Think I'll Call This, "whassa Day!"

Agreed. I smell supper bowl hangover for the team with the ugliest uniforms in the league.
Not uglier than the Oregon Ducks.

It's like there's only one tailor in the Pacific Northwest.

Seahawks have the worst uniforms in the NFL, the Ducks have the worst uniforms in the world.
Manning still the best QB in the NFL

He got the tying TD off a guy that played two snaps in his whole NFL career at Rt Corner. ANY decent QB could have /should have got that completion. Hats off to Manning for making a game out of it but in all honesty Wilson's last drive was more impressive running for three first downs and completing more difficult throws.

Mannings INT to Chancellor was a horrible pass. I suppose you didn't notice that it wasn't anywhere near his receiver. And THAT is what cost Denver the game.

Indeed.so very true,his last minute comeback did no good because of his previous interception by Chancellor that led to a field goal which turned out to cost them the game.:biggrin: He had a pretty good game up till that point but like typical choker manning,he choked when it mattered the most.:biggrin:

If not for that costly interception of his,they would have won the game.

Hauschka missed one FG which should have sealed the deal and put the game totally out of the reach of Mannings heroics. He rarely misses from that distance ...I think it was in the mid 40's.

Also Seattle made several penalties that were drive killers but the real reason that the game wasn't a total blowout was that the rookie Britt RG and the backup RB Turbin both wiffed on about half a dozen critical blocks on Ware that led to Wilson getting sacked and a when not, a total disruption of the play leading to losses that also slowed down and/or killed drives.

He got the tying TD off a guy that played two snaps in his whole NFL career at Rt Corner. ANY decent QB could have /should have got that completion. Hats off to Manning for making a game out of it but in all honesty Wilson's last drive was more impressive running for three first downs and completing more difficult throws.

Mannings INT to Chancellor was a horrible pass. I suppose you didn't notice that it wasn't anywhere near his receiver. And THAT is what cost Denver the game.

I give RW credit for wining the game , and yes, he was money on the last drive, but manning drove his team 80 yards up the field and managed a tough two point conversion to tie the the game. Wilson is good, but mobile QBs never really have long term success in the league. Right now he's a good game manager.

Chancellor made a nice play on that interception, and yes, it was a bad pass by manning. Welker was in no position to make a play. Manning should have never tried to force the ball to him. Having said that, he's still one of best ever.

Mobile quarterbacks never really have long term success in the NFL? oh really? :biggrin: have you ever heard of a guy by the name of John Elway? how bout Brett Farve? last time I checked those guys were very moblie quarterbacks who had very long term success in the NFL.:lmao::lmao::lol:

Farve particularly was amazing the fact he played till he was 41 years old and only missed ONE game his whole carrer which is pretty phenomenal.better check your history cause im just getting warmed up.:lol:

one injury proned mobile quarterback named RG 3 doesnt mean ALL mobile quarterbacks dont have long term success.lol.

Agreed. I smell supper bowl hangover for the team with the ugliest uniforms in the league.
Not uglier than the Oregon Ducks.

It's like there's only one tailor in the Pacific Northwest.

Seahawks have the worst uniforms in the NFL, the Ducks have the worst uniforms in the world.

Indeed.so very true,his last minute comeback did no good because of his previous interception by Chancellor that led to a field goal which turned out to cost them the game.:biggrin: He had a pretty good game up till that point but like typical choker manning,he choked when it mattered the most.:biggrin:

If not for that costly interception of his,they would have won the game.

Hauschka missed one FG which should have sealed the deal and put the game totally out of the reach of Mannings heroics. He rarely misses from that distance ...I think it was in the mid 40's.

Also Seattle made several penalties that were drive killers but the real reason that the game wasn't a total blowout was that the rookie Britt RG and the backup RB Turbin both wiffed on about half a dozen critical blocks on Ware that led to Wilson getting sacked and a when not, a total disruption of the play leading to losses that also slowed down and/or killed drives.

I remember that one where they had Turbin trying to block Ware and he sacked wilson,what the hell were they thinking,that was asking way too much of Turbin to try and block ware all by himself.:cuckoo:

and yeah,looks like Britt showed he is a rookie today.thats the risk of having a rookie in there,they are going to make mistakes along the way their first year and have games like this one.

One thing that wasn't mentioned much in the game by the announcers was the beating that old man was taking yesterday.

Manning was amazing true but he got the snot beat out of him over and over time and time again. Maybe it didn't show up even at the end of THAT game but his bruises won't heal completely during the bye.

I was amazed he finished the game.

I give RW credit for wining the game , and yes, he was money on the last drive, but manning drove his team 80 yards up the field and managed a tough two point conversion to tie the the game. Wilson is good, but mobile QBs never really have long term success in the league. Right now he's a good game manager.

Chancellor made a nice play on that interception, and yes, it was a bad pass by manning. Welker was in no position to make a play. Manning should have never tried to force the ball to him. Having said that, he's still one of best ever.

Mobile quarterbacks never really have long term success in the NFL? oh really? :biggrin: have you ever heard of a guy by the name of John Elway? how bout Brett Farve? last time I checked those guys were very moblie quarterbacks who had very long term success in the NFL.:lmao::lmao::lol:

Farve particularly was amazing the fact he played till he was 41 years old and only missed ONE game his whole carrer which is pretty phenomenal.better check your history cause im just getting warmed up.:lol:

one injury proned mobile quarterback named RG 3 doesnt mean ALL mobile quarterbacks dont have long term success.lol.

Ok, I'll give you those guys, but you have to admit there aren't many mobile QBs that have long term success in the league.

Like I said,I was just getting started.lol. I can think of a few others as well that have played over the years.I was just getting warmed up.lol.

thats not important though,what is is that if you follow wilson closely each week as a seahawk fan,you'll observe the same thing people like myself and Huggy have noticed which is the reason he hasnt been hurt yet like RG3 for example is he plays smart.

He doesnt take stupid unnessary chances like diving head first for a first down.He slides feet first avoiding the hard hits. His mobility is so good that he seldom takes a sack and if something isnt there,to avoid taking the sack, he scrambles away from the rush and if he cant pick up the first down,wisely throws it away so the worst kind of hits he takes are pretty much the same stationary quarterbacks like manning and brady take ,just getting knocked down a bit.

thats why he was one of those rare quarterbacks who was ready to start his first season in the pro's and be effective was because he has an advanced mind to where he doesnt play like a third year quarterback.He plays like a seasoned pro who has been in the league for 10 plus years.

I would be far more surprised if he got hurt this season and manning did not.Not that i expect either one will get hurt this year but if one did,manning would be the one I would be less surprised about.

in fact it would be a major shocker to me if he got hurt this year because the majority of the season last year he was playing behind a patched up offensive line that never got healthy entirely until the superbowl which made him staying healthy last year all the more amazing.this year his entire offensive line IS healthy so thats why I think they have an excellent shot to repeat as superbowl champs again.

that is if they can fix their damn defense who for some reason cant seem to mount a freaking pass rush lately.:banghead: i never in my widest thoughts figured that would be their issues now this time of the year.:banghead:

Who's a better quarterback?

1. Russell Wilson
2. Fran Tarkington
thats an interesting question thats posed because I have noticed on some of the monday night games they showed last year,michaels I believe it was,was comparing wilson to tarkington saying there were a lot of uncanny similarities.:beer: wonder how long it will be before huggy comes on with something like-there is no comparison,wilson can do things tarkington never could do.something on those lines.:biggrin:

thats an interesting question thats posed because I have noticed on some of the monday night games they showed last year,michaels I believe it was,was comparing wilson to tarkington saying there were a lot of uncanny similarities.:beer: wonder how long it will be before huggy comes on with something like-there is no comparison,wilson can do things tarkington never could do.something on those lines.:biggrin:
Their game is practically identical. Floating pocket.

I lay this out right now, Wilson's got a long way to go, before he comes anywhere close to Tarkington.

Their game is practically identical. Floating pocket.

I lay this out right now, Wilson's got a long way to go, before he comes anywhere close to Tarkington.

true but he's got a good start.He has already done what tarkington never could do,WIN a superbowl.If he wins another one this year like I am expecting him to,then you wont be able to help but say he has equaled his greatness already the fact he would have done what only a few greats have done over the years,win it back to back.the last one who did so after all tom brady, is a future lock in the hall of fame.

true but he's got a good start.He has already done what tarkington never could do,WIN a superbowl.If he wins another one this year like I am expecting him to,then you wont be able to help but say he has equaled his greatness already the fact he would have done what only a few greats have done over the years,win it back to back.the last one who did so after all tom brady, is a future lock in the hall of fame.
Figures Huggy would puss out on this question. He probably doesn't even know who we're talking about? He thinks we're talking about some Mexican danish. Hey Huggy, it's Fran, not Flan.

I wonder how that game would've turned out if the Vikings had released Adrian Peterson and Denver picked him up? Can you see how Manning would be, if he had a back like Peterson?

What if RG3 had John Riggins behind him in the backfield?

What if Andrew Luck had Earl Cambell?

Figures Huggy would puss out on this question. He probably doesn't even know who we're talking about? He thinks we're talking about some Mexican danish. Hey Huggy, it's Fran, not Flan.

Sorry to miss the big convesation...I was sick as a dog yesterday. Food poisoning or passed a small kidney stone. Feeling MUCH better today so I'll try to catch up.

Wilson is only two years and three games into his career. I think it is just a tad premature to start comparing him to the greats. Like 9/11 said if Wilson makes it back to the SB and wins there will be enough meat on that bone to chew on where Wilson is shaping up against some of the best QBs.

When we try to start making comparrisons against great QBs from the past we are asking some impossible questions because the game has changed. I saw Tarkington play many times. He extended plays many times but he did it in different ways than Wilson. I think Russell makes it back near the LOS better than Fran did. Tarkington wasn't as fast as Wilson so he bought time by losing a lot of ground and bailed himself out with crazy long throws. When he did get caught he also LOST a lot of territory. Wilson rarely gives up big losses. But it is still too early to make really good observations I believe.

:biggrin:

Andrew Luck is what 3yrs in ...crushing Wilson

Luck "crushing" Wilson?

Really?

Both QBs are 3 games into their 3rd seasons.

Wilson has a SB ring. Luck?

OK... Indy had better win a SB this season or your analysis is rediculous.
yeah better get off that crack you been smoking.Unlucky is crushing Wilson?:lmao::lmao::lol: Last time I checked,throwing three interceptions in back to back playoff games isn't crushing.:lmao: He was able to get away with it in the first one last year because it came against the KANSAS CITY CLOWNS.wasnt able to get away with it the next week having it happen against the patriots with a future hall of fame quarterback.I dont think wilson has ever thrown more than one interception in a game. I know he didnt last year.

Unlucky has yet to impress me.I caught the tail end of the eagles/colts game on monday night last week and Luck AGAIN through an interception at the end that cost them the game.

This is his third year in the league and he is still making the same rookie mistakes you expect out of a first year starter.wilson on the other hand,plays like he is an experienced veteran who has been in the league for 10 years now.

Indy and washington ESPECIALLY,wasted their draft choices in the fact wilson has been far greater than either of them which is impressive in the fact the seahawks play in the toughest division in the league.

Oh-oh...REALITY!!!! Should have looked a little harder at the facts before putting Lucky-Luck up on that pedistal and kicking Russell to the curb.
"Russell Wilson isn’t just off to an efficient start to his third season; the Seahawks’ QB is leading the way for the most effective start to a season in NFL history by the league’s quarterbacks.
Through three games, the quarterbacks around the league have combined for a 90.6 passer rating, topping the 88.2 mark from 2011.
Wilson’s passer rating during the Seahawks’ 2-1 start is 108.9, putting him just ahead of the Denver Broncos’ Peyton Manning (108.5) and San Diego Chargers’ Philip Rivers (108.3) – the quarterbacks the Seahawks faced in their past two games.
Three other QBs also have a 100-plus rating – the Washington Redskins’ Kirk Cousins (105.8), who the Seahawks will face Oct. 6 following their bye this weekend; Atlanta Falcons’ Matt Ryan (105.1) and Indianapolis Colts’ Andrew Luck (103.0).
A major factor in calculating a passer rating is interceptions, and Wilson, Manning, Rivers and Cousins have each thrown only one. The interceptions thrown by Wilson and Manning came Sunday during the Seahawks’ 26-20 overtime victory at CenturyLink Field."

Russell Wilson leads the way for historic start by NFL quarterbacks

Forum List

Back