guy who followed him, bloomberg kept his policies....deblasio is the first to stop.....you now see articles out of New York talking about the decline in living standards....the photo of the bum pissing in the middle of the street is now the way of New York.....and gun crime is shooting up.......pun intended.....
Elimination of stop and frisk is the cause of increased crime.

That's quite the deflection. You are trying to shift the blame towards the "sociocultural background" of a city. Sorry, but cities are run by policies and laws, those policies and laws happen to be enforced by Democratic leadership.

No such "shift" is necessary -- it's how culture fucking works. In order for your insipid cum hoc fallacy to find validity you'd have to show how "Republican mayors" pass city ordinances against violent crime and "Democratic mayors" don't. That of course is as ludicrous as the fallacy itself. Murders, assaults and rapes are not governed by city ordinances.

The mere fact that some city has had Democratic mayors for 100 years (at the same time the definition of both parties has radically changed) demonstrates that what we're looking at is a machine, not a philosophy. And your suggestion that the citizenry will always blindly follow whatever the laws are is beyond inane. Neither criminals, nor people in general, are motivated by what the law allows or doesn't allow. They're motivated by self-interest.

This is quite similar to you arguments on gun control. Blame the gun, not the criminal. Hence "blame the citizens, not the party."

Pa-freaking-thetic.

I've never made an argument like that in my life. Your strawman fallacy fails just as the cum hoc did.

so asshole.....there is no difference in how Rudy Guiliani handled crime vs. the mayors before him did? Or deblasio is handling it now? You are pretty fucking stupid....

Rudy hasn't been mayor of NYC for 15 years, and the crime rate has kept dropping.

The crime rate now under DeBlasio is a lot lower than it ever was under Giuliani.

The initial guy who followed him, bloomberg kept his policies....deblasio is the first to stop.....you now see articles out of New York talking about the decline in living standards....the photo of the bum pissing in the middle of the street is now the way of New York.....and gun crime is shooting up.......pun intended.....

The Fourth Amendment is why "stop and frisk" needed to stop and go away. This ain't frickin' Nazi Germany.

The Fourth Amendment is why "stop and frisk" needed to stop and go away. This ain't frickin' Nazi Germany.
It's obama's nazi Germany, 'stop and frisk' notwithstanding.

It's obama's nazi Germany, 'stop and frisk' notwithstanding.

Yeah yeah yeah, the President, the Mayor, the Governor, the city council, county alderman, Congress, fucking high school social studies teacher ---- whatever it takes to find the player wearing the other team's uniform to put points on the Partisan Hack scoreboard. BORing.

snore.gif

Gee, you do realize that they all have large Democrat-controlled cities, don't you???

I'll see your 11 and raise you 24....24 of the most violent cities in the country are all run by democrats, and have been for decades.....

Tennessee..a red state...has 6 of it"s largest cities run by democrats and Nashville and Memphis continually make the top violent cities in the country...

Again, stupid --- Democrats run cities everywhere. Here's what that means in little bite-sized sentences.
The "most violent" cities .... run by Democrats.
The "least violent" cities... .run by Democrats.
The "most median violent cities".... run by Democrats.

The most sports-interested cities... run by Democrats.
The least sports-interested cites... run by Democrats.
The healthiest cities.... run by Democrats.
The least healthy cities.... run by Democrats.
The hottest cities... run by Democrats.
The coldest cities .... run by Democrats.

Stop me when you see some kind of pattern emerge here.
Not that a political party on a city level has jack shit to do with the weather or health or sports or socioeconomic histories.

Dumbass partisan hacknoid.

We aren't making it up.....post links...and they still run the most violent cities in the country....

Your task then, like the racists in the early posts of this thread, is to demonstrate why that association is not a cum hoc fallacy. Explain how a "Democratic" way of running a city (deciding which day the garbage is picked up) leads to violence where a "Republican" way of running a city does not.

Oh wait -- you can't do that since there's no such thing.

You lose, dumb shit.
The only racist here is you. Embrace your bigotry and come out of the closet.

I'll see your 11 and raise you 24....24 of the most violent cities in the country are all run by democrats, and have been for decades.....

Tennessee..a red state...has 6 of it"s largest cities run by democrats and Nashville and Memphis continually make the top violent cities in the country...

Again, stupid --- Democrats run cities everywhere. Here's what that means in little bite-sized sentences.

Not that a political party on a city level has jack shit to do with the weather or health or sports or socioeconomic histories.

We aren't making it up.....post links...and they still run the most violent cities in the country....

Your task then, like the racists in the early posts of this thread, is to demonstrate why that association is not a cum hoc fallacy. Explain how a "Democratic" way of running a city (deciding which day the garbage is picked up) leads to violence where a "Republican" way of running a city does not.

You lose, dumb shit.

Link to my "racism" is........... where?

You lose, dumb shit.

All over the place. You're a Leftist therefore a racist. You bigots see race in everything. Once you found out officer Darren Wilson was white he became guilty in your eyes. George Zimmerman was a "white Hispanic" to you racists. Duke Lacrosse was privileged white boys. In all these cases your racism queered your reception and when the facts finally came in, you were wrong. But you racist bigots never admit to your mistakes, instead you remain fueled by hate looking for another case to fit your racist narrative.

You evil fucks don't give a damn about that woman killed in San Francisco because she was murdered by an Hispanic. That's how racist you are.

You lose, dumb shit.

All over the place. You're a Leftist therefore a racist. You bigots see race in everything. Once you found out officer Darren Wilson was white he became guilty in your eyes.

Who the fuck is Darren Wilson? One of the Beach Boys?

Link to anywhere I've posted anything whatsoever about this "Darren Wilson" is ------- where?

George Zimmerman was a "white Hispanic" to you racists. Duke Lacrosse was privileged white boys. In all these cases your racism queered your reception and when the facts finally came in, you were wrong.

Once again ---- LINK to any post I've ever made, ever, anywhere, about either of these is .... where?

Quote? Reference? Anything at all?

Are you a retard?

But you racist bigots never admit to your mistakes, instead you remain fueled by hate looking for another case to fit your racist narrative.

Yuh. huh. And what is it you're doing with the shit you just pulled out of your ass but can't come up with a single link for then?

Here's the difference between me and your sorry ass:
I don't post on shit I know nothing about.

You evil fucks don't give a damn about that woman killed in San Francisco because she was murdered by an Hispanic. That's how racist you are.

Once again....... LINK?? That means where is it?

Once again, here's your homework -- this is what you're looking for:

Do you just not even understand what the word "link" means? Is that it?
Are you a complete fucking moron then?

Well? You've had two days and came up with bupkis. What's the holdup, stupid?
impatient.gif

Last edited:

You lose, dumb shit.

All over the place. You're a Leftist therefore a racist. You bigots see race in everything. Once you found out officer Darren Wilson was white he became guilty in your eyes.

Link to anywhere I've posted anything whatsoever about this "Darren Wilson" is ------- where?

George Zimmerman was a "white Hispanic" to you racists. Duke Lacrosse was privileged white boys. In all these cases your racism queered your reception and when the facts finally came in, you were wrong.

Once again ---- LINK to any post I've ever made, ever, anywhere, about either of these is .... where?

Are you a retard?

But you racist bigots never admit to your mistakes, instead you remain fueled by hate looking for another case to fit your racist narrative.

Yuh. huh. And what is it you're doing with the shit you just pulled out of your ass but can't come up with a single link for then?

impatient.gif
You're a troll and I'm not going to hunt down all your racist posts. Remember you're the asshole that opened this dialogue by calling people in this thread racist, so I could as easily demand the same from you. All I'm doing is turning your shit back on you, so if you're too much of a menstruating mangina to take it then don't dish it out.

Racist pussy.

You lose, dumb shit.

Are you a retard?

impatient.gif
You're a troll and I'm not going to hunt down all your racist posts. Remember you're the asshole that opened this dialogue by calling people in this thread racist, so I could as easily demand the same from you. All I'm doing is turning your shit back on you, so if you're too much of a menstruating mangina to take it then don't dish it out.

So you CAN'T quote anything, because you pulled it out of your ass, and now you see that, and you run away like the wimpussy coward asshole scumbag you are. And you can't bring yourself to admit you just pulled ALL of that shit out of your ass.

How did you phrase it?
"you racist bigots never admit to your mistakes, instead you remain fueled by hate looking for another case to fit your racist narrative."

Exactly. Pathetic coward.

Racist pussy.

And here we go again.....

..... Link?

Brooklyn is currently enjoying essentially it's lowest crime rate in almost 50 years.

And is still only safer than 37 percent of all the cities in the US. The lower third. Meaning that 63% of America is safer than Brooklyn. It also doesn't mean much when the crime rate in Brooklyn is twice the rate of the rest of New York State. Also, according to the NYPD as of March of this year, murders in NYC have risen 20%. Therefore, all of this comes under the leadership of a Democratic Mayor. And last I checked, Brooklyn is one of the five boroughs that make up New York City.

1. Brooklyn is the most populous of New York City's five boroughs, with a Census-estimated 2,621,793 people in 2014. It is geographically adjacent to the borough of Queens at the western end of Long Island. Wikipedia

And if you're gonna make a big deal about crime......OK, OK....I'll stop.

So Pogo

If blacks vote Democrat, and blacks commit all those murders, it's obvious that Democrats are doing the killing....

Who did you think was doing it, Leprechauns????

I don't know that murderers vote at all. Nor do you. Do you actually think everyone votes?

I already said this but obviously you're not the brightest bulb in the light tower. You be sure to let me know if you're so dense that you need it explained yet a third time.

Here you go.....

A Latin King, interviewed at Cook County Jail, recalls how the top leader of his gang, the Corona, ordered every member in his area to vote for Ricardo Muñoz, the 22nd Ward alderman. “Every chapter had to vote for that guy, anyone who was eligible to vote,” says the Latin King. “That was a direct order. That means you can’t say no. If you do, you face a violation”—typically a beating, or worse.

He estimates that the gang delivered hundreds of votes, maybe even a thousand or more, in one of Muñoz’s elections in the 1990s. Moreover, he says, members were also directed—under the threat of punishment—to pass out campaign flyers for Muñoz and walk around carrying his signs. They were instructed to wear their Sunday best: ties, khakis, trench coats. “No thug clothes,” he recalls.

Muñoz says he does not seek out gang support: “There is no coordinated effort in any way, shape, or form.”

Many politicians who enlist gang members try to cloak the relationship in the rhetoric of political empowerment or social activism. They’ll say they want to get troubled youth involved in the political process in constructive ways: doing things like circulating nominating petitions, passing out campaign literature, or registering voters. They’ll say that for many of these men and boys, participating in politics is one of the few positive things they’ve done in their lives.

A Latin King, interviewed at Cook County Jail, recalls how the top leader of his gang, the Corona, ordered every member in his area to vote for Ricardo Muñoz, the 22nd Ward alderman. “Every chapter had to vote for that guy, anyone who was eligible to vote,” says the Latin King. “That was a direct order. That means you can’t say no. If you do, you face a violation”—typically a beating, or worse.

So, do you think some of those gang members had killed people?
34 Latin King members in Chicago and Indiana arrested today.

So Pogo

If blacks vote Democrat, and blacks commit all those murders, it's obvious that Democrats are doing the killing....

I don't know that murderers vote at all. Nor do you. Do you actually think everyone votes?

I already said this but obviously you're not the brightest bulb in the light tower. You be sure to let me know if you're so dense that you need it explained yet a third time.

Here you go.....

He estimates that the gang delivered hundreds of votes, maybe even a thousand or more, in one of Muñoz’s elections in the 1990s. Moreover, he says, members were also directed—under the threat of punishment—to pass out campaign flyers for Muñoz and walk around carrying his signs. They were instructed to wear their Sunday best: ties, khakis, trench coats. “No thug clothes,” he recalls.

Muñoz says he does not seek out gang support: “There is no coordinated effort in any way, shape, or form.”

Many politicians who enlist gang members try to cloak the relationship in the rhetoric of political empowerment or social activism. They’ll say they want to get troubled youth involved in the political process in constructive ways: doing things like circulating nominating petitions, passing out campaign literature, or registering voters. They’ll say that for many of these men and boys, participating in politics is one of the few positive things they’ve done in their lives.

And sadly they could be back on the street next week.....that is how they do it here in Chicago.....in fact.....they probably have their pet aldermen paying their bail right now....

Logic is a lost art...

The vast majority of violent crime is perpetrated by blacks and Latino thugs. Your article dances around it by blaming it on "unskilled young men", and other lame ass economic excuses.

If you are unwilling to address the real problem, you're not going to solve it.

The vast majority of violent crime is perpetrated by the poor/lower classes.
Fixed it for ya.
The lower classes are, of course, established by .... the upper classes.

Gee, do you realize virtually all cities are "Democrat-controlled"?
I'm sure it makes a huuuuuge difference at that level. Why those wacko Republicans would prolly be collecting garbage on Thursdays instead of Wednesdays.

What a couple of morons.
If cum hoc fallacies were water molecules, USMB would be the fucking Pacific Ocean.
Socialism breeds violence and altogether bad behavior…

So Pogo

Here you go.....

And this is the likely outcome ....

================

The Left’s Phony War on Guns, by Kevin D. Williamson, National Review

Chicago has Wild West levels of homicide.

(Worse, in fact; the criminality and violence of the ungoverned West has been greatly exaggerated, and some of those old cow towns had lower per capita crime rates back when they had no formal government than they do today.)

Do you know what kind of crime illegal possession of a firearm is in the state of Illinois?

It is a misdemeanor.

A 2014 study conducted by the Chicago Sun-Times found that in most cases, Cook County judges handed down the minimum sentence for gun possession, and in most cases, the criminals ended up serving far less than that, doing only a few months.

Those charged with simple possession had an average of four prior arrests; those charged with the more serious crime of being a felon in possession of a firearm had an average of ten previous arrests.

Ten arrests, and the eleventh is for a gun-related crime.

One wonders how many undetected crimes are covered by such criminal careers.

Many in Illinois have argued that, given the state of crime there, stiffer sentences are warranted.

A bill was introduced to that end, and it was opposed by Democrats who argued that stiffer sentences for those actually committing crimes with guns would “unfairly target African-Americans,” as the Sun-Times put it.

The NRA, to its discredit, opposed that bill, too, arguing that the penalties for simple possession in absence of other criminal activity were too stiff.

But that’s an argument for liberalizing Illinois gun laws, not for forgoing the punishment of criminals.

The NRA did support harsher punishment for felons in possession of firearms, and for the use of firearms in crimes. Democrats have generally opposed them.

Read more at: The Left’s Phony War on Guns

=====================

And in Baltimore....

Baltimore's yearlong war on 'trigger pullers' and illegal guns, by the numbers

Davis believes one reason is that those arrested for guns in the city aren't landing in prison for long periods of time.

-----------------

Possession of an illegal gun in Baltimore is a misdemeanor rather than a felony, which Davis unsuccessfully tried to change during the last General Assembly session.

--------------

That means 52 people with illegal guns were put behind bars for a total of 65 years — just over a year per person, on average.

---------

Davis said police currently have a list of 431 "trigger pullers" and have identified 566 trigger pullers since the war room's creation.

Of those identified as trigger pullers, 11 have been arrested for murder, 28 have been arrested for attempted murder, and 80 have been arrested for illegal possession of a firearm, he said. Also, 32 have been killed, and 52 others have been wounded in shootings.

"We're convinced that we're looking at the right people who are disproportionately responsible for violence in the city. It happens from time to time that there will be an outlier, but we are looking at the right people," Davis said.

"We know who they are. They're in the game, they're choosing not to leave the game, and they choose to carry a gun again and again and again, because they know there's not a significant consequence for carrying a gun.

"And those are the people we have to continue to focus on."

And a recent example....

Burglar held by homeowner after shooting family dog

Jones collected four antique pistols, a crossbow, a knife and a machete from the couple’s home. Shadow was still barking, so Jones first threw the knife at the dog, then took one of the pistols he had just stolen and shot Shadow. Soon thereafter, the couple came home.

Sheffield told local media in a recent interview that he immediately knew something was awry when he saw the front door was opened with the storm door closed. He said he knew it shouldn’t be that way, so he entered with caution, his handgun drawn and at the ready.

Once inside, Sheffield came face to face with Jones, who was still armed. Sheffield trained his gun on Jones and told him to get down.

“He hesitated for a second, and I said, ‘Go down or you’re dead.’ And he said, ‘Alright, alright, alright,’” Sheffield recalled.

He held Jones there until police arrived a short time later. He was arrested and charged with burglary, theft by unlawful taking, receiving stolen property and animal cruelty.

However, the couple was rather disappointed to learn that less than a week after the break-in, Jones was released from jail on a $1,000 bond.

“It’s just like a slap on the wrist,” said Sheffield’s wife, obviously irritated about the situation.

Forum List

Back